Thread: Morgoth the Terrible in Motuc

Hybrid View

Morgoth the Terrible in Motuc

Who wants this guy. In the filmation, an extremely powerful Socrerer that summons the horde to Eternia and makes himself into a giant. They should do what they did with Giganta, make one 6 inch figure and then one giant figure. He should come with Repaint of Evillyns wand( that was his accessory in the Cartoon), a Wheel of fire( his calling card), and his obelisk( his source of power to return to Eternia) and spellbook. Make him a member of the Horde. Anyone else want this character.

Last edited by facet; October 6, 2012 at 01:39pm. Reason: added pics

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I think Melkor and those that hold his copyright might frown...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I need to see a picture...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I think Melkor and those that hold his copyright might frown...
    I'm guessing you probably mean trademark, but even so, if it hasn't been filed or used recently, it's generally fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    From the encyclopedia here on the .Org:

He'd definitely need some Four Horsemen magic to make him look like a worthwhile purchase.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...1&objectid=467

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would like him. love wizards in motu. would like some new improvements though.

its a good story. the origin of the sorceress teela-na. 100yrs before he-man morgoth opens a gateway & a few of the horde arrive on eternia. they easily begin to take over. teela-na escapes & finds the sorceress. teela-na becomes the new sorceress & drives back the horde & fights morgoth.

beat me to getting a picture up.

Heroic Warrior
    The name Morgoth is very likely copyrighted and property of the J.R.R. Tolkien estate. Morgoth was a name originally used in The Lord of The Rings (or may one of the books Tolkien wrote in that world of Middle Earth (I have a feeling he's mentioned in the Silmarillion and also in the Fellowship of the King when Gandalf sends the Balrog to its doom. Morgoth was the dark lord and master of Sauron.

J. Michael Stacyinkski used the name in He-Man because he's a huge Lord Of The Rings fan. The basic story of Babylon 5 which he created and mostly wrote was based around a sci-fi retelling of Lord Of The Rings.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    it just occurred to me that wun-dar would have been during the time of morgoth. wun-dar would have a rival villain to display next to.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, but I'm not interested in Morgoth the Terrible. Too plain, not interesting enough.

You can give me Shadow Weaver, Batros, Scorpia, Octavia, Lord Masque, Shokoti, Lizard Man, Imp, Vultak, Red Knight, Fang Man, Icer, Strongarm, General Sunder, Kittrina, Madam Razz and Broom (Filmation characters), Mara, Darius and Critta (NA characters) any time you want, and it would be fine with me.

But please no plain looking characters. Or they should be releasd after 2018, then.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Yes, please, I would like one (though I agree that he needs to be spiced-up a bit).
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not interested in Morgoth the Terrible. Too plain, not interesting enough.

You can give me Shadow Weaver, Batros, Scorpia, Octavia, Lord Masque, Shokoti, Lizard Man, Imp, Vultak, Red Knight, Fang Man, Icer, Strongarm, General Sunder, Kittrina, Madam Razz and Broom (Filmation characters), Mara, Darius and Critta (NA characters) any time you want, and it would be fine with me.

But please no plain looking characters. Or they should be releasd after 2018, then.
    I completely agree with this post.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

The irony here is that Morgoth is Filmation's Prahvus. While Prahvus has a much more interesting look, Morgoth has the better story IMO.

In "Origin of the Sorceress" the Sorceress describes Morgoth as someone who "became a giant, immortal, with terrible powers" and "sought more power than any mortal should."

He was clearly as wizard obsessed with Magic and decided to look to the Horde for Aide, and by the way, he's one of the few villains who bossed the Horde around. He made it very clear in that episode that they were under his control.

I agree that Morgoth needs a little update to his look, but I find his character very interesting.
    RIP Andy Conrad.