Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011

Heroic Warrior
    I've been meaning to ask this about Skeletor. The figure I got from the Toys r Us Two pack seems pretty cllose to Filmation. What changes do people want to it? Is it the hood?

We just don't have the resources to do this. Heads are a lot of tooling and deco and it would take too many resources away from the line. I know fans want this but it just is not something we can offer.

We will try to sneak extra heads in where we can (Demo-Man's comic book Skeletor head anyone?) But don't look for an all heads back. It isn't in the cards regardless of demand or requests. Additionally, design management specifically asked us not to do this as a pack of heads felt morbid. I did pitch it and reviewed it with the team. Despite demand, don't coun't on this one happening anytime soon. Sorry.
    Replace BG repainted Teela/Evil Lyn with a head pack.

I can tell you we will not be changing the price. He will remain a 20.00 figure. If we do have to cut accessories it doesn't mean we can't release those later in some other way.
    Like the mythical Keldor swords that should have come with him last year and the mythical 200x Evil Lyn variant?

Yeah. I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this about Skeletor. The figure I got from the Toys r Us Two pack seems pretty cllose to Filmation. What changes do people want to it? Is it the hood?
    I'd like a Filmation Skeletor specifically because of the hood. I like the current Skeletor, but he is wearing a bonnet. PD He-Man is even wearing a hood.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 18, 2011 at 02:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Replace BG repainted Teela/Evil Lyn with a head pack.

Like the mythical Keldor swords that should have come with him last year and the mythical 200x Evil Lyn variant?

Yeah. I won't be holding my breath on that one.

I'd like a Filmation Skeletor specifically because of the hood. I like the current Skeletor, but he is wearing a bonnet. PD He-Man is even wearing a hood.
    hahaha i'm with you on that

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    Head/hood, non-furry loincloth, different belt-thing (longer, three-pointed), different crossbones logo (shorter bones with larger heads, angled closer to the vertical), boots not bare feet, bare human forearms. Oh, and different accessories - Filmation Havoc Staff and Filmation axe with orb on the top for starters, also at least one episode-centric device like Diamond Ray of Disappearance or his invisibility helmet.

Last edited by Reboot; August 18, 2011 at 02:23pm.

I really hope Matty will do polls on what fans want. TG stating the "the fans" wanted more females is a bit incorrect IMHO. There is a very vocal group pushing for certain things like females or exotic characters on this forum and Mattys forum.
    A poll with 1 vote each would make a more realistic picture of what the fans want.
    They are doing a poll for that figure the DC subscribers want, so there is precedent now.

I can't say enough how much I don't want Filmation versions of characters we would be getting anyhow. Skeletor, He-Man, Adam, Duncan...Oi.

Teela, maybe, as it could be a good avenue to release her with the new buck, as a young Lyn would be for her.

In my humble opinion, Filmation rights should be used to get all new characters out, such as Lizard Man, Trollans, Fang Man, Strongarm, Shakoti, Masque, Scorpia, Octavia, Seahawks, Razz, Broom, etc...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A bunch of new questions are up.
    It isn't TG's fault, but "grrrr" to that head pak answer.
    Don't forget mine from Monday dude!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Gee, do you think someone doesn't quite get that we are not asking for an "animated" look/toyline... (although that would make for an interesting toyline)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

SO it's OK to buy disembodied Barbie Heads... on a RETAIL LINE FOR LITTLE GIRLS, but it is TOO MORBID to get MOTU HEADS for an ONLINE-ONLY ADULT COLLECTOR LINE!? What the heck, man?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Head/hood, non-furry loincloth, different belt-thing (longer, three-pointed), different crossbones logo (shorter bones with larger heads, angled closer to the vertical), boots not bare feet, bare human forearms. Oh, and different accessories - Filmation Havoc Staff and Filmation axe with orb on the top for starters, also at least one episode-centric device like Diamond Ray of Disappearance or his invisibility helmet.
    This is exactly the sort of thing I want Mattel to do. If they can do a minicomic style Alcala Skeletor head then they can do this too. I'm not asking for a straight up all-new animated body sculpt, just tweak the existing Classics to give us Filmation inspired versions. I would rather buy Filmation He-Man & Skeletor than the Flying Fists & Terror Claws variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...orToyMicro.gif http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ationMicro.gif
    That's just a simplified version of Skeletor with a different head and staff... if they made Alcalá head as a bonus with Demo-Man perhaps they could make a Filmation head as a bonus and a repainted Staff in a Weapons Pack...

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    QFT! We need a proper hood for Skeletor, plus monstrous five-toed feet.

I can't remember if the Alcala head has been shown on Skeletor. Was it a proper hood or yet another bonnet?
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    More new answers are up!

But I can see how some fans might take them as threats if we don't buy the sub...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Oh yeah...especially the bit about Castle Grayskull

Well, it was bound to happen...
    A LOT of people are moving on... they should've announced Castle Crayskull for next year... I think they dropped the ball on this one... and the line will suffer greatly...
    oh well...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I think the line will still do great. Just less people can afford the sub, or multiple subs. We still don't know how well each figure will do next month, and I'm kinda surprised by how Mattel seems committed to only one business model and seems to not even care about the regular sales anymore.
    What if most of the time the regular sales will make up for the missing subs? But of course they expect less buyers in general, so the lowered the numbers. Maybe if we go back to 5 minutes sell-outs, they'll notice they got something wrong...

These latest answers are depressing.

I want my Grayskull, but I won't buy an extra sub I couldn't afford to "guarantee" it. Mattel could do a better job advertising the line if they want more sales.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Oh yeah...especially the bit about Castle Grayskull
    Clearly !!! Wow.... I feel like powerless we were too close to get it and..........

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Last edited by Arvulis; August 19, 2011 at 03:38pm.

Yeah. I still bought my usual two subs this year. I debated on a third, but the 60$ Star Sisters turned me off. I like them, glad we got them, but I think anything over $60 dollars is a no-no for the sub.

The Wind raider, Tytus, and Megator were all $40. $40 dollars times three is $120 compared to $60 dollars times three for $180.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; August 19, 2011 at 03:43pm.

Honestly, I feel like they should wait until the close of the subscription before making all these definitive statements. Don't a lot of folks wait until the very last minute to make purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Clearly !!! Wow.... I feel like powerless we were too close to get it and..........
    ha. I love the second one.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    meh...

I'm not going to get stressed over this - I've got my sub - what will be will be...

But, I do think that going forward it would be wise of Mattel to either shrink the amount of skus coming out next year - or offer a tiered sub system - there does seem to be a sense of some fan sections being overwhelmed by everything which is coming be it character choice, extras, cost etc.

For the sake of speculation, which I normally hate to do, I would bet that the total number of PEOPLE that have ordered subs for 2012 has stayed about the same. I think the possible "fall off" is from the larger e-tailers not ordering so many total subs becuase a lot of them still have stock of figures from this past year, and even 2010.

Those stores probably have a better handle on what the after market actually is after a couple of years. I think Mattel is discovering that too. The first year or two of any line that is planned to go for several years are always the biggest sellers, but those numbers are inflated in terms of the long-term. There is always natural evening out, usually from the hype coming back down to Earth.

I am positive that MOTUC is in great shape and we will see it go for a long time to come. I think we will see a lot of new things as well, but the structure and timing just shifts a bit. I am still very optimistic for somthing like Grayskull, but they might need a new way of doing it. Pre-Orders with required minimums (like what is happening with the DC sub) might be a reality for some items in this line that we would never see any other way. I think Grayskull can do it.

All lines are organic, it will ultimately help this one grow even stronger.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I understand that a slow-selling figure will not going to be released again (Zodak, BG Teela), but closing doors to re-issuing a figure if it sells out quickly or if that character is massive demanded is just stupid.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Honestly, I feel like they should wait until the close of the subscription before making all these definitive statements. Don't a lot of folks wait until the very last minute to make purchases?
    Honestly I feel they should wait till the mid-point of 2012 to be making those definitive answers.

It also highlights just because we will buy anything does not mean you should push your luck. The way Scott is wording things its like we had 20 more skus waiting to be revealed on us but we are now punished because we did not all in unison say hell yeah pile more $$$$ on top

One minute we can't talk about anything 2-3 months out, next minute we are basically receiving threats about things coming in 1 1/2 years?!?! Make up your mind which it is Mattel

Oh well just give me whats in the 2012 sub and I will worry about 2013 when 2013 gets here
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback