Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like PoP figures to look like Emiliano's drawing!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

I would like PoP figures to look like Emiliano's drawing!

If Mattel/the 4H cannot do the interchangeable toy and Filmation outfits for PoP (like Queen Marlena, but 2 pieces: top and skirt), I want the figures to look exactly like Emiliano's drawing!

Emiliano perfectly captured the essence of these characters. She-Ra, Bow, Glimmer and Angella are hybrids, but I like them. She-Ra is actually like the Bubble Power She-Ra we are going to be getting in November. Castaspella and Kowl are 100% Filmation, but I would take a toy repaint of both down the road. I would LOVE these as MOTUC figures. Look how fantastic the Star Sisters look!:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The PoP figures I have do look like that artwork. She-Ra's bracers might be a little different, and Tallstar might not be able to extend that much, but it looks like the 4HM are 5 for 5 based off that artwork, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    The PoP figures I have do look like that artwork. She-Ra's bracers might be a little different, and Tallstar might not be able to extend that much, but it looks like the 4HM are 5 for 5 based off that artwork, IMO.
    The Star Sisters in that picture are 100% the design and colour of the toy prototypes. The 4H sculpted and painted the Star Sisters based on the poster from the Princess of Power Magazine. They are TOTALLY different.

You can see Tallstar has her pants, Starla has no star crown and has her "sash" and Jewelstar is not bubble gum pink and is more jewel-shaped and less "robotic."

The MOTUC Bow we got is nice, but he's nowhere close to this picture. He has his toy bracelets instead of New Adventures of He-Man's, his toy belt with no bow on it (I call it the "door knocker"), his toy crown (non-stylized 200X version) and his chest armour is from the cartoon. The 4H took the cartoon chest design and mixed it with the toy's clip on kinght-armour, instead of just making it an extra, clip on piece.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

i do like his Star Sisters in that pic more then what we are getting but i LOVE the Bow we got he's one of my fav's

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Honestly, this is a nice pic from Emiliano and all, but it looks a little too Filmation-ey for my taste.

I'm more or less happy with the figs that we've gotten so far.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The Star Sisters in that picture are 100% the design and colour of the toy prototypes. The 4H sculpted and painted the Star Sisters based on the poster from the Princess of Power Magazine. They are TOTALLY different.

You can see Tallstar has her pants, Starla has no star crown and has her "sash" and Jewelstar is not bubble gum pink and is more jewel-shaped and less "robotic."

The MOTUC Bow we got is nice, but he's nowhere close to this picture. He has his toy bracelets instead of New Adventures of He-Man's, his toy belt with no bow on it (I call it the "door knocker"), his toy crown (non-stylized 200X version) and his chest armour is from the cartoon. The 4H took the cartoon chest design and mixed it with the toy's clip on kinght-armour, instead of just making it an extra, clip on piece.
    As a non-diehard pop fan, I'm not seeing the differences. Maybe if there were side by side comparisons, I could see them better, but they look close enough to me to where I can't tell the difference.

When I look at the prototype design of the star sisters, I see frilly ribbon and dresses.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Emiliano's PoP designs are very cool indeed! I hope Mattel will create further MotUC PoP characters accordingly!

Heroic Warrior
    The look of all those sci-fi super-heroines would compliment the MOTU characters beautifully. There's no real big difference in MOTU and POP to me. It's just the boys and the girls.

Wow! That is a fantastic drawing! The 4H couldn't go wrong with this...
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I liked the version that he originally did that was on the back which has some 200X elements to it, especially on She-Ra.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I agree. I think these are perfect designs for the MOTUC line when it comes to POP. It takes the best of both the Filmation designs and original toy designs and merges them. I would MUCH prefer all the POP figures to follow this style.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Couple of things that leap out instantly, even on my phone - like Swiftwind, Angella's wings should be white, and Frosta's white and blue are too similar - they should be a dark royal-blue and chalk-white, not mid green-blue and a bluish white with translucent parts blurring the line further. Contrast, people!

(Also, the shape of that Sword of Protection is ridiculous)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a fan of POP, but his artwork is awesome as ususal!

Mattel is foolish not to hire him!

This is a great image. For the most part all the characters look great. The only one I'm not crazy about it Queen Angella, I agree with Reboot the wings should be white and I really don't like the sheer skirt. Other then that great.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Well, we get Emiliano's She-Ra vision if we put Version 1's Filmation head on Bubble Power She-Ra's body?

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Frosta's white and blue are too similar - they should be a dark royal-blue and chalk-white, not mid green-blue and a bluish white with translucent parts blurring the line further. Contrast, people!
    She looks like ice...like the toy. That's the whole point, Reboot. Dark blues, whites, etc. makes you lose that aesthetic. You know how Iceman from the X-Men is completely translucent to look like a solid block of ice? This is the sort of aesthetic the toy design went for (icicle chest, bracelets, boots). I much prefer this and think it looks a lot cooler. I respect those who like the Filmation look and colours, but I think this ups her cool factor.

(Also, the shape of that Sword of Protection is ridiculous)
    That's toy He-Man's sword with a jewel...the shape is like He-Man's is in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    This is a great image. For the most part all the characters look great. The only one I'm not crazy about it Queen Angella, I agree with Reboot the wings should be white and I really don't like the sheer skirt. Other then that great.
    The beauty of the translucent pants is that they were removable in the 80's and I would like them removable in MOTUC. I really wish they gave Tallstar her pants in MOTUC.

About the wings...I like the very light pink, best. I hear what you guys are saying about contrast, but there are SO many characters with white wings in everything. Pink is a little more unique instead of "oh, that again." All the PoP horses have white wings with different coloured accents, 200X Sorceress, etc. I would just like Angella to retain a bit of her uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Well, we get Emiliano's She-Ra vision if we put Version 1's Filmation head on Bubble Power She-Ra's body?
    Yes.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 4, 2011 at 01:54pm.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    She looks like ice...like the toy. That's the whole point, Reboot. Dark blues, whites, etc. makes you lose that aesthetic. You know how Iceman from the X-Men is completely translucent to look like a solid block of ice? This is the sort of aesthetic the toy design went for (icicle chest, bracelets, boots). I much prefer this and think it looks a lot cooler. I respect those who like the Filmation look and colours, but I think this ups her cool factor.
    Even that blue's too dark for ice though. The more intense, higher-contrast colour scheme with the blue-white restricted to the hair (which is, after all, the only bit which is a part of her. Her costume's different since, unlike Bobby Drake, she doesn't TURN to ice for her main look!) is just stronger to me than the low-saturation & pastel blues.

That's toy He-Man's sword with a jewel...the shape is like He-Man's is in MOTUC.
    And you haven't noticed me kvtching that we should have a jeweless counterpart of Adora/She-Ra's sword?

The beauty of the translucent pants is that they were removable in the 80's and I would like them removable in MOTUC. I really wish they gave Tallstar her pants in MOTUC.
    If they did removable trousers in MotUC, they'd immobilise the legs - similar to Marlena's dress, but moreso.

About the wings...I like the very light pink, best. I hear what you guys are saying about contrast, but there are SO many characters with white wings in everything. Pink is a little more unique instead of "oh, that again." All the PoP horses have white wings with different coloured accents, 200X Sorceress, etc. I would just like Angella to retain a bit of her uniqueness.
    The clue's in the name. Angel-la. Angels are traditionally depicted with white wings

And MYP Sorceress' wings aren't white - they're tawny with a gold edge. And MotUC Swiftwind's wings have no white either!

Also, looking a bit harder (still on my phone, so can't see details properly), the collars on Angella & Glimmer are switched - Angella should have a high collar, Glimmer shouldn't.

Even that blue's too dark for ice though. The more intense, higher-contrast colour scheme with the blue-white restricted to the hair (which is, after all, the only bit which is a part of her. Her costume's different since, unlike Bobby Drake, she doesn't TURN to ice for her main look!) is just stronger to me than the low-saturation & pastel blues.
    I don't know...I still prefer this to the dark blue. It also makes more sense for "in the field" stuff. She would do a much better job hiding among galciers, ice formations, snowdrifts, etc. in that colour scheme than the dark blue one. The dark blue one says "I'm over here!"

If they did removable trousers in MotUC, they'd immobilise the legs - similar to Marlena's dress, but moreso.
    That's perfectly fine to me. They're removable. I mean, that's much better than the "don't include them at all" like they did to Tallstar. I'm also glad they didn't turn the Queen's dress into a skirt for leg poseability.

Also, looking a bit harder (still on my phone, so can't see details properly), the collars on Angella & Glimmer are switched - Angella should have a high collar, Glimmer shouldn't.
    Angella doesn't have a collar at all in this picture. It's based on the toy designs, Reboot.

Yes, I agree. These are the colors and level of details (at least anyway) that I'd like to see moving forward. If they want to add a little more details as they did with Bow, I prefer that even more. We got a much better head band for him as a result of the Horsemen's efforts.

Yes.
    I'm cool with the skirt being removable I just want her to have pants/tights like in the style guide. I also like the collar on her like in the guide it makes her look more regal since she's a queen. I get what you're saying about the wings, maybe a mixture of white with a light pink accent.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I don't get how soft plastic trousers would immobilize Tallstar's legs? Her outfit is essentially a bunch of strips that balloon outward when she's not in her extended form. It would attach at the waist and each ankle.

Emiliano is a talented artist, but I don't want figures to look like his drawings, I them want as filmation as possible.

When I look at his Bow, I'm specially glad the figure didn't look like that, the details in the armor are way too much like the doll.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    If Mattel/the 4H cannot do the interchangeable toy and Filmation outfits for PoP (like Queen Marlena, but 2 pieces: top and skirt), I want the figures to look exactly like Emiliano's drawing!

Emiliano perfectly captured the essence of these characters. She-Ra, Bow, Glimmer and Angella are hybrids, but I like them. She-Ra is actually like the Bubble Power She-Ra we are going to be getting in November. Castaspella and Kowl are 100% Filmation, but I would take a toy repaint of both down the road. I would LOVE these as MOTUC figures. Look how fantastic the Star Sisters look!:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VUqlEVftnA...a%2Bcast.0.jpg
    I may be an odd duck, but I really like the idea of a Kowl figure. And I'd love for him to have his Filmation look. He was the one PoP figure I had as a kid, and I was disappointed that he was yellow and the colors in his ears/wings were too pastel (for lack of a better word). Although I would love for his stomach to flip up with the color-coded knowledge indicator underneath. It would be a neat throw-back to the original toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    Emiliano is a talented artist, but I don't want figures to look like his drawings, I them want as filmation as possible.

When I look at his Bow, I'm specially glad the figure didn't look like that, the details in the armor are way too much like the doll.
    That's actually funny you say that. The only thing that is 80's toy Bow in that picture is his crown, bracelets and belt design. The rest IS Filmation!

My browser wasn't loading images, I thought this was the design in question

Now that I see the picture, I gotta say I really want that sword of protection, as for Bow, I don't like the doll details in that drawing either.
    Last edited by Romer; August 4, 2011 at 09:05pm.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.