Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Addresses Battleground Evil-Lyn and Sorceress Fan Requests

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I think that one of the inherent aspects in MOTUC style is about reuse of parts. We can suppose this is inherited from the vintage line as one of the design drivers/principles for the new line.

So, we may expect to see same parts in different figures quite often, and (this is just my opinion) it would make a lot of sense to expect this in a variant figure of a previously released character (BG Evil Lyn). If we were to expect unique designs, we would be pushing for a change in design drivers for MOTUC (more towards a 200X "uniqueness driver"). That's why I don't see BG E-L as a faulty design.

With respect to Sorceress' colours, why should MOTUC mimic exact color schemes from Filmation/MYP/Movie/Cartoon/any media? This line has always updated characters when they think is appropriate. Personally, I like the blue addition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post

This IS the 200x variant that was pitched! There´s no need in pitching it again, as I don´t see why the "design choices" for this particular figure should change in the future. So another 200x style Lyn would look the same and the 4HM would break their heads thinking about what particular accessory fans are asking for this time. They just don´t see the point, obviously, why we were asking for a 200x Lyn all this time.
    It´s not about the head or the skin color. It´s not about a powered up staff, a cloak or a spellcasting hand. It´s about the outfit. No more, no less, no different. Anything else is a highly appreciated bonus. The icing on the cake. But this cake is 3 years old. Would you wanna eat 3 years old cake, even if the icing looks so delicious?
    With respect to your opinion (and as a harmless debater on this issue), I would like to ask this: Do you think that if Mattel revealed an Evil Lyn figure with the same head as before, the same yellow skin color, same boots, gauntlets, and weapons, but changed the leotard to the 200X style... you and other fans would be "happy"?

Those "highly appreciated bonuses" would not be perceived as such. I'd bet my HOUSE that there would be outrage.

Your response indicates that it was almost entirely about the leotard, which is weird to me. When I saw this reveal, I thought she was a major surprise. I understand that you were expecting EXACTLY what you wanted, but can you choose to experience some joy in this new rendition of Evil Lyn? Mind you, this is being dubbed "Battleground"; it's Evil Lyn in the future...
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; July 27, 2011 at 06:24pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I still think, if we are loud and numerous enough, we can get that spell casting hand.

Am I the only one who likes the fact that she doesn't have a "spell casting hand"? I don't care for open hands on the figures at all.
    Who has the Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Merman's Head View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the fact that she doesn't have a "spell casting hand"? I don't care for open hands on the figures at all.
    Funny, most vintage MOTU had an open hand. MOTUC goes over-board with gripping hands (re: Sorceress).

Thankfully, they gave Stratos two open hands, at least!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I don't care at all for two closed hands on a figure, particularly a magician. Unstoppable force, meet immovable object!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    With regard to the Sorceress hand, I respectfully ask that they reconsider.

Scott could totally override the decision not to use a spell casting hand. He's made decisions about design before. And if Scott claims no control, then perhaps we can all ask both Scott (again) and the 4H.

I still think, if we are loud and numerous enough, we can get that spell casting hand.
    After all, the original figure had it. This is not an unreasonable request.

-------

Love the new Evil-Lyn. Saw it in person and she looks FIERCE.

The head without the helmet is straight out of 200X.

I'm a bit weary of the 200X fans acting like they don't see their wishes realized. We were talking about this at the con, because Fisto is so clearly a love letter to the 200X fans. As is Kobra Khan. And Carnivus. And Marzo. And Whiplash. And 2x King Grayskull. And the many many weapons and add-ins that are straight out of 200X.

I am a huge 200X fan. But I see that MOTUC is a new line. The longer it goes, the less it's strictly an homage line fueled by nostalgia. I like that

We may still get young Lyn with her 200X outfit and a tiara.
    Well said, I agree. I think this Evil-Lyn is great, and the 200x head is a nice inclusion on a figure I see as a different thing altogether...a new version of Evil-Lyn.
    I'm pretty sure they understand the interest in a full 200x version, and can possibly release one down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Funny, most vintage MOTU had an open hand. MOTUC goes over-board with gripping hands (re: Sorceress).

Thankfully, they gave Stratos two open hands, at least!
    Touche.

