Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Heroic Warrior
    I also wonder why they don't try smaller playsets to gauge fans interest, like the Slimpe Pit, for instance...

Of course, I'd prefer CG, Snake Mountain or even the Eternia playset first, but we're definitely lacking some sort of playset in MOTUC. I also want to say that the weapons rack is not a playset for me. Just an accessory (by the way, do we know if there might be such a thing for 2012 ?).

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I also wonder why they don't try smaller playsets to gauge fans interest, like the Slime Pit, for instance...

Regarding fan interest, I'm pretty sure that nothing compares to Castle Grayskull, and surely they already know that. The Slime Pit might sell okay, but Castle Grayskull is the ultimate, and the interest in that trumps the interest in any other playset by far. Even Skeletor himself would rather have Castle Grayskull than Snake Mountain, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I also wonder why they don't try smaller playsets to gauge fans interest, like the Slimpe Pit, for instance...
    I think in this case, they want and maybe need to go for the gold ring on this one. They're offering so many items already at really high prices, and their customers are getting overwhelmed. Figures, beasts, multi-packs, non-sub vehicles, non-sub mega-beasts, now massive non-sub playsets? They're hitting the ceiling for adding more stuff and not driving too many fans to cherry pick. CG would guarantee more fans would do just that so they could afford their favorites and the castle rather than all items and the castle. That's what I'm getting from this anyway, and I'm feeling it too as this is getting expensive. That's not disinterest in the line or obscure characters speaking, that's genuine "I can't afford escalating prices" fear! I wish I could too, because I know that characters I want like Illumina will probably go on the chopping block if they weren't there already.

Heroic Warrior
    OK, Maestro... But if they can't release Graykull soon, maybe tyhe could release the Slime Pit first, so there is at least SOME playset !

This said, I'd prefer a big playset, like I mentioned above...

Okay, I just read this Toyguru response on Matty and I now have a better understanding why they can't just do a pre-order.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2F9101061117

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Okay, I just read this Toyguru response on Matty and I now have a better understanding why they can't just do a pre-order.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2F9101061117

Yeah, that does make sense, but it makes me wonder about the future. I just hope that Castle Grayskull becomes more likely over time and not less likely. What if sub sales peaked in 2011 and never sell as well again? It is feasible since no matter how they space them out, every year obviously leaves fewer characters remaining for the following year. Has the Castle Grayskull window already closed?

I don't want to give up anything for Castle Grayskull, but if I had to sacrifice something it would be beast. I mean how many more must have beast are there besides Granamyr, who by the way I would not sacrifice. I would buy Arrow, but I can wait down the line for him.

And if subs is in fact an issue, due to us just not having the money, or the will to spend the money, then how can ToyGuru justify to management that we will pay for a $300 Grayskull. As I mentioned a dozen times, I cut back on 1 sub so that I could afford Castle Grayskull, 10 packs of Horde Troopers and Granamyr. Sad how that can come back to bite me.

I just read ToyGuru's response, and I can understand. But I would still pay for a sub if it was $1000 a year, but not 2. Spread the cost out evenly so it's not so much on everyone. I mean it looks like they are trying, but not succeeding.

Maybe their should be a price limit a month. $60 should be the max, never to surpass the equivalent of 3 figures, so that way people can set monthly and yearly budgets and not get any surprises. I am blessed that I am able to set aside $150 a month for MOTUC, but not many can afford to do that. Especially international fans where shipping can bring their purchase up that high with 1 sub let alone 2.

October has The Wind Raider and Icarius, which is fine. But then in November you have 3 figures and a beast in one month, ouch, with 2 subs, shipping and taxes, there goes my monthly limit. You give us a break in December just to raise it up again in January. Like the Star Sisters should be a month all on their own.

You don't have to scale back your sku's, just even them out. You don't have to have one figure a month, but don't break us in one month either.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; August 23, 2011 at 03:52am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is it possible that Voltron cut into Club Eternia???

I imagine that some people ended up having to cancel Subscriptions to MOTUC in order to buy the Voltrons. Thinks that may have been the real culprit? Did someone already bring this up?
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    I imagine that some people ended up having to cancel Subscriptions to MOTUC in order to buy the Voltrons. Thinks that may have been the real culprit? Did someone already bring this up?
    Yes.

So might have the DCUC subscription. Many of us collect both lines.

I wish they had done a 4-part Subscription only Castle Grayskull collect-n-connect.

It would have sold a LOT more subscriptions. The 4 parts could have replaced the beasts.

They still could have offered a Beast SKU or two but just have done so outside the subscription.

This would have helped with the shipping cost too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes.

So might have the DCUC subscription. Many of us collect both lines.

I wish they had done a 4-part Subscription only Castle Grayskull collect-n-connect.

It would have sold a LOT more subscriptions. The 4 parts could have replaced the beasts.

They still could have offered a Beast SKU or two but just have done so outside the subscription.

This would have helped with the shipping cost too.
    Wouldnt it be neat if we did this for a decent living? Problem solving for Mattel. If I was only making crazy Oil Tycoon money I would so hook up the He-Man.org members with everything they wanted even disco Skeletor.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Wouldnt it be neat if we did this for a decent living? Problem solving for Mattel. If I was only making crazy Oil Tycoon money I would so hook up the He-Man.org members with everything they wanted even disco Skeletor.
    YES.

Though, I sort of think we all already do.

The suggestions about offering the option to ship subs together and to add on the 30th anniversary figures as an additional sub to save on shipping costs were mine, and a few others'... and they were implemented
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

YES.

Though, I sort of think we all already do.

The suggestions about offering the option to ship subs together and to add on the 30th anniversary figures as an additional sub to save on shipping costs were mine, and a few others'... and they were implemented
    Then they would have to admit that we are just as important as they are................

Why is everybody complaining?

Didn't we get Castle Grayskull already?

I thought it came with Scare Glow in 2009!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Lots of new stuff is up!!!
    The biggest news--
    NO RAM MAN IN 2012!!!!
    After the subscription sign-up is over too...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 24, 2011 at 06:11pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Lots of new stuff is up!!!
    The biggest news--
    NO RAM MAN IN 2012!!!!
    After the subscription sign-up is over too...
    I'm not surprised at no Ram-Man in 2012. I suspect he will be 2013 (to bring more people back in for subs) or 2014 (to give the line new life). We'll get 'ole Rammy. He's only taking longer to arrive because he can't figure out the directions he was given.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm not surprised at no Ram-Man in 2012.
    Yeah, it's hardly surprising that a year which opens with the @@@@ing SORCERESS has no Ram-Man.

i wonder if the whole idea of on day sales (cherry pickers) having to pay a couple of dollars more than sub holders per figure will be how they swallow any increases in pricing they want to do for MOTUC.

Oh good God, they are going to make that thing, you just know it. They've made all the other fan-demanded items (except vexingly for Illumina ), even Battle Armor Faker! I just hope they make it completely optional like Mo-Larr.

we must pray for the confirmation of a movie, that way we will have grayskull,ram-man or mantenna.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    "Reading Comprehension?" I hope you're not knocking my intelligence there...

I KNOW that what he may have meant was what you speak of... and that is definitely a component... but I'd bet that more people avoided subscriptions this year because they know it will be cheaper to order individually each month (MOTU items are no longer selling out in minutes... if you are on the day they go on sale, you're fine), than did people who don't want variants/beasts/etc.

Exactly! This is an ongoing glitch.
    No no no not knocking you

But wait until it goes back to selling out in moments! LOL I am actually worried about the Sorceress. That is...until I bought 4 subs.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    we must pray for the confirmation of a movie, that way we will have grayskull,ram-man or mantenna.
    The figures have no connection to a movie. They want to make a blockbuster year every year. Not one blockbuster year where everyone's favorite figure is released and the line tanks the following year.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Here's hoping for Ram-man in 2013.

They have the big buck now, they should get around to it.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

As many great things as there are coming out next year, I'd trade them all for Ram-Man(at least if he came in his usual Christmas colors). Next year still seems like it will be the best year yet(or at least tied with 2009), but knowing so far in advance that one of my favorite characters in the franchise won't be coming out for at least 17 months is a real downer.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I hate to break it to you, but Ram-Man is only one of many awesome dolls.

Plus, he only ever looked good in the minicomics.

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Mmmmh... Ram-Man will probably come in 2013, hopefully. But we won't be able to complete the "core" of the heroic warriors in 2012 (only Mekaneck and Ram-Man were not announced yet).

I'm really curious to know what are the other figures we'll see after March 2012...