Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the official 'We want Adora and Teela 2.0. with 2-piece outfit & twist waist' thread!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    A waist-twisting Teela would be cool, but it would ruin the sculpt of the outfit imo. If they ever did such a thing I would hope it was for something completely different, but with the regular outfit underneath (like She-Ra). Although I'd rather see "Secret Liquid of Life" Teela first, or something completely different like that.

Personally I'm fine with the versions we have. Teela was my favourite, until Battleground Teela came along. lol. (btw I'm not trying to shout these ideas down. I just wanted to state how much I like the figures as they are--Adora too).
    The vintage figure had a twist waist. And we all loved the vintage Teela!
    All they need to do is to slightly redesign the chest emblem. Just like they did on the new upcoming She-ra, slightly separating the chest burst and the belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I of the same mind as most here, I'd like to see an Adora, Teela, and Evil Lyn with the 2.0 buck, but only with a change in outfit. I don't need an straight up remake with a waist turn, I don't need it that bad. I love the idea of a force captain Adora. For the most part unless there is enough "newness" to the figure I'd rather just get some the girls who have yet to be made.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Really?
    yes, really , that's how I feel about the figure, that's how I'll refer to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Anyway, I'd love to see "Danger at Castle Grayskull" Teela (blonde hair with tiara) done in the same way they did BP She-Ra.

Though, I'd love mini-comics Teela with that awesome tunic from minis like "Tale of Teela" and "Terror of Tri-Klops."

She COULD be reissued with the blonde tiara head, a softer re-do of her regular armor OR a two-piece re-do of that armor, AND her Sorceress Cape/Robe from the new mini-comic.
    I'd love blond Teela, and if she has a pony tail even better, mini comics look is my favorite appearance for her.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    For once, I'd say keep the same Teela outfit, because we want the same Teela able to twist her waist. The Filmation Teela and mini-comic variants can have a new sculpted torso as well.

MYP Teen Teela is a smaller buck, like Teen Prince Adam, Teen Evil-Lyn and Teen Adora.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    For "Adora 2.0" I wouldn't want a straight re-release, I'd want the version in the image below, plus like someone said, a She-ra head without the tiara, so basically Adora's head but with the long She-ra hair.

How amazing would it be to finally have a Horde Adora??

Heroic Warrior
    I think Teela deserves a 2.0, and to be honest, I think that's why they haven't made a second release of her. Someone as important as her, they decided to wait till the body was fixed.

I think the 2.0 should have the same style clothes... just 2 piece of course... swap out the sword/shield and zoar. Leaving her with the 'goddess armor/head' and an added blonde tiara head.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian_Canadian View Post
    For "Adora 2.0" I wouldn't want a straight re-release, I'd want the version in the image below, plus like someone said, a She-ra head without the tiara, so basically Adora's head but with the long She-ra hair.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2428/...24fa5520ee.jpg

How amazing would it be to finally have a Horde Adora??

was this horde adora ever in any media?

I only want a new adora because the new pelvis crotch peice would look so much better for her...thats my only reason for wanting a new adora

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    For once, I'd say keep the same Teela outfit, because we want the same Teela able to twist her waist. The Filmation Teela and mini-comic variants can have a new sculpted torso as well.

MYP Teen Teela is a smaller buck, like Teen Prince Adam, Teen Evil-Lyn and Teen Adora.
    You say "can have" so blithely. Firstly, I don't think people WANT the same costume again (several others have said exactly this in this thread), and secondly - after the BGEL fiasco - the idea that you can say so blithely they'll sculpt FOUR additional Teelas which are all MILDER variations on the basic pattern, one of which would be a 100% tool, is right out the window! In the Filmation/MYP-Teela diagram I did - which I note has generally been well-recieved - I put the two together because I don't think there's any chance of getting both as separate releases, let alone both PLUS a direct redo and a brown-haired repaint with a yellow Adora costume! Spend the pennies on something different.

[And (a) FB-Evelyn wasn't depicted as smaller and (b) there's no basis for a smaller Adora. I think that if the 4H thought a proper MYP Evil-Lyn wasn't "Classicised" enough, the chances of a proper MYP Teela are nil. Look, they didn't even get the COLOURS right on BGEL for a MYP homage, what odds they'd give Teela her teal shoulder pads and olive collar & belt? If the head, top & belt were packed in with a Filmation Teela, they'd almost have to get the colours right to make the distinction.]

