Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MINI-COMIC INTERVIEW - CBR talks to Tim Seeley

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    My favourite part is where Orko blasts the horde trooper
    Yeah, I liked it, too...

Orko doesn't play nice, anymore

wow - the effort they've gone to recently; Tim is a great writer, i loooove the artwork/design too... and they had that guy who is awesome (his name has slipped my mind) for the windraider box art, geoff johns doing a new character - they really seem to be trying to get some top quality involved.

orko is in it (and even kicks horde butt!!!), so my expectations have been met already! (though i do hope roboto turns up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    (though i do hope roboto turns up)
    Hey. Roboto is standing next to She-Ra in the last frame on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Hey. Roboto is standing next to She-Ra in the last frame on the first page.
    omg! awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    My favorite part is where Orko blasts the horde trooper
    I liked that too. I also really dig seeing She-Ra facing off against the snakemen alongside He-Man.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Hmm... Alves' art's showing a lot of Alan Davis influence there - a hellavalot more than he did on Nova!

I have to say that, overall, I really enjoyed the first issue. I actually read it in between panels and it is a fun read. Seems very well planned from a story perspective. I am not *completely* on board about the Sorceress yet, but it is not terrible to me. I never liked the MAA as a snake man thing though and I hope as time moves on, the "classics" story will breath on its own a bit more and not be bound by things that "almost were" from the the myp cartoon.

Looking forward to the rest of them for sure, and I had a conversation with Eric Treadaway that will be online soon. We talked (hypothetically) about adapting King Miro for Classics (as well as several other characters) for when/if that ever happens. Fun stuff. Hope comics can find a home on-going in some form.

On just only the first page of this comic we can count 16 characters !

- Roboto
    - Clamp Champ
    - He-Man
    - Battle Cat
    - Sssqueeze
    - She-Ra
    - Man-At-Arms (snake form)
    - King Randor
    - King Miro
    - Horde Guard
    - Orko
    - Fisto
    - Stratos
    - Prince Adam
    - Sy-Klone
    - Man-E-Faces

If TG would have the budget to go on after these 3 first comics I hope he would use the story written for the season 3/4 of the MYP cartoon.

And since in the MOTUC many bios are inspired by the MYP story I suppose that's what TG would do.
    I keep my fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    So It starts with Sorceress dead and Man-At-Arms turned into a Snake Man.

The final issue better fix these problems.
    I may be completely mistaken here, b/c I didn't watch NA faithfully and don't remember all that much about it. However, didn't Sorceress and Teela both appear in NA? Or were they only in flashbacks? Or was it only the Sorceress? I can't remember. If they both did appear in NA, then I would assume that Sorceress would be brought back by the end of this story. If not, then maybe the Sorceress I think I remember seeing in NA will actually turn out to be Teela as the Sorceress?
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I may be completely mistaken here, b/c I didn't watch NA faithfully and don't remember all that much about it. However, didn't Sorceress and Teela both appear in NA? Or were they only in flashbacks? Or was it only the Sorceress? I can't remember. If they both did appear in NA, then I would assume that Sorceress would be brought back by the end of this story. If not, then maybe the Sorceress I think I remember seeing in NA will actually turn out to be Teela as the Sorceress?
    They were both in the NA series, although Teela only made one appearance and she looked nothing like any previous incarnation.

NA TEELA

The Sorceress continues to communicate with He-Man through telepathy throughout the series, much like she did in the Filmation series.

Which is funny, because now she is blonde in latter-day MOTU continuity...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    There may be a connection there! Time will tell
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not just blonde but ALSO back in PINK!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They were both in the NA series, although Teela only made one appearance and she looked nothing like any previous incarnation.
    The Sorceress continues to communicate with He-Man through telepathy throughout the series, much like she did in the Filmation series.
    So, maybe, just maybe, by the end of the new mini-comics, Teela will go back to being Teela (just with more power and knowledge) and The Sorceress will be brought back. Or maybe the look of NA Teela will be made into a figure and it'll be explained that this is how she looked when The Sorceress came back and she took on the role of being a "Sorceress in Training".
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

I am happy that the minicomics are back for three issues, but I do not like the artwork from what I've seen so far.

I wished Emiliano would have drawn it...too bad.

I LOVE how the art looks like the original minicomics.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I LOVE how the art looks like the original minicomics.
    I agree. I think it's perfect... form the one page we've seen, at least. The use of shadow and light and the more classically drawn figures all hit the right buttons for me.

Isn't that Man-At-Arms to the right of Man-E-Faces on the last panel? That looks like his mace there...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I hate Man-At-Arms as a snakeman. Master's has too many great villains without needing to turn the heroes into villains too.
    The best heroes are those that have fight against inpossible odds especially when former friends become your worst/best enemies. to me this will be a true story of the hero going from rock bottom to then work his way up defeat all those that stand against him including former friends.

I sold all my MOTU toys when I was 13 to get money to hang out at the mall and be awkward with girls. But, by the time I was 19, I was buying MOTU figures at thrift stores and rummage sales. It took me 15 years, but I have the whole line, as a 34 year old nerd. My wife is not impressed. I'm also picking up the MOTU collector series Mattel is releasing.
    I love that they got a die-hard fan to write these.

Great comic to usher in the return of the mini comic! Love it!.

Let us not forget, Mattel did not have the budget to do this project, it was funded by a Mattel employee. I think we owe a great deal of thanks in this respect.
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Was the comic given out at SDCC the full first issue? I haven't seen any comments beyond the first page, so I was wondering...

It was! So sad it's out there... so out of reach...

I just checked Ebay... and the thing is going for $20-$40... REALLY? REALLY? Ugh.

WHY would anyone buy this comic for that kind of money, when you are GUARANTEED to get it included with Thunder Punch He-Man in March?! This is a case where patience will indeed pay off!

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    The best heroes are those that have fight against impossible odds especially when former friends become your worst/best enemies. to me this will be a true story of the hero going from rock bottom to then work his way up defeat all those that stand against him including former friends.
    I think it's predictable and unoriginal. It's a common thing in comics today to turn heroes into villains and pit them against one another.

Do we need Man-At-Arms to be a villain when we've got Skeletor, King Hsss, Hordak, Marzo, the snakemen, Horde, the evil mutants, etc?

I'm sure he'll be back to normal at the end of the story. I'm sure I'll love the min-comic. But I hate the idea of Man-At-Arms being a bad guy. It's apparently a fetish with Motu writers.

It was going to happen in the 200x series for quite a long time if I remember correctly. Jack Olesker from NA was going to do it too. In his case it was going to be a heck of a lot worse than Man-At-Arms being a snakeman. He was just going to turn evil.

I will say that if Man-At-Arms is going to be a bad guy, being a snakeman is the way to go. It's just not an idea that appeals to me personally.

The rest of comic looks great though.