Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe bare minimum was a bad choice of words. Basically, I meant not to overproduce them, knowing the audience is small like it was for Mo-Larr.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFWTK 2.57 View Post
    Mo-Larr actually sold just as well as any other figure despite fans on both sides of the aisle with strong opinions...the quota we sold through on Mattycollector.com was the same as any other figure.
    Those ideas have a basis in reality. We might be heading in that optional non-sub variant direction, going from what TG said about making an official announcement about the Filmation character replacing a 200X variant.
    Uh-huh...
    "But the lower overall sub sales for 2012 (compared to 2010 and 2011)have caused us to drop a few as yet announced non-sub items we were exploring for late 2012"
    "Any changes to the line will be to unannounced non sub 2012 items or to 2013... the lower sub sales just mean we are reviewing backing off of line EXPANSIONS for more unannounced items"

Your "replacing" quote doesn't even prove that the Filmation character will be taking a variant slot - it might have been a budget reshuffle that made the 200X character unaffordable in the same year, for instance. It CERTAINLY doesn't prove they'll be doing non-sub variants they didn't previously intend and haven't announced.

Plus, we've had two secondary SDCC exclusives these last two years. In 2010, we had Mo-Larr and in 2011 we've had Polly Pocket. We'll see if Mattel starts giving MOTUC only one exclusive from now on.
    Neither of those were led by the MotUC team. The Mo-Larr set was suggested by - and, more importantly, came with money from! - Cartoon Network/Robot Chicken, while the MotUPP set was the Polly Pocket SDCC exclusive (which happened to feature MotU characters) and so came entirely from their budget and sculptors rather than TG/the 4H/etc. You want a set entirely on the back of the MotUC budget, which would need budget cuts elsewhere (certainly in the "main" SDCC exclusive, and probably the general budget too) to enable it.

In other words, Mattel have only EVER "given MotUC" one exclusive, and the "secondary exclusive" has been paid for elsewhere.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I think making the NA scientists would be the ultimate test for MOTU.
    The possibility of the Scientists in MOTUC came up during one of the RGD interviews at the SDCC fan get-together. A bunch of Orgers gathered around the mic and all gave their thoughts on the NA Scientists. It'll be interesting to see if that segment makes it into the show.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I don't think RGD exists anymore.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Neither of those were led by the MotUC team. The Mo-Larr set was suggested by - and, more importantly, came with money from! - Cartoon Network/Robot Chicken, while the MotUPP set was the Polly Pocket SDCC exclusive (which happened to feature MotU characters) and so came entirely from their budget and sculptors rather than TG/the 4H/etc. You want a set entirely on the back of the MotUC budget, which would need budget cuts elsewhere (certainly in the "main" SDCC exclusive, and probably the general budget too) to enable it.

In other words, Mattel have only EVER "given MotUC" one exclusive, and the "secondary exclusive" has been paid for elsewhere.
    Yup you are correct on that one, the MOTUC budget is only designed to handle 1 exclusive. Given the language used recently about no expansions the money would need to be donated (like it has been for the mini-comics) or it would have to be another cross-brand/cross-license deal.

For example I assume if Classic Media wanted to foot the bill there could be a Filmation or Jetlag exclusive. But barring something like that I just don't see it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't think RGD exists anymore.
    LOL! Did it ever really exist or was it all just a mass hallucination?

I suspect another avalanche of Goobledom will be coming sooner or later. Power-Con has slowed things down a bit and I know Val is mega-swamped with work, but we've been recording them every week since SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    For example I assume if Classic Media wanted to foot the bill there could be a Filmation or Jetlag exclusive. But barring something like that I just don't see it.
    I agree. I think they'll be especially cautious with the $$$ this year. Your suggestion of Classic Media footing the bill for an extra exclusive in addition to the Matty one would be really awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    LOL! Did it ever really exist or was it all just a mass hallucination?

I suspect another avalanche of Goobledom will be coming sooner or later. Power-Con has slowed things down a bit and I know Val is mega-swamped with work, but we've been recording them every week since SDCC.

I agree. I think they'll be especially cautious with the $$$ this year. Your suggestion of Classic Media footing the bill for an extra exclusive in addition to the Matty one would be really awesome though.
    Val needs to get some Orgers with skills to be his unpaid interns and edit and post these. Who knows, having someone outside the core talent finalize them might actually actually add to the product. . . Val certaintly turns out stellar podcasts but if it going to be like 3-4 months without regular posting, having a backup could help. I'm really looking forward to the SDCC episodes.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yay for Gooble hallucinations!

I guarantee I'll think I'm having a hallucination when I see that next wave of Gooble. Can't wait for it.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Maybe bare minimum was a bad choice of words. Basically, I meant not to overproduce them...Mattel would need to make a safe amount so that they aren't overstocked with NA scientists
    CAN they make an amount that low and still make a profit?

Let's see, I started a poll involving the NA scientists here - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213625 . The odds are effectively stacked in their favour, since I picked a very obscure army builder as a comparison, so how will they do?

