Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn Thread

lol yup! Evil-lyn needs some love

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So to recap the first page (as this seems to be the default BGEL news dump), this is my proposal for a new Evil-Lyn variant down the line:

THIS Evil-Lyn. This is the time where she teamed up with Rattlor and Kobra Khan to get Zodak's staff to free King Hsss. In canon with the bios and well known to fans.

I propose that this "Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn" is similar to She-Ra 2.0, a totally optional non-sub figure where getting both versions makes the ULTIMATE 200X Evil-Lyn figure. Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn would be the exact same figure as Battleground Evil-Lyn 1.0, but would have these differences:

• Removable Snow Cloak (instead of Filmation Cloak)
    • Snow Cloak Hood alternate head (instead of Unhelmeted Head)
    • 200X PURPLE leotard and skirt with waist swivel which matches the Faceless One (instead of the Teela leotard parts re-use) like the picture below:

• Optional Accessories: MVC's Shard of Darkness instead of Knife

Otherwise it could come with the same helmeted Evil-Lyn head, same knife and same staff. To get her unhelmeted head, fans would still need to get Battleground Evil-Lyn.

This future variant preserves all the good stuff that Battleground Evil-Lyn brought to the table while bringing us something new (and in CANON) to the table. Instead of fighting the fans of Battleground Evil-Lyn, Toyguru and the Four Horsemen, why not create an optional non-sub variant that works along with them?

So I open this up for discussion among ALL fans. No vitriol, no name calling or bad blood between warring .org factions here. Battleground Lyn is here to stay and we don't want to change that. This is a look to the future.

Discuss.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

can we get some flocking on the white bits of her cloak?

as long as it is outside of the sub, then i'm ok with it (i'd most likely get one... but if she had some unique awesome accessory, like grayskull's orb, then i'd buy a second to open... didn't evillyn come across a lot of awesome artifacts?).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I propose that this "Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn" is similar to She-Ra 2.0, a totally optional non-sub figure where getting both versions makes the ULTIMATE 200X Evil-Lyn figure. Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn would be the exact same figure as Battleground Evil-Lyn 1.0, but would have these differences:

• Removable Snow Cloak (instead of Filmation Cloak)
    • Snow Cloak Hood alternate head (instead of Unhelmeted Head)
    • 200X PURPLE leotard and skirt with waist swivel which matches the Faceless One (instead of the Teela leotard parts re-use) like the picture below:
    As long as she's not in that cursed Teela dress.

I'd deal with it if she were a non sub item, but I believe she should be a sub figure. I shouldn't have to fight to get a non sub figure when I've got a sub. That's just stupid in my opinion.

Also, if I'm having to pay for the cheap repaint version we're getting in November, and Vintage Dial Hordak, why not let other fans pay for another Evil Lyn variant?

This future variant preserves all the good stuff that Battleground Evil-Lyn brought to the table
    Other than not being yellow, I don't see where she brought anything good to the table at all.

Nothing. At all. I see a purple Teela repaint that shouldn't exist.

• Optional Accessories: MVC's Shard of Darkness instead of Knife
    That's pretty much a must. The knife was sort of neat, but it's ultimately a waste of plastic. I never display my Evil Lyn with the knife.

Again, I have to say I LOVE MGM's idea! Want it!

I do quite like BGEL as well.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil-Lyn looks so damn cute with that cloak on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'd deal with it if she were a non sub item, but I believe she should be a sub figure. I shouldn't have to fight to get a non sub figure when I've got a sub. That's just stupid in my opinion.

Also, if I'm having to pay for the cheap repaint version we're getting in November, and Vintage Dial Hordak, why not let other fans pay for another Evil Lyn variant?
    I feel where you're coming from. However, the idea is to make Snake Alliance Evil-Lyn an attractive figure for Mattel to make and easily given to us. A non-sub figure doesn't have to be slotted in. As soon as it's ready, Mattel can throw it up on Matty.

Also, you have to take into account that not everyone hates BGEL. That's probably She-Ra 2.0 is a non-sub figure--you have fans who are satisfied with the first She-Ra. The same with BGEL. WE think BGEL is wrong, but there are fans who like what Mattel has offered and would be upset about giving a slot to the new improved version.

Other than not being yellow, I don't see where she brought anything good to the table at all.

Nothing. At all. I see a purple Teela repaint that shouldn't exist.
    BGEL has an unhelmeted Evil-Lyn head. That's a major accessory for a 200X Lyn and one less accessory for Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn to have. As you've noted, the knife is also another accessory that this new Lyn doesn't need to have since BGEL already comes with one.

We take advantage of this BGEL to give fans even more of a reason to buy Snake Alliance Evil-Lyn. The idea is not to replace BGEL, but to use that release to add onto this one so that fans can get the ultimate 200X Evil-Lyn figure.

A non-sub figure doesn't have to be slotted in. As soon as it's ready, Mattel can throw it up on Matty.
    That's the only reason I said I'd deal with it. But, if it's going to be two or three more years, forget that. She needs to be a sub figure. End of story.

Also, you have to take into account that not everyone hates BGEL. WE think BGEL is wrong, but there are fans who like what Mattel has offered and would be upset about giving a slot to the new improved version.
    By the same token, if you have the sub, you're all in no matter what, variants and all. My problem with BG Evil Lyn is that she's not the 200x version. She's just a repaint, and the variants in the sub were not supposed to be repaints.

A 200x Evil Lyn would have new tooling and be perfectly acceptable for the sub. This figure should have been a non sub item.

