Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's okay! At least it's not off the table, like some of us feared.

Some of the haters would say stuff like "Stop your whining. This IS your 200X Evil-Lyn. Deal with it." or some mess like that.

Now all we have to do is gather some support for Snake Men Alliance Evil-Lyn before 2013 is plotted out. Maybe we can get a new version for that year.
    i hope we can

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Toyguru has answered that we could see another Lyn in the future.
    That's the best news to come out of SDCC so far.

We can confirm their is not a new Evil Lyn in 2012.
    That sucks. Truly awful and a real slap in the face after the yellow piece of garbage we got and the new repainted Teela they're once again calling Evil Lyn.

Especially after Eric Treadway completely screwed up and failed pathetically on the snake torso for King Hsss.

My most wanted character in this line were 200x Evil Lyn, Leech, Sorceress, and a decent snake torso for King Hsss.

So far I'm 2 for 2. Leech and the Sorceress look darn near perfect. Evil Lyn and King Hsss keep getting screwed over by the 4H and Mattel.

Bring on 2013 I guess.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    That sucks. Truly awful and a real slap in the face after the yellow piece of garbage we got and the new repainted Teela they're once again calling Evil Lyn.

Especially after Eric Treadway completely screwed up and failed pathetically on the snake torso for King Hsss.

My most wanted character in this line were 200x Evil Lyn, Leech, Sorceress, and a decent snake torso for King Hsss.

So far I'm 2 for 2. Leech and the Sorceress look darn near perfect. Evil Lyn and King Hsss keep getting screwed over by the 4H and Mattel.

Bring on 2013 I guess.
    I expected as much. Mattel thought this Evil-Lyn was going to fly. All this shows is that there is a disconnect from what Mattel reads on the forums to the discussions with the 4H.

In the future, we have to be pretty explicit in describing exactly what we want, so that they get it right on the first try.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

In the future, we have to be pretty explicit in describing exactly what we want, so that they get it right on the first try.
    We were very specific. If they had been on the internet in any Evil Lyn thread, it was always there from day one. So much so we had statements from Toyguru that Evil Lyn would be more than a straight repaint.

This one is entirely on the 4H. I'm not mad at Mattel over this one in the slightest. Maybe Toyguru for not standing up to the 4H and insisting they correct what was an obvious wrong decision by the 4H. They did that in spite of the very vocal 200x Evil Lyn fans not wanting to pay for the Teela outfit a fourth time.

The only thing I don't know is if it was laziness, a rush job, or stubborn tone deafness.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    The only thing I don't know is if it was laziness, a rush job, or stubborn tone deafness.
    The colour scheme SCREAMS "tone-deafness". If it was a case of laziness or lack of time to sculpt, they'd STILL need to spend just as long laying out the paint. The fact that they even got that wrong tells me that there was serious wrong-headedness involved.

Two shades of purple, bone-white and gold. Instead, they did black, one shade of purple, PINK, and silver. Same number of colours, only one in common.

Do they not like MYP or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The colour scheme SCREAMS "tone-deafness". If it was a case of laziness or lack of time to sculpt, they'd STILL need to spend just as long laying out the paint. The fact that they even got that wrong tells me that there was serious wrong-headedness involved.

The fact that the two Evil Lyn figures we've gotten so far have been cheap repaints have me wondering.

This decision just fails on a very fundamental level. The entire point of an Evil Lyn variant was for it not to be a repaint wearing Teela's dress.

It's just so disgusting.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 14, 2011 at 01:19pm.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...GLynMYPLyn.jpg

Two shades of purple, bone-white and gold. Instead, they did black, one shade of purple, PINK, and silver. Same number of colours, only one in common.

Reboot, isn't that paint scheme based on the Staction?

Reboot, isn't that paint scheme based on the Staction?
    And who did the paint layout for the staction, huh? Still them ignoring MYP.

[And it still takes just as much work to take the paint scheme from the staction as it would from MYP]

she looks so cool in MYP poor Evil-Lyn

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Reboot, I think she's supposed to be toy colours mixed with Staction colours:

I personally think the colours are fine. I would have preferred the light purple/lavender colour instead of the raspberry-like colour though. I hate the bronze colour though. I repainted all the bronze details silver on my Staction and it looks 1000 times better (in my opinion). So, I'm extremely happy the bronze was left off.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 15, 2011 at 01:25pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

From TNI's Q&A:

TNI: We have gotten a few readers asking about the BG Evil Lynn and why a new tunic wasn’t created for the figure. It was said on the Matty forums that this was a artistic decision made by the Four Horsemen even though they were given permission by Mattel to create new tooling for the figure. Especially since this is a subscription figure that many people don’t have the option of not buying, they are looking for a more detailed explanation why this decision was made. If it was a decision made by the Horsemen then they would like to hear directly from them why they went the route they did when so many people have been asking for a new female tooled body to be created and a more true looking 200x Evil Lynn figure?

Mattel: We will reach out to the Horsemen and see if we can get a more specific answer but as they are busy in NJ sculpting they are not here to answer our bi-weekly sessions. These sessions are for Mattel brand managers and designers to answer. The Horsemen are not exactly “on call”. But it was a design choice they and Terry made, not direction from management or anything.
    TNI Commentary: We would like to note here that these questions were submitted several weeks ago which should have given Mattel plenty of time to get some kind of response from the Horsemen. When we first started getting emails about this from readers back in July, we tried to reach out to the Four Horsemen ourselves and never got a response back from them even though we have always gotten fast replies from them when it comes to questions about their own toy line. We once again reached out to the Horsemen yesterday to try and get a response one last time before going to print with this, still no response.

Now I will be the first to admit that I feel some of the public outcry over this figure seems a bit misplaced or overblown. The figure itself isn't a bad one. Even though Mattel may have said the Four Horsemen could make new tooling, it still seems likely to us if the money was used to do that, in-turn it would mean that money would have to be taken from someplace else or maybe the figure really just looks better this way. The Four Horsemen are certainly the best ones to make that call. The problem here isn't really the figure itself, but the way in which Mattel and the Horsemen (since Mattel has clearly put this in their lap publicly) has handled addressing the concerns of those who seem to be upset over the figure. The standard response, if you don't like it don't buy it, doesn't really apply here because this is a subscription figure and many people are locked into it. In my opinion I think Mattel could have done a much better job addressing these concerns instead of letting them fester and anger some folks like they have.
    Everyone is keeping quiet about this one...they know they screwed up.

From TNI's Q&A:

Everyone is keeping quiet about this one...they know they screwed up.
    The deafening silence by the 4H and Terry is telling. Yes. They screwed up on the figure and they screwed us into buying a repaint and they know it. They had the money for the tooling, and they knew what many fans wanted.

There is no excuse and no justifiable reason for what we got.

Artistic choice is certainly not a justifiable excuse because the a lot of fans have been vocal for the last two years about what we wanted for this figure. We are locked into a subscription and we were told no cheap repaints.

Pathetic failure by the 4H on this one. Completely missed the entire point.

"But, but second head!"

I'd rather have had the unique dress instead of the second head. I prefer my figures to be fully decked out for display, and that means Evil Lyn wearing her helmet.

The second head is in no way a substitute for the failure of the actual figure.

The problem here isn't really the figure itself
    Disagree. The figure is a huge miss. They could have given us 200x Evil-Lyn. Instead we get yet another Teela-repaint with almost no new tooling.

The Mattel/4H cover-up is an embarressment to them, but typical & expected.

The TOTAL FAIL regarding the doll is the issue. I say, pull the thing & replace it & delay BGEL!

The second head is in no way a substitute for the failure of the actual figure.
    It's not even a whole head. It is just a hair-piece.

The face is the same mold as the helmeted-head.

Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 16, 2011 at 12:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post

It's not even a whole head. It is just a hair-piece.

The face is the same mold as the helmeted-head.

I was being kind.

TNI has an update....

UPDATE: In regards to this first question, we are now being told "unofficially" that an official statement about Evil Lyn will be forthcoming from Mattel. When or if we get that statement we will be sure to pass it on to your all.
    This ought to be good.

WOW you guys come off as angry and filled with hate over ONE figure. geez.
    I'd love a 200X evil lyn but I'm not ****** off about it.

Oh and for the record I do support a "Snakemen Alliance" Evil Lyn.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

TNI has an update....

This ought to be good.
    I anticipate only becoming angrier and more disgusted by that statement.

The 4H are happy with the repaint. They chose to make her a repaint, and were happy making us buy a repaint.

Mattel is fine with deferring to them on the decision.

At most they're just going to say they'll make an actual 200x Evil Lyn, but after waiting almost two years, we will now have to wait a minimum of another year on top of that.

I've been patient, but I'm running out of patience. Four years is pushing even me. Because the earliest we could get her is 2013. And that's if we ever get her.

They could have made so many 200x fans happy, and instead they disappointed many of us so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

I am. I hate the repaint.

I'm 99% pleased with Leech. He's my favorite He-Man figure aside from Skeletor, and I think the 4H knocked him out of the park. Vintage Leech is probably my all time favorite childhood toy ever. Classics Leech will be my favorite figure of the entire line.

I'm 100% pleased with He-Man, Scareglow, Trap Jaw, Whiplash, and Teela as well.

Evil Lyn being a cheap repaint twice now? You're darn right I'm angry.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 16, 2011 at 06:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I anticipate only becoming angrier and more disgusted by that statement.

The 4H are happy with the repaint. They chose to make her a repaint, and were happy making us buy a repaint.

Mattel is fine with deferring to them on the decision.

At most they're just going to say they'll make an actual 200x Evil Lyn, but after waiting almost two years, we will now have to wait a minimum of another year on top of that.

