Thread: Clamp champ new MAA.....

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar

Clamp champ new MAA.....

Well if he is then whos the kings body guard. I dont really dont see snakeman at arms lasting that long. Snake teela didnt last that long.

Musleman like body guards usually dont have the smarts like a tech nerd luke duncan. Thats why I dont see it.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Well if he is then whos the kings body guard. I dont really dont see snakeman at arms lasting that long. Snake teela didnt last that long.

Musleman like body guards usually dont have the smarts like a tech nerd luke duncan. Thats why I dont see it.
    Clamp Champ does have a large clamp that has a very high tech look to it. It is possible that he designed the clamp himself. I'm guessing he learned a thing or two from working with Man-at-Arms. As for who would be the King's new body guard, it could be Lt. Spector, or any one of the Palace Guards, for that matter.

Its hard to start changing titles after 30 years
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.

Well, that's 30 human years. In Eternian years...

Besides, Randor's in Despondos by the time the Snakemen returned according to TPHM's Bio.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

In Filmation, MAA was more of the head scientist and inventor. In 200X, he was more like Randor's general. So Clamp Champ, as the King's bodyguard is probably the next character in terms of rank to lead the Masters (He-Man was off saving Randor, Teela might be training to be the Sorceress, MAA is a Snake Man, Marlena is trained in self-defense and diplomacy, but not warfare). Clamp Champ is also no stranger to technology due to his various capture devices on his 200X staction...unless MAA or someone else made them!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I kinda don't believe any of this season 3 and 4 stuff that tg is saying. I think it's his way of trying to believe that this is what was to be. And he can do what he wants and justify it with I have seen the notes blah blah blah. Like he's saying I didn't make it up so everyone can like it. Cause if he says he made it up we would scrutinize it. I'm gonna question all unless there is proof.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I kinda don't believe any of this season 3 and 4 stuff that tg is saying. I think it's his way of trying to believe that this is what was to be. And he can do what he wants and justify it with I have seen the notes blah blah blah. Like he's saying I didn't make it up so everyone can like it. Cause if he says he made it up we would scrutinize it. I'm gonna question all unless there is proof.
    We do have proof...there is all the stuff that Ian Richter mentioned that he was planning for season three when He-Man.org interviewed him way back.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    To me, it doesn't really matter. I don't follow the MOTUC cannon; I can imagine whatever I want. I'm free to create and modify my own universe.

In my personal cannon, MAA never turned into a snakeman. So Clamp Champ is King Randor's bodyguard.

If you ignore some of the stories & Man-At-Arms isn't a title, this debate is moot.

In Myternia, Clamp-Champ is one of the few warriors who follow He-Man's non-lethal combat code. Hence the clamp.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Well, he isn't just a muscle man. He has hightened sences/ speed too.
    I guesss he would be like capt America.

I don't believe in playing down Clamp Champ's intelligence because he's a big guy. Duncan/MAA is clearly quite a big guy under his armour too and knows how to fight as well as invent things. To me Clamp Champ becoming the new MAA is a nice change-up. I don't care where the idea originated, I like it when things progress in fiction and doesn't just stay the same all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    Clamp Champ doesn't need to be just the King's bodyguard or the new Man-At-Arms, he can be both things.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis649 View Post
    Clamp Champ doesn't need to be just the King's bodyguard or the new Man-At-Arms, he can be both things.

BINGO thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Irian:2956705
    Now I want to see Clamp Champ in MAA armor!

You just gave them an easy variant.

You just gave them an easy variant.
    Isn't it just the one palace guard head on the MAA buck? We can make that now without even customizing it or owning a Clamp Champ figure, and we'll post pictures here if they ever try showing such an awfully lame variant. Even Mattel isn't ready to be that cheap (God, I hope not!).

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think Champ could do the job. The series needs a bit of drama and tragedy.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I think Champ could do the job. The series needs a bit of drama and tragedy.
    I definitely makes the lore a little more compelling. I prefer there be some actual danger and tragedy in my Sword and Sorcery lore.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    It is sort of a case of if it "Ain't broke etc" in my opinion, But if this is the Direction they're going in why NOT use Clamp Champ? He's one of the most under-developed MOTU characters and if this gives him a bit of spotlight what's harm? Better than making him some ridiculous jive-talking stereotype or a "Hey we've got a character who's not white! We're diverse! We are!" sort of character.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Isn't it just the one palace guard head on the MAA buck? We can make that now without even customizing it or owning a Clamp Champ figure, and we'll post pictures here if they ever try showing such an awfully lame variant. Even Mattel isn't ready to be that cheap (God, I hope not!).
    I was more thinking of a combination of both designs.

MAA obviously modified the standard armor to suit him better. And I think the same would be true for MAACC (like the teched up version the 4H did for 200X).

I sorta see Duncan as Tony Stark and Clamp Champ as T'Challa.
    T'challa is also Tech Savvy, but (arguably) none would compare to Stark, but he does have other merits that make him as formidable as Iron Man.

I think Clamp Champ isn't JUST muscle (the really good bodyguards are actually gifted tactical thinkers); he may not have as much Tech Savvy as Duncan, but he does bring something new to the table.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Well, he isn't just a muscle man. He has hightened sences/ speed too.
    I guesss he would be like capt America.
    well, they also share a similar colors scheme on their outfit (with silver instead of white for clamp champ)...

btw, in myp canon dekker was duncan's menthor and he could be somehow related to clamp champ too:
    when dekker retired he could have trained clamp champ, maybe a young member of his people/family, both in
    fighting and in technology to be in charge after duncan...