Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The He-Man and the MOTU Filmation 2017 character fan poll begins now!

The He-Man and the MOTU Filmation 2017 character fan poll begins now!

At SDCC's MattyPalooza 2015 panel, we learned that a 2016 He-Man and the MOTU Filmation subscription will soon be offered. It will feature Filmation He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Clawful, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw and Evil Seed (the sub exclusive). But what could a 2017 line-up entail? We'd love to know what Filmaton characters you'd like to see the most for 2017!

Since the He-Man and the MOTU Filmation line re-introduces many characters in the Filmation style, this particular poll focuses on more of the popular and most discussed Filmation characters. This poll consists of a list put together by Busta Toons and Scorpia that was then proofed by Mattel. It's been programmed by Adam Tyner. Images were provided by AdultCollector, gbagok, and Penny Dreadful. And the image sheets were put together by AdultCollector.

The first two rounds will be a YES/NO voting method. Please click "yes" or "no" next to the name of each character you would like to see released in future Filmation subscription. We will then take the characters with the most "yes" votes and place them into a final ranking poll to discover your most wanted 2017 He-Man and the MOTU Filmation characters!

This poll ends on Sunday, August 30th, 2015 at 11:00 PM Eastern.
    Click here to vote today!

And yes, the MOTUC Collector's Choice 2017 character fan poll is also coming soon! Two different polls to help let your voice be heard about what figures YOU hope to see in 2017!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Voting in this poll is really bitter sweet for me! There are lots of unique Filmation characters I want to own! Examples:

King Tamusk
    Kittrina
    Kol Darr
    Lord Tyrin (And Valtira!!!)

BUT I don't want them to look like a cartoon and lack detailing. I want them to look like CLASSICS! You know...the line I've been collecting for over 7 years... I'll be disappointed if these characters appear in Filmation, but not in Classics.

I love Filmation characters, but only in the MOTUC style. So, this poll is not for me as I care nothing about Club Filmation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Voting in this poll is really bitter sweet for me! There are lots of unique Filmation characters I want to own! Examples:

King Tamusk
    Kittrina
    Kol Darr
    Lord Tyrin (And Valtira!!!)

BUT I don't want them to look like a cartoon and lack detailing. I want them to look like CLASSICS! You know...the line I've been collecting for over 7 years... I'll be disappointed if these characters appear in Filmation, but not in Classics.
    This is more to the point of how I feel.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Luckily, you'll get your chance to vote for those particular characters again in the 2017 MOTUC Collector's Choice poll. That's coming in about a week. AdultCollector is slavin' away on images right now.

There's a few A-listers worth making, but there are others that are not. I personally don't see the point of a FILMation Orko. He already looks FILMation enough.

Mostly picked unmade characters, but like the previous posters have said, I'd rather have them appear in Collectors Choice than in this line. Dylamug especially.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Heroic Warrior
    You forgot frosta perfuma buzz off mekaneck whiplash man at arms Grizzlor leech shadow weaver man e faces mantenna and magestra since we have her staff and upcoming filmation evil lyn why not make her

Adora and orko are already filmation as is castaspella and razz imo
    Voted for
    Prince adam
    Triklops
    Fisto
    Dylamug
    Moss man
    Hunga
    Rung lashor
    Webstor
    Stratos
    Jitsu
    Hawke
    Merman
    Roboto
    Teela
    Entrapta
    Glimmer
    Widgets
    Uncle montork
    Kothos
    Ram man
    Last edited by degra; August 24, 2015 at 06:42pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I chose to abstain from voting as I won't be purchasing any releases from the Club Filmation line. The style doesn't really appeal to me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted for toyline Vintage and POP characters for HATMOTU.

I'm saving the new characters for Collector's Choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    There's a few A-listers worth making, but there are others that are not. I personally don't see the point of a FILMation Orko. He already looks FILMation enough.
    Isn't the difference the darker red color? Like Shadow Weaver?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Got my yes/no choices submitted! Lot's of great characters to choose from!

Does Granita not qualify as a Filmation character?? Or did I just miss her?
    Last edited by chuc98; August 24, 2015 at 06:53pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh and you need a "expand the line from 7 figures a year to more"

What about Hose Nose?!? Hose Nose or we goes!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I want them to look like CLASSICS! You know...the line I've been collecting for over 7 years... I'll be disappointed if these characters appear in Filmation, but not in Classics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I love Filmation characters, but only in the MOTUC style. So, this poll is not for me as I care nothing about Club Filmation. .
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Mostly picked unmade characters, but like the previous posters have said, I'd rather have them appear in Collectors Choice than in this line. Dylamug especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I chose to abstain from voting as I won't be purchasing any releases from the Club Filmation line. The style doesn't really appeal to me.
    I'm of the same mind of all of you. I WANT these Filmation characters, but NOT in the undetailed, upcoming Filmation line. If we don't vote for these characters, it might say to Mattel that they're not wanted, instead of saying we do not want them in this style. I'm very torn on what to do.

I think anyone who wants the new characters with detail added, should probably NOT vote for them in this poll. If they get a lot of votes, we'll end up getting them without details in next year's Filmation line, rather than the Collector's Choice line.

I think the only two I'll vote for is She-Ra (main character to go with the others) and Sea Hawk (because he was bloated).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I ve just voted.
    Some weird choices in the list but maybe that means they are planning to keep going the filmation line for some years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    100% agree
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    I'd vote for that, absolutely.

Anyone find it odd that we're getting 1 Heroic character and 6 Evil ones for 2016?

Thank you for allowing us to voice our opinions. I do have to say that the overall choices are very odd though. A lot of people will vote for characters like Hunga simply because she hasn't come out yet, even though I feel most would prefer her (and characters like Hawke, Kittrina, and Dylamug) to come in the Collector's Choice line.

As for figures who have already appeared in Classics, why are characters who are already so close to Filmation and had no production or design contorversies (like Madame Razz, Orko, and Castaspella) included, while those who could use Filmation "do overs" or who looked very different in the cartoon are missing (like Frosta, Bow, and Rattlor)?

If I were looking at things as a brand manager, not taking into account who I would want to see personally, several of the characters I would choose are not even listed, while super obscure characters who would likely not even warrant a slot in Collector's Choice are. That's just my opinion though, and like I said I'm thankful that we're getting to have some input.
    Last edited by Swifty; August 24, 2015 at 07:10pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Heroic Warrior
    I really don't want the line drawn out for years like motuc. Let's get it done and move on

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, a lot of the characters were just too minor or obscure, I'd like the line to stay pretty tight and focused on heavy hitters, sprinkling in obscures here and there, such as Evil Seed as an exclusive.

I really don't want the line drawn out for years like motuc. Let's get it done and move on
    Just what I was thinking.

I basically voted for every character that has not yet been made into a figure - with the exception of Jitsu/Chopper and Tung Lasher.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

You don't have to buy them

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Let's get back on track. Of course these aren't going to be highly detailed. They're characters from the 80's toon. We've been told this. Simple,sleek and subtle. And the packaging will be different as well. Sooooo think of it as a separate line using the Classics buck. So yea I voted for almost every figure on that list. Can I finally sign up for this sub?

Dylamug
    Hunga the Harpy
    Mer-man
    She-Ra
    Mantenna
    Leech
    Shadow Weaver
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

This is what I was hoping for in the Classics line. Yet I still want Vintage Classics playsets and vehicles/Beasts. There are few weird figures I'd want. But I'd really love Vintage Filmation characters the most.

You forgot...
    Like it says in the poll, this is the first of two YES/NO polls. There will be more characters in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Thank you for allowing us to voice our opinions. I do have to say that the overall choices are very odd though.
    I left that up to Scorpia and Busta Toons. IMO, when you get past the core Filmation characters, we get into a coin-flip scenario. But the idea was to add some additional cameo/guest star/done-in-one type characters to flesh out the poll a bit more.

Since the point of this line is to reintroduce popular characters in the Filmation style, my gut tells me the core characters will rise to the top. But, who knows, maybe there's a really demanded second stringer akin to Evil Seed that will also come out ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Like it says in the poll, this is the first of two YES/NO polls. There will be more characters in the second.
    Okay, I did not understand that from your initial post. That makes me feel a bit better.
    Last edited by Swifty; August 24, 2015 at 07:59pm.

Heroic Warrior
    This poll felt kind of weird to vote in, as it was probably the first poll that I ever voted AGAINST the POP characters. However that was mainly because we already got the Filmation looking version in Classics, so now I basically want to see the figures more resembling their vintage toy appearances.