Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Matty Video For Q4 2014 MOTUC Figures

New Matty Video For Q4 2014 MOTUC Figures

Shows off some close-to-final versions of Q4 figures.

Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I know he has to say that he's based on the vintage toy for copyright reasons, but that Gwildor is based in his film look!

Which is a good thing
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I'm surprised he didn't grab Battle Ram and Arrow boxes behind him and show them off as well!
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

His videos are getting much better. More close ups, better image etc.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I wish I could get a Spinnerella figure now to use for a project. December is too far away.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

What colour is Spinnerella's dress cast in if the entire thing is painted on both sides?

Cool video.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Does anybody knows how much Arrow will be?

I think the "prototype" cosmic key is based on the toy that was never released, not the movie or anything: http://www.he-man.org/collecting/pro...em.php?id=2023
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Good video. All coming along very well. Very happy with everything. Since Spinnerella is kinda a non entity to me I dont know how I want to display her hair, but boy how cool is it that I get to choose? Awesome.

I got no complaints. I'm actually pretty happy that the Mermista stand is "Clear" (though I know it's going to be pretty much foggy like those "Clear" Flight Stands) instead of what I recall as the same colour of her tail. I like the difference in colour for the stand to help the tail stand out from the stand.

Glad that Gwildor's head at least is totally Movie Look. Maybe his costume is coloured like the toy, and it obviously is. Maybe the costume didnt look this much like the MOTUC one but the toy's costume design if not colour looks movie to me. Gwildor looks great in any case. I am very happy with him. Going to add him & Lizard Man to the Royal Family shelf. To have a filmation & Movie character with the other MOTU Characters for the heroes too...just so good.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    All shown figures look really amazing! Just can't wait for Tung Lashor.
    Gwildor's going to stand right next to King He-Man, Spector and Co.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Cool video.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Awesome Video!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Warrior
    lol Kind of funny how he said the last Snake Man will probably be coming in 2015. He darn well better! I still need to finish painting one of my Snake Army guys so poor King Hssss will have a few more minions to boss around....really hoping they do something in 2016 so the Snake Men can get some more love....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Am I the only one who couldn't take their eyes off The Battle Ram the whole time?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    lol Kind of funny how he said the last Snake Man will probably be coming in 2015. He darn well better! I still need to finish painting one of my Snake Army guys so poor King Hssss will have a few more minions to boss around....really hoping they do something in 2016 so the Snake Men can get some more love....
    Interesting that TG said that only 1 more snakeman left considering alot of fans are divided over which faction blast attack belongs too, for me im hoping his bio may include both sides to keep most fans happy but more for the snakemen.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool. I am looking forward to the 2015 second quarter reveals.

That was a great video and very informative!

All the upcoming figures look great and i love that there is something for everyone in there. Vintage, new/NA, MOTU and POP
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Very cool video, well done Scott!
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Visit my website for handmade Scenery, Statues & More! CUSTOMSCENERY.NL

Great look at the standard figure. I do wish Gwildor had come with a bucket of chicken & ribs and his grapple, instead of the second cosmic key, but that's just a nitpick. They all look really great.

Now... we need reveals.

I noticed an interesting thing.
    The hair on the loose Spinnerella is different than the hair for the packaged one. The packaged Spinnerella has long hair to her shoulders (like the prototype).
    The loose one has this not... I hope the final figure is the packaged one... the hair looks much better there. But both versions looks great.

Packaged figure with long hair to her shoulders:

Loose Spinnerella:

Last edited by Firesoullove; October 7, 2014 at 06:54am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Great look at the standard figure. I do wish Gwildor had come with a bucket of chicken & ribs and his grapple, instead of the second cosmic key, but that's just a nitpick. They all look really great.

Now... we need reveals.
    I know...I was thinking "Why do we need that huge cosmic key? We already have one with Preternia Disguise He-Man, IIRC? And Gwildor is coming with the other key, so canonically there are two ("The little fool has another key!").

The grapple would have been great. If Gwildor was an SDCC exclusive, maybe the bucket of ribs too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Scott said "We only have one shot at Gwildor, and we wanted to get him right".

If only that approach was taken towards...the collection as a whole. Gwildor was where they re-focused their efforts? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post

Now... we need reveals.
    Totally agree. All these reveals look great, but I'd trade that giant third cosmic key for the bucket of chicken and ribs in a second. Who the heck needs another huge cosmic key?
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Totally agree. All these reveals look great, but I'd trade that giant third cosmic key for the bucket of chicken and ribs in a second. Who the heck needs another huge cosmic key?
    This !!! This figure can't decentely be offered without it...his own trademark.
    BTW, where's the cow gone ??