Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOW I'm Irritated about the dungeon floor.

NOW I'm Irritated about the dungeon floor.

I wan on Facebook and someone (I think it was Adam Bradley Freeman) posted a picture of what looks like the dungeon floor from Castle Grayskull, so I had my wife pick up the toy in question:

No way, why not for us, this is just a battery cover on the bottom, on an unseen part.

Two words: mass retail.

And a third one: unpainted.

What?! LOL! That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen! Talk about a random Easter Egg...

I'm one of those folks who doesn't give a care about the dungeon floor just being a sticker. I mean, you can barely see into the dungeon as it is... and fitting a figure inside and chaining it up isn't exactly easy. But it is pretty hilarious (or something) that it ends up as a sculpted detail on the battery cover of a completely different toy line!

Totally Dyslexic
    Spooky.

How old is that toy? And didnīt imaginext did something similar with a figure that looked almost like beast man or am i mistaken here?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

They've also released toys that look like Roton and Spydor. What next?

Hmmmm....I don't get irritated or mad over stuff like this. As long as the figures come out good. I could care less what is used on other toy lines they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Spooky.

How old is that toy? And didnīt imaginext did something similar with a figure that looked almost like beast man or am i mistaken here?
    That toy looks fairly new.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

I do like the low relief sculpt. I hope there's something in the works for a Masters of the Universe Imaginex line. My son would flip out!

It seems like there's MOTU easter eggs all over the place in Imaginext.

The Working Class Villains one is still better!

I still don't understand why we don't have a Masters Imaginext line. Masters is perfect for this type of line. With this scale you could make virtually all of the vehicles and playsets with action features. Why hasn't Mattel done this yet???

Aw, awesome! I had no idea they did that! So cool!

But seriously, this has nothing to do with the Castle. Costs being whatever they were, this is what we got. We're talkin' a whole extra, full painted item vs some unpainted detail on the bottom of an unrelated toy.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the yellow armor for the wizard figure in the above set is the spitting image of Skeletor's! Take a look!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Amazing !

Thanks for sharing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post

Unfortunately it's not avaiable anymore...do you think Mattel is planning on release an official dungeon gate (like the pic in MTV Geek last year) and don't permit WCV guys sell it anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Yes, way better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Amazing !

Thanks for sharing...

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately it's not available anymore...do you think Mattel is planning on release an official dungeon gate (like the pic in MTV Geek last year) and don't permit WCV guys sell it anymore ?
    No problem, crazy find.

(My wife is kinda irritated at me, I took it out of the box, took the pictures, put it back in the box then told her she can return it to the store now. She said, "I got that just so you could take some pictures???? Really!!!" So to the dog house I go.)

Man, I was just going to buy one of The Working Class Villains glowing one today

If the dungeon wasn't there and the floor was easily visible then I could understand the disappointment and anger at the sticker, but as it is if they had done something similar to the above images and painted it it would just be wasted detail that you wouldn't be able to see without looking through the door with a torch. But I do think that is a nice touch on that toy and the wizards armour does look quite a bit like skeletor's with the hood added on.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Yes, way better.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, crazy find.

(My wife is kinda irritated at me, I took it out of the box, took the pictures, put it back in the box then told her she can return it to the store now. She said, "I got that just so you could take some pictures???? Really!!!" So to the dog house I go.)

Man, I was just going to buy one of The Working Class Villains glowing one today

It seens you wife is more irritated with you than you with Mattel !

Well, it's very strange WCV don't offer its dungeon gate (not even in pre-order) just when we all received our Castle Grayskull playset...

Maybe it's a tribute from some one in the design department.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone else picture He-Bro slamming his hands on the table his laptop is on after seeing the dungeon and saying, "Woman, fetch me this toy, post-haste!"

I just think that's awesome, I can barely get my girlfriend to sit in the car when I check out a Big Lots for 5 minutes.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Am I the only one seeing Skeletor's harness and hood in that bright yellow accessory?
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Am I the only one seeing Skeletor's harness and hood in that bright yellow accessory?

No. It seens RyDell saw it too...

Haha, that's a pretty good find.

As others have said, I don't mind the sticker due to not being able to see in the dungeon that well.

My big thing about the dungeon is the door size. When I hold the chain in my thumb and index finger I can't fit my hand in the dungeon to peg the chain to the wall. If only the door was just a bit bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Unfortunately it's not avaiable anymore...do you think Mattel is planning on release an official dungeon gate (like the pic in MTV Geek last year) and don't permit WCV guys sell it anymore ?
    They explained it on the item page, but you can only really get to it if you had it bookmarked. TL;DR version: they got hammered with orders and temporarily took it down while they catch up. Keep an eye on their Facebook page to find out when it'll be available again.

Seems not only MotU...Ghostbusters to:

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Seems not only MotU...Ghostbusters to:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/im...FPP8081Alg.jpg
    yes! I had that one when I was a kid! so much fun
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor