Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Conversation with Eric Treadaway Parts 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Eric fulfilled a dream of mine, since I was a kid, I always complained why don't the bad guys have a flying guy.
    What about flying machines (e.g. Roton) & flying spells?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Eric has a superb attitude but i have to disagree, that MotU has no limitation.
    The girlie stuff is not acceptability for my shelf.
    But that is your limitation, not MOTU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    But that is your limitation, not MOTU's.
    I TOTALLY agree! You may not like the all the figures/characters but that doesn't mean that they don't have a place in the line.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    No, its the limitation of aesthetics. I am guiltless
    Last edited by JimPansen; August 9, 2011 at 01:55pm.

Great interview. I love how he went back to the line's origins to create his character. The 8-back era inspires greatness yet again!

As for this other discussion...I don't think the Star Sisters belong in motu. I do think they belong in MOTUC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    So...become a repaint of a NA figure?
    When I get my NA He-Man I will believe you
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm still hoping that we'd get a female Snakewoman as part of the 30th. Come on Mattel, don't disappoint! She doesn't even have to be called Vipra

And I'm happy for Scorpia/Alex too
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    And Scorpia (Alex) is going to be so pleased. Hopefully that's a hint that she's already in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I'm still hoping that we'd get a female Snakewoman as part of the 30th. Come on Mattel, don't disappoint! She doesn't even have to be called Vipra

And I'm happy for Scorpia/Alex too
    I'm like a giddy schoolgirl at the moment! Waited soooooo long to hear anyone even remotely connected to Mattel to comment on Scorpia and - now that Shadow Weaver's been revealed - Scorps feels like a distinct possibility! I may burst with excitement when they reveal her and Octavia!!

And I agree about Vipra- she's the only non-MOTU character I'd want to see in the line- partly because she fills the Snake Woman gap and secondly because she too kicks boo-tay!!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    It's always reassuring to read about Eric's respect for the line's origins. I disagree with him about the Star Sisters though. They really do not sit well with the style of the line.
    Just squeeze them in among Roboto, Queen Marlena, Sy-Klone, Battleground Evil-Lyn and Swift Wind and these three ladies will sit wonderfully style-wise.

Hey Eric, the Star Sisters look excellent! Thanks for all of the hard work.

They really need to post Part 2.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    They really need to post Part 2.
    Amen so agreed.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm like a giddy schoolgirl at the moment! Waited soooooo long to hear anyone even remotely connected to Mattel to comment on Scorpia and - now that Shadow Weaver's been revealed - Scorps feels like a distinct possibility! I may burst with excitement when they reveal her and Octavia!!

And I agree about Vipra- she's the only non-MOTU character I'd want to see in the line- partly because she fills the Snake Woman gap and secondly because she too kicks boo-tay!!
    Gah. I'm gonna lose it when they reveal Scorpia, but Vipra!? The Snake Lady from Bravestarr? My head would explode!

And it's a neat interview. It's so great to see the love that the 4 Horseman have for MOTU come shining through on each figure.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Gah. I'm gonna lose it when they reveal Scorpia, but Vipra!? The Snake Lady from Bravestarr? My head would explode!
    Your head is safe: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...707#9081023707

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    What about flying machines (e.g. Roton) & flying spells?
    Shadow Weaver hovers, Orko flys. I don't count the fly machines. Without the machines, the good guys still have Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off, Stratos, Sorceress etc, but at least the bad guys now have Drago-man.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    It's always reassuring to read about Eric's respect for the line's origins. I disagree with him about the Star Sisters though. They really do not sit well with the style of the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Eric has a superb attitude but i have to disagree, that MotU has no limitation.
    The girlie stuff is not acceptability for my shelf. I just don´t like the bubble gum look, i like the Frazetta look.
    Im ok with women, but gimme some Babes not baby girls toys
    So i have to cherry-pick from now on.
    If MOTU wasn't this great melting pot of various sources, then I think the Star Sisters would have a hard time fitting in. I think the Star Sisters do fit in...Eternia is a barbarian world while Etheria is a fairy tale based world. BOTH have fantasy in common.

MOTU HAD the barbarian characters at first then slowly got more sci-fi as time progressed. More technology based characters/robots/cyborgs like Sy-Klone, Rio-Blast, Snout Spout, Extendar, Rotar, Rokkon, Stonedar, Twistoid, Dragstor and Blast Attack appeared.

POP has the fantasy/fairy tale characters
    NA has the sci-fi/alien characters

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Yeah you´re absolute right about the melting pot and that it is what makes MotU so great.
    Im also not saying they should exclude POP.
    I only think that the "Care Bears" look of some POP stuff is not appropriate for my MotU-Universe and my aesthetic sense.
    I was hoping for a lesser bubble-gum style.
    I think the pastel colors don´t fit,
    but i said that i have to pick and choose from now on and
    im ok with that.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think you can see why, from this interview, the MOTUC figures are turning out so well. There's no doubt here how much this guy loves the property itself, and I've heard the same from the other Horsemen in other interviews. And it certainly shows in their work.

And Eric obviously gets the whole idea: MOTU can encompass anything, and that's what makes it such an incredible property.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Comic Conversation with Eric Treadaway Part 2

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/comic-c...adaway-part-ii

Part 2 is up. Much bigger article this time with even more MOTUC goodness.

Here is Part 1: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212628

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Awesome to read about his excitement over Filmation She-Ra characters!

My sentiments precisely, Tally! Thanks for posting this, MGM.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'm really excited by this:

Re: Filmation and She-Ra characters
    So, with the She-Ra 2.0 if you look at that, we took some of the toy details and added a few little details, so it still looks very Filmation accurate, but it’s got the extra details in it, and I think that’s probably about where we’ll be with it. A lot of the time, that is the trick. If you want to add those details in or have toy or mini comic or show or even the occasional 2002 element, it is that seems right for the figure or that fans have asked for without ruining the basic look of the figure that people are looking for. And so I think we’ve gotten to the point where we’ve had enough experience with it, with hearing what the fans have to say and what they think works/doesn’t work that I think that we know what to do pretty well at this point. I think we will be able to move forward pretty smoothly with it.

Sounds like Hybrid style, taking the best of both worlds. I really hope that turns out to be true. I need a dancing gif or something.

Happy to see Kowl (!!), Mermista (!!), and Octavia (!!) get mentions in there.

It also sounds like we haven't seen the last of Evil-Lyn.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Awesome to read about his excitement over Filmation She-Ra characters!
    That was awesome to read! Eric said a lot of good things in there, but I'm still scared about future PoP women. It sounds like Filmation plus a tiny bit of details here and there. I say, do them like Emiliano's picture! I think that will make most people happy. Best of both worlds there.

About Evil-Lyn...it sounds like they think that IS 200X Evil-Lyn and they want to repaint her AGAIN to make her more Filmation-like. My goodness.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Evil Lyn part made me cringe... but the Kowl part gave me hope! Bow is naked without Kowl...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    That was awesome to read! Eric said a lot of good things in there, but I'm still scared about future PoP women. It sounds like Filmation plus a tiny bit of details here and there. I say, do them like Emiliano's picture! I think that will make most people happy. Best of both worlds there.
    I really don't think so. It sounds to me like he has the basic idea over that.

About Evil-Lyn...it sounds like they think that IS 200X Evil-Lyn and they want to repaint her AGAIN to make her more Filmation-like. My goodness.
    Yeah, it was kind of sad to see how happy he was over BGEL- they definitely didn't realise how much they screwed the granny with that one. As I keep saying, it's not even just the reused sculpt or the Enchantress' cape that's off, but the COLOURS are wrong as well...

I must say this interview left me really excited talking about some of my favorites Scorpia, Octavia, Mermista, King Miro, Fang Man, Spikor, Imp, Kowl, and Loo-Kee.

I totally agree with Eric saying by adding the little guys, the beasts, and the giants it really does make it seem like a world.

Listening to him and Toy Gur talk it's so easy to see they love this line and MOTU & POP in general and they are really trying to please us. I personally think they have done an outstanding job on this line so far.

I feel like a crack addict I just can't wait for everything MOTUC the next bio, the next package, the next review from Pixel Dan, the next reveal I really just can't wait. I already have an app on my iPhone and iPad with a countdown to Power Con and Toy Fair for those reveals.

I' m just so excited I love how Eric said we wanted a Queen Marlena and a Shadow Weaver for years. I used to hope I missed them and they were made and I could find them as an adult but never did. However now thanks to Toy Guru and the Horsemen we are getting both of them in less than a year to finally fill this long empty holes in the collection.

I am also pretty thrilled with how they have blended POP and NA in to the line I love that I have an Adora that looks great with Randor and Adam. that She-Ra looks like her iconic look and her and Bow look amazing standing with He-Man and TeelaA and that we have an appropriate Orko unlike the god awful 80's mess.