I've been patient, but I'm running out of patience. Four years is pushing even me. Because the earliest we could get her is 2013. And that's if
    we ever get her.

They could have made so many 200x fans happy, and instead they disappointed many of us so badly.
    But it's ONE character man, is it worth having THAT MUCH blood pressure points going up? Relax, but be vocal, no need to get all up in arms and personally call out people like they came to your house and murdered your loved ones, it's just a toy, just a hobby, She-Ra 2.0 came, so will 200X evil lyn, just keep vocal but no need to get so angry.

like I said I completely support a 200X proper evil lyn, and any time it comes up I will give my support, I'm on the side of your cause, but I don't completely understand the anger. I mean I can kind of get it, but to me it's not worth being mad. it's worth vocalising the want for it, but not getting so mad. I think Shadow weaver being a sub exclusive is more worthy of anger than this because it directly contradicted what TG said about the sub exclusives.(all my own opinion though)
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 16, 2011 at 01:56pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

But it's ONE character man, is it worth having THAT MUCH blood pressure points going up? Relax, but be vocal, no need to get all up in arms and personally call out people like they came to your house and murdered your loved ones, it's just a toy, just a hobby, She-Ra 2.0 came, so will 200X evil lyn, just keep vocal but no need to get so angry.
    Who said my blood pressure is up? This is a hobby for me. All my anger and rage is in the proper context. These are toys and characters we care about, and these are products we are buying. I wanted a cool Evil Lyn toy representing her 200x look and that was good enough to justify the $30 price point. I didn't get it. Instead I got a minimal repaint.

As a customer we were very clear and specific about what we wanted with an Evil Lyn variant.

Mattel was upfront about what the quarterly variants would or would not be with the subs. They assured us they would not be cheap repaints and would have full tooling budgets. Mattel knew there were many fans who hated yellow Teela. and so did the 4H. On top of that we were told 200x Evil Lyn would be more than repaint.

Mattel broke their word to me as a paying customer in my opinion. I'm entitled to be angry about this-in the context of the line and hobby we're all a part of.

Nobody is calling the 4h or Mattel horrible people, horrible parents, or calling for misfortune to befall them. Everything is in its proper context. They screwed up, and I'm letting them know how I feel as a paying customer and as a fan.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 16, 2011 at 06:30pm.

And at the cost of another $20+shipping+any price increases ON TOP OF the cost of the pointless BG Lyn.

At least they might get the &^&*ing COLOURS right next time.

If there's an actual Official Statement, I half-wonder if they realise they screwed up so badly they need to fix this, like with the Slime Blower Ghostbusters, but I doubt it...

Dewd. If I don't get mad on here, I'll kick my dog.

I'm easily filled with hate.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Thanks for the support, Krys. I'm not mad at all. Actually, I want to get past BGEL and focus on what they can do right for a future 200X Evil-Lyn variant.

Some fans are understandably upset at getting a "half-hearted" version of a figure that they've asked for and having to unnecessarily pay for yet an additional version of Evil-Lyn that gets it right. Toyguru did say "If we did a 200X Evil Lyn she would not be a re-deco. She would have quite a few new tools.", which would further indicate that Mattel at least, was aware of what we wanted.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    TNI has an update....

This ought to be good.
    As long as we don't get one of those "We think she's awesome, you should totally buy a few of her" answers Mattel has given in the past when customers are unhappy with a product, it should be good.

In all fairness to Eric's interview where he and the guy interviewing him kept saying good things about BG Evil-Lyn...wasn't that conducted at SDCC? I mean, at the time no one really knew almost everyone was unhappy with her.

Anyway, I would like to say I 100% support SMA Evil-Lyn. I want her outfit designed EXACTLY like the 200X toy or MYP cartoon...to be very clear. I also want her cloak. That thing is badass! It needs the skull clasp and fur trim! It can be done.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    As long as we don't get one of those "We think she's awesome, you should totally buy a few of her" answers Mattel has given in the past when customers are unhappy with a product, it should be good.
    Well, there IS one alternative - they make BP She-Ra the Q4 sub variant, and bump BG Evil-Lyn later to do it right. There's one precedent, as I alluded to, when they delayed Slime Blower Winston Zeddmore from GB to change him from this to this after an outcry that it wasn't movie-accurate because they skimped on the tooling...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    In all fairness to Eric's interview where he and the guy interviewing him kept saying good things about BG Evil-Lyn...wasn't that conducted at SDCC? I mean, at the time no one really knew almost everyone was unhappy with her.
    That's the point. They REALLY thought it was a good idea to do a black'n'pink Teela repaint, and saying anything else would be backtracking...

Well, there IS one alternative - they make BP She-Ra the Q4 sub variant, and bump BG Evil-Lyn later to do it right. There's one precedent, as I alluded to, when they delayed Slime Blower Winston Zeddmore from GB to change him from this to this after an outcry that it wasn't movie-accurate because they skimped on the tooling...
    I would agree with that.