View Poll Results: New Adventures Skeletor = Q3 2012 Variant? Yay or Nay?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am psychic and think he will be!!!

25 42.37%
  • No, that's plain stupid! It will be someone else...

34 57.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will NEW ADVENTURES SKELETOR be the 3rd 2012 quarterly variant?

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Will NEW ADVENTURES SKELETOR be the 3rd 2012 quarterly variant?

I (MISSILE-TOE) have been speculating for some time that NEW ADVENTURES SKELETOR will be revealed in the next few weeks to be the 3rd quarterly variant for 2012!!! I have no inside info, just a few gut feelings that we are due for one of the NA variants, and it would make good marketing sense to include NA SKELETOR with the final issue of the minicomic for (spoiler removed) reasons.*

(*you can guess what they are.)

Anyways, I'm setting myself up for a tremendous FAIL if I am wrong, and I hereby give everyone permission to laugh at me if I end up being wildly off-the mark , But we should find out if I am correct in a few weeks to a month!!! I am very excited and losing sleep right now!!!!!

So, who believes in my speculations...and who thinks I am talking CRAZY???? (only time will tell)

(NB - remember I correctly predicted where the 87 MOVIE would fit into the bios Timeline, as confirmed by Toyguru in RGD 81...so that is proof that I am SUPER SMART!!!!!)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 20, 2012 at 06:34pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Crazy???

I'm not judging!

No, for a combination of the two choices provided.
    Last edited by slackrguy; March 22, 2012 at 12:04am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'm leaning more toward Dragon Blaster Skeletor. You idea has merit though, I wouldn't call it stupid.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Snappy Threader
    If they are truly spreading everything out yes, if they are trying to stick to a somewhat vintage roadmap, then maybe not. I did however vote yes, because it does make sense to me.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Nobody would want this figure when so many others are in ine...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm wanting the n/a skeletor sooner than latter. the reveal being this year would be sweet.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think so...

Whenever the He-man/skeletor sets come out... I kind of expect He-man to come first. For some reason, I just don't see Thunder punch being teamed with NA Skeletor...

While various characters DO seem to come out of order.... I'm not sure we'll get Cyborg Skeletor before going back to 'normal' skeletor for Dragon blaster/terror Claws.

though to be fair... I'd actually prefer if they just released those items with other people, or as weapon packs... If Skeletor's gonna be on sale forever... we can fill them as needed.

i'm voting no cause i don't want it to be true; not calling anyone stupid.

I'm voting yes.

It should be NA Skeletor...

It will either be Dragon Blaster or NA... now, whether or not he's the third or fourth variant of the year is another issue.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm voting yes.

It should be NA Skeletor...

It will either be Dragon Blaster or NA... now, whether or not he's the third or fourth variant of the year is another issue.
    Gosh!!

Remember folks BCRDUKE is always right!!

(PS -It doesn't count if NA Skeletor ends up being 4th variant this year...it has to be 3rd variant for me to win at this game!!!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST

I voted no simply because Mattel has NEVER given us both a He-Man & skeletor Varient in the same subscription year. First we got BA He-Man in 2010 then we got BA Skeletor in 2011. So going by how Mattel puts these out I would think it's safe to say we won't see a Skeletor Varient untill 2013 and it will most likely be Dragon Blaster Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Gosh!!

Remember folks BCRDUKE is always right!!

(PS -It doesn't count if NA Skeletor ends up being 4th variant this year...it has to be 3rd variant for me to win at this game!!!)
    Umm bcrduke didn't hint at it with insider knolege all he did was agree with you that he feels it should be NA Skeletor because he likes the character
    Last edited by mjw41; March 22, 2012 at 10:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

Umm bcrduke didn't hint at it with insider knolege all he did was agree with you that he feels it should be NA Skeletor because he likes the character
    ...but...but...he is ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

always!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 22, 2012 at 11:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MOTUC WISH LIST

As much as i want a NA Skeletor (either version) I just feel we aren't going to get him. Also if we get him I want him done right. I would like both toy and cartoon (no matter how goofy) heads.

