Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official MotUC Thunder Punch He-Man Thread

To me the awesomenes of Thunder Punch He-Man is the costume and, for me, a picture I saw, can't quite remember were I saw it, probably here, were He-Man has his arm in the air with a lightning bolt striking his fist powering the thunder punch. It is a sight to behold.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes

Sad stories all around here: in first grade I got He-Man and Battle Cat for Christmas and soon after lent them to a kid in class, who never gave them back. It wasn't until Thunder Punch came out that I had He-Man again, and as such I treasured him. I am so happy this one is coming out!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I had fond memories of this He-man. I'm glad to finally be seeing him in the classics line.

I hope the final version of him looks cool. Now bring on Dragon Blast Skeletor.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

If he does come with a closed hand and a cool energy thing to put over it, I'll be really excited for him!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm younger than your average MOTU fan as I was born the same year alongside it so I was hardcore into MOTU when Thunder Punch He-Man was out. Easily one of my favorite variants if not the favorite He-Man variant.

Here's 5 reasons why he's awesome...

1) Awesome new red and silver armor/logo/design.

2) Blasting caps means Thunder punches CRAKKK! other figures in their mouth.

3) Closed fist just hammmmmered other figures when I played MOTU as a kid. How is that not fun to use him as your standard He-Man, especially how He-Man punches the screen during the Filmation intro. That was my mentality as a kid while playing at least.

4) Awesome yellow/gold sword and shiny silver shield.

5) It's a power up. Look at it like when Mario gets a Fire Flower and changes into red and white clothing and can now throw fireballs... Power ups are awesome...

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...er_01_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...er_02_full.jpg
    If not for PD's SDCC walkthrough, this right here would've sold me outright. Very convincing argument for why Thunder Punch He-Man rules!! Me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    After watching Pixel Dan's SDCC Walkthrough with Toyguru my opinion on this figure has changed drastically.

The scuplted blasting caps weapon is such a great nod. That in itself has made this figure so much better. I would always take something like this over a scuplted dial.

Another Power Sword to the collection, which is a good thing because I really like the multi coloured swords. Thunder Punch He-Man's sword was always my favourite in the vintage line.

The best thing? If it gets costed out we may get our first energy/power bolt snap on. That is going to look so good seeing it snapped on to this He-Man's fist. I really hope it does fit in the budget
    That's the part that got me, right there. I have no nostalgic connection to the vintage figure whatsoever. I never had it. Seeing an incomplete version of it at SDCC sure did nothing for me. Now, however, after hearing that the backpack isn't finished and wasn't shown, the "cap" will be removable and able to go into both the shield and the backpack (or be thrown like a discus, awesome), he'll come with a closed fist and (HOPEFULLY) a punching energy effect...well, now I'm officially on the bandwagon. I'm definitely looking forward to this figure now. Can't wait to see the finished product!!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Shouldn't his harness and shield be vac metal though?

I'm amazed how many variants of He-Man MOTUC has convinced me to buy. I have them ALL so far and only intended to buy the main one. Thunder Punch He-Man is no exceptions. He looks awesome!

I subscribed for 2012 and this will be my first Classics He-Man(not counting Adam)

The translucent power sword is super and I am hella hoping we get an energy effect to place on his fist *fingers crossed*
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    If not for PD's SDCC walkthrough, this right here would've sold me outright. Very convincing argument for why Thunder Punch He-Man rules!! Me likey.
    You're welcome! I'm good at "selling" MOTUC figures to those who are questioning some of them. Any others you need "sold" to you?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Aw yeah, power up He-Man!!!
    See?! I told you Count Marzo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm younger than your average MOTU fan as I was born the same year alongside it so I was hardcore into MOTU when Thunder Punch He-Man was out. Easily one of my favorite variants if not the favorite He-Man variant.

Here's 5 reasons why he's awesome...

1) Awesome new red and silver armor/logo/design.

2) Blasting caps means Thunder punches CRAKKK! other figures in their mouth.

3) Closed fist just hammmmmered other figures when I played MOTU as a kid. How is that not fun to use him as your standard He-Man, especially how He-Man punches the screen during the Filmation intro. That was my mentality as a kid while playing at least.

4) Awesome yellow/gold sword and shiny silver shield.

5) It's a power up. Look at it like when Mario gets a Fire Flower and changes into red and white clothing and can now throw fireballs... Power ups are awesome...
    1) Ehhhh...

2) AGREED!

3) Closed fist made for weird looking poses with the sword and shield on the same arm.... Did NOT like that.

4) HATED the multi-colored swords in the 80's. (hate them NOW too for the most part) I wanted every 'replacement' He-man to have the same sword as the cartoon. Annoyed when i got stuck using the blue one or the pink one because something got misplaced.

5) HATE power-ups. First of all... He's 'the most powerful man in the universe' there is NO powerup to THAT. Secondly, if you have a more powerful form, that cheapens the 'standard iconic' look from the cartoon.

HATED BA he-man, did NOT like Thunder Punch he-man. At least he had a SORT of harness... but the 90 degree waist that he was stuck at made vehicles and posing problematic.

As a rule i wanted the 'REAL' He-man that was in the books and cartoon, etc... when he broke, I couldn't find a replacement, I got 'stuck' with the varients... at least BA and THunderpunch, I think those were the only ones i had..

Sooooo my nostalgia factor for this figure is tempered somewhat. however, I really do like the look of this toy. HATED the vintage one, but this one looks pretty neat.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Thunder Punch He-Man gets things done.

Nuff said.

Actually this is my #1 He-Man want! Heres a actual tragic story I dont tell too often, when I was little my Uncle gave me a Thunder Punch He-Man, I was I think 4 at the time? Very shortly after that he got murdered by a bunch a thugs, but that besides the point, the last memory I have of him is getting handed this figure (granted I still have the original) but yeah, this is my He-Man of choice for said reason
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Best He-man variant so far! loved the vintage - love the MOTUC!

We couldn't have asked for a better Thunder Punch He-man

I keep going back to look at whatever pictures I find for the Upcoming Thuder Punch He-man. I just think the update is so awesome. Anyone else agree?

ItLd be cool ifthe secret accessories were a pair of Mega-Punch gloves!

I think he looks awesome as well! There won't be any secret accessories with him they just weren't ready for SDCC but we should hopefully see them at Powercon next month with some other reveals!

Oddly enough, after BA He-Man & Skele i really wasn't looking forward to seeing other He-Man & Skele variants for a long time but after seeing TP He-Man my feelings are slowly changing. I do agree though that the update of TP He-Man is pretty cool.

Hopefully DB Skele will be the next Skele variant...

This is my most wanted He-man variant and I'm shocked and pleased to see him so soon.

I hope they get to include the fist energy burst TG discussed.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope he comes with a massive clear yellow "energy" fist with a lightning type trail behind it for a decent "Thunder Punch" action pose.

Thunder Punch He-Man actually is one of the 2011 figures I'm looking forward most, cause I always loved the old figure and cannot wait to use his thunder punch effect and the ring disc.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'm Super Excited about Thunder Punch He-Man!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    He is really, really cool looking.

IMO the only way he could be better is if he actually retained the action feature. In all other respects he is perfect.

And he will come with the first of the mini-comics, so that will be cool.

I hope Dragon Blaster Skeletor isn't far behind. That was probably my favorite Skeletor variant.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    He comes with a mini-comic... Is a good bonus for a variant.

Also the energy effect accesories are a cool adition.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I hope he comes with a massive clear yellow "energy" fist with a lightning type trail behind it for a decent "Thunder Punch" action pose.
    i second that

I honestly wasn't that excited for him unless they added some sort of energy punch, and since it sounds like that's what they're gona do, I am now very much looking forward to him! I'm so glad they decided to go out of thier way to make this more than just a standard variant.

Only other thing I would have liked is something else done with the sword. We have a clear yellow one with the TRU pack, so I was kinda hoping this one would be sparkly or have some neat lightning effects through the clear blade. Of course, the one we saw was very prototypical, so I guess I'm not saying I'm disappointed, but still hoping for something interesting with the sword.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I wasn't interested in any He-Man variants past Battle Armor, but when they revealed this guy at SDCC, I was blown away!

I actually like this guy better than BA He-Man.

I can't WAIT for him to drop!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz