Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POP Horses Official Speculation/Discussion Thread

i'd LOVE arrow... but got no idea which version i want nor what accessories; i pretty much want it all.

i got a horse question... who does storm belong to? i thought it was catra, but she's got clawdeen doesn't she?

Aside from giving the horses individual manes, maybe heads, definitely harnesses/saddles or whatever they're called, I would like the following additions:

Arrow- something on the horse's armor/saddle that you could slide Bow's bow into (like the thing on Battle Cat's armor where you stick He-Man's sword). An additional Twigget figure. Oh and yes- he should definitely be a blue Pegasus and not that drab brown thing Bow rode in the cartoon series! Just because there's Filmation rights, doesn't mean every design choice should be based on what was given us in the cartoon series. Sometimes the original toy is better than the cartoon, design-wise!

Storm- this would be a chance to throw in a couple of new accessories for Catra. Maybe some sort of cool lance with a horde bat on it? Lightning bolt type of weapons for Catra to hurl, thus giving her horse's name a bit more meaning?

Crystal Moonbeam & Crystal Sundancer- maybe some translucent plastic "crystal" versions of the standard PoP shield and translucent plastic "crystal" versions of the Bubble Power/Starburst She-Ra swords? I also like the idea of Fantastic Fashion inspired pieces of costume (masks, capes, whatever) or weaponry (some cool swords for She-Ra were included in those sets, if I remember correctly!)

Crystal Swiftwind- I'm less interested in this in MOTUC than the others (in the same way that I'm really not interested in a Samurai Battle Cat in the line), but if they have to do it, another chance for more She-Ra accesories (she had a bazillion "Sword-To-Fill in the blank!" weapon transformations in Filmation for them to draw from), molded in translucent plastic- done in the same manner as He-Ro's sword, with glitter maybe?

Royal Swiftwind & Silver Storm- again, not totally necessary in MOTUC but if they have to do it- I say by the time they give us these maybe they'll be able to afford to actually throw in a bonus She-Ra & Catra action figure into the set with different costumes at the same price point as a normal horse release. After all, by then the line should still be doing well and they'll have reused the She-Ra, Catra, and standard horse body over and over and over...

I would also like to see Teela get a wingless unicorn steed, as seen in the original first four mini-comics from the classic line. This could obviously use the Swiftwind body, and it would be a chance to throw in more accessories for Teela to use. Also, they could keep the holes in the horse body where the wings would go and just have that be where the saddle Teela could ride snaps into place, thus covering the holes.

Odds and ends they could throw in with any of these horses would be accessory items like maps... water bottles... mostly I'm thinking about how on Fisto's belt and Man-At-Arms' armor they sculpted in little details like a rolled up blanket, a book, a jug... just tiny things that add a little something extra to the line that could probably still be done on the cheap.
    Last edited by zodak74; August 6, 2011 at 01:21pm.

One thing that Catra's horse should come with is the little Horde laser blaster stick things that every Horde member has used in the cartoon at some point or another.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i might like one more horse for pop

I want all the horses. I say make 1 cat and 1 horse per year :0)

I think there should only be two bucks, The Swift Wind buck with the long mane and Filmation Arrow with the mohawk mane.

Now my take on this is that I think since their are so many steeds in POP, that to use the existing media to give all the members of the great rebellion a steed, as their aren't many left to give one to. Heres my take on it.

the obvious
    Bow with Filmation Arrow
    Peekablue with Moonbeam or Give it to Tallstar
    Sweet Bee with Sundancer or Give it to Starla
    Jewelstar could ride Crystal Swiftwind(working name Crystal Cloud Breaker)
    That way the star sister are riding the Cyrstal hosres which makes more sense. Now I know some people might not want that since is goes against what came out in the 2 packs, so its just a suggestion.

then
    Angella on working name Seraph

Starla or Peekablue with the Unicorn King

Castaspella Horse (Worlking name Incantor)

Glimmers Horse (Hope ?)

