Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Plea to Mattel - Please Fix Swift Wind/Spirit!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think DisneyBoy is better off campaigning for a separate Spirit figure than to change the existing one. They aren't resculpting anything, so you might as well try for the next go around.
    Totally agree Max, Id be 90% certain that TG and Co have already decided to make a stand alone 'Normal' horse figure. A lot of people seem to want a horse for Teela as well.

with the announcement that the line is expected to last until 2020 and beyond, Its a safe bet that they are relying on the cartoon figures padding it out....including Horses!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Cos filmation were *****!IMO

I gave my opinion, and I am one of those annoying people who thinks that the whole 'Adam/Heman,Battle cat/whiny annoying cat' thing is a crock! always have...always will! IMO
    That's as maybe, but:
    1) The vintage toy Swiftwind's toy tagline was "Beautiful horse Spirit... becomes Swiftwind". Not exclusive to Filmation, therefore.
    2) Cringer also predates Filmation.

Please dont question MY opinions. you dont like em... Put me on ignore...and I'll do the same for you! Cheers!
    That's ridiculous. Opinions SHOULD be challenged, otherwise people end up in echo-silos, never taking notice of the fact there are other opinions at all.

Yup! and based on Panthors Head sculpt, and all of Megators new parts, I dont foresee the horses all being identical!

Though I DO want them to all have wings like the Vintage versions, I would Love 'Storm' to have bat like wings, similar to the Thestrals in Harry potter!
    oh yeah, like those gray bat winged horses that were in the she-ra episode.. ergh.. name escapes me .. but there were skeleton warriors riding them..

that's what Storm should look like

If Mattel made their MOTUC Battle-cat unable to remove his face mask, but in all other respects exactly like the vintage one, I think you MOTU fans would be voicing similar concerns.

So, please, if you'd like to see Mattel reconsider their stance on this horse being "done", please add you voice to mine

Quote Originally Posted by starlioness View Post
    oh yeah, like those gray bat winged horses that were in the she-ra episode.. ergh.. name escapes me .. but there were skeleton warriors riding them..

that's what Storm should look like
    Exactly! I understand if He/she wontt have em cos thats not the vintage style, but I remember Reading that Harry book (was it Phoenix??) and thinking thats what Storm could be.

makes sense that a world with Herds of Pegasus's (any one know the plural?) could have a moe 'feral/dark magic breed as well.

[/CENTER]

I just want a customizer to design some plugs and sell them to fill in the wing holes. This is legal to do and does not infringe on any copyrights. If Mattel won't do it, the fans should. I still think there is more to swift wind than we have seen. Maybe another seeeeecret.
    Last edited by Lookie; November 21, 2011 at 12:52pm.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Arrow is Blue. Seeing as Mattel uses the sub-headers for all the characters in this line, going with Filmation Arrow wouldn't make sense...because his mentions his colour.
    Amen! I want a Vintage toy Arrow!

...though I wonder if that doesn't take away from Swifty, having Arrow and Storm as pegasi...? Still, I like the Vintage horses more than the Filmation versions.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I don't mind if Swift Wind doesn't transform into Spirit, as long as they eventually make a separate Spirit I'm definitely buying him.

I'm just glad Swift Wind isn't based on the ****** vintage doll line, he looks great in Filmation colors
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

I just want them to avoid gluing the neck piece on if it's seperate during production! The holes I can live with.

As for Spirit's head dress, we can always get that with Arrow, since he wears a similiar one to Spirit in the cartoon.

I for one am fine with getting a separate Spirit because I was going to buy two Swiftys to display one each way so it's $30 either way this way we can have a really great Spirit and a really great Swift Wind as well!

Exactly! I understand if He/she wontt have em cos thats not the vintage style, but I remember Reading that Harry book (was it Phoenix??) and thinking thats what Storm could be. makes sense that a world with Herds of Pegasus's (any one know the plural?) could have a moe 'feral/dark magic breed as well.
    I think theyr'e called pegasi, have n
    o idea about S.W alicorn or unipeg? I wonder what gender storm is. I thought male but not sure now Wonder
    if we'll see clawdeen first since he'S in the toon

Quote Originally Posted by starlioness View Post
    I think theyr'e called pegasi, have n
    o idea about S.W alicorn or unipeg? I wonder what gender storm is. I thought male but not sure now Wonder
    if we'll see clawdeen first since he'S in the toon
    wasnt Storm in the Toon? what gendr voice did Clawdeen have?

[/CENTER]

Guys, can we please discuss this like adults without little stabs at eachother and without fighting?

Thanks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    wasnt Storm in the Toon? what gendr voice did Clawdeen have?
    Sampled male lion's roar, IIRC.

ETA: Here's what Filmation Clawdeen looked like. Still pink, but no simpering grin or permed mane:
    Last edited by Reboot; August 6, 2011 at 02:23pm.

Yeesh, I forgot that I started this thread! Sorry for being redundant then...

Mattel - we really need a Spirit figure. Give him a "relaxed" mane, that lovely crown piece, and maybe another saddle with stirrups.

Pack him with an Adora 2.0 (with straighter neck/head, twist waist and proper panties) and we'll be very very happy.

I've no doubt they can do an amazing Spirit figure off of this buck.

I'm totally impressed with Swift Wind!

Best articulated horse toy I've ever seen.
    The only critique I'd have is a greater range of motion on the front legs to get a tighter "curl" when bringing the front legs up in a running or bucking pose.

Bring on more horses!!!
    ESPECIALLY Teela's Unicorn, Charger.

<----- says the guy that grew up riding horses.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

If we do get Arrow then he had better be in Filmation colors. They set a precedent with Swifty being in Filmation colors (and pretty much all the POP so far emulating their Filmation version). As much as I like the vintage blue Arrow, the Filmation version will contrast Swifty much better.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    If we do get Arrow then he had better be in Filmation colors. They set a precedent with Swifty being in Filmation colors (and pretty much all the POP so far emulating their Filmation version). As much as I like the vintage blue Arrow, the Filmation version will contrast Swifty much better.
    FRIENDLY disagreement:

NO!!!

The toy version with the blue coloring, the dark blue hair, the red/gold/blue wings, and gold saddle would look awesome with Bow...

See, I think they made Bow as the perfect combo, and I use the toy head because Bow was probably my least favorite Filmation character among the A/B listers.

Plus, if they make Teela's unicorn, then it would look far too similar to Filmation Arrow (basically the same coat color... or at least VERY close).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think I'm going to have to scan the picture of Arrow in toy colours, but Filmation design...

He appears like that in the UK Annual.

He is Bow's true BLUE friend, after all.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah