Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Octavia vs Horde Octopus Woman.

Octavia vs Horde Octopus Woman.

When we all theorized that filmation rights were a lock, I was excited that Octavia was a possible release, as I really want the Horde to live up to their name, looking at the original concept for Octavia, the Mattel designed Octopus Woman, I'm a little torn. I kind of like that design BETTER than Octavia, but because she was in the toon, I want octavia more. would it be too redundant to do both? who do you prefer??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Sounds good to me!

Give us Octavia and create a new character based around the Octopus woman such as Kalamara: Evil Space Mutant Tentacled Temptress of Terror!

Or something.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Give us Octavia and create a new character based around the Octopus woman such as Kalamara: Evil Space Mutant Tentacled Temptress of Terror!

Or something.
    Exactly! They're too different to be the same characters, and I want both. The tentacles on Octopus Woman are thicker and kinda gross, and that's part of what I love about that design. heheh
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 5, 2011 at 11:37am.

I would go for just Octavia but I need a picture of mattel's design to refresh my mind.

I would like to get both but I think Octavia for me is a must, she was one of the coolest designs in She-Ra and along with Scorpia needs to be bumped up in priority for the Horde.

But I think Octopus Woman would be a nice addition in the same vein we got Vikor and Demo-Man. Concept characters end up being awesome once you hold them in your hands i feel Octopus Woman would not be any different, a lot of people would probably warm up to her.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wait, have we seen Octipuss Woman? Can someone post a link?

They could make her a generic henchman to Octavia sense she doesnt already have a back story.

Also, does Mattel have the rights to Octipuss Woman? If Mattel doesnt have the original artwork, didn't Scott basically say they can't do concept characters?

Quote Originally Posted by The Horrorist View Post
    I would go for just Octavia but I need a picture of mattel's design to refresh my mind.

if i had to choose i'd go with octavia because she is an official and named character, but i love the original design, as tallstar said the grotesque factor is kind of appealing!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Is there a link to look at for the Octopus Woman? I want to see her before making a judgement. My gut tells me two of the same concept could be redundant however I would rather see both designs before making an assumption.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Is there a link to look at for the Octopus Woman? I want to see her before making a judgement. My gut tells me two of the same concept could be redundant however I would rather see both designs before making an assumption.
    See above post by Krosfyah

And for those who might have forget how awesome Octavia is

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

After seeing the Octopus Woman design, it's Octavia for me all the way.

Snappy Threader
    I want both. They are both too cool to just do one.

With Shadow Weaver on the horizon Octavia is my #1 MUST HAVE from FILMation. I love the idea of making Octopus Woman a Space Mutant, they could use another female.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Is that a concept for Evilseed?

It looks like a plant with a venus fly trap on him.

I want the toon Octavia. She is one of my most desired figures, behind the fully articulated and proper Cringer. I just love how the color design on her works.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Thanks for the images! I still like the toon version better. I think she would be an awesome MOTUC figure and would scoop her up fast. I would rather just have Octavia and not the prototype version so she feels unique.

I love how the Horde is really the most equal opportunity employer there is. When I think about it Skeletor only has Evil-Lyn and the Masters only have Teela, the Sorceress and Marlena as regulars while the Rebellion only really has Bow and is mostly female. I am of course only counting the regulars so the Red Knight and other randoms don't count.

The Horde females are all pretty darn awesome and will look good on the shelf to bolster the ranks.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

The Octopus woman is pretty cool looking, but I prefer Octavia. I think I'd buy both if they were offered, though.

The Rebellion also had Kowl, Broom, Seahawk, and Snout Spout.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    The Octopus woman is pretty cool looking, but I prefer Octavia. I think I'd buy both if they were offered, though.
    This is how I feel as well. Although I'm a sucker for anything Horde. I'm REALLLLLY hoping one of the new figures we get next year are Horde.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'd take both! Can they do that concept since the Power and Honor cats have it?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I definitely want toon Octavia first, but I would also be up for the Octavia concept.

I think they could put both designs together.

I love Octavias face, earfins and hair.

The Horde Octopus Womans scaley skin looks great.

So maybe they can take the best parts and combine them for a perfect Octavia.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    In this situation, I would get the 4H and let them loose.

I would go for the Octavia design, but I would get the 4H to kick her up a notch. As she is in the cartoon, she's really boring. I'm sure the 4H can do something good with her.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

The more we talk about her the more I want her!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Thanks guys for the pictures of both characters. But I truly prefer a pure Filmation Octavia only. I love her design, colours and tentacles. To make Octopus Woman would take her unique status away since they both belong to the horde.

Both please. Gee, that was easy, LOL.