That's probably She-Ra 2.0 is a non-sub figure--you have fans who are satisfied with the first She-Ra.
    That one confuses me. New tooling, new accessories, new buck, new weapons, and a new head. She-Ra 2.0 should have been a sub figure.

The idea is not to replace BGEL
    That's probably where you and I differ my friend. I'm okay with this version rendered completely obsolete and made utterly pointless. It never should have been made in the first place. The Facebook statement basically said this version is a placeholder for a new improved Lyn later on utilizing the 2.0 buck.

They should have just waited. I don't want or need lots of variants. I do like good variants. This is not one of them. We have vintage inspired yellow Teela EL, the only other Evil Lyn variant that was necessary was a true 200x version. Now Mattel gets to charge us for a third because they screwed up intentionally on this one with the intent to make another version later as stated by them in the Facebook statement. The correct thing to do was to wait, and skip the weird non vintage/non-200x ground this figure straddles.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 29, 2011 at 10:24am.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm all for it, as long as the cape truly is fully removable as the end result
    like MGM suggests so we can have the accurate 200x Evil-Lyn with
    her own suit with the bones like the Faceless One and along with
    her spiked tiara, new boots, bracelets, shinguard's and all
    and not another repaint of the Teela suit.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Ah, the awesomeness
    <3 <3 <3
    Positivity, folks!
    Let΄s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    That one confuses me. New tooling, new accessories, new buck, new weapons, and a new head. She-Ra 2.0 should have been a sub figure.
    I think the problem was that it was She-Ra 2.0. You have fans who already have She-Ra and won't want to pay for her twice.

That's probably where you and I differ my friend. I'm okay with this version rendered completely obsolete and made utterly pointless. It never should have been made in the first place. The Facebook statement basically said this version is a placeholder for a new improved Lyn later on utilizing the 2.0 buck.
    The idea is to make this figure attractive for Mattel to make. The underlying idea is for us to take Battleground Evil-Lyn's heads and put them on this version. Yes, it does make BGEL useless, depending on the particular fan.

They should have just waited. I don't want or need lots of variants. I do like good variants. This is not one of them. We have vintage inspired yellow Teela EL, the only other Evil Lyn variant that was necessary was a true 200x version. Now Mattel gets to charge us for a third because they screwed up intentionally on this one with the intent to make another version later as stated by them in the Facebook statement. The correct thing to do was to wait, and skip the weird non vintage/non-200x ground this figure straddles.
    I know.

I think the problem was that it was She-Ra 2.0. You have fans who already have She-Ra and won't want to pay for her twice.
    I already have this exact same version of Evil Lyn in yellow. I prefer the purple and pale skin color scheme 100%, but my main problem is that even the yellow Evil Lyn is a Teela repaint because she's wearing Teela's dress.

She-Ra 2.0 has new tooling. She has new arm guards, and boots, correct? She also has a new head, a new sword, and she utilizes a new buck.

Fans who have a sub have no choice who they pay for. However, She-Ra 2.0 is not a repaint. She's a completely new version of an existing figure.

BG "Evil Lyn" is a repaint. That's far more egregious than making us pay for a She-Ra that has new tooling, more detail, and a new buck.

New version of a character vs cheap crappy repaint. I'll take the new version every time.

I guess this thread is going in the Support Area with the others...

I only just found this thread...

MGM, your "Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn" proposal is PERFECT!

You've seen what is lacking, and come up with a very sensible and feasible solution, where the majority win.

"SMA Evil-Lyn" has my full support.

I always thought that look was cool. Bring it!!

Thanks for the support guys! I hope Mattel and the 4H take notice of this thread so that we can have a Evil-Lyn 3.0 in 2014!

me to man!

Another thought: Coulnd΄t she be the older version and now Queen of Zalesia?

Like her father she is now wearing the official ruler outfit or something like that.

Maybe even a second head with the small tiara for "official" reasons now wearing her hair a bit longer?

I know it΄s s stretch since she had that when she was younger but any reason would help to get what everyone seems to want and if not everyone, a lot of people at least, me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Another thought: Coulnd΄t she be the older version and now Queen of Zalesia?

Like her father she is now wearing the official ruler outfit or something like that.

Maybe even a second head with the small tiara for "official" reasons now wearing her hair a bit longer?

I know it΄s s stretch since she had that when she was younger but any reason would help to get what everyone seems to want and if not everyone, a lot of people at least, me included.
    no that look would be Sultry Evil-Lyn

it's pretty awesome, but 2 heads, cloak, and new sculpt? plus at least one weapon. unlikely this would ever be made.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    it's pretty awesome, but 2 heads, cloak, and new sculpt? plus at least one weapon. unlikely this would ever be made.
    It has LESS tooling than She-Ra 2.0, who had a new tunic, 2 new weapons, New head, new mask, new arms, boots and a new dress with waist twist.

Snake Alliance Evil-Lyn would have a snow cape, new head for use with that cape, new dress with waist twist and possibly the Shard of Darkness.

4 newly tooled things versus 10 newly tooled things. It's very possible.

I've just heard about this thread. All I can say is great idea, now get over to Variant Idol and vote for her!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Roast Gooble Dinner 63 has some very encouraging news about future Evil-Lyn variants!

Hopefully, this variant will be one of the ones we might see in the future!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I would definitely like to see this done. Not before young teenage EL, though. SMA EL seems too close to BGEL, don't ya think? She just came out.

I'd also like to see what it would look like if EL got changed into her snake version.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Mods, could you change the title to "The Official Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread"?

Congratulations to Geldor for winning the fan vote!

Although Geldor is coming out first, I hope that Mattel decides on releasing Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn as a traveling exclusive or a non-sub figure.