Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    People need to get over themselves, Flipshot and Optikk turned out fine.

Plus Jetlag figures, really?? Most NA fans like myself are still waiting for some more of the core guardians and mutants

Give me Mara, Crita, Master Sebrian and a Sagitar toon head and I will be fine if that's all that came from the show

That is nothing compare to what others genres almost demand with mini comics obscurities and Filmation
    Tell me about it. Now that they have the Filmation Rights, they CAN make a cartoon Sagitar head! Damn...he could come with three heads, unhelmeted (Jetlag), helmet with blue visor (Jetlag) and vintage head.

i think adding NA cartoon figures is a bit soon... considering we've only gotten 2 NA figures so far but...

aside from the characters that had figures i want:
    Mara
    Crita
    Sebrian

but the ones i REALLY want (though even i know it might not be the best idea to have them in classics):
    UR and Gleep
    Gleanons and Galactimytes
    4 Scientists

i feel deeply in the minority with liking them... but hey, i hope the 'aww cute robots' factor might get UR and Gleep on my shelf one day! (i'll just keep the 4 scientists as my screen saver)

Aquata & Biskeeta for 2018?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I do LIKE the NA series, but really, the only figures I'd care about that weren't made in the original NA series are Mara, Sebrian, Crita and Darius. I don't even feel I need Sorceress, Adam, or Teela, and the scientists are nowhere near my top wants list.

To be perfectly honest, I'll be surprised if we ever do see the latter NA figures - I think I'd be happy with Hydron, Flogg and Slush-Head, at the very least.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    Gleanons and Galactimytes
    I love these too!

The only characters I'd want that werent in the original NA line would be:
    Mara
    Crita
    Sebrian
    Aquata

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I know this is OT but I hafta say how much better He man looks in NA! than he ever did in Failmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I don't want anything from the NA cartoon. That's the day I'll truly become a "Cherry Picker".

Filmation villager #5 in scene 19 of episode 32 > Jetlag.
    aha sure...this from the man who was swayed into the collecting of MYP!

Youll come around!!!! *Maniacal Laugh*
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; August 27, 2011 at 07:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I can see some of the guys who got "excited" for Bikini Teela wanting Crita for MOTUC...

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    aha sure...this from the man who was swayed into the collecting of MYP!

Youll come around!!!! *Maniacal Laugh*
    The difference here is that I enjoyed MYP for what it was while it was aired. I NEVER liked NA so it's all about how well the Four Horsemen can incorporate them into actual MOTU figures.

I will admit that I like Optikk and Nerf Flipshot so far...but I don't see myself buying a variant of He-Man with a pony tail wearin his Wranglers.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I know you have nothing to do with what is featured in your gifs, but how did that person have their glasses fall off only to have them back on when they were being dragged? I expect better from my Canadian cop shows.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    The difference here is that I enjoyed MYP for what it was while it was aired. I NEVER liked NA so it's all about how well the Four Horsemen can incorporate them into actual MOTU figures.
    Doh!!!! I wrote MYP by mistake, I meant MLP!!!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Doh!!!! I wrote MYP by mistake, I meant MLP!!!!!
    Hey man, I always liked MLP. I watched MLP and Friends as a kid. I also enjoy Friendship is Magic on the Hub (it's usually on right before Jem).

Anyways, I only have a few chillin around and they don't have the brushable, rooted hair so...yeah.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hey man, I always liked MLP. I watched MLP and Friends as a kid. I also enjoy Friendship is Magic on the Hub (it's usually on right before Jem).

Anyways, I only have a few chillin around and they don't have the brushable, rooted hair so...yeah.
    What's wrong with the brushable hair!? Aside the fact that none of the Rooted hair FIM Ponies look show accurate... (Never found the non-rooted variety...) Still I needed a FIM Pinkie Pie... Who is acting as my substitute Spirit...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I initially read your "chillin" as children and was wondering why not only did you have a few kids all of a sudden, but you weren't brushing their hair.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    What's wrong with the brushable hair!? Aside the fact that none of the Rooted hair FIM Ponies look show accurate... (Never found the non-rooted variety...) Still I needed a FIM Pinkie Pie... Who is acting as my substitute Spirit...
    I don't like the way rooted hair looks. I never did really. Well except for Entrapta. Her's was cool, but it got so jacked up after decades in my toybox.

Rooted hair is what makes something too "doll-like" and not enough action figure-like for my tastes. I loved my vintage PoP figures though! Although I was 4 years old so I didn't really give a ****.

Here's the newest addition to the herd, Applejack, chillin on the coffee table about to take part in some 2nd hand black flower smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I initially read your "chillin" as children and was wondering why not only did you have a few kids all of a sudden, but you weren't brushing their hair.
    You and your misreading words into other things!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Aquata & Biskeeta for 2018?
    Which episode(s) were these characters in? I don't recall them from the series at all. But, yes, I would be interested in them, but towards the end of the line... Maybe when they get into the Ice Cream Maker Guy-phase.

I don't like the way rooted hair looks. I never did really. Well except for Entrapta. Her's was cool, but it got so jacked up after decades in my toybox.

Rooted hair is what makes something too "doll-like" and not enough action figure-like for my tastes. I loved my vintage PoP figures though! Although I was 4 years old so I didn't really give a ****.

Here's the newest addition to the herd, Applejack, chillin on the coffee table about to take part in some 2nd hand black flower smoke.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3922/dsc00662x.jpg

You and your misreading words into other things!
    I DID say that Rooted hair makes them NOT Show Accurate... (Don't get me started on Princess Celestia being Swift Wind Pink)
    I wish I could find those Plastic hair ponies... but they have eluded me... Applejack does NOT have her hat!? Damn!
    But linking this to MOTUC, That's pretty much the reason why I prefer Plastic hair over rooted... Not a fan of rooted hair, flocking, fake fur or cloth items on plastic toys...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    From NA (Jetlag), I'd really like to see Master Sebrian and Crita. Mara would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    From NA (Jetlag), I'd really like to see Master Sebrian and Crita. Mara would be cool too.
    Same here...

I think making the NA scientists would be the ultimate test for MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think making the NA scientists would be the ultimate test for MOTU.
    Make them the final year. I loved the show and want most of the characters ( i would but these if released) but make them at the very end of the lie once we have GOTTEN ALL OTHER CHARACTERS ( REVEALED OR COMING)

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Make them the final year. I loved the show and want most of the characters ( i would but these if released) but make them at the very end of the lie once we have GOTTEN ALL OTHER CHARACTERS ( REVEALED OR COMING)
    There's AT LEAST 200 characters, given Filmation/etc rights, to go. The line isn't likely to last the 16+ years that'll take, so a pre-planned "final year" doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I would do the opposite. I'd have the NA scientists as a secondary SDCC exclusive 4 pack. While alot of MOTU fans wouldn't buy them, except the NA fans and some others, it could move because of it's status as a rare/HTF SDCC exclusive. Just make the bare minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    There's AT LEAST 200 characters, given Filmation/etc rights, to go. The line isn't likely to last the 16+ years that'll take, so a pre-planned "final year" doesn't work.
    If MYP and Jetlag are of any indication, I think Filmation might go the route of only making the most wanted characters. So that's probably under 20 characters.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 27, 2011 at 11:28pm.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Just make the bare minimum.
    Then it wouldn't be worth it - even if they wanted a "secondary exclusive", the sculpting/etc time and tooling cost could be more profitably employed on... well... ANYTHING else - from a pair of Brightmoon Guards to a Filmation Skeletor/Evil-Lyn pack - that would sell more than "the bare minimum".

Plus, your repeated push for additional non-sub/"secondary" items is at odds from the pulling back toward the core (sub) items Toyguru's signalled in fear the line's at or beyond the limit of what they can move in the longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Then it wouldn't be worth it - even if they wanted a "secondary exclusive", the sculpting/etc time and tooling cost could be more profitably employed on... well... ANYTHING else - from a pair of Brightmoon Guards to a Filmation Skeletor/Evil-Lyn pack - that would sell more than "the bare minimum".
    Maybe bare minimum was a bad choice of words. Basically, I meant not to overproduce them, knowing the audience is small like it was for Mo-Larr. Mattel would need to make a safe amount so that they aren't overstocked with NA scientists. It's like how they were cautious with Battle Cat, Tytus or any new SKU.

Plus, your repeated push for additional non-sub/"secondary" items is at odds from the pulling back toward the core (sub) items Toyguru's signalled in fear the line's at or beyond the limit of what they can move in the longer term.
    Those ideas have a basis in reality. We might be heading in that optional non-sub variant direction, going from what TG said about making an official announcement about the Filmation character replacing a 200X variant.

Plus, we've had two secondary SDCC exclusives these last two years. In 2010, we had Mo-Larr and in 2011 we've had Polly Pocket. We'll see if Mattel starts giving MOTUC only one exclusive from now on.