Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: German fansites fan choice selections

German fansites fan choice selections

Hordak.de has their choices in on who they are Voting on for the Fan Suggestion figure. they are

Batros

Callix

Celice

Ceratus

Dekker

Evil seed

Geldor

Green and Purple Mask of Power Demon

Huntra

Illumina

Lord Dactys

Octavia

Plundor

Prahvus

Slavemaster

Now some of these choices totally make sense, The demons, Slavemaster, Celice but others I dont understand why they are on the list. For example, Batros and Octavia. Now, since we have received the rights to create Filmation characters, Scott has said that they have their eye on about 20 or so characters that they have narrowed down as fan favorites, and I find it hard to believe that these 2 are not one this list, so why waste a slots on these 2. The same goes for Evil Seed and Prahvus in the 200x series, I mean there is not a ton of new characters to pull from, but again I feel that these will see the light of day at some point, so no need to use these slots for a vote where a lesser character might see the light of day. And I echo my opinion for Geldor as well, Not many choices for Mini Comic characters. I guess what i'm trying to get at in pointing this out is that this is our opportunity to have a character made that normally wouldn't see the light of day, so we should make every voting slot meaningful. What I actually think we should do is to anticipate who those characters who are part of that 20+ that Scott spoke of by putting that to a vote , as well as other mini factions such as mini comic characters, 200x characters, etc. That way we dont have characters fill in ballot slots that dont need to be there, give the real underdogs a chance to be made. I think the moderators would have to be in charge of all this, in order to run it the right way. I wonder what others have to say about this.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Hordak.de has their choices in on who they are Voting on for the Fan Suggestion figure. they are

Batros

Callix

Celice

Ceratus

Dekker

Evil seed

Geldor

Green and Purple Mask of Power Demon

Huntra

Illumina

Lord Dactys

Octavia

Plundor

Prahvus

Slavemaster

Now some of these choices totally make sense, The demons, Slavemaster, Celice but others I dont understand why they are on the list. For example, Batros and Octavia. Now, since we have received the rights to create Filmation characters, Scott has said that they have their eye on about 20 or so characters that they have narrowed down as fan favorites, and I find it hard to believe that these 2 are not one this list, so why waste a slots on these 2. The same goes for Evil Seed and Prahvus in the 200x series, I mean there is not a ton of new characters to pull from, but again I feel that these will see the light of day at some point, so no need to use these slots for a vote where a lesser character might see the light of day. And I echo my opinion for Geldor as well, Not many choices for Mini Comic characters. I guess what i'm trying to get at in pointing this out is that this is our opportunity to have a character made that normally wouldn't see the light of day, so we should make every voting slot meaningful. What I actually think we should do is to anticipate who those characters who are part of that 20+ that Scott spoke of by putting that to a vote , as well as other mini factions such as mini comic characters, 200x characters, etc. That way we dont have characters fill in ballot slots that dont need to be there, give the real underdogs a chance to be made. I think the moderators would have to be in charge of all this, in order to run it the right way. I wonder what others have to say about this.
    I always loved Celice since I was a kid. I actually NEVER saw the episode, only had images of her in a sticker /Paninni album thingy, and she was beautiful. I named countless characters in screenplays 'Celice'. I just WANT her in toy form!!!! Is there anyway we can vote on that website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I agree with Celice, Slavemaster, Geldor, and the like.

But Ceratus, Dactys, Batros, Evil Seed, Huntara, Octavia, and Plundor are not obscure. I'd also question Callix.

Dekker was even mentioned MAA bio and I'm sure is already slotted in.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I always loved Celice since I was a kid. I actually NEVER saw the episode, only had images of her in a sticker /Paninni album thingy, and she was beautiful. I named countless characters in screenplays 'Celice'. I just WANT her in toy form!!!! Is there anyway we can vote on that website?
    Celice would be my choice as well.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; November 16, 2011 at 07:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Octavia (and some of the others) being on the list worries me. We think/know Mattel has her planned already for somewhere in the line. If we ignor her as an option, does that nudge Mattel to push her further out (since Filmation is still being slotted in) because "fans didn't pick her in their voting"? It's a little extreme to worry about this but it still crosses my mind.

