Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: MOTUC Figure Reviews by He-Bro

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I finally finished it:

    https://youtu.be/1ERNIy7uCKM
    Shared it to my page. Great video He-Bro! Love that custom hood you showed off. Nice sharp image quality too. What camera do you use?

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I finally finished it:

    https://youtu.be/1ERNIy7uCKM
    Nice! I'll be watching this when I get home from work!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

    Wanted in MOTUC:

    Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Colonel Blast, Sagitar

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior GoatmanSays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I finally finished it:

    https://youtu.be/1ERNIy7uCKM
    A great review, BUT I have to agree with some that they do look like knock offs compared to what we've had before...the shiny plastic is nasty...the changes in design...I dunno I'm leaning towards flipping thes when they arrive... Maybe Super7 will get future waves right and they do deserve a chance, but kinda sorry I purchased the CG wave 2 now... :/

    Plasma is probably the best looking one of the three...

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I finally finished it:

    https://youtu.be/1ERNIy7uCKM
    AWESOME video. I expect nothing less from you He-bro. Everything you do is a great asset to the MOTU community.

    So, awesome about the ankle rockers, transparent gem on Plasmar, but what's up with the Pegs on the Trap-Jaw weapons? So we have TWO characters with the trap jaw arm from powercon, and neither of them will be able to swap weapons with all of the other Roboto/trap jaw accessories? Guess It just didn't pay to buy all of those weapon paks. Some decisions are great, others, baffling.

  6. #6
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    5,087
    Nice thorough review.

    I did not realize the arm attachments were not backward compatible.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

    Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior He-bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,745
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Shared it to my page. Great video He-Bro! Love that custom hood you showed off. Nice sharp image quality too. What camera do you use?
    Thanks, I used just my Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Nice! I'll be watching this when I get home from work!
    Cool, thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    AWESOME video. I expect nothing less from you He-bro. Everything you do is a great asset to the MOTU community.

    So, awesome about the ankle rockers, transparent gem on Plasmar, but what's up with the Pegs on the Trap-Jaw weapons? So we have TWO characters with the trap jaw arm from powercon, and neither of them will be able to swap weapons with all of the other Roboto/trap jaw accessories? Guess It just didn't pay to buy all of those weapon paks. Some decisions are great, others, baffling.
    I was surprised too about the attachment points. I do really like the ankle rockers, it also alleviates the gap between the foot and ankle.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Nice thorough review.

    I did not realize the arm attachments were not backward compatible.
    I know, right? (The attachments do work better though)

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior MEisterShake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    181
    Boy the String on Lord Grasp's cape is not going to last long at all.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    789
    Great review! I am very excited to add these guys to my collection. I know they have a few issues but these are awesome. Val,I hope you guys can bring us the rest of the unreleased waves.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  10. #10
    Darkness The Timeless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by MEisterShake View Post
    Boy the String on Lord Grasp's cape is not going to last long at all.
    As I'd posted/video-reviewed, I agree completely. I like the figure, so I don't mean to be overly-critical of it, but ... that rope on the cape... super fragile seeming, to me. Not a knock on the figure as much as a "be warned".
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Prahvus > Horde Prime > Red Beast Man > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

  11. #11
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Great review! I am very excited to add these guys to my collection. I know they have a few issues but these are awesome. Val,I hope you guys can bring us the rest of the unreleased waves.
    I'm still very happy with them. And a number of other fans are too. But I completely understand the reasons other fans are not satisfied. I wish they had been perfect.


    As far as other unreleased figures, we'll have to see.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!


  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,161
    Love the villains' designs, Plasmar's fine but seems a bit generic. They all fit right into the collection on my shelf just fine.
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Uncle Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    940
    Ugh! I didn't realize that Terroar's attachment pegs were designed differently!! Unbelievable. This goes to show how disappointed I am in these figures that I put them away immediately after inspection and missed even more problems. lol.
    TOP WANTS:

    SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    34,611
    Thank you for posting another review, sir!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!


  16. #16
    Royal Guard chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    7,868
    Nice vid He-bro! I'd somehow missed that these have new ankle articulation. Looks great!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Beerternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    78
    Great stuff. I'm still excited for my sets to come in and see them in person and have them in-hand!
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •