Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Energy bursts in MOTUC

Energy bursts in MOTUC: Everybody's Opinion Wanted.

After seeing Pixel Dan's video review of the Scarabus figures I want some energy bursts for my MOTUC figures. The energy flame that fits over Scarabus' hand looks awesome and I would love transparent energy burst attachments for my MOTUC figures. Toyguru stated in one of the SDCC videos that Thunder Punch He-Man will probably come with an energy burst that would attach to his punching arm, which is great, but I want more. For instance, they could be attached to: Figures hands, any of the Power Swords, any of the staffs, the cosmic key, Trap Jaw and Roboto's gun attachments, etc. How do the rest of you feel?
    Last edited by Danavas; August 9, 2011 at 10:47pm.

Oh YES PLZ!!! im all for any type of "energy blasts' or what have u....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I have been a fan of this since its use in the Attack of the Clones toyline. Thunder Punch HM is a great place to start it, but I'd love to get some for all the reasons you stated.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yes, I'd love ANYTHING that contributes to display value, and things like this would be perfect.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Yes, I'd love ANYTHING that contributes to display value, and things like this would be perfect.
    ^That. Energy blasts are good for play value as well.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would love to see that on some of those magic using characters!

Energy Burst Pack NOW
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Energy Burst Pack NOW
    what he said!

well, bg evil-lyn and draego man will have flaming blazes effect, also: so perhaps that could be a new "rule" for the upcoming figures.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Some sort of lightning blast to attach to the Power Sword for the transformation pose would be sweet!

I'm all for this as well! LOVe them on the Scarabus figures, very happy about the ones we'll be getting with TP He-Man and BG Evil-Lynn, so I also say give us more!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I'm all for this as well! LOVe them on the Scarabus figures, very happy about the ones we'll be getting with TP He-Man and BG Evil-Lynn, so I also say give us more!
    I didn't know about the one with BGEL. I'm looking forward to that figure even more now.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Some sort of lightning blast to attach to the Power Sword for the transformation pose would be sweet!
    Wouldn't He-Man & She-Ra (and/or Adam & Adora) need to be able to get into the transformation pose first?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I have been a fan of this since its use in the Attack of the Clones toyline. Thunder Punch HM is a great place to start it, but I'd love to get some for all the reasons you stated.
    My feelings, as well; I thought those accessories just made some of those Star Wars toys of the time. A few bursts for swords and guns, maybe some eldritch energy for the hands of the magic makers, and a bucket spilling water to fit on Duncan's head (especially now that we have Filmation rights).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I've actually been supprised that Spymonkey hasnt already done this. I assumed after I saw the Green Lantern type blasts, that we would in fact see just this thing.

Radiating energy, lightning, fire, ect... Some for hands some to atatch to blades and staves, ect...

So far not so much.

But yes, I support this.

So hoping this sort of thing would have made it into MOTU by now... the Sorceress and Shadow Weaver are two upcoming figures that come to mind that should have some sort of "magic spell" type of translucent snap-on-to-the-hand type of accessory. I like that SW comes with a wand and a book, but otherwise she looks a tad bland. An energy burst (or plastic snap-on versions of those spinning black cloud formations) would liven Shadow Weaver up for sure! Bring on energy bursts!

Heroic Warrior

Hater

Count me out. I think they're cheep looking and campy.

I hated it on the scarabus and I hate them on the masters.

Not saying it's a bad idea. Just not my cup o'tea.

Edit:I meant to say campy. Not camping. not sure what I was thinking.
    Last edited by midor; August 9, 2011 at 11:49am.

I'd love this! I definitely buy an accessory pack full of this kind of stuff (and would love for then to be in future figure boxes). If molded well (and 4H would) they look awesome.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Im happy that Thunder Punch Heman will come with energy effects. We need more of this in MOTUC.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Too bad they didn't give Orko a flip-top hat with a peg on it - lots of amusing & relevant "bursts" could pop out of his head & make him look a little bit more interesting....
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I'd like to not only get energy blasts packaged with individual figures but an entire pack of generic ones that could be snapped onto most any figure. A cool idea for a diorama would be a large transformation burst on a base which He-Man could stand holding his sword as aloft as his joints will allow. This could be in addition to a lightning bolt which would snap onto his sword. There could even be a space underneath the base to insert a small light if we wanted to illuminate the whole energy burst. Just throwing the idea out there.

I've been wanting this since I started this line!

I was really hoping for one with TP He-Man, so I'm happy with that. I don't expect them all the time, but it would be really cool at least for the characters whose figures had action features that weren't all that visual.

I was hoping for a water/venom squirt for Kobra Khan, but I'm very happy now that I've seen all the other stuff he's got. Some sort of tornado effect for Sy-Klone would have rocked, but his hoola hoop kind of simulates the spinning enough for me. Figures like TP He-Man who don't have much new going on? Bring on the effects!

A fourth chest plate for the BA figures that's got a bright yellow burst that looks like it's being hit would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I've actually been supprised that Spymonkey hasnt already done this. I assumed after I saw the Green Lantern type blasts, that we would in fact see just this thing.

Radiating energy, lightning, fire, ect... Some for hands some to atatch to blades and staves, ect...

So far not so much.

But yes, I support this.

I am hoping with SM going to production facilities we will see more in the area of energy burst and weapons. As long as it doesn't take the place of an accessory, I am all for it.

Yup, I'm all for this! I've been thinking of a thunder impact for TP He-Man since early talks of his figure started, and I feel that kinda stuff would work wonders in all parts of this line. Would have been awesome with Faceless One and Count Marzo, but they have already past. I think they should seriously consider it going into the future!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Count me in on the power bursts because I'm all for it. I can wait for my Thunder Punch He-Man.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    I'd like to not only get energy blasts packaged with individual figures but an entire pack of generic ones that could be snapped onto most any figure. A cool idea for a diorama would be a large transformation burst on a base which He-Man could stand holding his sword as aloft as his joints will allow. This could be in addition to a lightning bolt which would snap onto his sword. There could even be a space underneath the base to insert a small light if we wanted to illuminate the whole energy burst. Just throwing the idea out there.
    I'm with you all the way... looks amazing! An energy burst pack? Count me in! How about bursts, lightnings, bolts etc. for (among others) the Havoc Staff? Great idea, opens new possibilities and details to displaying the figures!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd appreciate energy bursts in MotUC, it looked perfect when the flame came out of Evil-Lyn Staction's hand in the 200X line... It simply rocks!!!