Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    is the Hordak Brother thing bother anyone else besides me ?
    The Horde Empire is like the Lannisters in Game of Thrones, keep the family powerful by putting them in high positions. If Horde Prime is that great and powerful, I wonder what daddy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    I think Matty should do Horde Prime as a single diorama piece, making him look like the character in the Filmation series with a huge dark facade and metal hand that materializes over the bridge. That would be awesome!
    I would pay $100 for this, has to be bigger than Granamyr, who should be bigger than Stay Puft.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; August 8, 2011 at 10:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot View Post
    is the Hordak Brother thing bother anyone else besides me ?
    I'm not a fan of that, but I stopped caring after The Sorceress was killed off.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    "Both Sorceress[es]"? The context on that makes me Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope Horde Prime is killed so that Hordak can rule the Horde. I've always hated that Horde Prime turns Hordak into a replaceable office manager of the Etherian branch of the Horde.
    Nope. Skeletor kills Hordak then heads off to take on Horde Prime in New Adventures, remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Nope. Skeletor kills Hordak then heads off to take on Horde Prime in New Adventures, remember.
    Where was it ever said that Hordak dies, or more specifically that Skeletor kills Hordak? If I'm not mistaken, from Optikk's bio we only know that Hordak was defeated by Skeletor, not killed.

Could he be dead? Sure, anything's possible in this new canon (ie. The Sorceress), but we don't know for sure that Hordak is dead at this point. I think we'll know for sure at some point in the new mini-comics, or in the bios of which we'll "have to keep reading"

Regards,
    Victor P.

Here is the official Thread for those for want to discuss about Horde Prime :
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...07#post2781607

Some good answers here, good news they can use Prime now, Supreme wasn't that bad but Prime is the original name (just hope they use the UK comics version of him). Shame we can't use Galactic Guardians as well.

See now the DCUC VS MOTUC packs are no more I'm a little worried we are going to get the lame repaints that would have been used in those two-pack as quarterly variants in the sub.

Personally I'm glad their not going to rewrite bios to include Filmation stuff and the mini-comic and MYP version were almost always better anyway.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Personally I'm glad their not going to rewrite bios to include Filmation stuff and the mini-comic and MYP version were almost always better anyway.
    I strongly disagree with your statement. Filmation is the most iconic storyline for the franchise and the most recognized by the majority of people and a nod to Filmation in some of the bios would be a good thing. I don't know why so many people hate the Filmation cartoon. Without it, we wouldn't be here today discussing MOTU. Personally, I didn't like MYPs direction with the franchise at all. I hated NA, and the mini-comics I never really even read. I'm not a fan of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    See now the DCUC VS MOTUC packs are no more I'm a little worried we are going to get the lame repaints that would have been used in those two-pack as quarterly variants in the sub.
    Now you have me thinking that Evil-Lyn that we saw was originally intended for the 2-packs. Hence it just being a repaint and not a new dress. Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I strongly disagree with your statement. Filmation is the most iconic storyline for the franchise and the most recognized by the majority of people and a nod to Filmation in some of the bios would be a good thing. I don't know why so many people hate the Filmation cartoon. Without it, we wouldn't be here today discussing MOTU. Personally, I didn't like MYPs direction with the franchise at all. I hated NA, and the mini-comics I never really even read. I'm not a fan of comics.
    Too bad you never read the mini-comics as they (somewhat) continued the storyline from Filmation in the later ones.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Now you have me thinking that Evil-Lyn that we saw was originally intended for the 2-packs. Hence it just being a repaint and not a new dress.
    Good theory!!!!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I'm just impatient to see how the 4Horsemen/Mattel will deal with Horde Prime Figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Now you have me thinking that Evil-Lyn that we saw was originally intended for the 2-packs. Hence it just being a repaint and not a new dress. Hmm
    I don't think this is the case with this one as we got a new head and a cape, not just a straight repaint like the DC two packs. But a green Trap Jaw would most likely be just a straight repaint which are good enough for the quarterly variants IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

"Both Sorceress[es]"? The context on that makes me Hmmm....
    Although I am certain they will make a Teela-as-Sorceress figure in time, I firmly believe that the quote referenced above was just a product of bad grammar.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A bunch of new answers are up!

Tallstar, whip out that Star Sisters style guide thingee. I KNOW you have it!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm actually quite happy TG put the nail in the coffin of FILMation styled figures, and confirmed everything will be in the Classics detailed style. That was a thought that made my stomach turn a bit - two styles in one line, one magnificent and one far too simplistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    I'm actually quite happy TG put the nail in the coffin of FILMation styled figures, and confirmed everything will be in the Classics detailed style. That was a thought that made my stomach turn a bit - two styles in one line, one magnificent and one far too simplistic.
    You might not want to celebrate yet.

That takes care of the Filmation fans that wanted the animated look. There are still the fans who wanted Filmation variants in the Classics style. I've asked about it in Ask Matty.

I really don't think they'd do that when there are other worthwhile variations to do. Give me a red Beastman before a FILMation colored Beastman.

I really don't think they'd do that when there are other worthwhile variations to do. Give me a red Beastman before a FILMation colored Beastman.
    Well, my Filmation question was answered and I've JUST added it. No Filmation variants all across the board--animated or otherwise.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Well, my Filmation question was answered and I've JUST added it. No Filmation variants all across the board--animated or otherwise.
    That's not quite what he said - he said they wouldn't plonk, say, a Filmation He-Man head on an otherwise-unchanged MotUC He-Man body, and then repeated that they wouldn't be doing a JLU-style "MotUF" line...

That's not quite what he said - he said they wouldn't plonk, say, a Filmation He-Man head on an otherwise-unchanged MotUC He-Man body, and then repeated that they wouldn't be doing a JLU-style "MotUF" line...
    Both Filmation variant ideas were shot down in favor of straight repaints, which the fans aren't going to go for. Neither the JLU-style animated versions nor the Classic Filmation headed variants are do-able.

Both Filmation variant ideas were shot down in favor of straight repaints, which the fans aren't going to go for. Neither the JLU-style animated versions nor the Classic Filmation headed variants are do-able.
    Oh good - Could you imagine if suddenly characters across the board started popping up in a more-stylised fashion, with Marlena style eyes and we ended up with parallel Fillamation and MOTUC styles in one line? Ugh. The cohesiveness of the line is unparalleled - let's not muck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Oh good - Could you imagine if suddenly characters across the board started popping up in a more-stylised fashion, with Marlena style eyes and we ended up with parallel Fillamation and MOTUC styles in one line? Ugh. The cohesiveness of the line is unparalleled - let's not muck it up.
    Some of the Filmation variant fans didn't want animated figures.

And this makes me SO angry. If we can't get a Filmation He-Man head, then I almost don't care that they got Filmation rights.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    All characters will be done in the Classics style. So any Filmation characters like Icer, Batros, Sea Hawk etc... will be translated from their simplistic animated design into the Four Horsemen Classics design. (look at Shadow Weaver as an example).

Their are no plans at this time to do a seperate animated line or to do "main" characters like He-Man in a new simplified animted/Filmation version. All character whether from the vintage toy line, Filmation, MYP, mini comics or anything else will all be in the same "Classics" style.
    Ok....In two Paragraphs TG just convinced me to feel safe about the line again! maybe I wont hafta Cherry pick!

I couldnt care less if Cartoon characters are included...as long as they aint dumbed down in style and detail (and a LOT of the colors muted would be great too!)

But there still is just one Question I want to see answered...'Were Marlenas Dead eyes planned or a Mistake?'

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Originally posted by ToyGuru:
    All characters will be done in the Classics style. So any Filmation characters like Icer, Batros, Sea Hawk etc... will be translated from their simplistic animated design into the Four Horsemen Classics design. (look at Shadow Weaver as an example).

Their are no plans at this time to do a seperate animated line or to do "main" characters like He-Man in a new simplified animted/Filmation version. All character whether from the vintage toy line, Filmation, MYP, mini comics or anything else will all be in the same "Classics" style.
    According to what ToyGuru said, I am more than HAPPY !!! It's awesome ! This is exactly how I wanted they deal with Filmation characters. I was afraid about that...
    Filmation characters are great but too simple and "too cartoon"... I can't wait to see a BATROS or ICER in classics ! 4 Horsemen will "classicized" them with some great details!!

EXCELLENT NEWS!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Some (possibly many) of us grew up with motu having never seen filmation cartoons. I collected from day one and never saw a filmation cartoon until I was in my twenties in college. Now,I don't think there shouldn't be nods to filmation in the bios (ugh, double negative), but without filmation, motu would still be loved. You're rejecting the importance of obrero's packaging art, norem's paintings, etc. There was o much more to the mythos than just filmation...

I am glad of this as well. Just as they are not allowing all elements of the 200x series in order to keep a cohesive line, filmation characters need to fit as well into the line we are already so deeply invested in.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?