Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MotUC Thunder Punch He-Man Thread

The Official MotUC Thunder Punch He-Man Thread

Possible action feature? Maybe I missed this one... I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer.

Compare to:

Will he include an action feature with the missing back piece?

Last edited by Jeffrey80; July 25, 2011 at 02:33pm. Reason: grammar:)

The back piece could have been missing for any number of reasons. I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Especially since they did do the 'homage' to the action feature in the shield.

Is it possible we'll get a backpack-based action feature? Sure. But I wouldn't bet on it just yet.

Possibly...nice catch.

I love his sword...it's awesome.

I was never a huge fan of TP He-Man...but I love him in MOTUC. Much better than BA He-Man IMHO.

I also doubt they would do this but its strange that they didn't at least show the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey80 View Post
    I also doubt they would do this but its strange that they didn't at least show the backpack.
    It probably wasn't ready in time for the con (i.e. sculpted). They probably just wanted to show the figure the best they could.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Snappy Threader
    I figure he will get his backpack, maybe even one that opens to store another "cap", but it probably won't feature anything like the original. I am interested in someday finding out the story behind the color changes on the swords, like this gold one, the blue one, Adam's purple one, etc. Should be exciting to find out what their bio direction is on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I am interested in someday finding out the story behind the color changes on the swords, like this gold one, the blue one, Adam's purple one, etc. Should be exciting to find out what their bio direction is on this matter.
    My guess is that the Thunder Punch sword is infused with the power of lightning to go with the Thunder Punch....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    My guess is that the Thunder Punch sword is infused with the power of lightning to go with the Thunder Punch....
    See, that is what I am talking about, that would make for an awesome story.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I think they need your help writting the Bio's.

Somebody start a petition thread!!!
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I sure hope not. I hate action features. Didn't like them when I was a child, and I certainly have no use for them as an adult.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I still miss some kind of translucent touch in his arm or something similar to the fire of Draego-Man. I love the lack of action features... but this is too plain
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Stay tuned for Pixel Dan's video. All will be explained.

I thought TG stated a long time ago that there wouldn't be any action-features in this line .

Personally, I wouldn't read too much into the cap being inside of the shield on Classics TP He-Man. I would imagine it's just a nod to the vintage line, and given the uproar over the dial sculpted on Hurricane Hordak's back I would imagine that's why we didn't see the rest of the armor. That is to say, perhaps the 4H decided to go a different route other than having the circular knob on the back. Who knows?

*Edit* Aha, thanks for telling us about the video, Scott .

Regards,
    Victor P.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I hope not.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    As PC as the world is today they would not do a blast cap feature because they would consider it a weapon.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I thought TG stated a long time ago that there wouldn't be any action-features in this line .

Personally, I wouldn't read too much into the cap being inside of the shield on Classics TP He-Man. I would imagine it's just a nod to the vintage line, and given the uproar over the dial sculpted on Hurricane Hordak's back I would imagine that's why we didn't see the rest of the armor.
    Toyguru did say that, but that was a while ago and since then we've gotten Clawful with a snapping claw, and the Wind Raider has a firing grappling hook. Always take anything Scott says with a pinch of salt (his words).

Personally I don't see much point in owning a new TP He-Man if he doesn't have at least some sort of action feature. Without it he's just the exact same He-Man in a new red vest. I loved the original toy, but i'm more excited about the minicomic that the new one comes with than the actual figure.

The one thing I'd like to see is TP He-Man to have a spring-loaded waist…so he at least has that punching action. Really can't wait to see Pixel Dan's video!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Stay tuned for Pixel Dan's video. All will be explained.
    So looking forward to this!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Toyguru did say that, but that was a while ago and since then we've gotten Clawful with a snapping claw, and the Wind Raider has a firing grappling hook. Always take anything Scott says with a pinch of salt (his words).

Personally I don't see much point in owning a new TP He-Man if he doesn't have at least some sort of action feature. Without it he's just the exact same He-Man in a new red vest. I loved the original toy, but i'm more excited about the minicomic that the new one comes with than the actual figure.
    I think it should be common knowledge the limits Mattel can do with "action features" by this point in the line (I personally find it humorous how many seem to want action features when the lack of which was considered a big selling point a few years back).

Clawful's "action feature" was part of an external accessory. The Wind Raider is an all new mold to begin with. But Mattel is NOT going to tool up new torsos for a "collector's line" just to include some half assed action feature (which I'm not sure are even allowed on figures anymore due to the safety hazard).

That said, I think "effects features" (like snap on "energy fields" and such) would be a great means to recreate the feature without tooling a new body.

I want He-man's fist to go bang like a gun.

i bet the back straps are the hidden accessory.

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    So I just watched Pixel Dan's tour of the new stuff with Toy Guru and it has been said that TPHM will have a backpack without action feature, but will hold the cap ring.

There will also probably be a translucent energy effect that clips onto his closed-fist right hand. The cap ring comes off the shield if that wasn't obvious...
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Steve View Post
    I think it should be common knowledge the limits Mattel can do with "action features" by this point in the line (I personally find it humorous how many seem to want action features when the lack of which was considered a big selling point a few years back).

Clawful's "action feature" was part of an external accessory. The Wind Raider is an all new mold to begin with. But Mattel is NOT going to tool up new torsos for a "collector's line" just to include some half assed action feature (which I'm not sure are even allowed on figures anymore due to the safety hazard).

That said, I think "effects features" (like snap on "energy fields" and such) would be a great means to recreate the feature without tooling a new body.
    Thunder Punch He-Man's backpack could be done as an external accessory. It wouldn't have to function exactly like the original figure. A snap shut lever on the backpack to make the caps fire (similar to the old Robocop figures) would probably work.

You're right though, it is extremely unlikely that this will happen, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

I for one would love the action feature...... I would Love to see lightning or a translucent feature to show the action of a thunder Punch! Thunder Punch He-Man is my favorite He-Man...... I Love Them all, but this one is very special!

i can't wait for this one!!!
    Last edited by he-ron; July 26, 2011 at 08:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't really see a need for the Thunder Punch action feature. It's a novelty really as an adult, one which wouldn't last long