Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Addresses Battleground Evil-Lyn and Sorceress Fan Requests

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Love the new Evil-Lyn. Saw it in person and she looks FIERCE.

The head without the helmet is straight out of 200X.

I'm a bit weary of the 200X fans acting like they don't see their wishes realized. We were talking about this at the con, because Fisto is so clearly a love letter to the 200X fans. As is Kobra Khan. And Carnivus. And Marzo. And Whiplash. And 2x King Grayskull. And the many many weapons and add-ins that are straight out of 200X.

I am a huge 200X fan. But I see that MOTUC is a new line. The longer it goes, the less it's strictly an homage line fueled by nostalgia. I like that

We may still get young Lyn with her 200X outfit and a tiara.

With regard to the Sorceress hand, I call foul.

Scott could totally override the decision not to use a spell casting hand. He's made decisions about design before.

I still think, if we are loud and numerous enough, we can get that spell casting hand.
    Great points, though i do doubt we have time to change the hand, but then again, they did say thunder punch HM had was going to change to a fist. So who knows.

for me the hand doesnt matter much to me, im fine either way
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    After reading Scott's response, I'd love to know the 4H's reasoning behind not sculpting a new tunic for Battleground Evil-Lyn when there was tooling dollars allotted for a new tunic.

I think she looks great as is, but I think it was obvious by the number of posts by the ones requesting for a 200X variant of Evil-Lyn that they had hopes for a non-Teela tunic right at the top of the list of changes done to make a 200X Evil-Lyn even more unique.
    I think it would be interesting to find out why the 4H didn't use the allotted tooling dollars for a new tunic to actually make a new tunic.

The head without the helmet is straight out of 200X.
    Didn't actually need or necessarily want this. For a 200x Evil Lyn it's the dress that would have got her out of Teela's wardrobe I'm interested. Not the extra head.

With regard to the Sorceress hand, I call foul. I still think, if we are loud and numerous enough, we can get that spell casting hand.
    Far less interested in this than I am the 200x dress for Evil Lyn. I hated the squishy hand on Catra. It feels like it will rip out when you turn it. The male figures who have open hands don't have this problem, so I don't know why the women have to. In any case, I'm not too fussed if the Sorceress ends up not having that particular issue. If they change it fine, if not that's fine too.

We should ask them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The figures shown at SDCC are final sculpts.
    Just curious, I wonder who is responsible for giving the official approval to send the final sculpts to production? Would someone not have to sign off on on a sculpt before it is sent into production?

It is innocent curiosity only. As a customer fairly new to this line, and my first SDCC reveals and subscription, it is interesting to know how the process works.

(I speak for myself only. IMO )

PS-MGM, where was this information originally posted or released? Thank you for reposting it here, but I would like to know if there is another place where TG is directly addressing the consumers?

I still think there is a chance it was New Head/cape vs new Tunic and they chose new head/cape? and there is also a new part of her staff we are suppose to be getting
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Just curious, I wonder who is responsible for giving the official approval to send the final sculpts to production? Would someone not have to sign off on on a sculpt before it is sent into production?

It is innocent curiosity only. As a customer fairly new to this line, and my first SDCC reveals and subscription, it is interesting to know how the process works.

(I speak for myself only. IMO )

PS-MGM, where was this information originally posted or released? Thank you for reposting it here, but I would like to know if there is another place where TG is directly addressing the consumers?
    Here you go. Mattycollector.com's forums.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...4591009607/p/1

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Here you go. Mattycollector.com's forums.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...4591009607/p/1
    Thank you so much!

Heroic Warrior
    I like BG Evil Lyn. I think she is a great looking figure, However I do not like Photog at all and I dont like Demo Man. But most of the other figures from SDCC look great IMO

I feel like the few people here. Although it would be great to have a spell casting hand for the Sorceress, I feel both her and BG Lynn look absolutely stunning. The colors on BG Lynn pop and even with the exact tunic from before, I had to look closely and make sure it WAS the same.

I understand everyones feelings and I am NOT sticking up for Mattel. I'm just happy to see these prototypes in advance to know what I will be getting. Remember back in the day when we would just see the back of cards and hope to see the figure acctually materialize. This is amazing!

At the end of the day, the customers can suggest, but not make the final decision on things. Mattel might have spent all the tooling on the Sorceress's wing set up. That's what I think.

As far as the colors on Sorceress' wings. I think that was a perfect decision and I am a huge filmation fan. The 4H want to input some of their own creative deigns and choices, i.e. Swiftwind's mask and chest armor piece, they are both not 100% accurate filmation, it's filmation will a flare of newness.

