Thread: What was it like when you were sick as a kid?

What was it like when you were sick as a kid?

What was it like when you were sick as a kid?

Typically when I was sick I layed on the couch and went through tissue after tissue. I threw them in a small garbage can or ice cream bucket. And I almost always watched priced right.

I had the chicken pox once and I remember It was weird being out of school so long. When I got my missed homework I also got Valentine's cards.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I think the nice thing about being sick was watching stuff on VHS, especially those recovery days while you're on the mend but not well enough to go back to school. There was a video store near the A&P where our pharmacy was, so I remember getting juice or Cherry 7-Up then watching old movies or WWF VHS tapes at home.

When I was sick as a child? I would watch Michael Jackson's Dangerous Laser Disc, Playing with my NES and SNES console while time to time going to the kitchen throwing up, I kept my sickness secret from my mom because if I'm alright but have like 1 more sick day left I would act like I'm still sick.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

It allowed me to watch a few cartoons I could normally only watch in the summer time or breaks due to them airing while I was at school. I'd also watch some game shows like Price is Right. I'd drink 7-Up and eat toast or glazed donuts.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    My favorite thing was lying on the couch watching PBS shows from the '70s and '80s

The Letter People, The Polka-Dot-Door, Readalong, 3-2-1 Contact, Slim Goodbody, Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street.....that was the best medicine!
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I don't really remember being sick as a kid. I was the perfect attendance kid throughout my entire school years. Even at work I have yet to miss a day due to sickness. But I do remember hating getting shots as a kid but then again who didn't?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

This is pretty interesting.
    -----
    I barely remember when I had sinus infections because I slept all day. But I can't forget about the eye crustiesa that stuck my eyes shut briefly.