Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Heroic Warrior
    No because last I checked Scott is still in charge and never once said she is 200x Evil-Lyn, quite to the contrary he has said they could still do ANOTHER Lyn variant down the line that would be more in line with 200x Lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Would you say it again for the billionth and one time if I said that after the interview with Eric Treadway it seems that they do indeed consider BG Evil Lyn to be 200x Evil Lyn?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We have a large segment of fans who identify POP characters with dolls.
    Well stop doing that then, will you?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Well so far all the POP characters released have been based off of the tv show not the toys so I'd like somebody from that school of thought to explain to me how they feel about Marlena and Sorceress who also are based on the same tv show. Then again I'm trying to find logic where it may not exist.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Heroic Warrior
    Ill say the same thing I said to Thrawn: Scott is in charge, he says it's not 200x by the virtue that 200x Evil-Lyn is still an AVAILABLE variant later on were people to want another one.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    What makes you say that?

Many signs point that she was MEANT TO BE 200X Evil Lyn.
    She Has a "200X"-ish color scheme
    She Has a "200X" Second head
    She seems to come with the Long "200X" staff instead of the 80s Rod.
    The only thing NOT 200X about her is her dress, which is why some people (myself included) feel like Mattel/4H did NOT understand the point for the 200X Evil Lyn. (At least they did NOT repaint BG Teela's clothes in EL colors...)

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    No because last I checked Scott is still in charge and never once said she is 200x Evil-Lyn, quite to the contrary he has said they could still do ANOTHER Lyn variant down the line that would be more in line with 200x Lyn.
    I recently read that filmation and 200x versions of characters may not be coming anytime soon...so who knows.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I’m so glad that Mattel finally started realizing that more than two figures a month is not doing well at all to this line. Plus all the extra stuff outside the sub is really overwhelming.

Then there are those of us who would have never got into this line without the promise of an all inclusive line.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Then there are those of us who would have never got into this line without the promise of an all inclusive line.
    if it was not for POP and 2000x i would not get this line

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    if it was not for POP and 2000x i would not get this line
    AMEN! I signed on For MOTUV, NA and mainly Updated Versions of the vintage POP toy designs!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Well stop doing that then, will you?
    Seriously we have a large segment that identifies POP with awesomeness as well

I get tired of era wars, style wars, and genre wars...I just wish MOTIC fans could love the all inclusive line as just that
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I get tired of era wars, style wars, and genre wars...I just wish MOTIC fans could love the all inclusive line as just that
    Thank you!!

I just don't get it. I love everything and wish everyone else did too
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

what reissue figures go on sale for Sept 15th?
    is there a page that gets updated?
    Last edited by demiscy; August 21, 2011 at 03:20am.

I don't know what all the fuss is about with these subs. If you don't have the funds to get a sub or cut back on a sub, that's cool and everyone understands. But if your not getting a sub due to some bitter hate of Mattel and what they won't tell you they are releasing, then why are you on here arguing at all, how many years have we gone through this, they will not change, it's managerial logistics, get use to it.

What year has been just a horrible year for Classics where 2 - 4 months in a row you said I don't want that figure, I can not think of one. When I was with TG and Emiliano at the RG Dinner party, he said how excited he was for 2012, and had that sparkle in his eyes. Meaning not just what was mentioned already, but what was to come.

On Eric Treadway's interview, he seemed so excited about Scorpia and how awesome she was going to be, and as far as I know they don't really think much about a figure until they are working on them, meaning she must be on her way in 2012, having her will make my whole year and with Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, Fisto and Khan. That is worth a sub to me. I don't see the Horsemen making any throw away figures, Draego-man never even existed until Con, and I heard no complaints. Have some faith and support the line despite the many DR issues, so I can get my CG sooner than later.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thank you!!

Amen boys! I dont get it either!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    what reissue figures go on sale for Sept 15th?
    is there a page that gets updated?
    They haven't announced the Sept 15th Reissues yet. When they do, I'll update this page here -> http://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=9102
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Ill say the same thing I said to Thrawn: Scott is in charge, he says it's not 200x by the virtue that 200x Evil-Lyn is still an AVAILABLE variant later on were people to want another one.
    Didn't Scott said that AFTER the whole customer/fan outrage? He also DID say:
    So, the theory that BGEL was meant to be the "Classicized" 200X EL still stands. Even if the gameplan changed in the end and she became something else.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

yeah some guys some how feel that it makes them less manly to buy "girl" toys or "dolls" as MgM said.

Its silly I am strong enough in my manhood to put those figures on my shelf and enjoy them
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Thanks for your answer. Fortunately, there is an even larger segment of fans who think otherwise (me included of course).
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Link? Because he may not have said directly that this was 200x Evil Lyn, but Scott and Eric Treadway both strongly hinted that it was meant to be.

After the fact and the complaining by some of us, he eventually stated "Well...erm..uh...yeah I mean of course we could always do another Evil Lyn later".

There are several problems with that. First, it's not guaranteed. Second, if they put out an actual 200x Evil Lyn (and by definition the first ever Evil Lyn figure in the Classics line), what was the point of this stupid Battle Ground repaint? That renders her utterly pointless and a total waste of money and a quarterly slot.

It also means that I have now paid for a stupid repaint that should have never been released in the first place, because she should have gotten her friggin 200x dress to begin with.

"Lots of people seem to be freaking out about the lowered production numbers and the fact that fewer subs sold this year.

Can you alleviate fears (or confirm them) and let us know whether or not Mattel is still happy with the brand as a whole, or if recent developments indicate a shift in thought?

The brand is going GREAT, and we are hitting the min number of baseline fan we need. But the lower overall sub sales for 2012 (compared to 2010 and 2011)have caused us to drop a few as yet announced non-sub items we were exploring for late 2012. Additionally the lower 2012 sub sales have caused us to reevaluate how many skus we will include in the sub for 2013. With the baseline going down signifigantly, it is a bit harder to justify to management any additional line explansions."

I'd like to personally thank anyone out there who changed their plans about buying a subscription (or a second one, when they usually buy two) and then encouraged others to do the same. Fewer sub sales = less awesomeness.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; August 21, 2011 at 01:55pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'd like to personally thank anyone out there who changed their plans about buying a subscription (or a second one, when they usually buy two) and then encouraged others to do the same. Fewer sub sales = less awesomeness.
    Have you read the answer about Castle Grayskull?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Yes, I did.

I understand that some people have no choice in regards to what they can afford, but there are those who "choose" not to be able to afford a sub, or a second sub.

Very, very frustrating.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Have you read the answer about Castle Grayskull?
    doesn't that confirm what he was saying though about stuff being cancelled? otherwise i got confused.

i get that people either do or do not want a sub... what annoyed me was when people (especially on facebook) were going out of their way to convince other people not to buy subs (whether they actually influenced people or not is debatable, but it annoyed me nonetheless).

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I am with you guys! This nonsense is seriously boring. On the other hand I have to say that for some reason I always like the figures that are most criticized on the .org boards. The more they are disliked the more I like them. The same is with Star Sisters - actually I do not know anything about POP, but I think to have it in MOTUC is totally awesome. I realized that I can't wait for Star Sisters to be released! MOTUC has made me a POP fan! (and NA a too and everything else included ...)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Seriously we have a large segment that identifies POP with awesomeness as well

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I am with you guys! This nonsense is seriously boring. On the other hand I have to say that for some reason I always like the figures that are most criticized on the .org boards. The more they are disliked the more I like them. The same is with Star Sisters - actually I do not know anything about POP, but I think to have it in MOTUC is totally awesome. I realized that I can't wait for Star Sisters to be released! MOTUC has made me a POP fan! (and NA a too and everything else included ...)
    One thing I've found as I'm updating the MOTUC index is that with each release, every 200X and Pre-Filmation character or idea now becomes a general MOTU character.

The bios help erase the divisions between the eras by incorporating them with general MOTU. We are really starting to see this with NA.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)