Thread: Petition to Repaint BattleGround Evil-Lyn in Filmation Colors

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar

Petition to Repaint BattleGround Evil-Lyn in Filmation Colors

As discussed in the thread "Battleground Evil-Lyn: Neither 200X nor Filmation," this is a last attempt to save 200X Evil-Lyn for a slot where there is enough time to give her more tooling (such as a new torso outfit), as well as to not waist the current figure with the potential it has to satisfy many Filmation fans. So if you want to see Battleground Evil-Lyn repainted into Filmation colors, post here for Toyguru to see. If this takes off, we can start a petition on the Mattycollector boards and TheFwoosh.com as well.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

i think she's past the point of doing anything to her... poor Evil-Lyn

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

they have already said its too late to change any figures that were shown
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I does seem to late.

Maybe it's just me since Evil Lyn is my favorite character, but I'd be just fine if they did yet another Evil Lyn variant in a 200X outfit and a FLIMation variant. I'd by any Evil Lyn and said that in passing to Toyguru while at SDCC and he was fixing the figures in the display case. His response was "thats what what we're hoping for" he knows that certain characters can support a few variants.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I does seem to late.

Maybe it's just me since Evil Lyn is my favorite character, but I'd be just fine if they did yet another Evil Lyn variant in a 200X outfit and a FLIMation variant. I'd by any Evil Lyn and said that in passing to Toyguru while at SDCC and he was fixing the figures in the display case. His response was "thats what what we're hoping for" he knows that certain characters can support a few variants.
    This is how I feel. I'd buy any and all EL variants.

I would love to see a Filmation colors and a Young-Lyn (200X) version.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'd be too worried that they'd never get around to 200x Lyn, especially with all the new options open to them. I'll take the figure as it was shown at SDCC.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    This figure is a vast improvement over the original for me, so I'm happy.

Luckily some people said what i was going to say. Too late to change sculpt.

But I still say the sculpt is fine. What I wanted in a "200x" version lyn is what we got. I wanted and expected a MOTUC-ized 200x influenced lyn. Not 200x Lyn. This is not new news.

She's a refresh. And a dang good one.

I will admit I wish they'd at least have made her GirlBuck 2.0, with waist articulation, ect ect. But I like her alot.

I will also add that "Filmation" lyn is just the toy we got first, but caucasian rather than yellow. So I dont really need a second figure like that, with a different skin tone. If you're going to do a "human" skin tone, do the 200x influenced toy, which is what we have here.

Sorry if you are dissapointed. I think we got the two important different Lyns. Only other Lyn we'd need at this point, is Movie Lyn, and to be honest, I would only want Movie Skeletor & He-Man probably.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Luckily some people said what i was going to say. Too late to change sculpt.
    That's why I'm pushing for a simple repaint of the prototype, the same way Battle Armor Skeletor's feet were changed. But to each his own.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Filmation Colours could be cool, but I’m happy with what we’re getting. At least this version can be easily repainted into Filmation colours. The sad news is that this means we will probably never get Filmation colours. I can only imagine the outcry if we get a third repaint of this buck for Evil Lyn.

The thing that concerns me most about Filmation right is the possible toonification of future figs. Would Filmation colours Lyn look too cartoony? Possibly not. The yellow/blue version looks very bizarre next to Faceless One.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    What I wanted in a "200x" version lyn is what we got. I wanted and expected a MOTUC-ized 200x influenced lyn. Not 200x Lyn. This is not new news.
    I too wanted in 200X influenced Evil-Lyn and am happy with the results. I didn't expect an MYP Evil-Lyn, I wanted a Classics interpretation of MYP and got one.

I will admit I wish they'd at least have made her GirlBuck 2.0, with waist articulation, ect ect. But I like her alot.
    A 2.0 buck would have been cool but a longer Kama(?) would have been cooler in my opinion.

I will also add that "Filmation" lyn is just the toy we got first, but caucasian rather than yellow. So I dont really need a second figure like that, with a different skin tone.
    The way I see it, Filmation got it wrong. Vintage Evil-Lyn was "Simpsons" Yellow and Mattel has already provided us with her. If they recolor Battleground Evil-Lyn somewhere down the road as a Filmation variant, I'm okay with it. But no way do I want the 200X variant bumped for Filmation.

Only other Lyn we'd need at this point, is Movie Lyn
    I'd like to see a movie variant before a Filmation variant.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Think everyones missing the point. Repainting this Evil Lyn does not affect the possibility of getting 200x Evil Lyn. The fan demand is there for that and will continue till the figure is made. This is to save the current release, which most people agree is niether Filmation or 200x...The sculpt cannot be changed, but the colours can. So please show ur support for Filmation Evil Lyn.

Heroic Warrior
    Guess what...BG Teela was neither Filmation or 200X and she's done just fine for her self. At this juncture it's not going to happen and honestly I hope strongly that people NEVER get the re-deco they want just to teach them to be open minded to change and be patient- this was never said to be 200X EL to begin with, it just has small nuances from her.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Think everyones missing the point. Repainting this Evil Lyn does not affect the possibility of getting 200x Evil Lyn. The fan demand is there for that and will continue till the figure is made. This is to save the current release, which most people agree is niether Filmation or 200x...The sculpt cannot be changed, but the colours can. So please show ur support for Filmation Evil Lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    To be fair, fan demand is there for almost everything. How many new "support for" threads are started per minute? I'd be surprised if we ever get a 3rd Evil-Lyn when the Filmation fields are so full of plenty.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    This figure is a vast improvement over the original for me, so I'm happy.
    I agree. She looks awesome to me.

Dont get me wrong, indeed she does look great but I dont understand the choice in colour scheme. I understand the choice in sculpt, reusing the Teela buck, but why the colour choices? Surely it makes sense to use the Filmation colours not some never before seen colours that dont match with Faceless One or Skeletor and have no place in classics..The only reason for this colour choice would have been to relate to 200x which this figure clearly is not.