Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MotUC Thunder Punch He-Man Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Don't really see a need for the Thunder Punch action feature. It's a novelty really as an adult, one which wouldn't last long
    i agree with this. when i got my clawful, i thought the snapping claw was cool. then i went to pose him and realized i couldn't keep the claw open to make it look like he was trying to grab someone with it.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    He will not have an action feature. The backpack is not finished being sculpted yet. Once it's done, you'll be able to remove the "cap" from the sield and plug it into the backpack for fun, but there won't be an actual action feature.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

The Official Thunder Punch He-Man Thread

Since the "should he or shouldn't he" have a closed fist thread was closed I figured we'd use this thread to discuss all things Thunder Punch He-Man.

This version of He-Man was my favorite as a kid. Red is my favorite color as well and TP He-Man rocked it.

The yellow sword and the metal shield gave him an edge that he lacked before.

I don't think it was clear in PD's SDCC video if his right hand would be interchangeable or if it would just be re-sculpted to be closed with the energy effect. However, this version of He-Man next to Snake Armor is my most easily anticipated. The battle armor version didnt do much for me.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Shoryuken!

It would be so cool to see He-Man hit a Dragon Punch pose!

He's coming with a fist and energy attachment.

I always hated Thunder Punch He-Man, but there is a sad story linked to it:

when I was about 7 I was with my mom in the store and I saw Flying Fists He-Man. He looked great and I wanted him, so I showed her and asked him for Christmas. But when Christmas came I got TP He-Man instead. It was one of the only times my mom got me the wrong toy. She just got me a He-Man variant which had more or less the same packaging (the larger card).

I never liked him because I couldn't "play" with him. He couldn't hold his sword well, he was always turned 45, I only used the action feature with the 'bombs' once. So he spent my entire childhood at the bottom of the box.

I also never had Flying Fists He-Man as a kid!! I only got him last year or so!

Ain't that a sad story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I always hated Thunder Punch He-Man, but there is a sad story linked to it:

when I was about 7 I was with my mom in the store and I saw Flying Fists He-Man. He looked great and I wanted him, so I showed her and asked him for Christmas. But when Christmas came I got TP He-Man instead. It was one of the only times my mom got me the wrong toy. She just got me a He-Man variant which had more or less the same packaging (the larger card).

I never liked him because I couldn't "play" with him. He couldn't hold his sword well, he was always turned 45, I only used the action feature with the 'bombs' once. So he spent my entire childhood at the bottom of the box.

I also never had Flying Fists He-Man as a kid!! I only got him last year or so!

Ain't that a sad story!!
    Yeah it is a sad story. I have a fondness for Flying Fists He-Man as well. He coulda' used more red though.

I have a sad story about my Thunder Punch He-Man too. I was around 6 or 7 when I got it and you know at the time, all previous He-Man figures had been indestructible aside from the bitten up fingers. Well, here I am, a dumb 6 year old kid tossing my TP He-Man into the air trying to get him caught in a tree branch (yeah, I know ***!). Well, my older sister tries and he gets caught but then he is so heavy he tumbles down and falls onto the concrete sidewalk and splits in half. :-( I was sooooo upset but it was really my own fault.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

why thunder punch he-man rules?

I honestly can not find the grace to thunder punch he-man, this figure was released when I was no longer interested in motu (I get the stupid teenage years) perhaps for that reason I do not feel a connection with that variant.
    besides I do not like the style of the harness and color
    now he is a motuc I want to like this version.

so i need to know why thunder punch he-man rules? why you like thunder punch he-man?

Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 28, 2011 at 06:51pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

The more I read, the more I was feeling the same, though not quite to the same extent.

I do like how his harness has the symbol introduced on the Battle Armor, and in a way bridges the original and Battle Armor designs, in a way. I also like how his boots have white fur.

Yeah, I don't have too much.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Don't ask me. I never had this one. But I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Flying Fists He-Man.

Still, Thunder Punch looks cool, and I can't wait to own him. If I'm not completely mistaken, this is the armor that was used on the old Burger King promos...
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

1. RED

2. The chest harness

3. He can punch with the power of thunder.

Duhh winning.

Lock this thread.

As a kid he was my alternative to the original harness He-Man when
    I misplaced him and the original was hard to come by. I did enjoy his
    punching gimmick though. I do like his color scheme and yellow power
    sword as well. He's definitely not my favorite variant but I did enjoy him
    when I had him.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Don't ask me. I never had this one. But I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Flying Fists He-Man.
    Now, that was my favorite He-Man variant. I'm hoping they do something more
    unique with his overall look when he eventually surfaces.

And let's not forget the wonderful, smoking smell of those caps...truly a toy of a bygone era.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

I also never had the vintage toy, so it's been a design that I've liked, but haven't found different enough to get excited for.

I've just been awaiting a rather boring vest swap figure with colors that aren't even all that different from the standard He-Man, so I do think this MOTUC version slightly rules for being a bit better than that. I'm really liking that he's got a fist and the special effect accessory that I was hoping for. The sword looks really nice in that color and it's cool that the "caps" can be removed and held like a frisbee weapon.

