Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comic Conversation with Eric Treadaway Parts 1 and 2

Awesome. Just awesome. Can't wait for part 3.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I say, do them like Emiliano's picture! I think that will make most people happy.
    No, I think that would make YOU happy

It sounds like Eric totally has it down how to do She-Ra's friends that will make most people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post

It sounds like Eric totally has it down how to do She-Ra's friends that will make most people happy.
    I agree I think Eric has it figured out. In a line with no soft goods how are you going to get sheer pants for Angella?

I also agree.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Now he needs to apply the same formula to 200X stuff - base it ON THE CARTOON, around the MotUC bucks, with limited toy-based touches.

I love the 4HM. Unlike some fans, they're so open to ALL characters!
    I'm more excited about the Classics line than I've ever been!
    Great interview!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Now he needs to apply the same formula to 200X stuff - base it ON THE CARTOON, around the MotUC bucks, with limited toy-based touches.
    I agree. BG Evil-Lyn was a rare misstep.

I'm telling you guys, based on what TG said in the walk-through video, I'm betting that that version of Evil Lyn shows up in the upcoming mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm telling you guys, based on what TG said in the walk-through video, I'm betting that that version of Evil Lyn shows up in the upcoming mini-comics.
    It wouldn't be shocking, since it already involves two He-Man variants (TP & Preternia) but what EXACTLY would that change? People who want a proper MYP (or Filmation!) version are hardly likely to decide they don't after all just because BGEL showed up in a minicomic.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Do you think that the comic dictated the toy here? No reason that a more Faceless One Evil-Lyn couldn't have been in the comic. . .

her looking like that in the comic has nothing to do with the toy odds are the toy was first and they did the comic art after it *if shes in the comic*

and what he said about BG Evil-Lyn was just sad

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Yeah, it was kind of sad to see how happy he was over BGEL- they definitely didn't realise how much they screwed the granny with that one. As I keep saying, it's not even just the reused sculpt or the Enchantress' cape that's off, but the COLOURS are wrong as well...
    I disagree, although I know I am in the minority on this one. I love everything about BG Evil Lyn. I agree that it appears that they consider her to be the 200X version but IMO I woudn't be surprised if we saw two more Lyn's before the line is done (a proper 200X and a Filmation). It's just a matter of how everyone feels about that. Considering that we're getting variants of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Teela (at least), it's natural for a character as big as Lyn to also have variants IMO.

After reading that interview, I feel that Eric is considering everyone when it comes to each charater and is trying to please as many as he can. I am really looking forward to some of the characters that were mentioned - especially Scorpia.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I disagree, although I know I am in the minority on this one. I love everything about BG Evil Lyn. I agree that it appears that they consider her to be the 200X version but IMO I woudn't be surprised if we saw two more Lyn's before the line is done (a proper 200X and a Filmation). It's just a matter of how everyone feels about that. Considering that we're getting variants of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and Teela (at least), it's natural for a character as big as Lyn to also have variants IMO.

After reading that interview, I feel that Eric is considering everyone when it comes to each charater and is trying to please as many as he can. I am really looking forward to some of the characters that were mentioned - especially Scorpia.
    I'm in the minority with, I LOVE Battle Ground Evil Lyn. I can't wait to add her to my collection. I talked to briefly talked to ToyGuru at SDCC and he seemed to more then open to the idea of more Evil Lyn variants.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I loved reading this interview!! 2 more evil lyns are probably coming, the filmation costume sculpt (not re-paint) and the 200x costume sculpt fans are still waiting!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Yes, it would make me happy, but I think it would make most people happy. Emiliano's drawing is like cartoon and toy combined. Bubble Power She-Ra has toy She-Ra's boots and bracelets and lots of people "not in the know" love them and think they're 200X. I saw that all over Facebook and I lol'd.

Heck, my last thread on the topic proved that some people who are against the toy designs in MOTUC don't even really know the difference between toy and toon...just that they don't like the 80's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I agree I think Eric has it figured out. In a line with no soft goods how are you going to get sheer pants for Angella?
    Like Scareglow's see-through cape. These are REMOVABLE pants. Heck, they can give her clip-on undies sort of like the bottom of Captain Glenn's tunic too!

Here's the picture I'm referring to:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I disagree, although I know I am in the minority on this one. I love everything about BG Evil Lyn. I agree that it appears that they consider her to be the 200X version but IMO I woudn't be surprised if we saw two more Lyn's before the line is done (a proper 200X and a Filmation). It's just a matter of how everyone feels about that.
    Well, if they ultimately do a proper MYP-Lyn (not just "200X", specifically the Mike Young 'toon), what would have been the point of BG-Lyn? It'd be a stool between two (three, if Filmation-Lyn gets her unique dress) chairs.

If had been a time or tooling issue, they should have spiked BG-Lyn, found something easier to do in the time and left MYP-Lyn. But this is worse, since he actually seems happy about it (backing up what Toyguru said about it being the 4H's call after he saw the hostile reaction), leaving questions about their judgement...

Well, if they ultimately do a proper MYP-Lyn (not just "200X", specifically the Mike Young 'toon), what would have been the point of BG-Lyn? It'd be a stool between two (three, if Filmation-Lyn gets her unique dress) chairs.

If had been a time or tooling issue, they should have spiked BG-Lyn, found something easier to do in the time and left MYP-Lyn. But this is worse, since he actually seems happy about it (backing up what Toyguru said about it being the 4H's call after he saw the hostile reaction), leaving questions about their judgement...
    i feel this 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Heck, my last thread on the topic proved that some people who are against the toy designs in MOTUC don't even really know the difference between toy and toon...just that they don't like the 80's toys.
    Angella's pink wings & lack of collar (nicked by Glimmer, who has one & shouldn't), Frosta's washed-out colours and so forth are actual things wrong with those designs sirrah...

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Great continuation of the interview. So happy to hear what he mentions - scorpia, mermista, kowl... Can't wait. And I agree that filmation pop has many more possible characters that are memorable.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I agree. She then just becomes a random repaint. Why does Battle Ground Teela use a whole new design based on previous media when Battle Ground Evil-Lyn ignores previous media and is just repainted. I don't hate the figure but I still would like to know what the background on her is. If it was just a cost issue or the Horesemen didn't have time to sculpt the dress, I'd be ok with that and move on. The reason given just sort of left me thinking "huh? that doesnt make any sense." Hopefully Roast Gooble or some other friendly/non-controversial outlet can get Eric to discuss this sometime soon.

Angella's pink wings & lack of collar (nicked by Glimmer, who has one & shouldn't), Frosta's washed-out colours and so forth are actual things wrong with those designs sirrah...
    i totally agree.

To me, the outfit shared with Teela is THE outfit when it comes to Evil Lyn. It’s all I knew until 2002-ish. BG Lyn is a great combination of MYP/200X colouring on that iconic outfit. It’s a darker version than Filmation and is worthy of existing in its own right.

Everyone seems to love and accept MOTUC Thunder Punch He-Man (including me) yet there is nothing new about him – and He-Man will end up with MORE variants than Lyn. Shouldn’t we grab our pitchforks and chase him out of town too?

To me, the outfit shared with Teela is THE outfit when it comes to Evil Lyn. It’s all I knew until 2002-ish. BG Lyn is a great combination of MYP/200X colouring on that iconic outfit. It’s a darker version than Filmation and is worthy of existing in its own right.

Everyone seems to love and accept MOTUC Thunder Punch He-Man (including me) yet there is nothing new about him – and He-Man will end up with MORE variants than Lyn. Shouldn’t we grab our pitchforks and chase him out of town too?
    um that's not true at all he's got new armor he is a retool not a repaint so he's got more new thing then BG Evil-Lyn

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    i totally agree.
    There's nothing "wrong" with those designs. If you don't like them, that's fine...but they are certainly not wrong:

I could say the reverse about the Filmation designs, booty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    um that's not true at all he's got new armor he is a retool not a repaint so he's got more new thing then BG Evil-Lyn
    I agree, and I think it's rockin'!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm sorry but Angella, Glimmer, Frosta, She-Ra, and Catra were always the main POP I wanted as toys but I never did like the toy versions of them at all. Being they looked nothing like their Filmation counterparts.

The toy Angella looks more like she should be on top of my Christmas tree than leading the Great Rebellion against Hordak.