Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holes in Swift Wind/Spirit's Sides

Heroic Warrior

Holes in Swift Wind/Spirit's Sides

So, it looks like from the reveals video with Toyguru and Pixel Dan that Swifty's wings are indeed removable. But that leaves gaping holes for Spirit in his side. Any chance that Matty is including something to fill those holes. And if not, can Spy Monkey help us?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I can't imagine that they haven't worked out a solution for the holes--especially given the She-Ra-1.0-head-problem. I imagine we'll get little plug-ins or something.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

....you've gotta be kidding me. Come on, is it really going to bother you that much? What's the toy called...? Swift Wind, right? Guys, if you want Swift Wind, you're going to need holes for the wings. If they glued them in place, you'd be complaining they could snap. I'd much rather something that thin be removable so it doesn't snap off!

Relax and enjoy the SWIFT WIND figure and don't worry about Spirit.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

I'm just gng to leave the wings in, armor on, etc... So the holes aren't gng to bother me, I'm stuck trying to find a place in my setup for Swifty and the Wind Raider as they are both big mamma jamma's
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

He did say that they now have a sculpt for a horse, and to expect a dozen or so more to come...we may just see a "Spirit" in the future, as we have with Cringer.

I'm pretty sure the holes in the Horse body are not a concern

It's also possible that the Swift Wind at the conn is not final product and the wings won't even be removable on the final.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    ....you've gotta be kidding me. Come on, is it really going to bother you that much? What's the toy called...? Swift Wind, right? Guys, if you want Swift Wind, you're going to need holes for the wings. If they glued them in place, you'd be complaining they could snap. I'd much rather something that thin be removable so it doesn't snap off!

Not necessarily complaining, just a little curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Methinks you know something we don't!
    Last edited by Skystalker; July 26, 2011 at 01:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    It's also possible that the Swift Wind at the conn is not final product and the wings won't even be removable on the final.
    Scott did sound pretty confident and was pretty clear that the wings "will" be removable. However, that was just a proto, and there is still time to make changes to the design.

Aint nuthin but some putty or gum won't fix...

Heroic Warrior
    Assuming they have a fix planned, I'll be buying an extra Swift Wind to be Spirit. Man, that's an awesome figure.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    But Spirit will be another release or the box will include all to get a Spirit? (plugs for the holes and the head piece)...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I'm just gng to leave the wings in, armor on, etc... So the holes aren't gng to bother me, I'm stuck trying to find a place in my setup for Swifty and the Wind Raider as they are both big mamma jamma's
    Yeah, for me that's the big concern, as well. The holes in Swifty are nothing compared with the problems of finding a hole in my display somewhere to put him in.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

White plugs for Swift Wind

Not sure if this was ever mentioned, but after watching PD's video and seeing how SW's wings are removable, I think if they can add in 2 white "buttons" to cover the wing holes, we could easily transform him into regular horse form. This would be a cheap way to have 2 figures in one!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Horse-Plugs for all!

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    What about a "Spirit Saddle" or somethin that covers them up??

Honestly, my Swift Wind is ALWAYS going to stay Swift Wind so I'm not concerned about removing everything to make him into "Spirit".
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Mattel wants you to buy the same figure twice, so they might just swap the wings for plugs in a later release and call it Spirit.

No, seriously. Many of us have thought of the plug solution so surely Mattel has too. Now will the final product include this very cheap solution, who knows?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Yeah, for me that's the big concern, as well. The holes in Swifty are nothing compared with the problems of finding a hole in my display somewhere to put him in.
    Indeed, but it is a good problem to have!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    armor that went over swifty with the wings attach could work but still wouldnt look right.
    but i dont care about the holes he still looks awesome. i say go forward. no change.

yeah I think the idea is to release Spirit to make more money from the buck, which I can't fault. I'll do support plugs for the holes and his head dress though in a future release of some kind!

I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't support this idea to be honest.

Though I'll be content with just Swiftwind, so long as all his pieces are removable. I'm sure I can come up with my own way to conceal the holes when I display him as Spirit. They just better make the saddle, neck piece, wings and mask all removable!
    Last edited by blackiecats; July 26, 2011 at 05:03pm.

I asked Eric Treadway at the booth, and he seemed fairly confidant that Spirit would be a separate release (though my statement of "But that's just a white horse" didn't seem to go over well. ).

But, really, people...don't we all think that the plug solution might look a little...unsightly?able![/QUOTE]

With Swiftwind's mane in perpetual wind-swept mode, I'm not seeing an add-in to the package to convert him to Spirit unless you can detach the mane and put a more tame 'do on him as well. I know Spirit runs and all, as well, so the wind-swept look could work, but Spirit is needed less for action that Swifty so I can't see them keeping the same mane for both horses. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it!
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post

Don't be surprised. I think it's because historically, fans are used to getting Swiftwind and Spirit in one figure, rather than buying two separate purchases.

Arrow
    Crystal Moonbeam
    Crystal Sundancer
    Swiftwind
    Crystal Swiftwind
    Royal Swiftwind
    Storm
    Silver Storm

All of those are winged Horses.

Spirit, Filmation Arrow and Teela's Pre-Filmation Golden Unicorn/Horse are the only normal horses. 10 horses in all.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Hoping that means they have also made non-winged sides for the horse buck and we get Filmation Arrow! . . .If they release a separate Sprit, he has to come with something really cool to get the masses to buy. . .maybe a Light Hope dio pack in?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Don't be surprised. I think it's because historically, fans are used to getting Swiftwind and Spirit in one figure, rather than buying two separate purchases.

Arrow
    Crystal Moonbeam
    Crystal Sundancer
    Swiftwind
    Crystal Swiftwind
    Royal Swiftwind
    Storm
    Silver Storm

All of those are winged Horses.

Spirit, Filmation Arrow and Teela's Pre-Filmation Golden Unicorn/Horse are the only normal horses. 10 horses in all.

And with that the DCUC on top of the computer room entertainment center get slated for retirement Oh, and I would not expect plugs or a regular Spirit, just my gut instinct.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.