Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2012 Walkthrough Video with ToyGuru

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Toy Fair 2012 Walkthrough Video with ToyGuru

Hey guys,

Sorry it took me so long to get this posted, but it should hopefully be worth it. ToyGuru spent 40 whopping minutes talking MOTUC with me! Hope you all enjoy!

Mods: If you feel this should just be in the "reveals" thread, feel free to move it. I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Watching this NOW!!!

Thanks A Million, Pixel Dan & Toyguru!!!!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah!! Thanks! I was waiting for that!

YAY! Can't wait to watch it!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Oh no! I can't watch on my iPad. And I know it's too long for YouTube, right? Guess I'll have to wait til I get home.

Great - is this going on YouTube Dan?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

That was my first time filming. Apologies in advance.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Thanks, guys. Sadly I will have to wait until tomorrow to watch this.

Heroic Warrior
    He's awfully defensive isn't he? Don't worry TG, the pitchforks are put away until March.

I really liked the walktrough, it was entertaining and fun. Thanks Dan and Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    He's awfully defensive isn't he? Don't worry TG, the pitchforks are put away until March.
    Unless tomorrow's sale ends in a total massacre
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I kinda love ToyGuru after watching this video. Great job to you both- it was a great viewing experience

damn i like primes staff

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Spikor looks great in this vid! Thank you for posting PD! Great vid as usual!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Always love a Pixel Dan video. For some reason I think him and Scott together ramp up the Adorkable factor to a million.

Hurricane Scott! I love it, in a matter of minutes half the display is in shambles!

Sad to hear that Horde Prime is not getting his staff and Might Specktor has lost his whip. There have been a lot of weapons lost in 2012.

Can't wait to see the next prototype for Frosta, a Jewelstar like cape would we great.

Scott totally called out Brian, that was not so cool. Update: I miss heard what TG said, sorry about that.
    Scott in purple spandex at SDCC!

Question Dan: On Slush Head, does he have a neck, whats the body look like without the armor/head piece?

As always Dan a great view, it looks like you and Scott had a lot fun, and it was fun to watch.
    Last edited by Slave2Evil_Lyn; February 14, 2012 at 09:22pm.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know about you, but I keep a Mekaneck in my pocket at all times. Sometimes he accidentally extends his neck. When that happens, people ask me, "is that a Mekaneck in your pocket?" And I say, "Nope, just happy to see you."

LOL

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    For everyone asking, the video is also available on my YouTube page. Just follow the link in my signature.

On Slushhead, he had a neck under the armor, but it didn't seem to have the same ball joint piece all the other figures have. The armor piece with his head looked like it just kind of snugly snapped onto the whole neck/shoulder section. I'm anxious to get that one in hand to check out how exactly it works.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    On Slushhead, he had a neck under the armor, but it didn't seem to have the same ball joint piece all the other figures have. The armor piece with his head looked like it just kind of snugly snapped onto the whole neck/shoulder section. I'm anxious to get that one in hand to check out how exactly it works.
    Cool thanks Dan.

How did Frosta look in person? Here face has been a topic of much debate.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Great Vid Dan! Val you did great recording lol. And I think TG comes off much better in person then when he trys to type. In person it comes off dorky and funny, in type it comes off as snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Hurricane Scott! I love it, in a matter of minutes half the display is in shambles!

Sad to hear that Horde Prime is not getting his staff and Might Specktor has lost his whip. There have been a lot of weapons lost in 2012.

Can't wait to see the next prototype for Frosta, a Jewelstar like cape would we great.

Scott totally called out Brian, that was not so cool.

Scott in purple spandex at SDCC!

Question Dan: On Slush Head, does he have a neck, whats the body look like without the armor/head piece?

As always Dan a great view, it looks like you and Scott had a lot fun, and it was fun to watch.
    No he didnt call out Brian. If you listen he said its cool if you want to say things like its chilly in NY, thats what Brian said.

TG was talking about someone else, Im dont remember his forum name but it starts with a V, he is the guy that claimed he saw all 3 of those figures sculpted.

TG said he was sorry to Brian already, for lumping him in with that guy.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post

Scott totally called out Brian, that was not so cool.
    Actually he called out the other person who told about prototypes which seem to be not excisting. I totally understand Toygurus worries of to high expectations, it was mentioned that Frosta will have more detailed boots as she has on the vintage toy and now she simply hasnīt. And thatīs a fact.

But this Video was great. I think as a person Toyguru is a funny guy and those walktroughs are always great so thank you to JVS3 for filming it, Pixeldan for hosting it and Scott Neitlich for taking the time.
    Last edited by Niki; February 14, 2012 at 09:08pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guy this was fun and informative

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That was my first time filming. Apologies in advance.
    Appology accepted. But seriously you did a good job. Personally I would have liked to have seen more close ups. specially when TG was interchanging pieces.

Thanks guys, that was great! A lot of laughs there, the best being when TG pulls TMS out of his pocket. I thought I was the only one dorky enough to carry around a figure in my pocket!

Heroic Warrior
    The video was great and very entertaining, Scott appears very relaxed and friendly, I think he really improved his presence in media, that's a good thing.

Great stuff, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Great Vid Dan! Val you did great recording lol. And I think TG comes off much better in person then when he trys to type. In person it comes off dorky and funny, in type it comes off as snarky.

No he didnt call out Brian. If you listen he said its cool if you want to say things like its chilly in NY, thats what Brian said.

TG was talking about someone else, Im dont remember his forum name but it starts with a V, he is the guy that claimed he saw all 3 of those figures sculpted.

TG said he was sorry to Brian already, for lumping him in with that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Actually he called out the other person who told about prototypes which seem to be not excisting. I totally understand Toygurus worries of to high expectations, it was mentioned that Frosta will have more detailed boots as she has on the vintage toy and now she simply hasnīt. And thatīs a fact.
    I knew he was talking about Vertigoink and then I heard the part about the frosty weather, I totally missed that he was saying that hints like that were cool, my bad, sorry. I'll have to re-watch that part.

fball I think your right about the way Scott comes off in person vs on line most of the time.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"