Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POP Horses Official Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I hate to say it...but the rest of the horses are a pass for me...(aside for Arrow...maybe). I also fear that we're going to get bombed with horses now that the tooling has been done.

Unless they are each unique (in more than a mane and tail), it'll look like I'm collecting horses and not MOTUC.

I'm happy with Swiftwind being a unique "being" in my MOTUC (That being said, if Arrow wasn't a Pegasus...I'd be happier...because Swifty would be unique.)
    LOL! Believe it or not, being as huge a POP fan as I am a MOTU fan, I totally agree with this. Not that I don't want everyone to get the toy they want. However, I would probably only display Swift Wind and maybe Arrow. I don't need a huge horse collection nor do I even have the room for all these winged horses, lol.

But, being a completist, I'll buy every horse they put out.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

POP HORSES in MOTUC

Original Toy Swifwind and Animation version are very different (same with Arrow). MOTUC is a new continuity so:

STARWING - SwiftWinds´ mate, based on a mix of Filmation and Vintage SwiftWind Toy.
    Pink Body, Golden Wings

ARROW must split on 2 characters:

ARROW - Bow´s sted, based on Filmation (No wings, Add KOWL as a BONUS figure)

VICTORY - Netossa´s sted, based on Vintage Arrow Toy.

Last edited by Snake Hunter; November 23, 2011 at 07:38pm.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Id be happy to have a Toy accurate SW released under another name. but the subbers would scream from the rafters!

I dont see the issue with variants being new characters (BGT for EG) as long as we get the versions we want! the name on the card means nothing!

but Arrow needs to be Blue with wings! Thats my line in the sand!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I honestly don't see how any horse variants that aren't Spirit or Swiftwind will sell in this line, but maybe that's just me?

Even Starwing...I know who the character is, but have little interest in putting down 30 bucks to own one. And I'm a She-Raver!
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; November 23, 2011 at 08:26pm.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I honestly don't see how any horse variants that aren't Spirit or Swiftwind will sell in this line, but maybe that's just me?

Even Starwing...I know who the character is, but have little interest in putting down 30 bucks to own one. And I'm a She-Raver!
    I think SOME horses have a good chance of being released (and desired by fans). Arrow and Teela's golden unicorn have been mentioned a lot on here. Maybe Catra's horse Storm too.

I personally am not drawn to buying too many beasts because of space constraints; Same reason I'm passing on all vehicles.
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; November 23, 2011 at 09:16pm.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

No Swift Wind variants for me, please.
    And I really am rooting for the classic PoP toy version of Arrow for Bow. I mean, look at the toy and Filmation cartoon- there's no contest. That brown turd can't be made into a toy and be called "Arrow" and have a place on my shelf!
    At least when they do Storm, it's actually going to BE Storm, as there is not any conflicting look for Catra's horse (I don't consider Silver Storm to be that radical of a departure from the original and would be satisfied with either a silver Storm or a regular white Storm).

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I love Filmation Arrow.

However we have Teela and we have Battleground Teela. In that vein you can release Filmation Arrow as Arrow and blue winged toy Arrow as Arrow 2.0. Then in the bio just note something about Light Hope granting Arrow a "power-up" in order to help Bow save She-Ra or something. Doesn't have to be deep or anything, and everyone gets the version they want and both are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I love Filmation Arrow.

However we have Teela and we have Battleground Teela. In that vein you can release Filmation Arrow as Arrow and blue winged toy Arrow as Arrow 2.0. Then in the bio just note something about Light Hope granting Arrow a "power-up" in order to help Bow save She-Ra or something. Doesn't have to be deep or anything, and everyone gets the version they want and both are valid.
    I'm right there with you I love the Filmation Arrow, but I'd like them to make both so everyone can be happy.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Good idea, Aghostino!

I'll take any of the horses, but I'd be happy as long as we get these:
    -Spirit
    -Arrow (I'll take either version.)
    -Storm (The darker the better!)
    -Teela's horse/unicorn "Charger"
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Like your suggestions Snake hunter

I'd buy Arrow, but only if he is a brown horse. I wouldn't even considering getting a doll version. If they make it wouldn't bother me either, as long we get the real Arrow that is a brown horse, then all's good.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Heroic Warrior
    Given the bad quality and issues (legs and wings) linked to Swiftwind, I wouldn't even dare buying a MOTUC POP horse in the future...

Since Swiftwind was the 1st horse, he (hopefully) indicated the kinks that needed to be worked out in the production of future horses.

I'm not sure if all of our horses are going to be winged or not. I do want a toy version of Arrow because I like the idea of adding atypical colors to my collection, a blue Arrow would be sort of alien to me. The crystal horses just because they look too neat with their translucent selves. Storm I could live without because I'd rather have a Clawdeen as Catra's ride, but if we get Storm that's cool. Just go with Silver Storm right out of the gate and make Storm metallic silver, imo.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Id be happy to have a Toy accurate SW released under another name. but the subbers would scream from the rafters!

I dont see the issue with variants being new characters (BGT for EG) as long as we get the versions we want! the name on the card means nothing!

but Arrow needs to be Blue with wings! Thats my line in the sand!
    that's what i want too. well, i'd also like correct legs.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Angella had a horse in Golden book "Glimmer of Hope",as well as the Shadowfax of Eternia,Thunder Horse, and a pic of Shadow weavers horse Smoke, who is actually the captured soul of Spirit's Mom.

spirits mother shadow weaver horse.jpg
    thunder horse.jpg
    Last edited by facet; December 29, 2012 at 03:02am.

Thunder Horse is to Eternia as Shadow Fax is to Middle Earth......

Just got Crystal Swift Wind in the mail (Who was the only horse I had as a child). I've got to say the crystal horses would look amazing in classics!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The way i see it as long as we get a Arrow buck( mohawk styled mane) customizers can make just about any horse from the existing mythos.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    All the vintage POP horses are a must, especially:

Arrow
    Storm
    Crystal Moonbeam (my favorite)
    Crystal Sun Dancer