View Poll Results: Would you buy a slightly reduced sized SPYDOR?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, if reducing the size is the only way to get SPYDOR, count me in!

25 58.14%
  • NO, I would pass on this.

18 41.86%

Thread: Would you buy a slightly reduced sized SPYDOR?

Would you buy a slightly reduced sized SPYDOR?

Like the title says, this is a poll about SPYDOR. We don't know if we will be able to get more vehicles in the future. SPYDOR is one of those items that could fit into either the "vehicle" or "beast' slots. I always thought of the toy as a purely mechanical item, like the DRAGON WALKER. However, if you compare it to STRIDOR (something that IS considered for the beast slots) it is fundamentally the same.

Obviously, SPYDOR would be better articulated than the original. The six legs could have articulation in their many joints, plus there are the guns and the pincher that can snatch up He-Man.

sydorkopie.jpg
    94157.jpg

There are a couple of considerations that could hurt the chances of getting SPYDOR into the oversized beasts lineup. One is that the original is mechanical, and there will be the obvious disagreements from some fans about how essential that is.

Also to consider, and perhaps most importantly, is the size. To put SPYDOR in scale with the MOTUC figures, it would probably be the largest beast created, with the core body of the spider being comparable to the core of the Wind Raider. The legs would not be a huge issue, since they could just pop on once the item is removed from the packaging. But all in all, it would be HUGE. However, how big is SWIFT WIND with the wings outstretched?

If Mattel considered releasing SPYDOR as one of the four oversized items in the subscription, but reduced the overall size of the beast to scale it into an affordable size and amicable item for the sale slot, would you buy it?

If not, does the size and lack of electronic control make this item unappealing to you?
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; April 25, 2012 at 12:51am.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I would by a spydor if it was full size and worked! if it was just a small display piece than it's nothing more than a spider with a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would by a spydor if it was full size and worked! if it was just a small display piece than it's nothing more than a spider with a seat.
    I can only imagine that they would make Spydor articulated and more detailed than the original toy. I wasn't thinking of it as a "small display piece". What I'm asking would be regarding it's overall size being adjusted for affordability and packaging.

Also, we should all consider that if vehicle skus aren't continue, there might not be a MOTUC compatible version of Spydor. I would really like to see this toy get inclusion.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I can only imagine that they would make Spydor articulated and more detailed than the original toy. I wasn't thinking of it as a "small display piece". What I'm asking would be regarding it's overall size being adjusted for affordability and packaging.

Also, we should all consider that if vehicle skus aren't continue, there might not be a MOTUC compatible version of Spydor. I would really like to see this toy get inclusion.
    When I said worked....I meant legs articulated so we're on the same page Yeah, As long as Skeletor fits in it, it's passable!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    smaller is fine by me.
    If spydor was just a beast figure I'd be happy too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I voted yes, but I'd prefer it be in scale. I'd LOVE to get Spydor in MOTUC!!! Make it so, Matty!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I voted no. For me, it falls into the category of a want rather than a need in terms of importance. Still, good idea though.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Spydor was one of the few vehicle I didn't get as a child, but I think it's very cool. Even if we couldn't get it as a vehicle, I would be open to the idea of getting it as an articulated drone accessory for an upcoming figure (similar to Tri-Klops' doomseeker, but obviously a little bit bigger and badder).

I'd be disappointed if he were not quite big, I always loved how large he was. He isn't something i'm all that bothered about though so i'd prob pass if he wasn't just how I want him.

Snappy Threader
    Spydor has always been a fav of mine, when I was wee, my buddy had him and I didn't so I wanted him bad. I think they could reduce the size somewhat and still have him appeal to the masses. I would buy it.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    YES, if reducing the size is the only way to get SPYDOR, count me in! Main thing is that we get Spydor into the line!

Count me in for buying Spydor. One of my favorites now and as a kid. I'd like to have most of the vehicles/beats made from MOTU. I mean look how the Wind Raider turned out....beautiful.

I voted yes in as much as if they are willing to do Granny Mere so large and expensive, and that windraider which was just great, I dont see them having to shrink it all that much.

Even if it were just a mechanical beast and not something a figure could fit into quite properly, just a beast figure that was larger than Swift Wind, I'd be ok with it.

But I bet if they did it they'd do it right. So again, I vote, sure shrink if must.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I voted yes in as much as if they are willing to do Granny Mere so large and expensive, and that windraider which was just great, I dont see them having to shrink it all that much.

Even if it were just a mechanical beast and not something a figure could fit into quite properly, just a beast figure that was larger than Swift Wind, I'd be ok with it.

But I bet if they did it they'd do it right. So again, I vote, sure shrink if must.
    I don't see any reason why a reduced size of Spydor WOULDN'T be able to seat a figure. Honestly, the body isn't really that much bigger than Swifty or Battle Cat. The legs all use the same mold and could come detached in the package.

I had this vehicle as a kid and it always impressed anyone who saw it. It was, by far, the coolest action toy I ever had. I remember my girl cousins seeing it and loving how creepy it was. I used to scare dogs and cats with it, too!

As long as somebody can pilot Spydor, that would be cool. Getting a Spydor that is HUGE is no doubt going to be really pricey. Right now, the classic commercal song is stuck in my head.

"Spydor.... *drumbeat* Spydor...!"

I voted no, I really don't care about this one...I want Attack Trak or the Battle Ram, but what is the point of a vehicle no one in the line can pilot? If it's not in scale to the figures....it might as well be a statue on display.

And even as bad as I want the Attack Trak, I do not want anything less than something that is in scale with the figures, unless it's meant to be a smaller scale replica lie a Hot Wheel, then that I would take, because I collect Hot Wheels as well....somewhat casually.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!