who's got the caring soul to put up pictures of these characters?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Octavia (and some of the others) being on the list worries me. We think/know Mattel has her planned already for somewhere in the line. If we ignor her as an option, does that nudge Mattel to push her further out (since Filmation is still being slotted in) because "fans didn't pick her in their voting"? It's a little extreme to worry about this but it still crosses my mind.
    I'm worried about the following:

- Batros
    - Evil Seed
    - Huntara
    - Octavia

Evil Seed was pretty much a main villain in MYP, shown numerous times. The rest of the characters have been wanted for YEARS. Octavia was named as one of the "big 20" Filmation characters by Mattel, right?

I thought this was supposed to be for 'who are they?' kind of characters. If (for example), Octavia gets on the list...this whole fan vote thing kind of goes away...since she's not really obscure. She was in multiple PoP episodes and has aquatic Horde Troopers...

I mean...I want all these characters I listed...but...they do not fit the "obscure" category, in my opinion.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I mean...I want all these characters I listed...but...they do not fit the "obscure" category, in my opinion.
    That's where I come down on it too. I want pretty much all those characters, but most of them are not obscure.

Dactyus and Evil Seed were major supporting characters. Huntara and Octavia are two of the main POP figures we want.

I'm not sure Callix fits in with the reuse requirement either.

Almost half of the characters are hardly obscure. Very weird choices. Octavia is on many top 10 lists. She's Filmations 3rd villain after Scorpia. Evil Seed is for me 200X most wanted character, after him comes Phravus and Dekker. Batros and Huntara are also on high demand.

They're not obscure to us, the fan community but to the casual MotUC buyer I'd say they are fairly obscure.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Batros, Callix, Ceratus, Dekker, Evil seed, Huntara, Lord Dactys, Octavia, Plundor, Prahvus

I thought these guys were coming in the line anyway since they are in so many lists and some characters were mentioned by Toyguru. If this is the case, I'll put the NA Scientists back on my list.

Celice, Geldor, Green and Purple Mask of Power Demon, Illumina, Slavemaster

Now these guys are the "iffy" ones.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Bah! I can't believe Celice made it but not Sybiline!!!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Bah! I can't believe Celice made it but not Sybiline!!!!
    Celice appears in a Filmation episode wtih Lizard Man and is the major guest star in one of the better known Filmation episodes due to it being on the home video release.

Not to trash them but most of that list really isn't the obscure choices that we need to use this chance on. Calix and Plundor are 2 of TG's favourites so it's just a matter of when they come out.

Great to see Illumina on there too though!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

That list < our list.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    That's where I come down on it too. I want pretty much all those characters, but most of them are not obscure.

Dactyus and Evil Seed were major supporting characters. Huntara and Octavia are two of the main POP figures we want.

I'm not sure Callix fits in with the reuse requirement either.
    Evil Seed is probably the only character I recognize immediately as 'not-obscure'. If I was a bigger PoP fan, I may know more about Octavia.... But as things stand, I really don't.

My definition of 'Obscure' would be anyone who only showed up ONCE.... and/or never did anything notable.

By that definition, ANY Filmation guest star is probably 'obscure'. Even if people remember what the character LOOKED like... odds are they can't rememmber what their name/powers were.

I remember Celice pretty well... but can't remember what she DID... other than get controled by skeletor that is

Batros LOOKS familiar (after google) but I had no idea that was his name...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    By that definition, ANY Filmation guest star is probably 'obscure'. Even if people remember what the character LOOKED like... odds are they can't remember what their name/powers were.
    That's true only so far though. Plundar, Evil Seed, and Batros are very well known and get mentioned in various Mattel interviews. Hence, not really that obscure in my opinion.

They're easily high up on the list of Filmation characters. But who really knows with Mattel?

Lord Dactys is a given now that his wings have been sculpted for Drageo Man.

Evil Seed gets mentioned by Mattel frequently.

Those guys/gals are almost certain to get a release. I'd consider a character obscure if they probably are not likely to get a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I remember Celice pretty well... but can't remember what she DID... other than get controled by skeletor that is
    Which is why she fits the definition of obscure. So would Illumina, the Slavemaster, or Negator.

But Huntara, Dactyus, Evil Seed, and Octavia? Hardly. They'll be coming eventually.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; November 16, 2011 at 09:49pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    That list < our list.
    Uki's talking smack! I never thought I would see the day.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I don't get the preference for non entity characters

I'd sooner see Batros, Huntara or Octavia be picked. Not something I have zero interest in buying

Hoping Huntara wins the vote
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    They're not obscure to us, the fan community but to the casual MotUC buyer I'd say they are fairly obscure.
    Once you get past the first couple of waves of original MOTU toys or Filmation cartoon characters, what you said is true for most characters already released in MOTUC.

One only has to be logical about it. If this line is in fact selling 15,000 to 20,000 units per figure a month, it's the lowest selling MOTU line in history. The 200x comic on average sold more copies per issue. So, that means it truly is a line for fans who really love these properties. How else can figures like Gygor, He-Ro and Optikk get lapped up and then sell out?

That's not a bad thing IMO. I'm glad us hardcore fans are getting something like MOTUC. But I don't think we should worry about casual people being turned off because I don't think there are many casual people buying MOTUC. If Mattel makes it and it's cool, it will sell. MOTUC has proven that month to month for three years now.

So the Org poll is currently not planned to have some of these characters on it. Some of them are characters repeatedly requested by fans over the years and then given a wink and a nod in Q&A answers.
    It'll depend on the final results after we review it with Scott.

One can never be certain how a poll will turn out. But if I had to call the results of the German poll, I say Evilseed will win this poll. And if I had to wager (no matter what may be said publicly to throw us off the trail), I bet Evilseed is already on the roll-out in the next few years.

I'm still unsure about how the poll works, though. Mattel is picking six slots and what is obscure to them may not be obscure to us. And for all we know, the six slots they pick are already character considerations for 2013 or 2014.

I hope that's not the case and the Mattel choices are in the true spirit of things with more obscure characters like Scrollos, General Sunder, Gray, Celice, etc! Because if their slots for the final poll are characters like Songster, Fang Man, Strongarm, Lizard Man, Scorpia and Shokoti...

Heck, what's obscure or not aside, there's still plenty of existing 80s MOTU and POP toys we are waiting for. I don't think it really matters how obscure the poll choices are. I really want Dragstor, Mosquitor, Spikor, Jitsu, etc. So you can slot pretty much any obscure figure around those figures. Toss in "random background guy" for all I care. As long as he's cool and surrounded that year by plenty of other cool characters, does it really matter? We buy them each month, no matter how much we may nit pick and debate stuff as fans.
    IMO, the true problem is there's not enough slots each month combined with disposable income for MOTUC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I don't get the preference for non entity characters

I'd sooner see Batros, Huntara or Octavia be picked. Not something I have zero interest in buying

Hoping Huntara wins the vote
    I'n not 100% sure I understand what you mean, but the reason I'm worried about Huntara, Octavia and Batros being on the list is because they are wildly popular, non-obscure characters.

This fan vote is for fan desired and obscure characters like:

- Goat Man
    - Songster
    - One shot Mini-Comics characters (Geldor, etc.)
    - U.K. comics characters (Scrollos, Crimson Fury, Count Sneer, etc.)
    - MVC characters (Might-Bite, Illumina, Aquarus, etc.)

and so on.

Characters fans want but might not be able to get made otherwise. Huntara, Octavia and Batros are surely coming without this contest. Mattel didn't gain Filmation rights to NOT make the most popular Filmation characters. Come on now.

EDIT: Wait a minute...

Isn't He-Man.de the site that gets to vote, not Hordak.de?