Frosta with Winter

Tallstar or Sweet Bee could use Brightwing, 2nd in command of the Unicorns

Double Trouble could use StarWing, Swift winds Mate

Even the Red Knight could use the Arrow buck for his horse, confusingly known as the Black Steed

Flutterina, Mermista, and Perfuma have steeds, but they are not horses
    Flutterina with Butterflyer
    Mermista with Sea Harp
    Perfuma could use Enchanta

I don't think they need to make Silver storm or Royal swift wind, But they could make the Toy (Pink) version of Swift wind(Working name Whirlwind) and Arrow(working name Victory) and give them to Spinnerella and Netossa

Also Shadow Weaver was supposed to have a horse named Smoke in on episode but never made the final cut

Also Since Catra already had a steed, Clawdeen, I always felt like Storm should belong to Entrapta

They could also use the horse buck to make Charger, Teela's Unicorn

The robot horses from MOTU.

And Shadow Master, Kol-darr's Horse,
    Thunderhorse is to Eternia, much like Shadowfax is to Middle Earth, so either The Goddess or the Sorcerress could ride him

So in looking at all these different horses, They fall into one of two different bucks:
    Swiftwind buck
    Storm
    Crystal Moonbeam
    Crystal Sundancer
    Crystal Swiftwind
    Unicorn King
    Brightwing
    Starwing
    Winter
    Glimmers Horse, Hope?
    Toy (pink) Swiftwind
    Toy Arrow
    Smoke ( I imagine if they ever did make Smoke, It would be a translucent gray like the crystal horses)

Thunderhorse
    Angella's Horse (working name Serpah)

And the Arrow buck
    Filmation Arrow
    Castaspella's Horse
    Black Steed
    Robot Horse
    Shadowmaster
    the last 2 are the same except one has wings

I think that Night stalker and Stridor would need a new buck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by facet; July 26, 2014 at 01:06am.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think Arrow coming with changeable saddles and a face mask clip on to make him into Teela's Unicorn could be cool, then the POP haters may still buy him.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

horses are an easy beast to reuse

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Those are great ideas, outside of Arrow coming with Kowl and Storm coming with Catra in cat form, I can't think of any "accessory" type add-ins that could rival your ideas.
    I like your suggestions, too.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    To me, if we're only getting 3-4 beasts a year...dedicating one of those to a horse every year is a little much. The line would become way too predictable and stagnant. Again, that's just my opinion.
    Agree.

I don't want a horse every year. I think once we get 4 or so that is enough. And let's spread them out. I think after 5 years of oversized figure/beasts we may be done with that category maybe we could get 2 vehicles a year instead
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I still haven't openend Swifty, but I'm impressed with how he looks! I agree that one horse a year could become too predictable, but I'd get any of these. Specifically I really want Spirit, Arrow (either version would please me), Storm, and Teela's steed.

Twiggets or Kowl could work for Arrow; Catra's panther-form or some of her catbirds for Storm... I like the idea someone (forgive me!) had for Teela's Charger: a mini-comic style Spirit of Grayskull.

I still haven't openend Swifty, but I'm impressed with how he looks! I agree that one horse a year could become too predictable, but I'd get any of these. Specifically I really want Spirit, Arrow (either version would please me), Storm, and Teela's steed.

Twiggets or Kowl could work for Arrow; Catra's panther-form or some of her catbirds for Storm... I like the idea someone (forgive me!) had for Teela's Charger: a mini-comic style Spirit of Grayskull.
    Last edited by Uki; November 20, 2011 at 09:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Yes, please, SCB! I want those riders, too!!
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I say bring them on, I'd loved to be "bombed" with horses of every type.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Those are some cool exceptions.

When they do start making additional horses, though, I expect that they will at least change the mane and tails ont hem. Possibly even completely different head sculpts, like they did with Panthor.

And I do hope we still get wings with all of them, since all of the old toys had wings.
    well, things like a Unicorn horse for Teela certainly doesnt need wings, and I wouldnt want Arrow to have wings, one way or the other.

