Thread: Adam's MOTUC lineage: Grayskull AND He-Ro?

Widget

Adam's MOTUC lineage: Grayskull AND He-Ro?

Hey guys, this is probably something that's been answered hundreds of times but when I tried Google, the MOTU wikia keeps hitting me with Malware pop-ups. So here I am.

We know that in the vintage line, He-Man's ancestor is He-Ro. And in the MYP 200X series, it was King Grayskull. MOTUC seems to have kept both of these as far as I recall.

Since Grayskull and He-Ro were contemporaries, and we know at least Grayskull and Veena produced some unspecified offspring, has anyone ever mentioned whether He-Ro had a sweetheart of some sort that we never saw realized? I figure somewhere along the line, the descendants of both intermarried. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Palidor; July 15, 2017 at 08:28pm.

So from what we know from the dark horse comendium, Hera- which is the offspring of He-ro son and Grayskulls daughter, is related to adam and adora. The thing with it is He-ro was supposed to the king grayskull type character, but 200x changed it to make 2 characters.

Heroic Warrior
    So far we know that He-Ro had a son. We don't know his name or who his mother is. We know he had a daughter (He-Ra) with King Grayskull's daughter, whose name we also don't know. That much comes from the Dark Horse compendium. (However, since it wasn't officially published by Mattel or Super7 yet, they could still change it. But why would they?)
    The Ultimate He-Man bio confirms that, yes, both King Grayskull and He-Ro are Adam's ancestors. So, either He-Ra or a full sibling of her must be his ancestor, too.

The DC comics confuse things a little bit because they depict He-Ro as a son of King Grayskull... I kind of prefer that.

As far as I'm concerned, Miro, Randor, and Keldor all got the shaft when it came to inheriting the power of Grayskull.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

The reason why Adam and adora got the power of grayskull is because Marlena came from earth, the earth/ etertrian twins would inherit the power.

Heroic Warrior
    That Marlena came from earth has probably something to do with it, yes. Well, not in the MYP-Cartoon, of course, but in every other canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    That Marlena came from earth has probably something to do with it, yes. Well, not in the MYP-Cartoon, of course, but in every other canon.
    Well, in Classics it's specifically stated that that's why according to a prophecy (see the sixth mini-comic).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

since there are alot of cannons floating around I do not mind that through children having children both He Ro & Grayskull pass blood to the twins of power. I do not like He Ro being son of Grayskull.

I always prefered before they made it official that He Ro was the first hero of Eternia and that when he got old his protoge, Grayskull, took the mantel. Kind of like He Ro was Grayskull's Sorceress & Man at Arms combined.