I just prefer to have a figure able to hold more weapons. Just personal preference I guess.
    Who has the Power?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Never saw the problem to begin with, these figures are just beautiful IMO.
    Agreed. That blue on the Sorceress is much, much more appealing than all-orange IMO.

Though now that I see the side-by-side, I totally see why an Evil Lyn re-sculpt would be completely awesome, too. I do think this is a huge improvement on the tunic of the first release, though.

Are people skipping over this part of Scott's statement:

"In regard specifically to BG Evil Lyn (who seems to have gotten the lion's share of change requests) let me see if I can clarify.

We actually costed out a new tunic outfit for her. It was the Horsemen who wanted from a design stand point (I presume to keep the "Classics look") to go with a repaint of the "Teela tunic". I've mentioned before, we don't art direct the Horsemen in this way. Her look is the artistic choice of the Horsemen."

The 4HM could have made the outfit fans requested, but decided to repaint an old Teela outfit. Mattel gave them enough money to do the accessories and make a new outfit.

It is as if people aren't reading the whole statement. I think most the fans would agree that Teela's outfit has been overused and ANY other outfit made for BG Evil Lyn would have been better then making the choice to not use the budget money allocated for her new outfit.

Changing Evil Lyn's clothes would not make her stick out like a sore thumb from the other Classics figures. That is absurd thinking. Her 200X outfit fits perfectly into the MOTUC line.

Hopefully Scott (ToyGuru) can tell us fans if this is the "200X" Evil Lyn figure and the only one they will release or if this is just BG Evil Lyn and 200X is still on the table.

By answering this question it would settle the nerves of those upset by thinking this is 200X Evil Lyn.

IMO this was probably 200X Evil lyn but due to the backlash of people being told they passed on the outfit while Mattel gave them the go ahead to do one.....Scott will probably state there could be a possibility for a 200X Evil Lyn down the road. I am not sure he will come out after all this blow up and admit that Battleground Evil Lyn IS as close as you will ever get to 200X Evil Lyn.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 27, 2011 at 07:42pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post

"In regard specifically to BG Evil Lyn (who seems to have gotten the lion's share of change requests) let me see if I can clarify.

We actually costed out a new tunic outfit for her. It was the Horsemen who wanted from a design stand point (I presume to keep the "Classics look") to go with a repaint of the "Teela tunic". I've mentioned before, we don't art direct the Horsemen in this way. Her look is the artistic choice of the Horsemen."

The 4HM could have made the outfit fans requested, but decided to repaint an old Teela outfit. Mattel gave them enough money to do the accessories and make a new outfit.

It is as if people aren't reading the whole statement. I think most the fans would agree that Teela's outfit has been overused and ANY other outfit made for BG Evil Lyn would have been better then making the choice to not use the budget money allocated for her new outfit.
    Nope. I commented on it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it was a Mattel cost cutting decision, but the 4H are made to take the blame. The 4H aren't going to come out and say otherwise while being employed by Mattel.

Battleground Evil-Lyn doesn't even have a NEW Teela Leotard where it's the same design, but now she can swivel her waist, so I don't think it was a design decision, it was a cost decision.

A new Teela leotard with a waist twist would have been reused multiple times in refreshing original Teela, original Evil-Lyn and The Goddess, maybe Illumina too.
    It's an artistic decision to use an outdated buck? That excuse could be credible if the Teela leotard had a new swivel waist, instead of making the 200X leotard, but they reused an old buck that does not have a swivel waist.

That's a cost cutting decision, not an artistic decision.
    Hopefully Scott (ToyGuru) can tell us fans if this is the "200X" Evil Lyn figure and the only one they will release or if this is just BG Evil Lyn and 200X is still on the table.

By answering this question it would settle the nerves of those upset by thinking this is 200X Evil Lyn.

IMO this was probably 200X Evil lyn but due to the backlash of people being told they passed on the outfit while Mattel gave them the go ahead to do one.....Scott will probably state there could be a possibility for a 200X Evil Lyn down the road. I am not sure he will come out after all this blow up and admit that Battleground Evil Lyn IS as close as you will ever get to 200X Evil Lyn.
    He probably will say it's not happening (like Mattel will never refresh another Evil-Lyn). It might sabotage sales of Battleground Evil-Lyn if fans knew a better version was coming eventually. Best to ask sometime AFTER November 2011 when Battleground Evil-Lyn has sold out.

In the meanwhile we can keep bringing up 200X Evil-Lyn threads and gathering support so that he and the 4H knows exactly what we want. It worked for King Hsss and She-Ra.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 27, 2011 at 07:51pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post

Changing Evil Lyn's clothes would not make her stick out like a sore thumb from the other Classics figures. That is absurd thinking. Her 200X outfit fits perfectly into the MOTUC line.

It just sounds like total BS to me.

Why would the 4H decide to disregard tooling budget and instead repaint the outfit? They know that a defining part of 200X Lyn is her outfit, THEY DESIGNED IT!

It was clearly a budget reason. It wouldn't surprise me if the 4H were given two bad budgeting cut choices by Mattel and they just took what they perceived as the lesser evil. Knowing Scott's history on passing the buck, it wouldn't surprise me if he is just spinning it. Naturally the 4H can't exactly come out and set the record straight because they are being employed by Mattel and that would be biting the hand that feeds them.

Seriously, would the people who have a history of sculpting stuff like this, this and this just out of the blue decide to make stuff like like these all on their own?

Sorry but it doesn't add up. The Stactions are more indicative of the 4H 'traditional' style of work:

Last edited by kup; July 27, 2011 at 08:53pm.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    This is kind of what I was hoping for. It's a shame we're getting Teela's skirt yet again.

Last edited by Battle_Brak; July 27, 2011 at 10:00pm.

Exactly how is this a "controversy" that needs to posted on the front page as news?

Most figure reveals usually have some debate about decisions made in either the sculpt or color choices. Also, I know that when a particular decision is something we personally disagree with it can be tempting to start making statements for the "Fans", however it shouldn't be framed as if the dissenters of a particular decision speak for everyone enjoying MOTUC. Especially when it comes to accusations of lying or making statements that the design decisions made are mistakes just because you don't personally agree with them. It's perfectly acceptable to disagree with a decision made by Mattel or the 4H and respectfully state it here on the boards for discussion, but this kind of inflammatory rhetoric isn't helpful or productive.

As for the choices made in regards to these two figures, I actually like both. While I wasn't really hoping for an Evil-Lyn variant in MOTUC I'm fine with the decision to use the same armor as her first release. With the new color palette, accessories, and alternate head she has enough new elements to add to my collection. I can understand if the 4H wanted to retain the use of her classic tunic as this is a variant of the MOTUC Evil-Lyn named "Battleground Evil-Lyn" not a straight reuse of her 2K design. The Sorceress looks amazing, and while I don't know the source for the decision to add the blue to her wings, I really love it!

I understand if hardcore fans of a particular media source want to see a 100% accurate representation of those figures, but MOTUC has it's own identity and I personally hope Mattel and the 4H continue to attempt to blend 2K, Filmation, POP, and other sources for figure choices into one cohesive line inspired by the classic figures and boxart.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Why would the 4H decide to disregard tooling budget and instead repaint the outfit? They know that an defining part of 200X Lyn is her outfit, THEY DESIGNED IT!

It was clearly a budget reason. It wouldn't surprise me if the 4H were given two bad budgeting choices by Mattel and they just took what they perceived as the lesser evil. Knowing Scott's history on passing the buck, it wouldn't surprise me if he is just spinning it. Naturally the 4H can't exactly come out and set the record straight because they are being employed by Mattel and that would be biting the hand that feeds them.

Seriously, would the people who have a history of sculpting stuff like this, this and this just out of the blue decide to make stuff like like these all on their own?

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content...uc_clawful.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c_MaBzzRV2.../grizzlor6.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/357j5zm.jpg

Sorry but it doesn't add up. The Stactions are more indicative of the 4H 'traditional' style of work:

http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0406_motu5.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...pout_Front.jpg

I guess Im crazy, but i just got my clawful, and i LOVE him! and Grizzlor was great too and I cant wait for Leech, but we all have our likes and dislikes
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Why would the 4H decide to disregard tooling budget and instead repaint the outfit? They know that an defining part of 200X Lyn is her outfit, THEY DESIGNED IT!

It was clearly a budget reason. It wouldn't surprise me if the 4H were given two bad budgeting choices by Mattel and they just took what they perceived as the lesser evil. Knowing Scott's history on passing the buck, it wouldn't surprise me if he is just spinning it. Naturally the 4H can't exactly come out and set the record straight because they are being employed by Mattel and that would be biting the hand that feeds them.

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content...uc_clawful.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c_MaBzzRV2.../grizzlor6.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/357j5zm.jpg

http://www.toymania.com/news/images/0406_motu5.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...pout_Front.jpg
    i'm with you man! i just about gave up on MOTUC after getting clawful buzz off,grizzlor and king hisss

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    NOPE!!!!

you are CERTAINLY not alone. As a rule, I HATE Spellcasting hands. I also hate the open male hands... but at least there seem to be SOME weapons that fit in them.

open hands are useless. they look odd when mixed with a 'holding hand'. If ANYTHING, Sorceress should PROBABLY had two spellcasting hands... as that's how her transformation and blasting was usually done... and I never cared for her staff.. but if I have to choose between Useful hands that hand over power swords and stuff, or a mix/match open useless hand... I want figures that can actually DO stuff.

This also applies to characters like thunderpunch he-man. The standard hand looks like a fist. There's no need to close it off and make it useless. LOVED that he-man came with two weapon hands.. I'd hoped the open hands had finally died.

As for BG EL... I don't really have an opinion about her. To be honest, I don't see the big deal. It's a line that's based on reused parts... How many times does that TG have to make statements like '200x style is retired' and 'This is what the 200x part would have looked like in the classics style' before we stop being surprised by stuff like this...

with the removable dresses, theres no reason NOT to give her something unique... but I didn't really expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I guess Im crazy, but i just got my clawful, and i LOVE him! and Grizzlor was great too and I cant wait for Leech, but we all have our likes and dislikes
    What I am pointing out is not just 'likes' or 'dislikes' - It's inconsistency.

The Four Horsemen have a very defined style which can be seen in their non MOTU figures, 200X figures and even several of their MOTUC figures. However the more "controversial" 'copy&paste' vintage designs do not follow that same style at all and they seriously stand out.

These goofy vintage designs almost seem as if the 4H did not do them at all, almost as if another party was 'guiding' how the sculpts should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Exactly how is this a "controversy" that needs to posted on the front page as news?
    Because it is news to 200X and Filmation fans.

Most figure reveals usually have some debate about decisions made in either the sculpt or color choices. Also, I know that when a particular decision is something we personally disagree with it can be tempting to start making statements for the "Fans", however it shouldn't be framed as if the dissenters of a particular decision speak for everyone enjoying MOTUC. Especially when it comes to accusations of lying or making statements that the design decisions made are mistakes just because you don't personally agree with them. It's perfectly acceptable to disagree with a decision made by Mattel or the 4H and respectfully state it here on the boards for discussion, but this kind of inflammatory rhetoric isn't helpful or productive.
    Who is speaking for everyone?

As for the choices made in regards to these two figures, I actually like both. While I wasn't really hoping for an Evil-Lyn variant in MOTUC I'm fine with the decision to use the same armor as her first release. With the new color palette, accessories, and alternate head she has enough new elements to add to my collection. I can understand if the 4H wanted to retain the use of her classic tunic as this is a variant of the MOTUC Evil-Lyn named "Battleground Evil-Lyn" not a straight reuse of her 2K design. The Sorceress looks amazing, and while I don't know the source for the decision to add the blue to her wings, I really love it!

I understand if hardcore fans of a particular media source want to see a 100% accurate representation of those figures, but MOTUC has it's own identity and I personally hope Mattel and the 4H continue to attempt to blend 2K, Filmation, POP, and other sources for figure choices into one cohesive line inspired by the classic figures and boxart.
    The fans who didn't like Vintage Evil-Lyn because she was a Teela repaint, wanted the 200X variant of Lyn because she was not a vintage repaint and had her own dress. Everything else is fine on her except the dress.

The fans who didn't like Vintage Evil-Lyn because she was a Teela repaint aren't after an 100% 200X look. They aren't after Mattel to change anything for this upcoming figure.

Those particular fans do want is for Mattel to know that they goofed up on the figure that those fans specifically asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    As for BG EL... I don't really have an opinion about her. To be honest, I don't see the big deal. It's a line that's based on reused parts... How many times does that TG have to make statements like '200x style is retired' and 'This is what the 200x part would have looked like in the classics style' before we stop being surprised by stuff like this...
    Toyguru did state at the front of this thread that money was allocated for a new tunic, so there's no "200X is retired" talk here. According to Toyguru, Mattel was willing to have the tooling done, but the 4H decided to reuse the obsolete Teela buck and dress that doesn't twist.

Not make a NEW Teela dress that allows for a twist, like they will eventually have to make. They used the old buck.

What kind of sense does that make besides a cost cutting manuever?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 27, 2011 at 09:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post

agreed.

Because it is news to 200X and Filmation fans.

Who is speaking for everyone?
    Sorry MegaGearMax but he is right. The 'news' story you posted was fine but the editorial you posted in your own words was a bit much and one sided. It sort of paints the whole situation as if ALL MOTUC fans are upset which is just not true.

Even if it is not speaking for all fans it is at least skewing people to one side of the argument(not controversy) BEFORE they even get to the thread. It is like asking someone if they liked DELICIOUS product A or HORRIBLE tasting product B better.

I know it can be tough when posting a news story that you obviously have strong emotions about but just posting what Toyguru said with a link to the threads to discuss would have been enough without lacing the editorial with your own views and bias.
    Last edited by King Kahn; July 27, 2011 at 09:29pm.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Sorry MegaGearMax but he is right. The 'news' story you posted was fine but the editorial you posted in your own words was a bit much and one sided. It sort of paints the whole situation as if ALL MOTUC fans are upset which is just not true.
    I went back and fixed it.

Even if it is not speaking for all fans it is at least skewing people to one side of the argument(not controversy) BEFORE they even get to the thread. It is like asking someone if they liked DELICIOUS product A or HORRIBLE tasting product B better.

I know it can be tough when posting a news story that you obviously have strong emotions about but just posting what Toyguru said with a link to the threads to discuss would have been enough without lacing the editorial with your own views and bias.
    I thought I was letting people know what the criticisms were.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 27, 2011 at 10:07pm.

There is a fake 'controversy' being presented on here. The business about the Sorceress' wings is barely even being debated, with only a very small handful of people wanting it all orange, and the vast majority saying "She's perfect as is".

As for the open hand--it would be nice for posing her, and she could still hold her staff 2-handed that way...but it's hardly a dealbreaker.

I'm leaning in the direction of making a protected thread for fans who would want to support Battleground Evil-Lyn 2.0. This is my formal request to the mods before I can do so. Since the fans who are satisfied with Evil-Lyn's parts reuse don't understand the fans who didn't like Vintage Evil-Lyn because she was a Teela repaint and want Mattel to make another version down the line, this discussion is going nowhere. So I'll open the discussion to supportive parties only and the .org can go back to purely positive talk about the new figures. All Battleground Evil-Lyn redo talk can get moved to that particular thread.

I encourage other fans with problems to do the same so that there are no more arguments around here.

If I have the permission, then I will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    open hands are useless. they look odd when mixed with a 'holding hand'. If ANYTHING, Sorceress should PROBABLY had two spellcasting hands... as that's how her transformation and blasting was usually done... and I never cared for her staff.. but if I have to choose between Useful hands that hand over power swords and stuff, or a mix/match open useless hand... I want figures that can actually DO stuff.
    No they are not useless!
    Seriously, it's really better to give everyone an option here, and lots of us would rather pose the characters and have more options than just sticking accessories into their hands. In some cases, the stubby fists just look dinky (He-Ro!), and on someone like the Sorceress, this just looks wrong. BTW, I want figures that can DO stuff too, but I don't only count holding things. Compromise is better.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 27, 2011 at 10:37pm.

The fans who didn't like Vintage Evil-Lyn because she was a Teela repaint, wanted the 200X variant of Lyn because she was not a vintage repaint and had her own dress. Everything else is fine on her except the dress.
    Might I suggest phrasing things like this as "some fans" or "certain fans" rather than "THE fans?" It's using phrases like "THE fans" that makes it seem like you're attempting to speak for a larger group of people than you really are.

For the record, my wife wanted a 200x-style Evil Lyn, NOT because of the re-use, but colours. She's one of "THE" fans, but she only wanted an Evil Lyn without yellow skin and with something akin to the 2002 colour scheme. She's quite thrilled with the Battleground EL figure.
    So... there's those fans too.

No they are not. They are great for posing and cutting down on the stupid open fist look. The Sorceress having one holding hand for her staff makes sense, but the other should be open for the sake of her magic casing, particularly since she does not have another weapon to hold and doesn't need to hold one all the time anyway even if she did have another accessory. I want figures that can DO stuff too, but they haven't invented tiny AI chips yet. Compromise is better, and asking for one open hand isn't going to kill anyone so long as there is a one closed/holding hand as well. Geesh.
    Someone's going to be unhappy in the end. Some fans would like Sorceress to be capable of 'casting spells' -- and some fans would like Sorceress to be capable of being posed holding her staff in two hands. They're mutually exclusive. So there's no "compromise" to be had, as one person getting what they want negates the other person from getting what they want.

Not being argumentative, just pointing out that it's not a situation where either side is just being inflexible. It's just really not something some fans are going to be able to find middle ground on. Not that it matters.
    Last edited by KnightDamien; July 27, 2011 at 10:19pm.

I think it is great we have vintage inspired figures. However they should be inspired not the same exact goofy look to them. Back when these figures were made, there wasn't a lot of choice for how detailed a figure could be. However we now have the technology to do this.

If MOTUC wants to stay on top, they need to stop making goofy figures that look like they were designed in the 80's. Such as Leech, Clawful, Buzz Off and King Hsss. All of these figures could have been done more like Whiplash. You can pay respect to the vintage figure while using more modern and detailed sculpts.

The figures mentioned above stand out compared to the great sculpts we have seen in MOTUC.

I know Scott (TG) said 200X is out after Whiplash and that it was their fault in making an alternate head that was more 200X styled. In the Pixel Dan Interview he specifically states we will not be seeing the design like Whiplash had, specifically just sticking to the old vintage figures. Were the designs for these figures in the 80's as undetailed and goofy as the figure itself turned out to be?

I doubt it, this line started out great and a lot of figures are turning out great, but then you have strange IMO too much like the original face sculpts for Grizzlor, Clawful, the terrible snake body of King Hss and Buzz Off's lack detail and design.

I hope we aren't going to go down the road of because we want to represent the vintage look we lose detail and the quality to expect from a toy line in this decade.

Some of the sculpts revealed have that detail we love, and when they are released Clawful and some others are going to more obviously out of place then they are right now.

I also thought all females made after Catra (with exception of Marlena) would be using the new female buck. So was this another lie when Battleground Evil Lyn was sculpted and created?

The new tunic would have allowed her to use the new female buck and also more articulation while providing a new outfit, one that hasn't been overused so often.

The POP girls are great, unique. However with the exception of BG Teela, all the female He-man figures all wear the same outfit. I am not including the new releases of Sorceress or Marlena. BG Evil Lyn is well after Catra, so her buck should be the new buck promised to be used on all future females.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDamien View Post
    Might I suggest phrasing things like this as "some fans" or "certain fans" rather than "THE fans?" It's using phrases like "THE fans" that makes it seem like you're attempting to speak for a larger group of people than you really are.

For the record, my wife wanted a 200x-style Evil Lyn, NOT because of the re-use, but colours. She's one of "THE" fans, but she only wanted an Evil Lyn without yellow skin and with something akin to the 2002 colour scheme. She's quite thrilled with the Battleground EL figure.
    So... there's those fans too.

Someone's going to be unhappy in the end. Some fans would like Sorceress to be capable of 'casting spells' -- and some fans would like Sorceress to be capable of being posed holding her staff in two hands. They're mutually exclusive. So there's no "compromise" to be had, as one person getting what they want negates the other person from getting what they want.

Not being argumentative, just pointing out that it's not a situation where either side is just being inflexible. It's just really not something some fans are going to be able to find middle ground on. Not that it matters.

Are you not reading the sentence. it says "The fans who didn't like Vintage Evil-Lyn because she was a Teela repaint"

This is not including all the fans of MOTUC, unless all the fans DIDN'T like Vintage Evil-Lyn.

I understand this perfectly, it is saying the fans who didn't like something....if you take this as including all fans that is a bad mistake on your part.

It doesn't need to be changed, it is specifically identifying the fans who didn't like the vintage Evil-Lyn because she was a Teela repaint.

Now if it said the fans didn't like the vintage Evil-lyn because she was a Teela repaint....I could see how you feel it should be re-worded.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 27, 2011 at 10:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost