Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POP Horses Official Speculation/Discussion Thread

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

POP Horses Official Speculation/Discussion Thread

The horses of POP are going to be re-used over and over again, but they donīt have any accesories (except Swiftwind that have a helmet and armor).

In order to avoid getting the same sculpt , what special bonus must include each figure?

- Arrow - Quiver with different arrows (1 long for the Bow action figure)
    - Storm - Catbirds
    - Sundancer - Jewelstar "jewel form"
    - Moonbeam - Crystal Sword of Protection and Crystal Shield
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; August 5, 2011 at 01:51pm.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Snappy Threader
    Those are great ideas, outside of Arrow coming with Kowl and Storm coming with Catra in cat form, I can't think of any "accessory" type add-ins that could rival your ideas.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Those are some cool exceptions.

When they do start making additional horses, though, I expect that they will at least change the mane and tails ont hem. Possibly even completely different head sculpts, like they did with Panthor.

And I do hope we still get wings with all of them, since all of the old toys had wings.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Those are some cool exceptions.

When they do start making additional horses, though, I expect that they will at least change the mane and tails ont hem. Possibly even completely different head sculpts, like they did with Panthor.

And I do hope we still get wings with all of them, since all of the old toys had wings.
    I can see different heads (its a great idea), like BC and Panthor, but even Panthor got a bonus accesory never seen before.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I don't have any ideas for accessories, thus I'm not really bringing anything to the conversation. But I just wanna say my five year old niece is desperate for Crystal Sundancer and Crystal Moonbeam. She's wanted the originals ever since she saw me looking at them on eBay.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    IF they go with Filmation's version of Arrow (I prefer the toy), he needs a new mane for sure. All the other horses can share the same head/mane and tail (as long as nothing's crazy windblown or anything).

I think new accessories are a much cooler idea. I would just hate to see tooling money go to make slight/almost unnoticeable changes to the face, mane and tail whereas the money could go towards more accessories, extra heads, new body parts for other characters that need it, etc.

- Arrow: 4 new arrows for Bow
    - Storm: 4 of Catra's catbirds (different colours, same sculpt is fine)
    - Crystal Sundancer: SweetBee's helmeted head from Filmation
    - Crystal Moonbeam: Jewelstar's jeweled form

Then there are the variants:

- Crystal Swiftwind: Crystal Sword of Protection and shield

The last two have enough new pieces to not come with extras:

- Royal Swiftwind
    - Silver Storm
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    nice ideas: different heads/mane/tale are a must.

i also like all the suggestions for the extra accessories, i'd just add a smaller horde crossbow for catra (storm) and a hook on the saddle to store bow's harp (arrow).

They only two I'd be interested in is Storm and Arrow. I'd like Storm in gray/silver, not white and and Arrow in the Filmation brown, not blue. As others have said a different head/mane/tale are a must and Storm coming with Catra in cat form and Arrow with Kowl would be great packins and give more people like myself, who aren't overly fussed about more horses, further incentive to buy them. I'd also like Storm to come with a normal black, non-comb whip for Catra.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I hate to say it...but the rest of the horses are a pass for me...(aside for Arrow...maybe). I also fear that we're going to get bombed with horses now that the tooling has been done.

Unless they are each unique (in more than a mane and tail), it'll look like I'm collecting horses and not MOTUC.

I'm happy with Swiftwind being a unique "being" in my MOTUC (That being said, if Arrow wasn't a Pegasus...I'd be happier...because Swifty would be unique.)

Heroic Warrior
    Making all of those horses, I'm sorry to say, is probably a quick way to doom the entire line. I don't think that there are enough fans that really want them. Heck, I'll probably get everything released, and I am not sure I even want them all.

I could see them releasing only the ones that also appeared in the cartoon, which would leave us what, with Arrow?

If Matty does try to release them all, they are going to have to pair them with unique figures and/or accessory pieces to make people want to buy them. And even then fans will complain that the only way to get figure or accessory X is to spend $30 on a horse.

Hopefully Matty realizes that the market for all those horses is not very big. Maybe they can do Spirit and Arrow, but, unfortunately or not, I just don't see much real demand for the rest of them.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I would be content with Swift Wind and Arrow and maybe Spirit.
    Any more than those three would take up too much space for me
    along with too much toy budget money I rather spend on other things.

I really hope we won't see a fast release of all the POP horses.
    Out of all the horses, Arrow will most likely sell and maybe Spirit, but the other horses would be "shelfwarmers" because they are not as well known.
    Mattel can push them onto people with club Eternia, which in turn will make people want to quit club Eternia the following year...

The best way imo would be to release a POP horse every other year into club Eternia. It will take awhile this way, but seeing as how there is a roadmap that goes into 2020 this would probably be the best way to see all of the horses released without getting a lot of very angry subscribers who rather quit the sub instead of being forced to buy a lot of things they don't want in a short period of time.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Just went browsing through the PoP archives and Wow! The horses really look different from the cartoon versions. Arrow being the biggest difference. Even though the metalic blue does look good, I think the toon version looks way better for Bow. Plus the toon version has that strappy thing on his hind quarters, which would be a great addition.

What's the majority of the PoP fan base's preference of opinion on the variants we recieve? Filmation, or toy version. I got to say I'm all for the Filmation versions from what I've seen. Not that the toy versions don't look cool, I just don't really like the idea of every single horse in the canon being able to fly, as the toy versions all have wings. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I also fear that we're going to get bombed with horses now that the tooling has been done.
    The same way we got bombed with giant felines?
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

i would like Arrow to have a clip to hold Bow's harp and bow

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I DEFINITELY want Crytal Moonbeam and Sundancer.

Sundancer appeared in the Filmation cartoon as a Space horse with some serious powers.

As for Arrow, I prefer the blue Pegasus. I never understood why they chose to make him brown in the cartoon.

If they did a combo-design, as they did for Bow, I'd be ok with that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

so are we still getting Clawdeen then? you'd think she'd be next after the cats and Swift Wind.. or I guess Kowl would be next.. hmm..

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I don't see why not. Bow's steed would be the obvious choice. I would also like to see Teela's golden unicorn steed.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Here's a Good Idea!

Each set includes:

A) Horse
    B) Small character
    C) A "Mystery" Vintage Fashion (keep the accessory items a secret extra)

Example:

STORM w/ IMP & Catra accessory pack (veils of mystery?)
    ARROW w/ KOWL & male twigget.
    MOONBEAM w/ GIRL TWIGGET & accessory pack.

Etc, etc, etc...

There were several horses (super easy money-maker for the MOTUC line), plus more than several diminutive characters (7 twiggets, Imp, Kowl, Lookee, etc), and several "accessory" packs. The only ill-fitting set would be Bow's horse w/ Kowl. Bow would get teased for having one of She-Ra's fashion packs in his set. But, that's when they could break out Lookee, or one of those male twiggets as the third item! And/or, they could give some lancing weapons or just swords for pack ins....

POP fans would love it. POP haters could steer clear if they wanted. Honestly, I haven't seen that many non-POP fans say they are itching for any of the small characters, etc. And if they did, they would probably only want Kowl and Arrow.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; August 5, 2011 at 10:43pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The horses of POP are going to be re-used over and over again, but they donīt have any accesories (except Swiftwind that have a helmet and armor).

In order to avoid getting the same sculpt , what special bonus must include each figure?

- Arrow - Quiver with different arrows (1 long for the Bow action figure)
    - Storm - Catbirds
    - Sundancer - Jewelstar "jewel form"
    - Moonbeam - Crystal Sword of Protection and Crystal Shield
    All Fantastic Ideas!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

A longbow with arrow would be cool.

Since it's tough to pose him exactly right with his bow, I'd be cool with a longbow or an alt version of his current bow with an attached arrow and fixed drawn pullstring.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The same way we got bombed with giant felines?
    I wouldn't exactly say we haven't. We have two in two years. (There are also only 4 cats (Not including Illumina's)... Compare that with how many horses there are. If the line is planned out until 2020-2021...that leaves 9-10 years to get about a dozen horses out.

I wouldn't exactly say we haven't. We have two in two years. (There are also only 4 cats (Not including Illumina's)... Compare that with how many horses there are. If the line is planned out until 2020-2021...that leaves 9-10 years to get about a dozen horses out.
    I guess I just don't see one per year (or one every 9 months, in the case of the horses) as being "bombed" with that type of toy. In that case, more than one anything other than a standard figure per year would be getting bombed, too.
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I guess I just don't see one per year (or one every 9 months, in the case of the horses) as being "bombed" with that type of toy. In that case, more than one anything other than a standard figure per year would be getting bombed, too.
    To me, if we're only getting 3-4 beasts a year...dedicating one of those to a horse every year is a little much. The line would become way too predictable and stagnant. Again, that's just my opinion.

To me, if we're only getting 3-4 beasts a year...dedicating one of those to a horse every year is a little much. The line would become way too predictable and stagnant. Again, that's just my opinion.
    Ah, now I see what you're saying. (Just a hunch, but I'm guessing your fear won't come to pass, though.)
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Each set includes:

A) Horse
    B) Small character
    C) A "Mystery" Vintage Fashion (keep the accessory items a secret extra)

Example:

STORM w/ IMP & Catra accessory pack (veils of mystery?)
    ARROW w/ KOWL & male twigget.
    MOONBEAM w/ GIRL TWIGGET & accessory pack.

Etc, etc, etc...

There were several horses (super easy money-maker for the MOTUC line), plus more than several diminutive characters (7 twiggets, Imp, Kowl, Lookee, etc), and several "accessory" packs. The only ill-fitting set would be Bow's horse w/ Kowl. Bow would get teased for having one of She-Ra's fashion packs in his set. But, that's when they could break out Lookee, or one of those male twiggets as the third item! And/or, they could give some lancing weapons or just swords for pack ins....

POP fans would love it. POP haters could steer clear if they wanted. Honestly, I haven't seen that many non-POP fans say they are itching for any of the small characters, etc. And if they did, they would probably only want Kowl and Arrow.
    This is the best idea I've heard yet. Don't care for the dress up stuff, but it would make a cool accessory for hard core PoP fans. Bring on the small figures!