But yeah, mane or heads would be nice, like Panthor as you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Frosta with Winter (horse looked like toy arrow without wings)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1320991443
    This is the first time I've seen a picture of Winter. Not what I imagined to be honest, I'd prefer these colours for Winter:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    This is the first time I've seen a picture of Winter. Not what I imagined to be honest, I'd prefer these colours for Winter:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...7/DSC00754.jpg
    Me too. I love that art and the sled is cool as a vehicle...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i'd LOVE arrow... but got no idea which version i want nor what accessories; i pretty much want it all.

i got a horse question... who does storm belong to? i thought it was catra, but she's got clawdeen doesn't she?
    You are correct, Catra has both Clawdeen and Storm. Clawdeen I view Clawdeen as her local mode of transportation and Storm is for when she has to travel further distances.... at least that's my logic since she has two steads

As for my choice, we HAVE to get a TRUE Spirit with the jeweled head peice that goes around his ears and down between his eyes. Plus it would be great to have a Horse that doesn't look like someone has shot straight through him ( which is the appearence he currently has by popping out Swiftys wings, for those of us who have picked up two of him to make our own Spirit to go with Adora).
    Last edited by Princess_Adora; November 21, 2011 at 07:44am.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Before reading through these horse threads, Id never really wanted a horse past Swifty. For Catra I'd always preferred Clawdeen instead of Storm, but if Storm had the bat-wings and menacing look like in SCB's screengrab, Id LOVE that! Think its a good way of translating Storm into a more palatable MOTUC figure

BTW which episode is that pic from

Also having the Twiggits/Kowl/Lookie/Imp as pack-ins with the horses is a clever way of getting them into the line, but i'd still prefer them to be released in an 'Etherian Creatures' pack of some kind all in one

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I will buy all the horses, but these horses are B-I-G, so at most we will displaying swiftwind and MAYBE one more, but someday, when I own a house and a large shelving system the veritable HERD of POP horses will so COOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Trooper 84 View Post
    Before reading through these horse threads, Id never really wanted a horse past Swifty. For Catra I'd always preferred Clawdeen instead of Storm, but if Storm had the bat-wings and menacing look like in SCB's screengrab, Id LOVE that! Think its a good way of translating Storm into a more palatable MOTUC figure

BTW which episode is that pic from

Also having the Twiggits/Kowl/Lookie/Imp as pack-ins with the horses is a clever way of getting them into the line, but i'd still prefer them to be released in an 'Etherian Creatures' pack of some kind all in one
    Like Orko, Kowl and Loo-Kee have vintage figures and deserve to be released under their own steam IMO. I also would take issue with different "factions" being packaged together like Imp and the Twiggets. There are ways to get these characters produced that would still offer more to collectors who may not be enthusiastic about getting them, similar to including Prince Adam with Orko.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think we'd need to see how, say, Arrow sells before pronouncing the horses the inevitable end of the line.

Also, I kind of like the idea of a surprise piece with them; maybe a distinctive helmet/headdress for each to further differentiate them. I don't think we need a different head for each (Battlecat and Panthor were basically two different kinds of cats, so that's not the same case as we have here); a horse face is a horse face. THe differences possible would be so subtle it hardly seems worth it, whereas the head pieces could be very distinct.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I really like what zodak74 had to say above about Teela's Unicorn Charger.

I posted this over at the fourhorsemen's boards...

"I know the 4H could do a bang up job on making Charger very cool.
    A new head sculpt with the beard and maybe a forelock, a cool new Saddle that would fit Teela's dress. (She sits a little high in Swift Winds saddle due to her front piece.) But that new saddle could also sport some sweet designs in it that mimics some of her costuming motifs.
    Extra weapons could be very cool too, more Grayskull weapons to mimic the attack Skeletor unleashed on she and He-Man in that comic."

I've been wanting Charger since the 200X days actually.

But then I don't think it's a secret I'd love ANYTHING from those first four Minicomics done by Alcala.

I totally want that purple alligator bear monster He-Man fought in the beginning to save the Sorceress. (Goddess)

But back to horses, this thread proves just how much use they could get out of the horse buck... Its awesome! I hope it gets a ton of re-use.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Those Charger ideas sound cool. I'd hope any horse only figures would come with plugs for those huge holes for the wings or perhaps a blanket under the saddle that hides the stuff.

With Bow I can't decide which version I'd like. I think the idea of a blue flying horse is kinda cool in it's own right, but I really dig the mohawk mane on the Filmation Arrow. I think I'd be fine either way...

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel can release as many horses as they want.

As far as I'm concerned, after the Swiftwind debacle, I won't buy horses at all, since Swiftwind was the only horse I was interested in.