Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Oh cool. By chance do you happen to have this illustration to share? I'm not sure I've ever seen this before, or perhaps I have but it's been so long that I cannot recall at the moment.
    By saying it hasn't surfaced yet, I also meant that I haven't seen it myself either
    I only have the listing page from the Style Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    By saying it hasn't surfaced yet, I also meant that I haven't seen it myself either
    I only have the listing page from the Style Guide.
    Ah, I see.

Too bad Mattel probably won't share this (if they actually do have it), even though every other image is available. Maybe Beverly Kirby would have this in her possession?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Ah, I see.

Too bad Mattel probably won't share this (if they actually do have it), even though every other image is available.
    99% Mattel doesn't have it. All they have are the images available online or that fans provides. But as I said, I'm pretty sure is the image from the poster, so we have seen it somehow.

99% Mattel doesn't have it. All they have are the images available online or that fans provides. But as I said, I'm pretty sure is the image from the poster, so we have seen it somehow.
    Oh, I know. Just a bit of wishful thinking that they may have been in different poses.

I really wish something new would surface on them. Like packaging proofs or something neat like that.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm...

What is the difference between the Alcala head and a 200x or Filmation head?

Why did they produce that and don't want to produce the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Hmmmm...

What is the difference between the Alcala head and a 200x or Filmation head?

Why did they produce that and don't want to produce the others?
    One would say it would be "confusing for the consumers" as well
    I'm still convinced there was no upper management order against 2002 heads (as they keep popping up: Fisto). It was merely a budget issue, but the explanation given was not completely accurate and generated more debate than needed.

I don't understand the "Filmation characters" will be put through the MOTUC machine and be done in the Classics style.

Cringer is 100% Filmation...and doesn't even have the articulation of a Classics figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Cringer also isn't 100% a figure- he's essentially a pvc accessory sadly. Remember, Orko didn't have the articulation either and I'd wager it's probably due to scale issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I don't understand the "Filmation characters" will be put through the MOTUC machine and be done in the Classics style.

Cringer is 100% Filmation...and doesn't even have the articulation of a Classics figure.

Heroic Warrior
    One would say it would be "confusing for the consumers" as well
    I'm still convinced there was no upper management order against 2002 heads (as they keep popping up: Fisto). It was merely a budget issue, but the explanation given was not completely accurate and generated more debate than needed.

I'm wondering about Mattel thinking adult collectors are confused by interchageable heads...

I can accept their concept on characters like Fisto and Kobra Khan, but He-Man & Skeletor are the iconic characters of this franchise, there should be other rules for those two...

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Cringer also isn't 100% a figure- he's essentially a pvc accessory sadly. Remember, Orko didn't have the articulation either and I'd wager it's probably due to scale issues.
    Well, that's what I mean. Orko had the articulation (maybe not the same amount of articulation points) but doesn't have legs to articulate.

His shoulders, elbows, and wrists were articulated...as well as his head (which is removable), and his lower body had "articulation" when it connects to the stand.

Cringer (in the Classics Style) should have the same amount of articulation points as Battle Cat (due to him being the same person just not "powered up")

It's the equivalent of Prince Adam (as an accessory) being a staction...(which have been retired )

EDIT: I just wanted to say that I thought the sculpt for Cringer was perfect (and after having him...I don't mind the size of him). I really want a more articulated Cringer (and I think I speak for the majority on that). It was completely a Filmation style sculpt though...he wasn't Classicized at all.
    Last edited by WDWFreak53; August 15, 2011 at 11:35am.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Rumoured? TG said himself in Pixel Dan's SDCC video (when going into the cabinet for Swiftwind) that they'd belatedly discovered they could have done Filmation versions of ANY character owned by Mattel all along!
    Whaaaaaaat?! How did I miss hearing that?!

Oh well, I just got my "Ask Matty" question answered about giving quarterly variants Filmation heads, and the answer was

"You already have Classics versions of the main characters. To do animated ones we would need a new animated line and right now we are putting all of our limited resources into Classics. All figures from Filmation will be done in Classics style.