Here you go, MGM, just thought I'd help you out as a few tidbits regarding The Rock Warriors and the packaging for next year's figures have just been posted :

MOTUC Question for ToyGuru

I know for DC that you like Blackhawk and Kamandi and some other pretty obscure characters... But who are your personal faves for MOTU?

He-Ro, Carnivus and Webstor.

I also really like the Rock Warriors but at 100% tool even I ain't holding my breath for Stonedar and Rockon in the immediate future.

30th Anniversary Figures

Will they be packaged in a new design or just display the 30th Anniversary sticker? Thanks for your time.

No. But all figures released in 2012 will have the 30th logo on the back in place of the Classics logo.

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Last edited by Shecky; August 29, 2011 at 12:58am.

I'm glad TG digs Rock Warriors and I hope we'll see them in the not so immediate future!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

In Toyguru talk, that probably means at least one is coming in the second half of 2012 or first half of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I know you have nothing to do with what is featured in your gifs, but how did that person have their glasses fall off only to have them back on when they were being dragged? I expect better from my Canadian cop shows.
    I didn't even notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Which episode(s) were these characters in? I don't recall them from the series at all. But, yes, I would be interested in them, but towards the end of the line... Maybe when they get into the Ice Cream Maker Guy-phase.
    Aquata is in The Siege of Serus.
    Biskeeta is in Running of the Herd.

Jetlag characters I need:

Mara (both looks)
    Crita (both looks)
    Master Sebrian
    Drissi
    Caz
    Grot
    Dreadator
    Gleep
    UR
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Is it bad that I want the NA Scientists made not because I'm dying for them but because I'm a sucker for an underdog(even fictional ones)?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Is it bad that I want the NA Scientists made not because I'm dying for them but because I'm a sucker for an underdog(even fictional ones)?
    I'm the same way. I'm not a big Scientist fan, but I'd want them in the line, as well as all the other NA supporting characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

i'm so SO happy that my fav Evil-Lyn is not to sexy for mattel to do now lets get her made!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    This has nothing to do with the actual content of his answers, but what is up with TG messing up the use of "their" vs "there" so often? Sheesh!!
    By now, he must be doing it intentionally. I mean, geez, today's answer. Wow.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

TG posted that he is now only the brand manager for 2 lines MOTUC and GL movie....with GL movie all but dead he's only left with MOTUC...so is that like really bad news for him?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    This has nothing to do with the actual content of his answers, but what is up with TG messing up the use of "their" vs "there" so often? Sheesh!!

Sorry, not trying to be insulting by saying that, but it just gets on my nerves.
    Yeah I agree....It bugs the hell outta me too! I love reading his posts, but that really frys my grits!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar

Sorry, not trying to be insulting by saying that, but it just gets on my nerves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    By now, he must be doing it intentionally. I mean, geez, today's answer. Wow.
    Lol, I just finished reading the newest posts, and needed to comment on this. Holy Lord!!! "THEIR-Gate" is alive and well!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    Lol, I just finished reading the newest posts, and needed to comment on this. Holy Lord!!! "THEIR-Gate" is alive and well!!
    While I admit that it has gotten a bit out of hand, as a brand manager he should pay attention to things like that. I sincerely feel bad when I make those kind of mistakes myself, even though English is not my native language. But I guess that's just because I'm a teacher

Anyway, contrary to what was said in the other thread, bad grammar does not make someone untrustworthy (except maybe in regards to their self-proclaimed writing skills).
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Updated the first post with lots of new answers!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

give the guy a break really. he posts because he is a fan of the brand and wants to engage with the fans. it isnt like his job is head PR man for something; it is not his job to post on forums to answer fans' questions. look at the other mattycollector lines and take a look at how often the fans get an official reaction to anything. if you were a dcuc or GB fan youd have a lot more to get upset about than this.

if you dont like his mistakes, then by all means stop reading his posts.

The only thing that's a bit confusing to me, is this part of one of the answers:

Based on the current sales numbers we feel we are right where we want to be in terms of number of skus and price points (although we may make a slight tweak in 2013 especially if we need to slightly raise prices).
    It doesn't seem to jive with what was previously being said about them looking into lowering the amount of skus for 2013 (since some folks were complaining about the high cost of the subscription).

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It doesn't seem to jive with what was previously being said about them looking into lowering the amount of skus for 2013 (since some folks were complaining about the high cost of the subscription).
    what has me wondering is that i cant figure out if these it is ok statements are just about the sub (we have enough support to keep the sub as it is), or if it is about the sub and non-sub stuff (we have enough support to do vehicles and granamyr level items).

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The only thing that's a bit confusing to me, is this part of one of the answers:

It is a little confusing, but I think his previous posts were 1) asking if people wanted less skus in 2013, and 2) saying they would be doing less new skus in 2013. Meaning the same number of skus as 2012.

But of course all of that is just talk. At this point, I wouldn't try holding anyone to anything they say about what they may or may not be doing in 2013. Especially since it's all hypothetical and nothing is locked down. Nevermind how quickly things are known to change with this line.
    Bill :: guitargod694