Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primus' identity to be revealed. Guesses invited!

Master of New Adventures!

Primus' identity to be revealed. Guesses invited!

Okay. Since sobofblaine has actually become the first fan to take a quantum leap toward figuring out what Primus really is, I'm just about prepared -- after all these years -- to make the final reveal. I think you're all going to like the answer as it kinds of ties everything together in a way you'd never imagined, if you want a hint.

But before I make the reveal, let's take some guesses from all you fans. (MOTU loyalists are eagerly invited.) Whoever guesses right gets an autographed copy of my latest novel -- Cast On, Bet's Off. And one goes out to sonofblaine just for kicking off the festivities, so send me a private message with your address, buddy.

Good luck.

Best,

Jack

Well I'll just go ahead and guess it's Etheria.
    but Jack said something interesting when he said I'll let you guess WHAT primus is rather than say guess WHERE it is. maybe I'm just thinking too hard now but I love a good mystery I have another theory but I'll post it later.
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 19, 2007 at 12:15am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I seem to remember reading somewhere (series bible perhaps?) that the ruins of Castle Grayskull were supposed to be somewhere below Levitan, so that would have to mean Primus is Eternia, I guess.

But that seems to be too easy, and maybe things changed from the point in which the bible was written to the point in which the series took shape?

I don't know...curious.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Well I'll just go ahead and guess it's Etheria.
    but Jack said something interesting when he said I'll let you guess WHAT primus is rather than say guess WHERE it is. maybe I'm just thinking too hard now but I love a good mystery I have another theory but I'll post it later.
    You're wrong about it being Eternia, but extremely perceptive and very much on the track when you observed me say 'what' Primus is rather than 'where' it is.

Bravo.

The hunt in on!

Trolla.

Uh oh, it better not be one of those "Holodeck" type of things...

Hm, I just guess whatever's coming into my mind that it could be:

1) A future version of Etheria, Eternia's twin planet where She-Ra's living?

2) The original source of Castle Grayskull's power?

3) A past(!) version of Eternia? (That would mean that Eternia is Primus after a Great War has ravaged that world. It would explain how Eternia has so much technology, but still is set in a barbarian age.)

Chris here...

I'm going to take a stab and guess, is it Horde World in the future/past? I know the only time Horde World is seen in the She-Ra series, it's not entirely dissimilar to Moon Nordor...

You've really piqued my interest with this one, Jack - I remember several of us die-hard New Adventures fans having some quite in-depth debates about what Primus is, the most common debate being whether or not Primus is Eternia in the future. To finally get answers to this stuff is brilliant - game, set & match, Olesker!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Ammm....Earth?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I think it has something to do with the... POWER. The near-infinite mystical energy-source that powers He-man.

Mmaaybe, that Book of Evil... could it be that those elder-Primus people, are the same as the Elders of Eternia?

Yes, that could be it. Maybe this takes place so far in the future that the Power that's been contained in the core of Eternia, a planet in the center of the universe, that said center has shifted, and now the Power is actually contained within Primus instead...

Hmm.

This conversation really has my interest!

I don't have any guesses at the moment, but I'm excited that She-Ra/Etheria might tie into this somehow.

EDIT:

BTW: He-Fan's thoughts are too cool!

Primus....Horde Prime???
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 19, 2007 at 07:04am.

I guess it has to be Earth.. and it has something to do with He-Man's mother coming from Earth as well..

or maybe with the fact that in the live action movie the action took place in Earth.. ! is this the way that "EVERYTHING is tied together in a way we'd never imagine"... who knows! I m just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You're wrong about it being Eternia, but extremely perceptive and very much on the track when you observed me say 'what' Primus is rather than 'where' it is.

Bravo.

The hunt in on!
    hmmm now my old grey matter is racing. but for the record my initla guess was eTHeria - not Eternia but with the edit I put in concerning the WHAT rather than WHERE I hve a feeling I'm not right on that point.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    hmmm now my old grey matter is racing. but for the record my initla guess was eTHeria - not Eternia but with the edit I put in concerning the WHAT rather than WHERE I hve a feeling I'm not right on that point.
    I dunno how I would work out some of the plot holes, but I think it would be sorta cool if Primus was Etheria in the future and maybe She-Ra and The Rebellion or most of The Rebellion were defeated at some point by The Horde, at which point the planet was renamed in honor of Horde Prime. -- And that's why it was so important for Adam/He-Man to go there in the first place. -- Maybe She-Ra still exists somewhere (in this future). -- Or maybe he has to change some event to prevent the downfall of The Rebellion. Something along those lines.

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This conversation really has my interest!

I don't have any guesses at the moment, but I'm excited that She-Ra/Etheria might tie into this somehow.

It got my attention too, and I've not had a chance to watch many episodes, but I'm getting hooked in!

BTW: He-Fan's thoughts are too cool!

Primus....Horde Prime???
    If that's what it is I will be so totally stoked!!! Dare to dream...what a great guess Tally!

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76 View Post
    If that's what it is I will be so totally stoked!!! Dare to dream...what a great guess Tally!
    Thanks! It's probably wrong, but I like trying to make the connection anyway. heh

Adding a bit more to the story...

If She-Ra was really defeated at some point, maybe she used the magic of Castle Grayskull to transform herself into the hope for the planet. - Because The Horde couldn't destroy everything; the hope that she carried.

And this is why Adam's powers are changing in the future. His sword is taking on She-Ra-like abilities, because he has all her powers now!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Maybe Primus is the true source of the power of Grayskull. The "magical orb"

This could explain why so many elders are generating the shield for the planet.

But oh well.... I'll be here waiting for the answer that's for sure.

Primus is a fabrication of Marlena's. The history book has Earth history in it because it's coming from her mind, and bits and pieces are seeping through. You think Adam, if he really DID wanna show his parents he was He-Man, would do it in the middle of the throne room? She wanted everyone to know he was He-Man, to find have everyone proud of Adam and speak well of him. She has a mother's pride in her son, and she wants it to be known.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I have an idea, but I don't know if I should post it, since I'm already getting a copy of the Novel. So I'll keep it to myself. It's based on the fact that I stated that it might be Earth based on the episode where He-man quotes a great man in the texts in Sebrius' libary, which read "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." To which Olesker said that it wasn't Earth, but that was quite close.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe it is an other dimensional Earth/Eternia. Like Earth & eternia are accualy in different dimesiona like alternate universes version of the same planet thats how there are so many simulatities but not quite the same basicaly Earth=Eternia=primius just in different universes I know this is probably way off but. it's probably better that my other thought wich was earth in the past like say Atlantis time but then that would be to much like Beast Wars HMMMM.

of I know now i've set off everyones geek alarm but I do make mistakes from time to time

I've really no idea!

I would have guessed Earth as well, as there are several Earth references, like Hank Rappa and his time warp to the future. A parallel Universe perhaps? Where Grayskull and He-Man had been destroyed in the 'distant past'?

Definately a very interesting thread though Jack!

I will say its earth's future. and Nordor came from the moon.

and this after the planet from the apes movies.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Perhaps Mars?
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Could it be that Primus is simply a planet that was discovered and settled by explorers/travelers from Earth, similar to how He-Man traveled there from Eternia, and how his mother travelled to Eternia from Earth??

Could Sebrian himself be from Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere (series bible perhaps?) that the ruins of Castle Grayskull were supposed to be somewhere below Levitan, so that would have to mean Primus is Eternia, I guess.

But that seems to be too easy, and maybe things changed from the point in which the bible was written to the point in which the series took shape?

I don't know...curious.
    Nope. And that may have been in the 'bible' that was the original early development from Mattel. But it wasn't in the 92-page Mother-of-all-series-bibles that I wrote.

But thanks for your guess.

I seem to recall you either created a compelling thread or had a really on target post some time back. So thanks for your continuing contributions.

Best,

Jack