Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preternia Map Discussion

Preternia Map Discussion

I didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd bring up the Preternia map.

Is that GREEN Granamyr in there?!

It looks like the main continent is cut up into four parts:
    • Horde Territory
    • Snake Territory
    • Dragon Territory of Darksmoke
    • The Free People of Preternia

Interesting choices, the Free People make me think of Kipling's Jungle Book. Does anyone have theories on stuff like the islands or that floating castle (Kothos maybe)? Maybe on is Anwat Gar? The island in the lower right corner looks like Gondor from LOTR:Return of the King. I feel like I should recognize it, but I'm drawing a blank.

I hope that fire in the upper right corner is the home of the Fire People and the guy from the Council of the Wise in the 200x comics!!!

Heroic Warrior
    The details of the map are too blurry to guess what they are exactly...

Nevertheless, this map gives me some big hopes :

1) The hope to get a Gigantisaur figure (you can see this apatosaurus dinosaur not far from Castle Grayskull).

2) The hope to get Tyrantisaurus Rex (he's also represented in the upper right corner)

3) The hope to get one day a gigantic and awesome MOTUC Eternia playset

I'm very happy with this map, and I like its colours too !

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    maybe one of the islands is anwat-gar. the whole land mass in confusing. nothing like what i have imagined. floating island kingdom is new & an island of flames?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Thanks for posting this--it's one of the best images I've seen yet of the map. I can't wait to get my hands on it--it looks so beautiful, and I think there are numerous interesting places on there...now, if only I could read the various places.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's interesting that the subtitle below Preternia reads, "Before the Spell of Separation." I really want to take the time to compare it to the map of present-day Eternia. And is there a Preternia after the Spell of Separation?

On the floating city, wasn't there a floating city of Helios in the Star Comics?

I'm quite excited for the day we can see some of the details in clearer resolution.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

In comparing the map of Preternia before the seperation spell and the map of Eternia, it appears that the one massive continent began splitting and moving around. Is this the result of the spell or something else?
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I'm actually a little saddened by not being able to see the entire land mass, but more so by not being able to see much of what even appears to be subtle nods to present day Eternia in much of the geographical or political boundaries. That may just be to the low resolution, though, too.

On the flip side, I kind of like the ambiguity that this map has compared to the previous two.

In theory, Anwat gar should be in the area of the peninsula Northwest of Castle Grayskull.

I'm very happy to see what appears to be the Slime Pit!
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan View Post
    I think it's interesting that the subtitle below Preternia reads, "Before the Spell of Separation." I really want to take the time to compare it to the map of present-day Eternia. And is there a Preternia after the Spell of Separation?
    There might be. We know that Hordak performed the Spell of Separation before King Grayskull's death, and Vikor's bio says he defended the "Valley of Gnarl" after KG's death. In the modern Eternia, there is no valley, only and "Ocean of Gnarl." So something else must have happened to turn a valley into an ocean. Or there is a Mid-Eternia between modern and Preternian ages. Or they messed up, but I'd rather be positive about that one. The only other maps I can think of are a Tri-Solar Galaxy map and a Sub-Eternia map. Maybe Denebria, Primus, Nordor, and prehistoric Etheria maps are also possible. But a fourth Eternia map doesn't seem too wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    On the floating city, wasn't there a floating city of Helios in the Star Comics?
    Hmm, yes there was, but Helios is the King of the Fire People, and I actually want him as a figure. Maybe given the proximity to that burning tire island, there is a connection? Brilliant if there is!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    My favorite thing about this map?

The SCALE!!!

I always HATED that Grayskull Tower and Snake Tower were like, 500 yards away from one another!

I love that they're in opposite "hemispheres" (even if we won't call them that until after Hordak's Spell of Separation!), it adds to the grand scale of the planet.

Love it!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I have to agree with Big Country. Having the towers farther apart does make the planet seem bigger.

Not a lot of named landmarks on the map is there?
    All caught up on figures...now what

Looks as if the Horde Slime Pit is there on the map! VERY cool!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

The SCALE!!!

I always HATED that Grayskull Tower and Snake Tower were like, 500 yards away from one another!

I love that they're in opposite "hemispheres" (even if we won't call them that until after Hordak's Spell of Separation!), it adds to the grand scale of the planet.

Love it!
    I agree. I always hated that the Eternia Towers were always presented as being super close to each other because of the track system action feature.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree. I always hated that the Eternia Towers were always presented as being super close to each other because of the track system action feature.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    [...]Not a lot of named landmarks on the map is there?
    There are, but it's such a low resolution image a lot of it gets blurred out quite a bit.
    @joshcrawley

I like the Towers being far apart too, but it always felt crazy to me that the Palace of Eternia looked like it was a continent away from Castle Grayskull. It's like the Palace was in Miami and Grayskull was over by Chicago. And then Snake Mountain was over in Russia! All of Lord of the Rings was about getting to Mordor (which looked like it was Bagdad to the Shire's England), but He-Man and Battle Cat just jog across the Eternian globe every half hour!

Sorry about the blurry names! It looks like there are a lot of landmarks on this one too, I can see what look like labels on so many different places. I am not sure, but it looks like Captain Hook is anchored in the Neverland lagoon over in the left side. I can't think of any ships that make sense being there. It'd be cool if it's Dragosaur Isle from "The Time Corridor," but that seems like it should be over in the Dragon Territory. Geez this would make the coolest theme park!
    Last edited by gbagok; July 30, 2011 at 10:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

The SCALE!!!

Love it!
    The question becomes what do the three towers look like when they come back for the second ultimate battleground? Do they still have the track connecting them? Even farther apart?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Sorry about the blurry names!
    No need to apologize, unless you were the one that blurred them!
    @joshcrawley

I'd completely overlooked this map!!

It AWESOME!!!

There is so much going on!

That floating castle has to either be Kothos' palace, or the floating island that Enchantress's castle was on, where Miro had been kept prisoner. I wonder if IT was sent to Despondos (since he seems to have been banished there - as per the new mini-comic).

The islands are so busy. I'm ver interested in seeing what is on each one.

I'm also curious about the castle to the far west... Beyond Grayskull.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I wonder if there's any reference to Sortech's advanced techy civilisation on this map? Or was that BEFORE even this?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Looks as though the rampaging Megator is indeed rampaging up there.

Totally dig that map. I love that they even added the Slime Pit into this one!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I love the map. I asked the GREEN Granamyr question by the way and hope it will be fixed

Ok I must be blind can someone tell where they think they see the Green Granamyr.

Porkor,the Italian PugMan homerandrea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    Ok I must be blind can someone tell where they think they see the Green Granamyr.
    at the top of the map,in the dragon territory there are megator, granamyr and tyrantisaurus.