Also, I think everything red rules. I would have thought this was the best outfit as a kid, but it wasn't interesting to me since I had the regular version first.

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much this entirely! I remember as a child being awestruck at how cool it was that you could actually have this toy unleash his thunderous fury! Heheh how silly us children were, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane429 View Post
    And let's not forget the wonderful, smoking smell of those caps...truly a toy of a bygone era.

That WAS an awesome action feature! I love this He-Man because of the harness and the "H" symbol. I can't wait to see the energy effect attachment for his fist this time around! Also…with TP He-Man coming out…could Dragon Blaster Skelly be far behind???

On a side note…I always wanted to see a "200X He-Man" with THIS "H" symbol on his harness rather than that horrid asterisk!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

He was my He-man after my original's rubber connector on his legs broke.

He had a super punch in story, He actually had a sculpted fist and came with what I always saw as a lightning charged powersword. Then there was those caps, as mentioned, had such a great scent to it.

I never had a real connection to Flying Fists or BA, but Thunder Punch, yeah.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    I got Thunder Punch He-Man for christmas 1985 along with all the Evil Horde "A" list villains except for Hordak... but anyway, This guy really hits home for me because I remember vividly unwrapping him and then opening the packaging. I sat there for a good 5 minutes examining him, wondering why his right arm was so freakin' huge compared to the other arm. And I was amazed with the vac-metalized chest armor and shield. Plus, his boots had the white fur on top. I just loved him... more than the original He-Man. But most of all, He was the definitive He-man to ride the Dragon Walker. With all the love I had for this figure, It was also a pivotal moment for me. I realized after opening up all my MOTU toys that I was loosing interest in the line. I was getting older and I started to look at MOTU as cheap and played out. I still played with them but that was the beginning of the end... no more going to the toy store and picking out a new MOTU figure for Dad to buy.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm younger than your average MOTU fan as I was born the same year alongside it so I was hardcore into MOTU when Thunder Punch He-Man was out. Easily one of my favorite variants if not the favorite He-Man variant.

Here's 5 reasons why he's awesome...

1) Awesome new red and silver armor/logo/design.

2) Blasting caps means Thunder punches CRAKKK! other figures in their mouth.

3) Closed fist just hammmmmered other figures when I played MOTU as a kid. How is that not fun to use him as your standard He-Man, especially how He-Man punches the screen during the Filmation intro. That was my mentality as a kid while playing at least.

4) Awesome yellow/gold sword and shiny silver shield.

5) It's a power up. Look at it like when Mario gets a Fire Flower and changes into red and white clothing and can now throw fireballs... Power ups are awesome...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm younger than your average MOTU fan as I was born the same year alongside it so I was hardcore into MOTU when Thunder Punch He-Man was out. Easily one of my favorite variants if not the favorite He-Man variant.

Here's 5 reasons why he's awesome...

1) Awesome new red and silver armor/logo/design.

2) Blasting caps means Thunder punches CRAKKK! other figures in their mouth.

3) Closed fist just hammmmmered other figures when I played MOTU as a kid. How is that not fun to use him as your standard He-Man, especially how He-Man punches the screen during the Filmation intro. That was my mentality as a kid while playing at least.

4) Awesome yellow/gold sword and shiny silver shield.

5) It's a power up. Look at it like when Mario gets a Fire Flower and changes into red and white clothing and can now throw fireballs... Power ups are awesome...

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...er_01_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...er_02_full.jpg

Way to go Count Marzo, now people will start calling him power up He-Man.

TP was released in 85?, then I was in my full childhood, now I understand, this was never released in my country.

I don't like the chest harness, this looks like a sports logo, I don't know, H from cleveland lol
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Better than "TP He-Man". Everytime someone says that, I say... "TP FOR MY BUNNNGHOLE!"

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Better than "TP He-Man". Everytime someone says that, I say... "TP FOR MY BUNNNGHOLE!"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uzte1XHg-o...Cornholio9.jpg
    Agreed. Much better.

Since you love TP and posted that pic I shall call you the great Marzolio and you need TP for your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Aw yeah, power up He-Man!!!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

After watching Pixel Dan's SDCC Walkthrough with Toyguru my opinion on this figure has changed drastically.

The scuplted blasting caps weapon is such a great nod. That in itself has made this figure so much better. I would always take something like this over a scuplted dial.

Another Power Sword to the collection, which is a good thing because I really like the multi coloured swords. Thunder Punch He-Man's sword was always my favourite in the vintage line.

The best thing? If it gets costed out we may get our first energy/power bolt snap on. That is going to look so good seeing it snapped on to this He-Man's fist. I really hope it does fit in the budget

Just bought a blast cap gun with some blast cap rings just to relive that scent... Did I mention how much I freaking LOVE TP He-Man!?
    To me he was THE BEST FIGURE SHOWN!! hands down...

Rollio for thunderpuncholio
    Last edited by DO4M; July 28, 2011 at 09:30pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.