Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the official 'We want Adora and Teela 2.0. with 2-piece outfit & twist waist' thread!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

the official 'We want Adora and Teela 2.0. with 2-piece outfit & twist waist' thread!

Now that She-ra 2.0. is almost upon us (november will never come soon enough!) I think it's time to clamor for an update on two lovely gals who totally deserve a make over...

...Namely Teela, whose rigid dress makes her the less poseable female figure of the whole line, and Adora and her infamous 'diaper' tunic.

The Horsemen seem to have fixed the Adora tunic that they used for Captain Marlena... But I'm still hoping that instead of just reusing that modified, one piece outfit, Adora will get a two piece outfit and a proper twist waist like Bubble Power She-ra, Sorceress and all the new female figures. If an re-released Adora came with the Captain Gwen redesigned tunic, her pants would open and not follow her hips when twisting at the waist, which would make her kinda ridiculous.

Regarding Teela, it's amazing that they still haven't reissued her. All the better! Now they have a chance to upgrade her! if they want to go the same route as Bubble Power She-ra, they can always make her a variant with a removeable armor or something, as long as she can be turned into the ultimate Classic Teela. This redesigned twist waist, two parts costume could also be reused for a new Evil Lyn, even if Evil Lyn doesn't suffer from the rigid dress syndrome as much as Teela. (her pants still do not travel with her hips when you twist her waist though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

YES Adora is a big girl now she don't need a diaper

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

While I would certainly buy both of these, I'd just prefer that Mattel spend their time and effort on busting out Netossa, Frosta, Glimmer, Veena, Mermista, Scorpia and the like instead of going back and redoing all of the old figures over again. We can find something to change with just about every figure released so far in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    While I would certainly buy both of these, I'd just prefer that Mattel spend their time and effort on busting out Netossa, Frosta, Glimmer, Veena, Mermista, Scorpia and the like instead of going back and redoing all of the old figures over again. We can find something to change with just about every figure released so far in the line.
    Yeah, this.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Well Teela hasn't been reissued yet, she's in major need of one. They might as well reissue her using the 2.0 buck. Or at least with a softer plastic like Evil lyn.
    Last edited by cobz1976; August 11, 2011 at 02:03am. Reason: Had more to say.

I'd buy both, but I really don't think it will happen, mattel is done with re-issues, unless they make them battle armor Adora/Teela or something.

A great accessory for Adora 2.0 would be the Filmation She-ra tiara, since bubble crap She-ra won't include it.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    A great accessory for Adora 2.0 would be the Filmation She-ra tiara, since bubble crap She-ra won't include it.
    Really?

Anyway, I'd love to see "Danger at Castle Grayskull" Teela (blonde hair with tiara) done in the same way they did BP She-Ra.

Though, I'd love mini-comics Teela with that awesome tunic from minis like "Tale of Teela" and "Terror of Tri-Klops."

She COULD be reissued with the blonde tiara head, a softer re-do of her regular armor OR a two-piece re-do of that armor, AND her Sorceress Cape/Robe from the new mini-comic.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    If they do another Teela, it shouldn't be exactly the same OG-toy costume all over again, with or without a waist split:

As for Adora, there really isn't a meaningful variant, is there? You'd end up looking for two-panel UK comic FBs and suchforth! There's enough to get done without doing variants for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Reboot; August 11, 2011 at 02:44am.

Heroic Warrior
    This is completely on the money Reboot I'm gonna leave TG a small blurb on Linked in to let him know to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    If they do another Teela, it shouldn't be exactly the same OG-toy costume all over again, with or without a waist split:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...elaMicros2.png

As for Adora, there really isn't a meaningful variant, is there? You'd end up looking for two-panel UK comic FBs and suchforth! There's enough to get done without doing variants for the sake of it.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    If they were to re-do this girls with the twist waist i hope its right at the end of the line. Id rather the money put towards other characters yet to see the light of day.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

like a few of course I want this, but I also want new characters first.

I have to admit I feel that wan not only because I just really really want new characters, I am hungry for them, but also...

I dont want to have to replace figures I already have. I dont want two, and though I'm not saying I wouldnt buy a replacement, I must admit I am in no rush to do so because then the previous release becomes basically redundant, and I hate that.

So go ahead and wait on this. I'm fine with it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well, they certainly lost an opportunity with Battleground Evil-Lyn didn't they?

Even if they weren't going to tool her 200X leotard, they could have tooled a new Teela 2.0 leotard, which they would have eventually had to use anyway.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

A waist-twisting Teela would be cool, but it would ruin the sculpt of the outfit imo. If they ever did such a thing I would hope it was for something completely different, but with the regular outfit underneath (like She-Ra). Although I'd rather see "Secret Liquid of Life" Teela first, or something completely different like that.

Personally I'm fine with the versions we have. Teela was my favourite, until Battleground Teela came along. lol. (btw I'm not trying to shout these ideas down. I just wanted to state how much I like the figures as they are--Adora too).

