Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Energy bursts in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I'm down with this idea and I'll actually throw Scott a bone and give him credit for coming up with a fairly good idea- I'd also buy more than one as a result of so many characters needing one!
    To be fair, the idea has been suggested by fans before. Including myself.

I'd love this. I'm not creative enough to suggest specifics, but I do hope they are more in "cool" colors - like black (for Weaver), purple, red, etc. - not so interested in more of the brighter/pastels/etc. At least not yet, as we don't have many figures that would use them - would be great to do an "evil" pack now (since most of our magic users are bad guys) and then a hero pack later once we have more PoP that could use them.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would love to see all sorts of these to be used over figures hands & weapons.

It would be so cool to see characters with lightning coming from their hands & staves.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Sign me up too!
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Great idea! Make it happen TG!!! I'd love to see ice effects for Frosta, an energy blast for the Havoc Staff, and spell casting blasts for Evil Lyn.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I support it completely, not just spell effects though, as people have said, blaster and lightning and water effects (though the water effects for current snouty would be useless as I'm never touching his trunk again! (mine hasn't cracked but I dare not tempt fate)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

1: Heck and yes!
    2: I'd like to see:
    -Lightning effects for He-Man's sword
    -Lightning and sparkly thingies for She-Ra's sword
    -Energy effects for the Havoc staff
    -Male and Female spellcasting effects
    -Ice effects for Frosta
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Considering that several of the characters desperately need them, I'd love this. In fact, I'd take this in the place of a figure.

Orko - magic blasts

Evil Lyn - Magical blasts

Skeletor - Magical blasts for hand or Havoc staff

Shadow Weaver - Magic blasts

Hurricane Hordak (eventually Filmation Hordak) attachment blasts for arm cannon

Starla - Light Blasts

Frosta - Ice Blasts.

Those are the main ones right there.

Please make this happen.

I'd rather see the toling dollars spent on the "lost" accessories of Draego Man, Horde Prime etc....
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    add me to this list for sure! Spell casting hands would be nice too!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    That would be cool! I recently added a lightning blast from a Star Wars figure to BG Evil lyn on my display, and it looks pretty neat. Official effects (she needs purple!) would be even better.

Def in for these magic paks....and like has been said with differnt hands included..be so cool!!

Heroic Warrior
    not interested. Tooling money should go towards the figures and their accessories.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Something folks have asked for many times; glad to see TG showing an interest in doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by EternianHero View Post
    blocked energy blasts to attach to shields
    Brilliant! Never thought of that, but it would fit in so well with this line!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    not interested. Tooling money should go towards the figures and their accessories.
    These are their accessories.

I loved what Hasbro did with the Star Wars figures several years ago, including force effects to go with the figures. Something similar could be done here, and, as has been pointed out, one effect could be done in multiple colors. A light blue blast could be an ice blast for Frosta, but cast it in purple and it could be a magical blast from Evil Lynn. Including a generic female and male spell casting hand would be a great idea (again, hot water makes any cut joint interchangeable).

My choices:
    Lightning effects to wrap around the Power Sword and Sword of Protection
    A light flair for female figures (for the hoped for Glimmer)
    Ice effect for Frosta
    Energy to wrap around Skeletor's Havoc Staff
    Energy blast for male and female hands
    Whatever else they can push through.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Do it.

I'd like a Marzo red-amulet blast, please.

You could also include stands that looked like flames or smoke coming around the magic-user or their victim.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

One of my favorite super hero toys growing up was the X-Man figure from Marvel's Most Wanted, because of his awesome accessory that serves as a base, a tendril that snakes out around him, and a piece that flows back from his hand. Very cool.

1.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Something folks have asked for many times; glad to see TG showing an interest in doing this.

Brilliant! Never thought of that, but it would fit in so well with this line!

These are their accessories.

I loved what Hasbro did with the Star Wars figures several years ago, including force effects to go with the figures. Something similar could be done here, and, as has been pointed out, one effect could be done in multiple colors. A light blue blast could be an ice blast for Frosta, but cast it in purple and it could be a magical blast from Evil Lynn. Including a generic female and male spell casting hand would be a great idea (again, hot water makes any cut joint interchangeable).

My choices:
    Lightning effects to wrap around the Power Sword and Sword of Protection
    A light flair for female figures (for the hoped for Glimmer)
    Ice effect for Frosta
    Energy to wrap around Skeletor's Havoc Staff
    Energy blast for male and female hands
    Whatever else they can push through.
    I like these ideas too. But Mattel is already bitting off more than they can chew. Once they start getting everything else right, then I'd be down for extras. But right now, they need to keep things as simple as possible. As the expression goes, keep it simple stupid.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Yes, the HORSEMEN already do this well on the Scarabus figure.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Argh, I'm sorry in advance, but my OCD is killing me! I think what Scott/you meant is Spell Effects right? Not Affects Sorry, sorry, sorry, I just couldn't help it!

To answer the question: no, I wouldn't want it. For the same reason I'm not an advocate of Blast Effects in the GB line. The Proton Streams in the GB line are far too heavy so they end up pulling the end of the Neutrona Wand down. I took it off my Pete figure because it just drooped down and ended up with the Stream blasting my shelf; completely pointless. I don't want to see Evil Lyn standing there with a Spell Effect pulling her arm off, it'll just look awful. If they can make them without making them out of heavy plastic then a tentative maybe, but as they stand, no, not for me thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    One of my favorite super hero toys growing up was the X-Man figure from Marvel's Most Wanted, because of his awesome accessory that serves as a base, a tendril that snakes out around him, and a piece that flows back from his hand. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    I almost forgot NECA's Soul Reaver! Also looks great on him!
    review_soulreaver_4.jpg

I wouldn't want it for every figure, but there are a few where it really makes sense. Plus, if you can make the power blast or whatever fit a standard hand or wrap around a standard arm, then you can change the color and use it for other figures to save on tooling.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/-l-vsy1dSlH4/Ti...5B7%25255D.jpg
    However much I love the Scarabus figures, this shows why - in my mind at least - spell effects don't look good. You can't replicate flames in plastic without them looking like squashed fruit.

However I accept the majority of people love these effects, so I wouldn't object if these were made. Unless it meant holding back on something more important. Like Ram-Man, Mekaneck or Jitsu - you know, the figures which should have been revealed last weekend.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    This is not a bad idea... But honestly, don't they have more interesting things to spend their tooling dollars on ? Like, for instance, unique sculpt figures, vehicles, playsets, mini-dioramas ?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Make it so.
    Does Galactus fart?

I'd be up for a Spell effect pack.

Oh yeah !! absolutely !!
    we need more spell effects/actions features similar to the thunder of TP HE-MAN.... they're necessary in an adult collection , I mean look at some anime toys...
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Yes to this!

Energy blasts, icy winds, smoky coils, lightning (Sith Lord Skeletor!), you name it!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!