Yes, it's He-Man.de (with a few other German sites, including Hordak.de ):

http://www.he-man.de/forum/index.php...&topic=30057.0

Here's the English translation before the characters are listed:

Incredibly, nominated as many different characters in recent weeks that have earned it the opinion of the fans, the German "Fan's Choice figure" to be! Your creativity knew no limits - everything was there from cartoon to cartoon. ! From hundreds of submissions have now page across the sixteen most cited characters determined and the final German Voting has begun ? What is the Fan's Choice Figure Poll Mattel 2013 a so-called "Fan's Choice Figure" will produce - a character from any part the MOTU universe, which was chosen by the fans. This is on the San Diego Comic Con 2012, a total of eight figures presented selection of which is the # 1 chosen, which is then ultimately produced. Six of these eight characters are specified by Mattel. The seventh character is selected from the American fans on He-Man.org, and the eighth character may choose, according to Mattel USA, the German fans! And that is exactly what is currently on PlanetEternia.de, Hordak.de, and of course the MotUAllianz.com is also possible here! now vote for your favorites between 15.11 and 10.12.2011 has each of the four participating websites in Germany their most nominated characters submitted, from which subsequently determined in consultation with Mattel, the German "Top 16" was from which YOU can now choose a character! We've put together a small list of characters (in alphabetical order)
    after the characters are listed:

Voting is possible until 10.12.2011 on all participating sites. The number of voices per character will be added after the deadline in order to determine the ultimate winner. If there is no clear winner, it may occur between the treated again to a post-voting. Although, of course, some fans on several or all participating sites on one account, we appeal to this point in the honesty only one of the websites their agree to forgive. Thank you very much. In this sense, a lot of fun in your vote!
    PlanetEternia.de/motuallianz/Hordak.de so far (I think He-Man.de results are hidden if you are not a registered user):

Batros: 12/0/1 [13 total]

Callix: 24/0/3 [27 total]

Celice: 8/1/2 [11 total]

Ceratus: 2/1/0 [3 total]

Dekker: 9/1/0 [10 total]

Evil seed: 28/3/3 [34 total]

Geldor: 39/0/3 [42 total]

Green Demon of the mini-comics "Masks of Power": 35/1/4 [40 total]

Huntara: 8/0/2 [10 total]

Illumina: 37/2/4 [43 total]

Lord Dactys: 7/3/1 [11 total]

Octavia: 7/0/6 [13 total]

Plundor: 21/0/3 [24 total]

Prahvus: 2/0/2 [4 total]

Slavemaster: 1/0/0 [1 total]

Purple/Red Demon of the mini-comics "Masks of Power": 7/2/0 [9 total]

http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...D=1;votID=1400

http://motuallianz.forumieren.com/t2...-choice-figure

http://www.hordak.de/forum/thread.ph...=1&preresult=1

From the 3/4 sites I can see...it looks like it's Illumina vs. Geldor at #1 spot followed close by the Green demon from the Masks of Power. The Purple Demon from the same book is near the bottom though, ironically.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; November 17, 2011 at 01:18am.

Wow, I'm wrong thus far about Evilseed! But I love my German brothers and sisters even more now!

A dream of mine would be to see the 1st place winner at the Org (if it doesn't win on the Matty poll) be an Org exclusive,
    and the same for the Germany sites: their top placed characters (if they don't win on the Matty poll) be exclusives at each of the German fan sites for any site willing to buy in at Mattel's quantities/prices for that figure.

Zero risk for Mattel, and a great way to reward the fan sites for characters that might not be on the burner for a while.

And heck, go a step further.
    After the above, then do a poll where each major toy site and MOTU/POP fan site picks all of the choices for a Matty poll (AKA: Org, Fwoosh, TNI, Planet Eternia, etc). That way you cover all bases, the official Matty winner is in the subscription fig, and divvy up exclusives again based on top runners on each site poll for any site willing to buy in to an exclusive at Mattel's quantities/prices.
    Talk about a win/win!

He-Man.de are now the only votes I cannot see. I keep trying to register over the years and I never ever hear back. I tried again, so...hopefully someone over at He-Man.de approves me this time!

I need to see all the votes!

So how will Scott explain away the possibility of both The Org and He-Man.de choosing Illumina?

Two slots for Illumina?

He'll stack the deck with "obscure " characters like Icer, Sweet Bee, Octavia, Sea Hawk, Geldor, etc.

Oh this is gonna get ugly
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

From that list I'd vote for Illuminia because my guess is that the other characters I'm interested in, Dekker, Lord Dactys and Prahvus are all already slotted in.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So how will Scott explain away the possibility of both The Org and He-Man.de choosing Illumina?

Two slots for Illumina?
    I think if both choose Illumina, one site will have to choose the character with the 2nd highest number of votes.