It doesn't mean we won't get to other expressions on main character variants down the road (we do try to sneak things in like we did with the new Skeletor head with Demo-Man if it works). So yes obviously we know fans want this, it just depends on finding a way to deliver what we can."

I'm quite happy with that response!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; August 15, 2011 at 07:40pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    holy wow!! That Thunder Punch He-Man art is AMAZING! They should hire him on the spot!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Oh well, I just got my "Ask Matty" question answered about giving quarterly variants Filmation heads, and the answer was

"You already have Classics versions of the main characters. To do animated ones we would need a new animated line and right now we are putting all of our limited resources into Classics. All figures from Filmation will be done in Classics style.

It doesn't mean we won't get to other expressions on main character variants down the road (we do try to sneak things in like we did with the new Skeletor head with Demo-Man if it works). So yes obviously we know fans want this, it just depends on finding a way to deliver what we can."

I'm quite happy with that response!
    Follow-up question, if you please (I'm not registered on the Matty forum) - how is this (see also this) any less different from the original MotUC Teela than this is from the original MotUC He-Man?

[Seriously, TP He-Man is the #1 "the rules are whatever we want to do with our budget at the time" example. I used it even before the reveal as an example of how the 200X HM stuff was bunk, since the reasoning for why they couldn't do a MYP He-Man applied as much or more to TP He-Man]
    Last edited by Reboot; August 15, 2011 at 07:54pm. Reason: Adding links

Follow-up question, if you please (I'm not registered on the Matty forum) - how is this (see also this) any less different from the original MotUC Teela than this is from the original MotUC He-Man?

[Seriously, TP He-Man is the #1 "the rules are whatever we want to do with our budget at the time" example. I used it even before the reveal as an example of how the 200X HM stuff was bunk, since the reasoning for why they couldn't do a MYP He-Man applied as much or more to TP He-Man]
    Using Logic to fight Matty... HAH! You forgot the most sacred Rule... Vintage Figures can override the rules...
    I want both TP and 200X He-Man...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Curious to see the route they take with the inevitable 2002 King Hssss variant. Will they use Carnivus' loin cloth?

Id say they absolutely will. I also hope 200X Orko could be a future variant because those looks differed VASTLY.

He just answered my question about NEVER seeing Shadow Weaver and Preternia He-Man outside the sub.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

So I guess we'll never see Filmation Mer-Man Surely they could do head packs of the Filmation characters that had different style heads to the vintage toys such as Merman, Clawful, Evil Lyn etc...

If not I will never own a classics Clawful!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    So I guess we'll never see Filmation Mer-Man Surely they could do head packs of the Filmation characters that had different style heads to the vintage toys such as Merman, Clawful, Evil Lyn etc...
    The 200X fans thought that would happen too, but a head pak is too morbid for Mattel to put out.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

If not I will never own a classics Clawful!
    Clawful and Evil-Lyn need more than just new heads!

I'm curious about who asked for a FILMation line; TG seems determined that any question asking about FILMation-inspired figures means that we want them to look exactly like the cartoon, low detail and all. Is this the new "anime hyperdetail," where every question gets essentially the same automatic answer?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    I'm curious about who asked for a FILMation line; TG seems determined that any question asking about FILMation-inspired figures means that we want them to look exactly like the cartoon, low detail and all. Is this the new "anime hyperdetail," where every question gets essentially the same automatic answer?
    I hope so!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Clawful and Evil-Lyn need more than just new heads!
    I bet if you asked about it, they'd say Clawful and Evil-Lyn actually don't need new heads at all because the existing ones are in the Classics style and not the Filmation style...
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A bunch of new questions are up.
    It isn't TG's fault, but "grrrr" to that head pak answer.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I still want a single carded Adam. Partly for the bio, but also to correct the vest by giving it the missing sword holder. Until that gets fixed, I won't consider him done.

Also, I would buy Filmation inspired variants of the main characters using the current bodies. They don't need a completely new sculpt, just a new head would be enough. Give He-Man a closed mouth and Skeletor a more baggy hood.