Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dexter TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Two more seasons. I just heard on Howard 100 News that Showtime has signed on for two more seasons.
    Happy to hear that, hope we'll have Dexter around for a long time.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

That's good news but the "big bad" of this season has been a real let down. The rest of the season isn't too bad, but as soon as they go back to the villain, I lose interest.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I feel the same way about him, I think the main villain is too distant from Dexter, there's been no interaction between them so far and his crimes don't affect Dexter directly nor anyone he cares about. That surely will change eventually but half the season is gone and the character still doesn't feel like it matters at all in Dexter's life.

Still enjoying the series very much.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    I feel the same way about him, I think the main villain is too distant from Dexter, there's been no interaction between them so far and his crimes don't affect Dexter directly nor anyone he cares about. That surely will change eventually but half the season is gone and the character still doesn't feel like it matters at all in Dexter's life.

Still enjoying the series very much.
    I think it will tie in very directly to Dexter.

I'm convinced EJO has actually been dead for 3 years and he's just in Collin Hanks' head like Harry is in Dexter's. But Hanks doesn't realize he's dead.

If you look back at past episodes, no other character ever acknowledges EJO - even out in public with Hanks.

Yep, EJO has to be dead. He never interacts with ANYONE.

SOOO excited about two more seasons!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think it will tie in very directly to Dexter.

I'm convinced EJO has actually been dead for 3 years and he's just in Collin Hanks' head like Harry is in Dexter's. But Hanks doesn't realize he's dead.

If you look back at past episodes, no other character ever acknowledges EJO - even out in public with Hanks.
    That makes sense, I think you may be right about Olmos' character.

I know it's coming, but I just think it's taking too long for the main bad guys to become relevant in Dexter's life, to become something personal, threatening, urgent to deal with, not just another ordinary job to keep the dark passenger quiet. Their story running parallel for so long with almost no interaction with Dexter (one single short conversation with Travis, I think, so far) or with the main cast, gets kinda boring.

Just a few hours for the next episode!
    Rimbaud

Felt like filler tonight, setting up for the next episode. Not that it was bad.

Sounds like Mathews killed a hooker.

Interesting stuff between Dexter and Deb, hope it leads to Deb finding out in the finale about Dexter's dark passenger.

Is Quinn going to off himself by the end of the season? I thought he was fine last week.

They might be setting up a red herring with Gellar being real or not.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Digging up an old Dexter thread. I changed the name from "Dexter Season 6" to "Dexter TV Show".

I haven't watched the last season because it hasn't been available on iTunes yet. I just saw a headline that this upcoming season 8 will be the last season. Sounds like I'm going to lose Breaking Bad and Dexter at almost the same time and it makes me sad
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

You gotta see the last season. Epic stuff.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    For those like me waiting for Season 7 to hit iTunes it is there. I didn't care too much for season 6. I'm about 4 episodes into 7 and this one rocks!

Sad to hear next season is the last, but at least they will get to wrap it up.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Season 6 was absolute trash. The only halfway decent thing to come out of it was Deb learning Dex's secret. Season 7 was leaps & bounds better than 6, but I'm looking forward to the final season, if nothing else, so the show can go out before it becomes a complete waste of airtime. (After the amazing season 4, there's no way the show can get that awesome again without ending it and tying up all the loose ends)

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Rita was such an annoying character that in a way I wasn't bugged to see her killed off. Dexter got quite sloppy and paid for it, but I get the feeling so few people liked Rita they wrote her out to please fans. However, Dexter should have had good sense to either give his son up for adoption, knowing he can barely take care of him and could put him at risk(which did happen, AGAIN Dexter went into idiot mode), or I don't know, given up being a killer and wised up to be with what little family he had left. But this is a TV show and if this were real life, he'd have got caught long ago because he has bad habits of messing up.

I am at least thankful they tossed the novels out and went their own way... I've heard what the books did, with the dark passenger being some demon that he was possessed by and the cult that worships it, and the TV show was good not to even attempt that.

With the Arial Castro case though, I'd expect that the idea of a "seemingly normal person who is really a monster" thing might not be so marketable and Dexter coming to an end might be... I wonder if the last season might suffer thanks to defictionalization and reality. It makes me wonder if the ending won't be changed- they've hinted that Dexter could be arrested and executed and I would not be surprised to see that happen now.

Season 8 tonight!

Caught up to finishing season 7. If ever a show needs to go off in a bang, it's this one.

Snappy Threader
    Love this show. I am currently in Season 6 trying like mad to catch up. Love it. Best show ever in my opinion.