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    was this horde adora ever in any media?
    Nope. It's basically fanart. The closest they came was the brief shots I alluded to before from the UK She-Ra #1's SotS recap:

Which would give a costume colour scheme more like this:

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Sharella should be a different race. I'd say an earth based race, but not caucasian, Black, Latino, Asian (east or south) - as much as I'd like her to be a sista, I think indian (south asian) would be awesome. we haven't had that yet in MOTU.
    Well, there are two points:
    1) They need to keep basic consistency with the Goddess' headsculpt (which was, of course, reused from Teela) since that's now meant to be Sharella. That limits how much they can give Sharella the facial features of a different race even if they tweak it slightly to be less Teela-like.
    2) There's the archer woman on Megator's box, who appears to have been intended as Sharella (and can't be anyone else since there ISN'T anyone else!) to consider as well:
    Last edited by Reboot; August 11, 2011 at 08:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Spirit needs a rider!

Has anyone mentioned this? We need and ADORA that can ride SPIRIT!!!

This would have sold more Swiftwinds, if they had ALSO released a 2.0 Adora.

Yes, I'd like to see a more articulated Teela. (BG Evil Lynn should have been the paver for this.)
    But Adora IMO is even more of a must!

I'd happily buy both.
    Last edited by General Hawk 7; August 12, 2011 at 01:36am.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned this? We need and ADORA that can ride SPIRIT!!!

This would have sold more Swiftwinds, if they had ALSO released a 2.0 Adora.

Yes, I'd like to see a more articulated Teela. (BG Evil Lynn should have been the paver for this.)
    But Adora IMO is even more of a must!

I'd happily buy both.
    The Adora we have can straddle just fine. It was just She-Ra's tight skirt that was a problem.

I brougt this idea up right after SDCC. If they did Teela 2.0 and Adora 2.0....they can release them like She-ra 2.0. She-ra 2.0 did not fill a monthly slot or variant slot. So I don't see why people talk about seeing new figures first.

She-ra 2.0 was not part of the sub or the monthly slots. So I don't see why we can't continue to get new figures and have Teela 2.0 and Adora 2.0 released in the same way as She-ra 2.0....just a bonus figure not effecting the monthly slots (variant or otherwise).

Also with the Teela 2.0 tunic being redone, they easily could do the Evil Lyn 2.0 since they have the 2.0 tunic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    1) They need to keep basic consistency with the Goddess' headsculpt (which was, of course, reused from Teela) since that's now meant to be Sharella. That limits how much they can give Sharella the facial features of a different race even if they tweak it slightly to be less Teela-like.
    2) There's the archer woman on Megator's box, who appears to have been intended as Sharella (and can't be anyone else since there ISN'T anyone else!) to consider as well:
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...D/Sharella.png http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rellaMicro.gif
    In that original picture of the archer woman ("Sharella"), I actually think that's a quiver of arrows at her waist that's trailing behind her, not a long skirt. Which would probably giver her a loin cloth like BG Teela has - thus make her more likely to be made with more parts re-use. In the picture, it looks like her hand is moving toward the quiver of arrows to find an arrow to shoot at Megator.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

No, tired of remakes. New figures, please. Money for this line is stretched, especially after buying THREE tru 2-packs, Marlena, Glenn, and now Megator and MEF all within 30 days time. Killing me but I love it! Must stop spending so much though.

Completely re-done variant? Ok. Just a waist change = no thanks.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I noticed the picture link for Adora's cloak I posted was broken, so I re-uploaded it. Here it is again:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think Teela deserves a 2.0, and to be honest, I think that's why they haven't made a second release of her. Someone as important as her, they decided to wait till the body was fixed.

I think the 2.0 should have the same style clothes... just 2 piece of course... swap out the sword/shield and zoar. Leaving her with the 'goddess armor/head' and an added blonde tiara head.
    I also believe this is why she has not been reissued. However if they do the 2.0 body and new tunic for the body, we won't need the armor head because they can make the armor attachable, rather then molded onto a head (similar to the old toy).

Y

2) There's the archer woman on Megator's box, who appears to have been intended as Sharella (and can't be anyone else since there ISN'T anyone else!) to consider as well
    East Indian/south asian works in this instance as you don't have to change the cheekbones or give her fuller lips, the same face can work, BUT we can get a different face as the Goddess figure being translucent can easily be seen as a ghost/apparition thus her facial structure isn't so solid. easy to explain a different looking face and it would be cool to see other earth races in MOTU, esp with the females IMO, outside of Netossa there's nothing else (minus minor filmation characters)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

i'm against 'do overs', unless you can roll it in to a legitimate variant like bubble power she-ra. i get that people aren't happy with adora, but it really feels like 'let's keep making it until we get the one we want'. so my opinion is either you do it as a legitimate variant figure or you wait until the 'refresh' of the line starts.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You say "can have" so blithely. Firstly, I don't think people WANT the same costume again (several others have said exactly this in this thread), and secondly - after the BGEL fiasco - the idea that you can say so blithely they'll sculpt FOUR additional Teelas which are all MILDER variations on the basic pattern, one of which would be a 100% tool, is right out the window! In the Filmation/MYP-Teela diagram I did - which I note has generally been well-recieved - I put the two together because I don't think there's any chance of getting both as separate releases, let alone both PLUS a direct redo and a brown-haired repaint with a yellow Adora costume! Spend the pennies on something different.
    People have wanted a Teela that could twist her waist since the original figure was first shown.

What I meant by "can have" was that they could share the Filmation variant torso for a few different paint schemes, but since Mattel would rather repaint characters instead of tooling parts for Filmation versions of characters, it's down to the vintage leotard and the MYP Teen Teela, which can use a teen female buck that has at least 3 major uses, not counting Filmation characters who might also benefit from that buck.

And (a) FB-Evelyn wasn't depicted as smaller and (b) there's no basis for a smaller Adora.
    We don't have any evidence that Teen Evil-Lyn wasn't smaller than she is now.

The 4H came up with young Adam for 200X and they'll have to come up with a classicized version for MOTUC, I'm sure they can come up with a "200X" Adora. The idea is to have younger versions for the fans who don't like He-Man in pastels or She-Ra with shorter hair. Those fans want those characters because it's more of a transformation.

I think that if the 4H thought a proper MYP Evil-Lyn wasn't "Classicised" enough, the chances of a proper MYP Teela are nil. Look, they didn't even get the COLOURS right on BGEL for a MYP homage, what odds they'd give Teela her teal shoulder pads and olive collar & belt? If the head, top & belt were packed in with a Filmation Teela, they'd almost have to get the colours right to make the distinction.
    I don't know what the problem was on BGEL, but Mattel is willing to do go back to the drawing board for another Evil-Lyn variant.

Toyguru said that "We certainly could do additional versions of Evil Lyn down the road. We can confirm their is not a new Evil Lyn in 2012." If Evil-Lyn can get new versions I know Teela and Adora can.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 13, 2011 at 11:02am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't know what the problem was on BGEL, but Mattel is willing to do go back to the drawing board for another Evil-Lyn variant.
    I don't know what their problem with Evil Lyn is either. I'm still very upset that the 4H decided to screw us into paying for another Evil Lyn that's yet another Teela repaint. After they had the budget and okay from Mattel no less.

They completely need to go back to the drawing board, get it right finally, and I wouldn't be adverse to an apology for thinking I'd be okay with a repaint after Mattel was up front about the fact that going forward all quarterly variants would be allotted a full tooling budget and be more than repaints.

It's still incredibly sad that it will apparently take them a third attempt to make a proper Evil Lyn figure.

And if you're one of those fans that are happy to settle for a repainted Teela that you're fine calling Evil Lyn, I'm happy for you. But I expect more for Evil Lyn.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would buy a Adora 2.0 in a heartbeat.

I would LOVE to have that Horde Adora in the black and silver outfit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    The Adora we have can straddle just fine.
    Oh. My.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

What's better than a hot chick? A hot chick movin around! So I say YES PLEASE, make versions of these ladies that can take advantage of ALL of their articulation! And to make Teela even more enticing and different from the original, why not give her a Filmation head?!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Don't forget the Filaminamation head for Teela!!!

Personally, I would have no interest in a Teela 2.0 or Adora 2.0 - I'm happy with what I've got and more interested in getting other characters/variant rather than re-do's