Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MINI-COMIC INTERVIEW - CBR talks to Tim Seeley

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Well, they do have access to the cosmic key so all they need to do is make a slight detour in time and get the sorceress right before she gets bitten and replace her with a clone...it is Motuc after all, cloning is learned in preschool!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I really like the first page, and I have a feeling it could be a preview of what Miro and Clamp Champ will look like. It shows Fisto, Man E, and She-Ra (which makes me so happy.) I'm hoping we'll see Queen Marlena and some POP ladies at some point too - maybe some Horde women - assuming they had the rights to FILMation characters when this was written. I would be so happy to see Scorpia in the comics/toyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    So It starts with Sorceress dead and Man-At-Arms turned into a Snake Man.

The final issue better fix these problems.
    This troubles me as well. It feels like they're starting in the middle-to-end of a story rather than the beginning.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

That one page has me salivating for more. I am so excited to have Mini Comics again, although for a very limited time, and just as excited to have the complete 3 part Powers of Grayskull story.

I don't mind the art at all, I have seen much worse in $4 comics from the large comic companies. I am already a fan of the bios so the writing style is right up my alley.

I am so desperate to see the first story, I am envious of all those people who got the free copy at the matty panel.

I would BET that any characters that appear in this mini-comic have been created as sculpted prototypes... or at least most of them have.

The artist was probably given samples or pictures so that the pictures match the toys pretty well
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would BET that any characters that appear in this mini-comic have been created as sculpted prototypes... or at least most of them have.

The artist was probably given samples or pictures so that the pictures match the toys pretty well
    Their were quite a lot of characters that appear in the mini comics that are not at prototype phase or even close to it. So their "Classics" debute will be in comic form!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Their were quite a lot of characters that appear in the mini comics that are not at prototype phase or even close to it. So their "Classics" debute will be in comic form!
    Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest!! I just figured you guys would want to make sure the artists stayed as close to the Classics version of each figure.

I'd imagine that the characters in the mini will look that way when they are made into figures, yes? That's actually an extra plus. Seeing figures from down the line, or rather, their design.

Like maybe, Scorpia!!

I love having a new mini-comic, and it was REALLY nice getting it as a freebie at the panel.
    Last edited by bcrduke; July 28, 2011 at 11:44pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

HD figures on youtube
    AMAZING! Hate the Man-At-Arms angle, but everything else looks great to me. So glade I started to re-collect the original mini comics. I want a Miro figure!

Toyguru, without giving away any plot info can you tell us if we'll see any Filmation/Jetlag characters in the minis please?

What a great start, one gets dropped right into the action! I like that some of the bios are already being tied in as well. Heh, it kind of makes since as they(bios) are likely a strong basis for this story
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    This troubles me as well. It feels like they're starting in the middle-to-end of a story rather than the beginning.

~W~
    Well, the first page appears to generally recap what we've gotten in the bios, which is the beginning of the story, so that actually makes a decent amount of sense to me. There are still bios yet to be released before this mini-comic is "officially" released, so there's plenty more to happen before we get to this story.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

The art is very lacking IMO but it will be good to have more stories

I'm a big fan of local boy Tim Seeley and it's nice to see mini-comics again, but I still hate killing off major characters(or turning them evil). Seeing both The Sorceress & Duncan as victims of the Snake Men makes it even worse. At least have it be the Evil Warriors or The Horde. Anyways, I'll definitely check it out & hope I'm wrong.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post

~W~
    the beginning of the story is the journey to preternia so essentially this middle to end feeling is actually a prelude. I also have a feeling the sorceress issue etc will be rectified upon the trip back into time.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I hate Man-At-Arms as a snakeman. Master's has too many great villains without needing to turn the heroes into villains too.

This looks so interesting. I can't wait to get Thunder Punch He-Man to see the rest of this first part.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    This news might put me over the edge to actually getting the subscription. Wish the comic was ongoing, rather than a few issues.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

I'm really happy with the return of the mini-comic.
    I'm not totally happy with the art (Don't like the zoom on He-Man and MAA faces) but it's still good (Not as good as what Emiliano or Andie Tong can do IMO). However there is something in this first page that pleases me... I can't really explain what. I think the comic has many details where it is necessary and a lack of them where it is not. At the end, it looks good. Most of the faces aren't detailed (And I prefer that when I see them in details (ie : He-Man and MAA). It lets us mold our heroes a little bit as we imagine them and I like that.

I hope it will continues on this way.
    It is a great beginning and I already can't imagine it will end up with the issue 3.

Long live to the Mini-Comics!
    (I hope TG will have the budget to go beyond the issue 3)!

I don't have any problems with the Sorceress dying. It's always been bound to happen one day, anyway. And I'm quite sure that Man-At-Arms gets turned back to normal after the Snake Men are defeated.
    I'm just not too keen on Teela wearing a similar dress as her mother. I would prefer her using the snake armor and staff, especially since it might give her an advantage against the Snake Men.
    Gotta admit that the return of the kings indeed reads as if it was them who turned the tide. She-ra's arrival on Eternia and thus the combined might of the Twins of Power should be the major turning point.
    I totally love that He-Man's running around in his Thunder Punch dressup. That one always was an underrated armor IMO!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

At least the following of P.O.G. saga.... It's dream coming true !!
    I read this mini comic 10 times and I found it too short but.... AWESOME!
    WOW ! It was a big surprise at the PANEL !!!!
    I'm really hoping to see ELDOR and to learn (at least), the following of this SAGA !
    Thanks to all involved in this project.

Super awesome that this is happening.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    And I'm quite sure that Man-At-Arms gets turned back to normal after the Snake Men are defeated.

If I remember, for the MYP 2002 storyline, Ian Richter from Mattel did confirm in an interview, that their plan was to keep Duncan as snake for only 3-5 episodes or something along those lines.

Though I have no clue If in Classics-CANON they now say that Duncan will be turned into a Snake Man for good

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    See now I think the snake/ Reptilian head that came with the Palace Guards is meant to be for Man At Arms as it looks so similar to that artwork.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

My favourite part is where Orko blasts the horde trooper
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Tim is the perfect dude to write these comics!

Really can't wait to read em!