Reboot, I love this idea! Man, I hope Mattel does this.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

Bring on Teela and Adora 2.0!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I'd buy both!
    I'd also want Evil Lyn and the Goddess, but I guess they're out of the question for the time being
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    agreed. i do want to see adora with a better bottom but its not necessary now. i do however want her to retain the thigh swivel joint, same with teela.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

At some point, yes. I agree with everyone who thinks Teela shouldn't just get the same outfit split in two.

For Teela, add in the tunic from Secret Liquid of Life in addition to the regular tunic as a second outfit.

For Adora, a second tunic with Horde insignia would be great for Force Captain Adora.

For Sharella, use a no leaf Goddess tunic, new head and caucasian skin. 2nd Cobra helmet head seperate from Cobra armor and we have a Sharella/Goddess 2.0.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I say thee nay. If they want to do Horde Armor Adora and include a red tunic, sure.

If they ant to do Teela/200x Teela as indicated above, sure.

But just a straight up reissue with a twisty waist? No thanks. Too many other figures to be made.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Adora is a must, and the easiest new version to issue to fans: ala Captain Glenn, Mattel could give us Force Captain Adora... which would be Adora with the fixed and removable Captain Glenn-style tunic, with a nice Horde emblem on the chest, along with a red & black color scheme with silver highlights to echo Hordak's costume. Along with some new accessories (including a female-sized Horde crossbow), she would come with her normal tunic so you can swap her costume out and have your "regular" Adora figure and Force Captain version all in one

Teela? I agree she needs a 2.0 with twist waist and softer plastic for the dress. This would be the opportunity to pack her out with a blonde-haired head (with a better face sculpt than regular or BG Teela- thinking mainly better eyes, a matte finish for the face, different hairstyle to more resemble her look in the Alcala mini-comics). I'm not so sure the tunic needs to be removable, although I suppose THIS would be the way to go and I suppose as a second outfit they could give her the new Sorceress outfit? I would leave out the cobra armor and that second helmeted head, maybe give her some new accessories as well.

No matter how they would tackle it (though I am partial to my own ideas... LOL), I feel re-doing Adora and Teela as quarterly variants with improvements is an absolute must! I'm not satisfied with the current Teela due to her face, the way the hair is painted (on mine, at least), and the fact that her head isn't all the way down on the peg- giving her mega giraffe neck. Adora, I like her from the waist up but the skirt is annoying to look at- especially given what they've done now with Captain Glenn. Ultimately though, I really wish they would just get the figures right the first time.... LOL... thus negating the desire for second, newer and improved versions of characters we already have.
    Last edited by zodak74; August 11, 2011 at 09:00am.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yes, this is what they need to do to Teela. That one pic is perfect. As for Adora, I;m not really that concerned about her unless they want to do her outfit similar to this picture (and it does not have to be exactly like that, but I would want this type of jacket):

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I would be happy if they released a bonus 2.0 female figure once a year (like She-Ra 2.0 this year). Definitely split twist waist. I do agree the outfit should be a little different or upgraded like the She-Ra 2.0. I like the additional accents that we are getting on her. Fits a bit better with Bow and the rest of MOTUC. I would love an upgraded Teela, Adora, and Evil Lyn. Adora was definitely in the need of a bit more detailing IMO. They could release her separately just like She-Ra 2.0 so nobody feels like they are being forced to purchase her with the sub. Adora 2.0 would be a great release to go in the same month with a Spirit (if they ever plan on doing one). Evil-Lyn could have a costume similar to the 200x costume. Not sure about the upgrades on Teela yet, although a longer hair 200x head would fly with me.
    Last edited by phnx75; August 11, 2011 at 10:10am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...elaMicros2.png
    That's a great idea for Teela. I hope they go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    A waist-twisting Teela would be cool, but it would ruin the sculpt of the outfit imo.
    I think the original toy's outfit looked good. She has a belt at her waist instead of continuing the chest design all the way down her outfit:

As for Adora, I DO want an Adora 2.0. with a TWO piece outfit (no more one piece outfits for the ladies unless it makes sense. Ex. The Sorceress wears a one piece outfit with no defined waist. That is a figure that may have looked better visually without a two piece outfit, but I still think she's awesome and the two piece allows for better articulation). Adora has a defined waist with a belt...she deserves a two piece outfit.

To make her different, she can include any of the following items:

- Sword she fights He-Man with (similar to the Sword of Protection)
    - He-Man's Filmation Power Sword
    - The cloak she wears in Secret of the Sword to disguise herself (can be reused for Sorceress Teela's cloak).
    - Horde Adora's giant blaster
    - Adora's blaster from Filmation (instead of Movie Teela's) and recoloured holster
    - She-Ra's head unmasked (has Adora hair)

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 12, 2011 at 03:23pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    For Sharella, use a no leaf Goddess tunic, new head and caucasian skin. 2nd Cobra helmet head seperate from Cobra armor and we have a Sharella/Goddess 2.0.
    Sharella should be a different race. I'd say an earth based race, but not caucasian, Black, Latino, Asian (east or south) - as much as I'd like her to be a sista, I think indian (south asian) would be awesome. we haven't had that yet in MOTU.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure