Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics & ThunderCats Product Walkthrough SDCC 2015 Video

Masters of the Universe Classics & ThunderCats Product Walkthrough SDCC 2015 Video

The walkthrough video:

Brandon Sopinsky said to Pixel Dan that the laser figures light up...
    Last edited by He-Dad; July 12, 2015 at 12:01pm. Reason: moved from another thread
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    OGM OGM, I love you!!

Also said King Hiss torso is coming and will be part of something special, just couldn't say when but said it was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    Also said King Hiss torso is coming and will be part of something special, just couldn't say when but said it was coming.
    And also said Snake Mountain price woluld be around $300!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Anti He-man with King Hsss snake torso as a subscription bonus? It would just be a straight re-paint of the original figure so low cost to produce. Maybe a bit optimistic but would be a cool reward for subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    PIXEL DANS walkthrough with Brandon Sopinsky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kKHLRf-fyk
    Ah hah, so Brandon confirms they can still go and do a "Full Filmation" Teela after the one in the Point Dread/Talon Fighter is released. Called it.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Anyone catch the sheepish grins they both got when discussing Silverhawks and Tigersharks.

There is so much going on this year that the whole 200X sub is mostly ignored…

Even in Pixel Dans walkthrough they were´t featured at all…!?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    And also said Snake Mountain price woluld be around $300!
    If so, there's no wonder they'd have to size it down in a significant way i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    Anyone catch the sheepish grins they both got when discussing Silverhawks and Tigersharks.
    Yeah, Silverhawks was definitely the next shelf to look at.

Yeah they have to make Anti He-man.

That would be a hell of an idea
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, it will be packed in with Snake Mountain. Have fun getting multiples of THAT :P

Weapons Pak?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Weapons Pak?
    That's a possibility but i'd expect a more commemorative/posthumous
    pack; in memory of Earl Noreem who passed away recently.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    There is so much going on this year that the whole 200X sub is mostly ignored…

Even in Pixel Dans walkthrough they were´t featured at all…!?
    Well, 200X got the full the spotlight during NYTF, and everything therefrom was already revealed and we're now merely seeing the production versions, which do not differ that much from the prototypes. So people are now focusing on the real new news (although we "knew" Point Dread and Snake Mountain were coming since before NYTF, but their official reveal was delayed till SDCC precisely in order not to take away the focus from 200X at Toy Fair).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Wow... Just Wow... kudos to Dan for asking the tough questions & hats off to Brandon for being so cool.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.26.15!!

MOTUC RECORD

MOTU ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 5 (2015)!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Weapons Pak?
    I don't see Mattel giving us more the we expected as part of the sub. We were told we are getting the snake form as subversive,my really don't think they'll throw in some extra weapons or accessories.

Best year of reveals yet! This was insane.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Thank you Dan, loved the walkthrough! This year was very confusing trying to easily figure out of all the reveals and details quickly in the middle of my work schedule but now your video lays it all out in detail.

Though Brandon did a superb job walking us through the reveals, I do have to say I tremendously miss Scott doing the walkthrough. Scott always gave deep insight into everything with little stories, tidbits and facts about the making of the figures and it was like he was sharing the 'inside story' with us on the line and what was to come. His passion was overflowing and his knowledge of the entire brand and lore was something he should be proud of.

This year was very straightforward... Product's on display - this is what's coming not much more detail unless Dan mined for it. Even on specifics on what is inside Snake Mountain were withheld simply because they do not want to show us things they have planned that might be cut. "They hope to get to everything they have planned." Smart move on Mattel's part but not as inclusive as Scott's previews.

Can't wait for 2016 and beyond!!!

Great walkthrough

One of the most interesting pieces of news is that the Laser variants do indeed light up... and they are part of the subscription. So I guess they no longer restrict sending electrical toys outside the USA anymore like they did with previous items?

Sounds like another 6 figure Collector's Choice sub is in the planning Hopefully to include Stridor, Dylamug, Granita, Hunga, King Miro, Lodar and perhaps another 2 NA characters. I'm thinking we got Night Stalker first because most of the subs characters uses shared parts so this is our unique tool paid for by the parts reuse. Releasing the less popular version first makes sense as folks will jump on Stridor later Then when Stridor is released it's just a repaint, which will then help pay for unique tooling for characters like Dylamug and Hunga. Makes complete sense!

I also loved hearing about the ThunderCats line and how they planned it out to go on for a few years and include as many characters as possible. I'm glad they won't burn through the main characters first. If your a ThunderCats fan, there is no excuse not to support the sub when it goes on sale.
    Last edited by blackiecats; July 12, 2015 at 11:30am.
    My top 10 characters: 10/Filmation Ram Man, 9/Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 8/Kothos, 7/Filmation Mer-Man, 6/Granita, 5/Filmation Leech, 4/Filmation Tung Lashor, 3/Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina), 2/Hunga the Harpy, 1/Dylamug.

- If I ever meet the Horsemen in person, I gotta thank them personally for the NA Thunder Punch He-Man sword and shield! That was just the perfect idea! I didn't feel that big of a need for the figure, but I LOVED those accessories.

- Dang, I was hoping to see Dare's new sword! They didn't take anything out of the case!

- I love that the Horsemen already had a Lion-O sculpted, when asked! They're like: "Yeah, oh yeah, already done. Sending it over."

- Perfuma looks a lot better in the video's lighting! Love the designs on the dress. Looks like the backpack attaches via a peg that looks about the size of a weapon handle, so I hope she can hold it like a friggin' Rose Bazooka.

- *sigh* So the Laser Lights actually light up. Ah well. He-Man's sword is WAY too huge, and Skeletor is losing his elbow joint. The reason I was looking forward to these was so I could have fully articulated versions of these guys. I mean, they still look awesome, but now they've got these features getting in the way of the sculpt.

...not that I'm singing doom and gloom entirely! I mean, I like light-up features, I just kinda wanted something different for these. The original LL He-Man's sword was kinda big, so I was looking forward to something a little more streamlined, but this is BIGGER, because of the electronics. The plain blue cord to his sword is kinda boring too, compared to the cool green one on the prototype. They should have kept it translucent - I mean, wires running through it would have looked cool, I think!

In the end, I'm so easy to please, that I'm sure I'll be fine with these once I get them in hand. Still, I can't help but feel like these would have been cooler with clip-on energy effects in place of light-up features that take away from the sculpt.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm betting Anti He-Man is the "chase" figure on the website next year. Seems like an obvious choice. One figure by itself, not mentioned for either sub.

I'm definitely not going to get Snake Mountain if they have another mini sub of Collector's Choice to make it a full year's worth of a subscription. That's just too much money. Mattel may have a better shot to sell more if they just stick to the one, 6 figure collection. With that being almost $300.....Snake Mountain alone ends up being the cost of a mini sub for the second half.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

No Thundercats Sub For Me Due To The 200x King Hsss Torso fiasco!

They pretty certain that the line will go on in 2017. I hope so. Can't wait
    My top 12....1 Kayo 2 Granitia 3 Lodar 4 Quake 5 Vizar 6 Staghorn 7 Spinwit 8 Lizzor 9 Artilla 10 Hoove 11 Nocturna 12 Drissi

Brandon is being VERY secretive about the King Hssss Snake Form
    I hope we are still getting it in 2015 like we were all promised last summer when we subscribed. I don't like all the secrets because they might try pushing it into 2016 which will really upset me. Were were told it was coming with a figure later in 2015 If you subscribe you are guaranteed to get it in your 2015 subscription so why all the smirks and being so hush hush about when it's coming and with who?
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN