Thread: Eternia Playset in MOTUC Official Discussion

Hybrid View

Eternia Playset in MOTUC Official Discussion

ok maybe im wrong but i was looking about and i didnt see nobody talking about that eternia that we had see on the display on the sdcc
    looking the video of pixel dan :

http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2035

i was thinking, that i would be more than happy to have that eternia on my hands, i mean maybe the tower that have the cage is kinda small that door but after that is perfect!!!!!!
    i mean they cannot say that they have to pay for a new tooling cause is there already its only to make a mold and start to sell it
    well i really hope they can do that!!!!!!!!
    its all ready for do it....... if not i think the next year i will try to do it for me
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would love a motuc eternia play set, but honestly, that one was just way too under scaled for me to get too excited about.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Each tower can be sold separately. I want all 3 playsets.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

i like the idea of selling them as three separate purchases - unlike castle grayskull that of course wouldn't mean cutting up the playset.

would you want the monorail though?

I absolutely want one

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I too was thinking about this. And even if we could get smaller replica's, not in scale with MOTUC, I would be fine with that. There are just so many incredible structures and landscapes within this universe that could make simply wonderful playsets, or what-have-you.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i like the idea of selling them as three separate purchases - unlike castle grayskull that of course wouldn't mean cutting up the playset.

im not sure if i would want the monorail with that eternia......
    maybe notor well could be included and anyone could choose to put it or not
    for his display
    i had the vintage eternia till the last year and its too big, i dont think should be aon scale, maybe a couple of inches more but not tooo big its enough for me
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I would love a larger scaled Eternia playset. For today that's my most wanted playset. I'd like one where the Central Tower is about three feet tall. I don't know where'd all display and store them if they made them, but we can worry about that if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post

This, it would be a great way of bringing out playsets rather than having to bring out something stupidly big and expensive to begin with!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Each tower can be sold separately. I want all 3 playsets.
    Yep
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Would be awesome, but Castle Grayskull first...

If it isn't an answer of something like "there are no plans for an eternian playset" Then you may hear something like what Hasbro tells the random guy at Joecon during the Q & A requesting a new USS Flagg playset, paraphrased "We will not be making a USS Flagg, but there are plenty on ebay and on the dealers floor." But hey, I thought we wouldn't see a Skystriker from Hasbro retooled anytime soon, and bam, I was proven wrong. I just like to stay realistic when it comes to potential toys. Would I want a Classics Eternia, you bet I would. It was one of two Masters play sets I didn't own as a kid, the other being the Fright Zone. I always wanted one and still do.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Would be awesome, but Castle Grayskull first...
    Exactly. CG first, then this. I would have to own both...
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    [...]they cannot say that they have to pay for a new tooling cause is there already its only to make a mold and start to sell it[...]
    Though they have a sculpt, I doubt this sculpt is ready to be tooled for mass production molds.

However, this is a gorgeous piece for display. Were I Scott, I'd find some way to keep this at my desk when not being used for conventions.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior

If we get Eternia, do. you want it sold as 1 set or 3 separate towers & for how much?

So, awhile back in a WTFWTK, Toy Guru said it was more plausible to get the 3 Towers of Grayskull than other playsets because the towers are solid pieces that don't need separating like CG or SM. So, with that said, if we do get the the 3 towers, would you want them sold together as one boxed set, or sold as 3 separate mini-playsets that come with parts of the track, a tram, and different accessories associated to each tower. And for how much would you pay for your choice?

Snappy Threader
    I would prefer them sold seperately, but just for cost containment. As far as price, I'm not real sure. It would depend a lot on what is included. I know that isn't always possible becasue they would have to have a mold ready and models created before announcing it probably, but I would figure the smaller towers maybe in the 90 dollar range, the central tower much higher.

I think it would be better to just do the three towers alone in MOTUC scale, no track or tram as that would make it to expensive but make the central tower articulated and sell them outside the sub as a set.

Heroic Warrior
    LOL! and people say Castle Grayskull is a pipe dream.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I think the old structure of three towers but separate towers sold apart. THat way people could display them with their factions as well.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    LOL! and people say Castle Grayskull is a pipe dream.
    AskMatty actually got quite detailed about it. If I recall correctly, the response was that sure they could do it, if the entire tower came in one piece (i.e. didn't have to be parts put together like a Grayskull traditionally would). It was actually quite encouraging.

My thought is they should do it, but different. If I had my way, it would be six towers over 2 or 3 years (2 or 3 a year) at a $100ish price point. They would be "inspired" by different locations in MOTUC.

* A Greyskull-green tower

* A Snake Mountain Tower

* A Fright Zone Tower

* A PoP Tower with Whispering-woods style on one side, gold/crystal castle (Filmation not toy style)

* A "Tech" tower (that could be used for NA, and/or Captain Glen, Photog, etc.)

* A central battle tower

These would have ledges up and down so you could have characters at different levels, and hopefully at least a room-ish place at the top.

That's my fantasy, at least. I think it's more likely they just do the 3 from before (and probably more would want that anyway), and if they do, I'm of two minds about the monorail. On one hand, yes, it's vintage and classic, on the other hand...it's a PITA, would likely prevent international shipping (electronics), and to be honest - what the hell WAS a monorail doing in the middle of Eternia? LOL.

Eternia Playset in MOTUC

I know that Mattel has said they have no plans to branch out into playsets for MOTUC, but after looking at the Preternia Map I can’t help wondering if an Eternia Playset might be more feasible than a Castle Grayskull in this type of line.

The whole thing could be sold like one giant collect and connect set with one tower each year in order to space out the cost of tooling.

What do you guys think?
    How many of you would snag one if it were available for MOTUC and would you prefer to have the set sold in 3 parts or all together?

I'm all for one tower per year. Only fear being that they would do one or two but not finish it up. Which would be a very real possibility.

Sell it all as 1 unit, I would buy it without hesitation, $300 or less..... put it beside my vintage one. = )

I'll buy anything MOTU though ....
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

HD figures on youtube
    It would be the fourth playset I would want, after Grayskull, Snake Mountain, & Fright Zone. But, I don't think we will see any of them to be honest.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Words cannot begin to express how excited I would be for the three towers of Eternia in MOTUC. I would gladly take one tower at a time, would prefer that they turn the track into something more of a magical "invisible" thing (almost like a magical, invisible portal track) so that it literally would be just the 3 towers. I don't need levels on the back, just give me the grabbing claws of the central tower and make them bright and big. I love this thread. Ok, have to go tame the geeking out now....