I think the NA He-Man & Skeletor will wait until the main vintage variants are done, considering they will just be Classics variants anyway. If any Skeletor comes, it will be Dragon Blast, because Thunderpunch He-Man is not, and BA Skeletor followed BA He-Man. If not a Skeltor variant this year, I hope for 2 other variants that actually make me say I have to have them, because TP He-Man is a must, SMAA....is a big fat NO!, and if a Skeletor comes out, I can pass....so I hope for 2 more I actually want.

I got 2 of the 4 from last year, and that's all I wanted, so far only one from 2012....I know the comic book should be a draw for me to have all 3, but SMAA is not worth the $22 for him.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

YES! I love NA!
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

I mocked up this image of how NA SKELETOR might be done using current MOTUC parts, so as not to cost too much tooling. I posted it in another thread, but it seems more relavent here -

If it turns out NA Skeletor isn't coming out this year, you all have my permission to print out this mockup onto cardboard, cut it out, and stand it next to your MOTUC collection to fill the void of dissapointment!!!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Heroic Warrior
    I do not think you are crazy. Your train of though makes perfect sense.

While I agree with your logic I think there are reasons why it may not happen. I would love a NA Skeletor but he has already had so many releases. You may argue that certain packs and figures don't count as proper variants but we've already had the original release, both open and closed hand, TRU 2 pack, the 2 pack with Mo-larr, Keldor, Demo Man, and BA. Is that more variants than He-Man has had? As much as I would love to see a new Skeletor variant I don't think it's in the cards this year. We are already getting TP He-Man so a NA He-Man probably won't happen either. Mattel probably wants to spread the releases of the He-Man and Skeletor variants to maintain interest in the line and to give other characters those slots. Your idea makes complete sense as the mini comics would introduce more NA characters and NA variants to the classics line so who better to give that slot to? I hope it does happen but if it doesn't who will be the variant that takes that spot?

Quote Originally Posted by cringer75 View Post
    I hope it does happen but if it doesn't who will be the variant that takes that spot?
    Yep, exactly....If we were to list all the possible figure variants left, I don't think there would be that many other choices.

1) Prob wouldn't be a He-Man variant, cause we already had one this year (ThunderPunch)
    2) Prob wouldn't be a Hordak Variant (Buzzsaw or Filmation) as we had one late last year.
    3) Prob wouldn't be a She-Ra Variant (only Starburst left?)
    4) Possibly not a MYP Variant as we would have just had Snake Man At Arms.

Thunderpunch He-Man appears in one panel n the minicomics. Snake Man At Arms appears in at least one panel of the minicomcs. 3rd variant would probably have to apear at least once in the minicomics.

5)I think Dragon Blaster Skeletor is too obvious from a collectors point of view, but not a good call from a Marketing point of view. Now we have Thunderpunch He-Man, it would make sense to keep Dragon Blaster back a bit to add to his fan demand. Introducing a New Adentures Skeletor right now, means more demand for a New Adventures He-Man down the line (everyone likes to complete pairs!) So Mattel has fans demanding for 2 additional figures if they release NA Skeletor (whereas no-one would demand anything if they released Dragon Blaster so soon).

Can anyone else think of any other variant it could be from a marketing point of view?
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I voted no simply because Mattel has NEVER given us both a He-Man & skeletor Varient in the same subscription year. First we got BA He-Man in 2010 then we got BA Skeletor in 2011. So going by how Mattel puts these out I would think it's safe to say we won't see a Skeletor Varient untill 2013 and it will most likely be Dragon Blaster Skeletor.

They gave us BA Skeletor and Preternia Disguise He-Man in one year...

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    na skeletor makes a lot of sense BUT WHICH ONE! they may pull a disks of doom out of left field. failing na skeletor i belive it might be oo-lar as a he-man varient it being the 30th aniversary i expect him sometime this year with an alcala head
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I would like to think it is possible, and it is, but I dont think it will be.

WOW!!

It's currently neck and neck, 21 for and 21 against!!!!

Hopefully the Variant reveal and the September reveal will be soon so we can be put out of our miseries!!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Battle Blade Skeletor is by far the BEST of the 3! I still have mine from retail 20+ years ago.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

There's WAY too much Skeletor already in my display (especially now with the Mo-Larr and Alcala head). If there is going to be a Skeletor variant I'd hope for NA because it's much more different. That being said, I think the next variant will be a female.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!