Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    So what's the point of the Vikor Boot then?
    That's a good darn question. So Vikor's boots were more expensive and he got a newly tooled right bicep? That's a lot of money spent on him. But we get another Evil Lyn repaint?

What was the point of Vikor is his boots aren't going to be reused on all the male figures that use them, and what was the point of the right bicep?

Am I missing something?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wait. I thought you were against Filmation variants?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    i hope it was evil seed for... evil seed.
    I'd be surprised if you are right, but also extremely ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wait. I thought you were against Filmation variants?
    If Marzo is thinking like I am, he's not dying for everyone to get a repaint, but if we have to get one, Filmation is the way to go.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 26, 2011 at 06:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm reading a 200X variant got bumped, not a 200X character, so I wonder how this affects the bonus figures since that's where I would expect any variants to have been released (and confuses me how a Filmation character would bump a variant).

A new answer is up! TG was on point with this one. I JUST posted it.

What does that answer mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    What does that answer mean?
    Either Filmation Variants are a go or Quarterly Variants will be replaced by New Characters, making it 16 new characters a year.

It would seem MOTUC is making another change.

I have a feeling if it's the latter choice, variants are now going to follow the She-Ra 2.0 route and be optional, non-sub purchases. If this is so, I have no problem with it. Lots of fans don't like variants.

I'm not reading too much into his latest answer. I think he might have just wanted to cut off speculation on the specific pair of figures he was talking about. I was originally thinking he was replacing Evilseed with Lizard Man or something similar but now who knows. I'm still counting on 2012's line up to be awesome as promised by Scott when he said you'll thank me for making Shadow Weaver the sub bonus and therefore making you get the sub.

I hope PowerCon still gets an awesome reveal now that Grayskull is off of the table.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Man, I hope Evil Seed didn't get bumped. He's one of the 200x characters that's been high on my list.

Heroic Warrior
    Some new questions got some answers, I'm too lazy or inept to add them. Most people will be pleased with his Star Sister/POP answer.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If Marzo is thinking like I am, he's not dying for everyone to get a repaint, but if we have to get one, Filmation is the way to go.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'd much rather have Filmation variants over 200x variants if I have to have ANY variants.

Evil Seed is a toss up though. I'm cool with either one, although I'd like both heads for him.

Either Filmation Variants are a go or Quarterly Variants will be replaced by New Characters, making it 16 new characters a year.

I have a feeling if it's the latter choice, variants are now going to follow the She-Ra 2.0 route and be optional, non-sub purchases. If this is so, I have no problem with it. Lots of fans don't like variants.
    That's the way they should treat ALL variants and repaints from now on. I've been saying they should go this route since my TRU never got a 2 pak past the first 2.

Variants and repaints should be done in a smaller quantity and outside of the sub. They'd fly off of Matty with or without the sub if there were less made and Matty told everyone of that fact. "Limited edition repaints" or something of the sort. Only way we'll probably get a Green Trap Jaw or anything of that sort I bet.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Thanks, cbomb23!

That POP answer will spark some debate...and so will that Jetlag answer...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 27, 2011 at 05:37pm.

I agree with him on the Jetlag answer. Those characters have little interest compared to other much-wanted characters. Even the Star Sisters were wanted more than most Jetlag characters.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Honestly, beyond Mara's two looks, Crita's two looks, Sebrian, the 4 Scientists, Drissi, Caz, UR and Gleep, I don't think there IS any more calls for anymore Jetlag characters. Perhaps Dreadator...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I agree with him on the Jetlag answer. Those characters have little interest compared to other much-wanted characters. Even the Star Sisters were wanted more than most Jetlag characters.
    Star Sisters all day over anything NA. NA aint even in the Star Sisters' league imo.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I think Toyguru should add Master Sebrian and Crita to his list of New Adventures must-haves. Can't think of any others beyond the NA characters that were made as toys. But I'm not that familiar with NA, so I may be missing someone vital.

That would be a very interesting change. I'd be behind it because I want more figures, but I'd rather see 16 new figures + the variants in the sub.

With Jetlag I for sure want Crita, Mara, and Master Sebrian then Drissi then Caz. Then maybe in 2029 we can have the scientists.

NA in this line is scary. The characters have so much stigma going against them, even with the 4H sculpting them.

I wish my question would've got a little more definitive answer about Sagitar, Modulok, and Multi-Bot.

Outside of the main NA cast (minus the Scientists), I wouldn't mind eventually getting Aquata and Biskeeta.

While not every figure is going to be for everyone, Star Sisters represents a lot of what MOTUC is all about. Here you are getting not only 3 (three) POP girls with a ton of new parts, but they were never before produced before and shown only in the 1987 catalogue!

The Star Sisters were always intended as the first 2012 large size item/multipack and had nothing to do with enticing fans for a sub since one did not exist when they were slotted in. The figures that are Jan-March are just the first three month's figures.
    Some folks were dragged with these two comments.

NA in this line is scary. The characters have so much stigma going against them, even with the 4H sculpting them.
    People need to get over themselves, Flipshot and Optikk turned out fine.

Plus Jetlag figures, really?? Most NA fans like myself are still waiting for some more of the core guardians and mutants

Give me Mara, Crita, Master Sebrian and a Sagitar toon head and I will be fine if that's all that came from the show

That is nothing compare to what others genres almost demand with mini comics obscurities and Filmation
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    People need to get over themselves, Flipshot and Optikk turned out fine.

Plus Jetlag figures, really?? Most NA fans like myself are still waiting for some more of the core guardians and mutants

Give me Mara, Crita, Master Sebrian and a Sagitar toon head and I will be fine if that's all that came from the show

That is nothing compare to what others genres almost demand with mini comics obscurities and Filmation
    I totally agree this would make me happy with Jet Lag.

From the New Adventures cartoon, I'd want Critta and Mara, but I'm not sure I'd want a Master Sebrian figure- and I already know that I'll NEVER want The Scientists. And no Primus Disguise Adam for me either- out of anything in that show, I always hated that he looked like he stepped out of an old-school religious Christmas cartoon special. I used to joke while watching the 'toon that NA was He-Man's adventures on "Planet Jerusalem" thanks to that look of Adam's.
    So yes ToyGuru- Shokoti, Icer and Strongarm before some of those cartoon-only characters from NA! I'll speak with my dollars and buy MANY Shokotis (what is the max on sale day, ten?) if it means getting her before that hippopotamus-man creature that used to tend the gardens in NA!

Honestly, beyond Mara's two looks, Crita's two looks, Sebrian, the 4 Scientists, Drissi, Caz, UR and Gleep, I don't think there IS any more calls for anymore Jetlag characters. Perhaps Dreadator...
    That's Pretty much All I want from the NA toon... Especially Drissi.

On TG's answer I thought the Scientists showed up in the Please DON'T Make them lists... (although I'd like a set of them...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I don't want anything from the NA cartoon. That's the day I'll truly become a "Cherry Picker".

Filmation villager #5 in scene 19 of episode 32 > Jetlag.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!