Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattel to release ALL THREE parts of new mini comic in 2015! SUB UP NOW!

Mattel to release ALL THREE parts of new mini comic in 2015! SUB UP NOW!

Awesome news from Mattel:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...nly/#more-5198

We are going to get all three parts of the "Fall of Eternia" mini comic with our 2015 subs if the sub goes through!

Mini Comics

2015 wraps up the vintage figures, but what about the mini comics? We won’t leave fans hanging! We’ll wrap up “The Fall of Eternia” storyline in 2015.

“The Fall of Eternia: Homecoming!” Part 1 ships with the club-exclusive figure, Oo-Larr®.
    Parts 2 and 3 will ship with the club holiday item. (Check out our “Behind the Designs” story.)

This is it. One more chance to move the meter. Subscriptions open Friday, 8/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT through Monday, 8/25 at 11:59 PT.
    Everyone, sub up now!

Sorry if this has been posted before
    Awesome sticker included!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Which could also mean, they've given up the idea of moving forward with the brand (2016...) well,
    at this stage anyway.

Well, they are certainly hedging their bets, regardless!

It may mean the end of all He-Man, or 2016 could have "The Restoration of Eternia."

Sounds like a 2-Pack. 2 comics, 2 Figures. I guess its a He-Man/Skeletor two pack with these mini comics. Maybe the laser lights!? Would be a great Set to close the MotUC at the end of 2015

I am glad we will get more mini-comics that's for sure. Concerns me about a potential 2016 but let's shelve that worry for now and focus on the good news.

2015 should be an amazing year - I really hope we make it.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    The two comics are not a reflection of now many figures are or are not in the 60.00 item and also don't nececerily reflect an attitude toward 2016 other than giving us a potential clean slate to work from (ie a potential 2016 mini does not have to pick up or continue a story started in the "classics" run. 2016 (if it happens) would be in every way, a clean slate without any outstanding obligations such as finishing the vintage line or the classics mini stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The two comics are not a reflection of now many figures are or are not in the 60.00 item and also don't nececerily reflect an attitude toward 2016 other than giving us a potential clean slate to work from (ie a potential 2016 mini does not have to pick up or continue a story started in the "classics" run. 2016 (if it happens) would be in every way, a clean slate without any outstanding obligations such as finishing the vintage line or the classics mini stories.
    Good, maybe a Filmation Evil Lyn or Teela for 2016?

Great to hear Scott, thanks for chiming in.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

If there was to be an opportunity for a 2016 mini-comic, I would be happy for a stand alone story expanding on the creation of the Eternia Towers during the Preternia 'truce' or alternatively the building of Castle Grayskull as the fortress of mystery and power and focal point for the powers of the universe.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

That's awesome. I was worried that we would be left hanging with only 1 of the mini comics.

Also hope 2016 happens.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Thank you for the clarification. I'm looking forward to getting these mini comics!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Good news! Glad we'll get the whole story! Well...all or nothing anyway. ...

I already bought 2 subs and unfortunately I cant aford more

I'm glad this got posted. Adding the extra two mini comics is a great added incentive, and was hoping it would be reported here this weekend (I was about to if it hadn't already).
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Sounds like a 2-Pack. 2 comics, 2 Figures. I guess its a He-Man/Skeletor two pack with these mini comics. Maybe the laser lights!? Would be a great Set to close the MotUC at the end of 2015
    As soon as I read that the final mini comics will come with the holiday item ($60) I immediately thought of the Laser He-Man and Skeletor variants If they are definitely the holiday item it will be interesting how they are handled. Does that mean they won't have electronics? Can you ship toys with electric parts overseas so long as they DON'T contain batteries? (I'm sure that's what I was told here in the UK at the post office...)

- - - Updated - - -

Scott, I have a question which I'm hoping you can answer since the Laser variants are coming next year (if the sub makes it), would Mattel ship figures with electric parts to overseas customers or are there US restrictions on this (regardless of whether they contain batteries or not?) Actually this is more of a general question I guess, so hopefully you can answer
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Now release an extra Modulok leg with Multi-Bot so people can make a Filmation Modulok.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I'm glad to here we'll have a complete new story arch.

If they moved some things around, good to know they thought about keeping the story complete. It does seem like something was shifted for an item to have two comics.

I have divided anticipation on the holiday item. Could be a couple of figures, and that makes good sense. Or, they could capitalize and send Classics out with a bang, and to insure it's success, double down on the comic.

Hoping for the bigger unexpected item of course.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "Ooooh, that's one hell of an incentive..." thinks an undecided fan on the fence who could care less about MOTUC canon.

TG. I think you place much greater value upon Classics canon than the majority of the fans do. Did most fans REALLY need the Unnamed One and his bio to fill out gaps in the story? I'm just skeptical that getting more mini-comics to an "iffy" canon is really going to sell more subscriptions.

I think offering an exclusive Filmation Hordak head and cowl might have been a much better incentive for fans to subscribe. Or another Imp transformation. Or another Modulok leg to make Filmation Modulok...or possibly a repainted Modulok torso in Filmation colors.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Thank you for the clarification. I know this sounds strange, but I was actually less inclined to sub for 2015 when I heard the line was ending. It is nice to know that 2016 is still on the table.

Looking forward to having the sub go through and getting the mini comics.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I personally love the mini-comics, so the fact that we'd be getting all three in 2015 is exciting news! Besides the figures they come with I consider them a really nice way to harken back to the vintage line. I can recall many a night falling asleep while reading and re-reading them- pouring over the artwork and enjoying the little mini slices of MOTU.

C'mon ya'll, if you've not bought a 2015 sub yet this is the time!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of the new mini comics, I find them fun, so I'm glad we're getting all 3 in 2015.

Sadly I'm not sure that I can buy a 3rd sub, it's just too much money and I have plans for next year which require extra money.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

We're not getting three in 2015, we are getting two. We got the first one this last March.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    We're not getting three in 2015, we are getting two. We got the first one this last March.
    No, you're mistaken. Part one comes with Oo-larr.

Then we're getting a retread of mArch's comic, which was labeled "Part One?"

(edit) wait, no, this last comic was not part one. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Then we're getting a retread of mArch's comic, which was labeled "Part One?"

(edit) wait, no, this last comic was not part one. Sorry.
    Different story, Rid. The part 1 that comes with Oo-Lar is a different story arc entirely -- Part 1 of 3 (Fall of Eternia).

EDIT: NVM, looks like you caught your error. Sorry for the "told you so".
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!