I'm sure down the road, Mattel will make the other 2 Lynns, filmation and
    200x. They as well as us, the consumer, want these and they want to sell as many characters as possible.

For the first time I honestly think that we as collectors of both MOTU, POP, NA AND 200X will get almost every character known and loved (not so much obscure ones that showed up in the tv shows for a few seconds).

Thank you, 4H, for such beautiful figures. Can't wait to see who's in store for us for the rest of 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Ionus View Post
    We should ask them I guess.
    i did not nothing back yet

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm fine with the colors.
    i would have liked an open hand for the sorceress.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The new Evil-lyn and Sorceress figures look awesome. They are fantastic. If you don't like them, don't buy them. Pass them on to somebody who actually appreciates these figures.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I think that BG Evil Lyn looks great in terms of the colours used and the new head, but at the same time I'm disappointed that they just re-used Teela's outfit. It's not only needlessly cheap, but it's simply not 200x Evil Lyn. I know it's too late to get it changed, but we must continue to lobby for a future version of her to get done properly. It's times like this that I wonder whether they purposely make questionable design decisions that they know will irritate a certain amount of fans just to have an excuse to sell us a "fixed" version of the same figure at some point...

Sometimes the 4H boggle my mind with their decisions. They could have given Evil-Lynn a different outfit but thought it wouldn't fit the classics? Skeletor and He-man wear different outfits so why can't Evil Lynn have a different one? Surely her skin changing colour makes less sense than her changing her outfit (not that I'm complaining as I prefer her white)
    Also, he '200X' outfit is very similar to the Faceless ones so if her outfit would not have suited classics, how come it's ok for Faceless one?
    People have been clamoring for a more 200X styled outfit for Evil-Lynn yet the 4H ignore it. Weird.

Sorceress doesn't need two hands for holding one weapon, surely a spell casting hand would have made sense. Such a shame.

Don't get me wrong, I like both figures. I just think they could both be that little bit better with some slight changes. Especially changing Sorceress hand to a spell casting one.
    Last edited by Rodster6; July 27, 2011 at 03:49pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Even if I didn't have the sub, I'd likely get the new Lynn, but mostly for the new head and cape (the latter is likely going on the regular Lynn). Other than that, it is pretty much just a repaint.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think BG Evil-Lyn looks great! I sure don't need a new 200x EL or a new Filmation accurate EL. I love the 200x series (miss the Stactions) and I love the look of the MOTUC figures that look like the vintage figure (I think Clawful's head is pretty cool) but I don't feel that everything needs to be cartoon accurate in either era! In fact when they get to more POP figures, I would like them made based off their old toy and not the Filmation cartoon! Only time will tell...
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

I do not like their decision to not give Evil-Lyn a different tunic. I call it a bad choice, a let down, and something they should regret. I don't think that's disrespectful, and I don't think I'm being a spoiled 200X fan to say so. I think it has more merit than demands for a new snake form for King Hsss honestly.

The only break I can cut here is that the Horsemen know what their limits are better than anyone, and if they said they couldn't envision something better, then there's not much for alternatives. I mean we might have more faith in what they could sculpt, but if the muse hasn't come then the artist is the only one who can speak to that. They are still the best sculptors for us to have working on the line. And I will hope that like the last Lyn, this one in hand is better than her parts in photos would suggest. But still...it's a shame.

With regard to the Sorceress hand, I respectfully ask that they reconsider.

Scott could totally override the decision not to use a spell casting hand. He's made decisions about design before. And if Scott claims no control, then perhaps we can all ask both Scott (again) and the 4H.

I still think, if we are loud and numerous enough, we can get that spell casting hand.
    After all, the original figure had it. This is not an unreasonable request.
    Could this be related to the soft-plastic problem? Could they not make it without casting something else for Sorceress in softer plastic? I don't like offering up excuses that even they didn't think of, but that's about the only one I'd grudgingly accept. Otherwise it's a bad choice I think.

Heroic Warrior
    BINGO we have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Yeah, let's not assume Scott is lying just because you don't like the figure or their choices for colors, costume, et. al.. At the end of the day, no one is holding guns to our heads and forcing us to buy figures or subscriptions. Don't like, then don't buy it or sell it once it arrives. Mattel is under no obligation to give us entirely new sculpted parts on any figure, and, in fact, we knew from the get go that parts reuse would be heavy with this line.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I have a genuine question for everyone that loves Battleground Evil-Lyn as is and feels she doesn't need any changing, and basically doesn't understand why people wanted her to have her MYP outfit:

If BG Evil-Lyn were revealed on the female 2.0 buck that all the new females use and had her MYP, two piece outfit...would you guys still have been happy, or would you guys (who currently say she needs no changing) be asking for Mattel to switch it for a repaint of the Teela 1.0 dress?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If BG Evil-Lyn were revealed on the female 2.0 buck that all the new females use and had her MYP, two piece outfit...would you guys still have been happy, or would you guys (who currently say she needs no changing) be asking for Mattel to switch it for a repaint of the Teela 1.0 dress?

Excellent point! Thank you!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

It's not being picky. I think people misunderstand.

The fans wanted 200X Evil-Lyn in particular because she doesn't wear the Teela leotard. That's the whole point of asking for that particular figure.™

And we aren't trying to get her changed. We know that isn't happening. What can happen is Toyguru saying that they could revisit Battleground Evil-Lyn sometime down the line with the desired change. I think that would be acceptable to the fans who never wanted another Teela leotard.

It's not hate. Battleground Evil-Lyn IS wonderful save her Teela torso, which this variant wasn't supposed to have.
    Please note, my responses are "Debate", not "Argument":

This variant isn't "supposed" to be a straght up 200X costumed, 200X hairstyle, 200X skin tone do-over in the Classics line. I can say that with confidence because they clearly went a different direction with it in some aspects of the design. What Mattel (4H, Scott, etc) intends this to be is an apparently NEW rendition of Evil Lyn with major aspects that fans were wanting-- the skin tone, the helmet-less head, etc. The figure sports a new bio with information we've never heard before (Son of Skeletor?!) and I believe it's intent is that it is Evil Lyn at a specific point in the future of the story.

Also, the leotard isn't the "whole point". The leotard was one aspect of that design that fans wanted. This brand new variant has many aspects that fans of the 200X version of Evil Lyn were wanting.

You and I agree more than disagree here, I think. I also made the point earlier that a 200X Variant of Evil Lyn should be pitched. Clearly, there are more than enough changes in the design to warrant a separate release.

When I made the comment about "particular" rather than "picky", I was also thinking of a debate on another thread where people are worked up because the Sorceress has colored feathers on the underside (front view) of her wings. That's picky. When I'm elated over a Queen Marlena that cannot sit down (among other things) but can look the other way, I see no reason why others can't do the same.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; July 27, 2011 at 06:04pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'd be totally fine with this BG EL fail, if I knew that a real 200x Evil-Lyn (or Teenage Rebel-Lyn or whatever they'll call her) is made. I love Evil-Lyn & don't mind lots of variants.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I have a genuine question for everyone that loves Battleground Evil-Lyn as is and feels she doesn't need any changing, and basically doesn't understand why people wanted her to have her MYP outfit:

To answer the question, I would be elated that they nailed the 200X costume to a tee. My point is that variant can be a separate variant, that's all.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    This variant isn't "supposed" to be a straght up 200X costumed, 200X hairstyle, 200X skin tone do-over in the Classics line.
    But what we were asking for was the costume especially!

What Mattel (4H, Scott, etc) intends this to be is an apparently NEW rendition of Evil Lyn with major aspects that fans were wanting
    ...and it is not. Itīs not a NEW rendition of Evil-Lyn, itīs a repainted rendition of Evil-Lyn, with unmajor aspects that far less fans wanted than the one thing fans wanted the most, and which they didnīt sculpt.

You and I agree more than disagree here, I think. I also made the point earlier that a 200X Variant of Evil Lyn should be pitched.
    This IS the 200x variant that was pitched! Thereīs no need in pitching it again, as I donīt see why the "design choices" for this particular figure should change in the future. So another 200x style Lyn would look the same and the 4HM would break their heads thinking about what particular accessory fans are asking for this time. They just donīt see the point, obviously, why we were asking for a 200x Lyn all this time.
    Itīs not about the head or the skin color. Itīs not about a powered up staff, a cloak or a spellcasting hand. Itīs about the outfit. No more, no less, no different. Anything else is a highly appreciated bonus. The icing on the cake. But this cake is 3 years old. Would you wanna eat 3 years old cake, even if the icing looks so delicious?

Clearly, there are more than enough changes in the design to warrant a separate release.
    Which is why this Evil-Ly... ah, nevermind. I am not going to repeat myself in one and the same posting.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!