Thread: A short buck?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

A short buck?

Almost for the sake of argument - how close are the scales of Madame Razz, Gwildor, Odiphus and "Old Man" Marzo?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Eh....I don't know. You could probably pull off Old Man Marzo and Gwildor on the same buck, but Odiphus has fur...and Madam Razz has boobs.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I agree with DS that I am not sure those particular characters would be appropriate to share a common base body. Yes, they are all short, but save for MAYBE Marzo and Gwildor, that is where the similarities end.

I think skinny and a stout bases are much more requisite at this point.

Okay, I found some pictures of these guys! Odiphus is a pear shape, Gwildor is an oval, Old Man Marzo is built kind of frail (but MIGHT be able to pull off the Gwildor buck) and Madam Razz is a figure eight. Be that, a thick eight. So, I think they all might need unique bucks...except for maybe Marzo.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I don't think Odiphus would work but the other three can use the same buck it planned out well. You'd have to design it for Razz and the cover it up for all three with proper clothes/robes. Razz's boobs would only need to he sculpted into her unique outfit to slip over the generic buck.

How would people feel if old man Marzo used the same robe as Gwildor and only got a new head/feet and maybe hands? I don't mind getting Marzo but I don't really want to have to pay for a fully-tooled/full price figure to get it.

Excuse the poor paint skillz, but I think Odiphus can be adapted into another character...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Excuse the poor paint skillz, but I think Odiphus can be adapted into another character...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1312211577
    Oh yeah, Kowl, Kowla, Red Eye and Odiphus might be able to use to same torso!

Odiphus and Kowl could share base bucks...
    Old Man Marzo and Gwildor could share base bucks and arms
    Madame Razz needs abody of her own...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Eh....I don't know. You could probably pull off Old Man Marzo and Gwildor on the same buck, but Odiphus has fur...and Madam Razz has boobs.
    Depends - you only need a common system. For instance, Odiphus could have a "tunic" like the females/King Hsss/Optikk to give him fur on the body and just reuse the torso, pelvis and maybe thighs.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I could see Razz, Marzo, and possibly Odiphus sharing shoulder + upper arm pieces since they are around the same thickness. (unless they insist Odiphus has furry upper arms)

This thread is doing nothing but making me wish we already had Razz and Kowl.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

There's the size issue: Kowl is roughly the size of Orko... Old Man Marzo and Gwildor are taller and wider...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    There's the size issue: Kowl is roughly the size of Orko...
    Note that *I* didn't bring Kowl into it. And he's actually a fair bit smaller than Orko

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Note that *I* didn't bring Kowl into it. And he's actually a fair bit smaller than Orko
    I know, but Odiphus was bound to bring Kowl eventually and using Mattel's part-sharing credo those two are most likely to end up sharing bucks.

Old Man Marzo and Gwildor could share a lot of parts:
    Basic Torso, Arms, legs

The different parts would be:
    Gwildor's bandoliers, pouches, tools and jacket could be glued to the main tunic (Non-Removable)
    His "loincloth" would be different form Marzo's as well as his feet.

In Marzo's case is the cape and the darker piece on top of the basic tunic, "Loincloth" and the feet.

Movie mayhem!
    It really depends on how they do it. I mean clothing can always go over the buck to fill out the shape.