Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vs DCUC Green Lantern vs Zodac Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC vs DCUC Green Lantern vs Zodac Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys,

Here's another 2-pack review! Enjoy!

I actually don't have the She-Ra vs Supergirl pack yet. When/if I get a chance to pick that one up, I'll be sure to do a video. Although I don't think there are any differences with that one at all.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Cheap figure. Those aren't even "gloves." And the colors do not match! Pass. Easy pass. Just like the other TRU repaints.
    Last edited by RockinHard; August 7, 2011 at 01:34pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I just don't know why they didn't just give him the gloved lower arms from ZodaK

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Cheap figure. Those aren't even "gloves." And the colors do not match! Pass. Easy pass. Just like the other TRU repaints.
    Same. Just another cheap two pack that got the shaft when it should have been more.

Even a painted stripe on Zodac's head would have pushed this over the edge for me. Mattel was really lazy with these and I doubt anyone is surprised to see this line meet an early end.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hey, Hal's hair is the wrong color.

ANyway, I want that Zodac, but if that head issue is on all of them, I'm probably going to pass on this set afterall.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    After being able to tap into Filmation, this Zodac is an easy pass.

Easy pass for the following reasons:

1. Box art shows Zodac with Zodak's weapon yet comes with Zodac's weapon.

2. Box art is really crummy and the background is uber-uninspiring.

3. Bobble head from Hell!

4. Those gloves on Zodac sure look more gray than white.

Oh well... $35+tax saved.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    I just don't know why they didn't just give him the gloved lower arms from ZodaK
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Same. Just another cheap two pack that got the shaft when it should have been more.

Even a painted stripe on Zodac's head would have pushed this over the edge for me. Mattel was really lazy with these and I doubt anyone is surprised to see this line meet an early end.
    This would be an easy re-do. Give Zodac the painted stripe on his helmet and give him the Hordak gloves. Instant Filmation Zodac.

We'll probably see this guy again if Mattel is open to making Filmation colored variants or redecos.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I bought it just because I wanted a Zodac with boots and my son wants the GL figures. I can see now I've got some minor repair issues I'm going to have to perform.

I can definitely see why these packs did not sell well. So many missed opportunities...
    View my collection and customs HERE!

My kids want both figures, we will have a Zodac and GL corps. now... very cool
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Pixel Dan for that review. Hopefully the people that ordered the set from TRU will let us know about their Zodacs. The bobble head on Zodac is ridiculous. I want the set, but I don't want a defective Zodac.

I over all like this version of Zodac, my only grip is that gloved hands would have been better then just painting his lower arms to look like gloves. Well done Dan on the review.

Heroic Warrior
    The Zodac included in this pack is a big PASS due to his limp bobblehead issue (a bobblehead AGAIN, at THIS point in the line ? What kind of head/neck issues can we expect in 2012, then ? Where does that bobblehead problem come from, anyway ? From the neck peg ? From the hole in the base of the head ?).

The Hal Jordan figure is not a very smart choice, due to the huge amounts of this figure that were released previously.

All in all, just a big pass. I guess this pack will be another pegwarmer in Toys'R'Us stores...

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the review Debbie Downer er "Pixel" Dan.

I can't wait till I get this.

Sure hope my Zodac doesn't have a bobble head. that's ridiculous.

Can never have enough Hal Jordan as Green Lantern.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the review.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I have my set on the way to me, so I can let everyone know if I had the bobble head. Needless to say, that's very disappointing if he has that.

orderd mine the other day. If mine has bobble issues I will not be pleased, but then again, I just need to pose it and let it stand. So it's not really a big deal. So I say as long as I can get the head posed eventually.

Seriously, I hope I dont get bobble head.

Yeah, gloves would have been great, ect ect. But we already know that there was to be no switch out on the bodies. So this is no supprise.

I'll paint my stripe on his head and be happy I think. I hope that his gloves arent quite as gray as they look. Was hoping they'd be white as the belt section. Guess we'll see. Perhaps it is to further set him apart from Zodak? As if.

But still think he'll be fine. Not bothered specifically that he doesnt have gloves. He has boots, and that's the major step for me.

Dont need Green lantern, but why not? He can hang with hawkman.

Other than the Stratos and Mer Man sets, these packs have been a massive failure and deserved to die. So lazy and cheap. And now with Filmation available, there's absolutely zero reason to waste money on this Zodac.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Other than the Stratos and Mer Man sets, these packs have been a massive failure and deserved to die. So lazy and cheap. And now with Filmation available, there's absolutely zero reason to waste money on this Zodac.
    Absolute truth. But I would be surprised if they ever do a Filmation-accurate Zodac beyond this one.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I bought this set at the con too.

Mine fortunately doesn't have a bobble head.

I like the more brightly red colored helmet.

The idea that they didn't use glove forearms is bizarre, but they did a nice job making sure the paint on the fins was done very well. They do look like gloves.

I imagine that they make all the parts for many figures in bulk. I doubt that they had the extra gloved forearms sitting around, but I'm guessing that they did have the Zodac fins, since they made the rest of the pieces.

In other words, I bet that in order to make the Zodac pieces, they order molds "A" and "B," and then they have all the pieces to make a Zodac. BUT in order to have the gloved forearms, They'd have to order Mold "C," and then they'd be stick with a bunch of extra Hordak parts.

But then they could have used those extra Hordak parts for something else.

It was poor planning with these TRU packs.

This is why I sometimes wonder about Toyguru as brand manager. Sometimes he's able to deliver great things. Other times his decisions yield mistakes.
    Last edited by bcrduke; August 8, 2011 at 01:21am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Not sure if it's 100% truth or not, Brian, but TG said they couldn't use the gloves because then he would be too much like the Filmation version, which they couldn't make (at the time). I forget where/when he said that.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thanks for the review Dan. I've always liked Zodac but i think I'll pass on this one since I have the original release. Besides with gloves and boots, he'd look too much like Zodak.

I'd take that back and have it exchanged though, that bobble head is ridiculous.

If they release him as a monthly variant with proper gloves than I'd probably be tempted.
    Last edited by cobz1976; August 8, 2011 at 03:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Well, the Vs. line died because MATTEL just gave up on it, it seems. Like c'mon. The last 3 of the VS. 2-packs and they allowed 'em to be made all messed up like that.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Not sure if it's 100% truth or not, Brian, but TG said they couldn't use the gloves because then he would be too much like the Filmation version, which they couldn't make (at the time). I forget where/when he said that.
    I'm not sure if he said that or not, but it is definately not the case, since Zodac has always been a part of the line and he had an original 80s vintage figure, then Mattel can do him in any style, colour or interpretation they see fit including Filmation style/colour. Mattel own the rights to Zodac™, so they can do him in any style they want. It is only Filmation CHARACTERS that were off limits not Filmation STYLE or COLOURS... case in point, Mattel owns Marlena™, but they did her in green like in the Filmation cartoon, without needing the permission of Classic Media because they own the CHARACTER entirely....

The reason they didn't give him Hordak's gloves is simple - $$$ - too expensive, these Zodacs were all unsold overstock with 2 small changes made, replaced feet and painted hands, then re-packed into DC v MOTU 2 packs and sold in retail to cross-promote both brands and get rid of old stock ... It would not have been worth popping out the extra hands just for a repainted Zodac that never sold well in the first place... just my opinion

So he doesn't come with the staff depicted in the box art?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26