Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Seeing him gives us a bit of perspective:

You want to see folks really bugging out, check out any posts about Lucas having Vader say "no" just before he throws the Emperor to his doom in an upcoming release of "Return of the Jedi." Makes the doomsayers here look like a happy face convention...
    So - Vader says "Noooo!" upon being "created". And now he's being retconned to say "Noooo!" for - what? Throwing the Emperor away? Or because the Emperor is hurting Luke?

Puzzled.
    And outraged.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    So - Vader says "Noooo!" upon being "created". And now he's being retconned to say "Noooo!" for - what? Throwing the Emperor away? Or because the Emperor is hurting Luke?

Puzzled.
    And outraged.
    Yeah, I know, EP. This deal's getting worse all the time...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Let's no forget (EVER) the appalling "nooooo!" that got added onto Luke's plummet down the garbage shoot after getting his hand cut off. Godloveus.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Ok, so the Wind Raider is probably not coming in October??

And BG Evil-Lyn might be moved to December??

I was actually looking forward to the 4 items in November... it still will be a big month, but I was PSYCHED to get Snout Spout, BP She-Ra, Swiftwind, AND BG Evil-Lyn all at once!!

I'm sad about the Wind Raider. Maybe they should move BG Evil-Lyn into October then, so we can have her with Flipshot... I mean, Icarius.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Moving Evil-Lyn to December would work for me (as and would probably help me to avoid customs taxes.

As for Wind Raider, personally I don't care when it's released as I'm not getting one.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Instead of moving BG Evil Lyn/Teela how about we just cancel her altogether?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Pray Lucas doesn't alter it any further!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Controversial Art Book? Forgive my ignorance, but what is this?
    It was a Masters of the Universe art book that was sold at last year's Comic Con in very limited numbers. It featured artwork used on packing, promotional, and concept designs of the franchise through the years. One piece included depicted NA He-Man with Clobber. The illustrations for Vikor and Demo-Man also appeared in it.

I hope the Wind Raider and Evil-Lyn both get moved to December. I have enough to buy in Novemer with 3 BP She-Ra's, Swift Wind, and the monthly figure too. I'd rather have December be Wind Raider, BG Evil-Lyn and Demo-Man.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I hope the WR doesn't move to Dec because that's a rotten time for mail. November is good, in fact I prefer it since I will be traveling during sale day in October.
    scott, we all like a white astronaut Marlena.

Would not it be a good combination the white astronaut + warrior marlena 200x to justify a variant?
    find a way.

Yes, a cool idea, but nothing to confirm right now.
    I wish fans wouldn't give Mattel worse ideas like this. The Battle Armor Marlena from 200X is blue and red, she doesn't go with a white astronaut costume. I hope they don't ruin BA Marlena to make that work.

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds like Wind Raider moving has to do with production and not anything else. Man the releases are going to be crazy through the end of the year into the beginning of next year, anyone know if the Legion of Superheroes 12 pack is out in October? I love Star Wars but added or deleted things don't really get me in an uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Instead of moving BG Evil Lyn/Teela how about we just cancel her altogether?
    Just don't buy her.

I love when someone doesn't want a figure or accessory, and then decides they don't want anyone else to have it either.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I wish fans wouldn't give Mattel worse ideas like this. The Battle Armor Marlena from 200X is blue and red, she doesn't go with a white astronaut costume. I hope they don't ruin BA Marlena to make that work.
    I read that question and looked at the pictures...and I just don't see anyway that would work. They're 100% different in colour AND parts.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I love when someone doesn't want a figure or accessory, and then decides they don't want anyone else to have it either.
    It happens all the time..

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It happens all the time..
    Yeah. I've read a handful of comments saying that about BG Teela. Double ewe tee eff?!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I hope the Wind Raider and Evil-Lyn both get moved to December. I have enough to buy in Novemer with 3 BP She-Ra's, Swift Wind, and the monthly figure too. I'd rather have December be Wind Raider, BG Evil-Lyn and Demo-Man.
    Hmm. Good point about multiple BP She-Ra's.

I already knew this, but didn't think about it when posting my dismay. LoL

I'm still kinda sad about no Wind Raider in October though
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Mattel sucks at spacing things out.

The Windraider was the only thing I was getting in October so it worked for me, Nov is over loaded for me as it is. I really want BG Evil Lyn but maybe Dec would be best for her and the Windraider, I personally was not getting Demo-man.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Im all for moving Evil Lyn to December. Due to the heavy load in November she was probably going to be my sacrificed figure due to budget constraints. In December there is only Demo Man right now, so I am more likely to get Evil Lyn.As for the Wind Raider, I was probably going to skip it due to wanting the Ghostbusters Trap and having to pay for that, but if it moves to December I may also decide to pick it up. November however, probably not as then we go back to the too heavy load, even worse than before.

That might have been for Thrawn29, but for the record I didn't say people couldn't have a white astronaut Marlena, just don't ruin a true BA Marlena to get her!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Just don't buy her.
    Now, now. You know better.

I know, right? It bothers me too.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 31, 2011 at 09:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

sorry for my idea but I think they can find a way without it look forced.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This was an awesome round!!

But this is one of many changes we are reviewing for possible changes in 2013 to keep the line going with the number of skus and price points fans feel comfortable with.

I am so glad that finally Mattel is doing something to fix the out of control amount of item per month situation. Thank you guys.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Totally bummed about the Windraider being bumped to Nov or Dec.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Either Filmation Variants are a go or Quarterly Variants will be replaced by New Characters, making it 16 new characters a year.

It would seem MOTUC is making another change.

I have a feeling if it's the latter choice, variants are now going to follow the She-Ra 2.0 route and be optional, non-sub purchases. If this is so, I have no problem with it. Lots of fans don't like variants.
    Getting 16 new characters a year and making the variants optional non-sub items would be the best news I've seen for quite some time. Honestly, the very thought of that makes me ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I can see some of the guys who got "excited" for Bikini Teela wanting Crita for MOTUC...

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...uch_detail.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1308687113
    I definitely want Crita, especially the "Queen Crita" version - she looks like a sleazy 80's hair metal groupie!
    Last edited by Durendal; September 1, 2011 at 12:22am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost