Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eternia Playset in MOTUC Official Discussion

Though the scale is a bit off, I love the SDCC Eternia display. I imagine that it would work if the towers were re-imagined to be more as conduits of energy than actual liveable places. Anyways, I would love to own them and the first Castle Grayskull display as well!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

I think its a must really, The 3 Towers have had quite a large part to play at the moment with BattleGround Characters and the new mini comics coming. Breaking it up into 3 packs would be great, but all the features and more would need to be included somehow. I think as much as I need a Castle GreySkull, 3 Towers work best first! Come on FourHorseMen...you know u wanna!

for me the only to change should be the grayskull and snake mountain towers to make them a little bit taller
    grayskull tower make it enough to put one figure inside the cage and that would be awesome for me, cause i lve the sculpt already
    if i could be closeeee of that eternia and had it on my hands for one day i would cast it for me at once!!!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'd love to see the Eternia Playset released as well, separately if possible! Of course, they'd have to release the Central Tower first

I think they'd have to make each tower a little bigger than the originals. The display piece at SDCC was neat, but I'd like something much grander (slimmer and taller).

I would love all the castles and play sets of course, in fact I have all the originals except Eternia, that was the one that got away, so I would have to want that one to be made first by the famed Horsemen, because He-man may never die, but this line eventually will, and may never make it to the Eternia play set.
    But every variation that the line will do centuries from now will always do the main 3 castles first. Maybe never getting to the Eternia play set until our great great grand children. So I say do it now while the original hardcore fans are still alive.

Heroic Warrior

If we get Eternia, do. you want it sold as 1 set or 3 separate towers & for how much?

So, awhile back in a WTFWTK, Toy Guru said it was more plausible to get the 3 Towers of Grayskull than other playsets because the towers are solid pieces that don't need separating like CG or SM. So, with that said, if we do get the the 3 towers, would you want them sold together as one boxed set, or sold as 3 separate mini-playsets that come with parts of the track, a tram, and different accessories associated to each tower. And for how much would you pay for your choice?

Snappy Threader
    I would prefer them sold seperately, but just for cost containment. As far as price, I'm not real sure. It would depend a lot on what is included. I know that isn't always possible becasue they would have to have a mold ready and models created before announcing it probably, but I would figure the smaller towers maybe in the 90 dollar range, the central tower much higher.

I think it would be better to just do the three towers alone in MOTUC scale, no track or tram as that would make it to expensive but make the central tower articulated and sell them outside the sub as a set.

Heroic Warrior
    LOL! and people say Castle Grayskull is a pipe dream.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I think the old structure of three towers but separate towers sold apart. THat way people could display them with their factions as well.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

After seeing the mattel display at Comic Con I want the Three Towers!! Separate to balance out cost.

For me personally, it doesn't really matter if they're sold together or seperately, but it seems seperately is the better way to go. Grayskull Tower and Viper Tower shouldn't be more than $100, imo.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    LOL! and people say Castle Grayskull is a pipe dream.
    AskMatty actually got quite detailed about it. If I recall correctly, the response was that sure they could do it, if the entire tower came in one piece (i.e. didn't have to be parts put together like a Grayskull traditionally would). It was actually quite encouraging.

My thought is they should do it, but different. If I had my way, it would be six towers over 2 or 3 years (2 or 3 a year) at a $100ish price point. They would be "inspired" by different locations in MOTUC.

* A Greyskull-green tower

* A Snake Mountain Tower

* A Fright Zone Tower

* A PoP Tower with Whispering-woods style on one side, gold/crystal castle (Filmation not toy style)

* A "Tech" tower (that could be used for NA, and/or Captain Glen, Photog, etc.)

* A central battle tower

These would have ledges up and down so you could have characters at different levels, and hopefully at least a room-ish place at the top.

That's my fantasy, at least. I think it's more likely they just do the 3 from before (and probably more would want that anyway), and if they do, I'm of two minds about the monorail. On one hand, yes, it's vintage and classic, on the other hand...it's a PITA, would likely prevent international shipping (electronics), and to be honest - what the hell WAS a monorail doing in the middle of Eternia? LOL.

I would very much be into these and wouldn't mind at all if they were sold separately. No rails or anything like that, just the towers themselves and I'm good

Eternia Playset in MOTUC

I know that Mattel has said they have no plans to branch out into playsets for MOTUC, but after looking at the Preternia Map I can’t help wondering if an Eternia Playset might be more feasible than a Castle Grayskull in this type of line.

The whole thing could be sold like one giant collect and connect set with one tower each year in order to space out the cost of tooling.

What do you guys think?
    How many of you would snag one if it were available for MOTUC and would you prefer to have the set sold in 3 parts or all together?

I'm all for one tower per year. Only fear being that they would do one or two but not finish it up. Which would be a very real possibility.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Sell it all as 1 unit, I would buy it without hesitation, $300 or less..... put it beside my vintage one. = )

I'll buy anything MOTU though ....
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

HD figures on youtube
    It would be the fourth playset I would want, after Grayskull, Snake Mountain, & Fright Zone. But, I don't think we will see any of them to be honest.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Words cannot begin to express how excited I would be for the three towers of Eternia in MOTUC. I would gladly take one tower at a time, would prefer that they turn the track into something more of a magical "invisible" thing (almost like a magical, invisible portal track) so that it literally would be just the 3 towers. I don't need levels on the back, just give me the grabbing claws of the central tower and make them bright and big. I love this thread. Ok, have to go tame the geeking out now....

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd want Grayskull, The Fright Zone, Crystal Castle and Snake Mountain first, but I'd at least snag Viper Tower and Grayskull Tower. Not too bothered about the lion faced central tower.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    The Eternia playset is probably my favorite playset of all times ! Those who have the vintage version will know what I'm talking about... This 80's playset is HUGE, and filled with awesomeness ! It's a wonder that can be used over and over again for your MOTU adventures. Sure, I'd also like Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain and Fright Zone, but the 3 towers of Eternia hold a special and dear place in my heart...

If things such as the Eternia playset and the other playsets, Gigantisaur, vehicles and more unique looking figures were released, it would stop the talk about Mattel's lack of ambition for MOTUC.

Unfortunately, that day still seems to be very far away...

This would be the smartest playset for mattel to start with.
    1. Sell in pieces.
    2. Cost probably around $100 a little more for the central tower.
    3. If the first tower doesn't sell well they can stop with out taking a huge loss.
    4. This goes along with their theory of leaving fan demanded stuff for last. To keep the line well spread out.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

This is the order that I'd want the playsets:

1. Snake Mountain
    2. Castle Grayskull
    3. Slime Pit
    4. Fright Zone
    5. Eternia
    6. Crystal Castle

We probably won't get the big boys...so I'd be happy with...
    1. Grayskull Tower
    2. Viper Tower
    3. Slime Pit/Fright Zone-Lite.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'd love to see the Eternia playset in MOTUC, three towers in three years or all at once (wouldn't want to see the shipping on that one, though).

This would also be a great opportunity for hardcore MOTU fans that didn't get the original to finally have one. It would be a hot seller. I agree with Prahvus, there's something very special about it. It was the last item I got from the original line, and anytime I think about the 80's Masters of the Universe line, that Central Tower creeps back in my mind. There's a wow factor that never goes away.

I too would love to see the Eternia playset make its way to MOTUC!
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.